View Full Version : Mistakes/Errors in The Walking Dead

PaulMason
10-15-2012, 08:40
Post the errors you see in The Walking Dead here:

Some mentioned are:
Lorie wasn't showing she was pregnant in the last show - now big

Where did the suppressors come from?

No gun recoil.

When Hershel gets bitten the walker can bite through his pants and bite off a chunk of flesh. A healthy human couldn't do that!

97XJ_Sport
10-15-2012, 08:44

Some mentioned are:

No gun recoil.

When Hershel gets bitten the walker can bite through his pants and bite off a chunk of flesh. A healthy human couldn't do that!

On the Lorie complaint, this season started 3 or 4 months after last season ended.

stolenphot0
10-15-2012, 08:45

Some mentioned are:
Lorie wasn't showing she was pregnant in the last show - now bigThey skipped the winter months in the show - fast forward. Carl & Hershel are both scruffy haired now

Where did the suppressors come from? yeah sort of amazing they found them over the winter, but I sort of let it slide since it's months later now

No gun recoil. I really noticed that with Carl and his pistol from the guard tower, picking off zombies from afar

When Hershel gets bitten the walker can bite through his pants and bite off a chunk of flesh. A healthy human couldn't do that!:faint:
replied above

CBennett
10-15-2012, 08:47

Some mentioned are:

No gun recoil.

if you listened it seems quite some time has passed remember when the Blonde chick thats with the chick with the sword says something about during the winter or something and her saving her...so im assuming several months have passed since the end of last season.

Im also assuming that they in these travels from the farm to where ever they are now have picked up some stuff and that seems to be some of the stuff

its TV / guns never have recoil so thats a given

and come on they are ZOMBIES they bite through stuff lol..hows that a mistake..comparing zombies to healthy humans lol

not "mistakes" IMO just things you have to read into some and just say ..ok...SEVERAL months have passed....they picked up some stuff along the way..thats all I hardly call it mistakes though.

jp3975
10-15-2012, 08:49
They also have an ar-15 and an AK.

A lot of time has passed since the last episode, and there's no telling where they got any of it.

TeeJay37
10-15-2012, 08:56
I did notice that they paid less attention to guns functions.
When Laurie is shooting, the cylinder rotates and a second or two later the flash and sound happen.
None of them cycled. Ever.
When Carol almost shot Rick, she then manually cycles the ak.
And it took way too long for them to realize they had to stab the exposed parts of the riot guards.

PaulMason
10-15-2012, 09:03
On the Lorie complaint, this season started 3 or 4 months after last season ended.

But at the end of the last season it showed the group was in walking distance from the prison. The camera showed the group and then rose to show the prison. So, did they go wondering around like Moses after leaving Egypt?

PaulMason
10-15-2012, 09:09
and come on they are ZOMBIES they bite through stuff lol..hows that a mistake..comparing zombies to healthy humans lol

The Zombies haven't shown any great strength, speed or agility in anything they do. The only thing they have going for them is their numbers. If it were just you and one Z, you could fast walk away while it sundered toward you.

Hailstorm
10-15-2012, 09:10
They had special effects for muzzle flashes. Guess they spent their money on zombies instead of blanks.

They always did the long distance shots with pistols. Even a snub nose .38. All I know is, I can't hit the anything at distance with a snubby.

TeeJay37
10-15-2012, 09:22
But at the end of the last season it showed the group was in walking distance from the prison. The camera showed the group and then rose to show the prison. So, did they go wondering around like Moses after leaving Egypt?

I believe Rick or Darrel said something along the lines of "we've just been wandering in circles all winter."

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

gwalchmai
10-15-2012, 09:42
um, maybe that people don't really come back from the dead?

Hines57
10-15-2012, 09:43
Mistakes/Errors in The Walking Dead

Ummm.......They are showing zombies.

There really aren't any zombies.

Hines57
10-15-2012, 09:45

Darn my slow 2 finger typing.

PaulMason
10-15-2012, 09:48
I believe Rick or Darrel said something along the lines of "we've just been wandering in circles all winter."

I missed that.

OK, add to the list that these people don't have a road map and a compass. How dumb are these people?

Sam Spade
10-15-2012, 10:23
They had a map. Showed them using it just before they found the prison.

One "silencer" looks to be made out of a maglight. Okay for the tube, but the interface is gonna be a problem. But I like the homemade aspect of it. And crossbow bolts don't bounce off of riot face shields.

wjv
10-15-2012, 10:45
Zombies in the show can hear
Zombies in the show can smell things
Zombies in the show can walk
Zombies in the show don't decay and rot away

TeeJay37
10-15-2012, 10:53
I missed that.

OK, add to the list that these people don't have a road map and a compass. How dumb are these people?

The funny thing is that they were looking at it when he said that. I may have missed an explanation, but I guess maybe their constant being chased pushed them in directions they hadn't intended. (Or something)

TeeJay37
10-15-2012, 10:55
They had a map. Showed them using it just before they found the prison.

One "silencer" looks to be made out of a maglight. Okay for the tube, but the interface is gonna be a problem. But I like the homemade aspect of it. And crossbow bolts don't bounce off of riot face shields.

The mag lite was attached to a gun that last season had no exposed barrel. But I suppose that may have swung by LWD at some point. Maybe that's what took them so long to get to the prison.

Wil Ufgood
10-15-2012, 10:57
[QUOTE=PaulMason;19520193]Post the errors you see in The Walking Dead here:

/QUOTE]

Most of the Zombie inmates were black :dunno:

TeeJay37
10-15-2012, 11:00

/QUOTE]

If we would just legalize pot, Rick and the gang wouldn't have had such a hard time clearing that place.

Dennis in MA
10-15-2012, 11:05

THIS!

(Beat me to it - I was at lunch.)

Wil Ufgood
10-15-2012, 11:10

THIS!

(Beat me to it - I was at lunch.)

But they DO!

http://gaia.adage.com/images/bin/image/photo/1-Imus,_Don_Imus,_credit_Monika_Graff-041607.jpg?1176508037

amazon
10-15-2012, 11:12
aren't they in Georgia? Ins't Glock in Georgia? Know where I'd head to...lol.

Spiffums
10-15-2012, 11:25
Suspension of Disbelief........... the haters don't have it.

The biggest error I see is where T Dawg didn't whip carl's ass and take his gun.......Danged if a 10 year old boy is going to have a gun with a can and I have to use a freaking fire place poker! His Dad opens his mouth BAM! No one would really do anything if you shot Rick.

TeeJay37
10-15-2012, 11:32

The biggest error I see is where T Dawg didn't whip carl's ass and take his gun.......Danged if a 10 year old boy is going to have a gun with a can and I have to use a freaking fire place poker! His Dad opens his mouth BAM! No one would really do anything if you shot Rick.

I definitely wondered why all he got was a poker. At least Glenns had some reach.

Chuck66
10-15-2012, 11:33
I don't see any of that as a mistake. Some of it is that you missed something. Time has passed, explains Lori's belly.

The rest of it's just TV. Because, it's a TV show, and Hollywood does as it does. The supressors are homemade. The recoil and zombies and all of it, it's just TV. And they did have a map. They spread it on the hood of the car and talked about all the ways they'd gone and had to turn back and how they'd spent all winter traveling in circles.

SGT278ACR
10-15-2012, 11:50
Yes there were some technical flaws. They compensated for the time gap through the dialogue. Some people just need to be observant and listen. As for all the firearms flaws... big deal. It's a TV show for entertainment. It's hilarious that some people are wound so tight that they have to take an hour of prime time entertainment and dissect & analyze it. :rofl:

TeeJay37
10-15-2012, 11:54
Yes there were some technical flaws. They compensated for the time gap through the dialogue. Some people just need to be observant and listen. As for all the firearms flaws... big deal. It's a TV show for entertainment. It's hilarious that some people are wound so tight that they have to take an hour of prime time entertainment and dissect & analyze it. :rofl:

I'm okay with it, I just notice things. As long as the don't go out of their way to make the brass falling sound from a revolver, I'm fine with it. I think one of the call of duty games did that.

Hunterfisher808
10-15-2012, 11:56
I still think that a .22 rimfire pistol or rifle would be the best for those Z s. a tricked out 10/22 with hi cap mags would rule. Yet even in this new season they use everything but!

TheJ
10-15-2012, 12:03
I don't get hung up on too much about the series.

The one peeve I have is the cocking sound they put in every time somebody raises a Glock/striker fired pistol. It's ridiculous.

TeeJay37
10-15-2012, 12:23
I don't get hung up on too much about the series.

The one peeve I have is the cocking sound they put in every time somebody raises a Glock/striker fired pistol. It's ridiculous.

Very first episode Shane tells the young rookie to check his safety on his Glock. Then he clicks something, no clue what but he found something on a Glock that clicks.

tuica
10-15-2012, 13:15
And NO film or tv gun (sans silencer) ever fires loud enough - especially indoors!!! - to even slightly bother the hearing of anyone nearby. Where can I get one of those silent shooters? Cheers.

dre23
10-17-2012, 12:48

If I am not mistaken he had 2 guns. The one with a can and another in a thigh rig!

Bugs
10-19-2012, 14:12
One thing I was wondering, and I do not believe has been brought up is...

If a walker bites you, you become infected (the reason Rick hacked off Herschels leg, so he would not turn into a Z) If you get infected from fluid transfers ie: getting bit, transfer saliva, then wouldn't it be the same as getting blood from a Z on you during hand to hand, and getting it in a mucous membrane? I think I am looking into this a little too much, but it bugs me when one of the characters gets bit, or scratched and everyone is freaking out, yet the hand to hand scenes everyone is covered in Z blood, with no concerns of becoming infected. Does the Comic book explain this?

NCHeel
10-19-2012, 16:46
aren't they in Georgia? Ins't Glock in Georgia? Know where I'd head to...lol.Advanced Armament Corporation is on the East side of Atlanta, where they are now. A stop there for an AR platform in 300 Blackout and an AAC silencer would put an end to every visible zombie. That would be a one stop shop for ammo and hardware. Georgia Arms and Atlanta Ammo would be good places to stop to never worry about ammo again.

mac66
10-19-2012, 16:57
Flashback is a popular technique to fill in the "what have they been doing since" stuff. Perhaps we will see some of it to explain the new weapons, suppressors etc.

I've always maintained that a .22 rifle would make the best Z exterminator. Ammo is plentiful, head shots are easy. A plastic pop/water bottle and some duct tape makes a passable suppressor. Save the big stuff for protection against other humans.

If it had been me I would have found the nearest Walmart (or any other big chain stores) and raided the back room for all the 22 ammo I could find. I would find a nice little town and then start clearing the area of Zeds. (Actually I wouldn't exactly do that since I don't want to say what I would really do, but it is something like that). Build a fence/barrier and then clean it out. Keep pushing it back, section by section. Gives you something to do (constructive exercise) and eventually you will clean out most of the Zeds.

nmstew
10-19-2012, 16:59

Maybe they can. When a live person chews, mechanoreceptors in your mouth (I think the teeth specifically) signal straight to the brain when you have bitten down on something and signal them to let up. Without this reflex arc it would be possible to bit down so hard you'd break teeth with each bite. I'd imagine it to be regulated by the medulla oblongata, which is probably still active in walkers.

nmstew
10-19-2012, 17:02
One thing I was wondering, and I do not believe has been brought up is...

If a walker bites you, you become infected (the reason Rick hacked off Herschels leg, so he would not turn into a Z) If you get infected from fluid transfers ie: getting bit, transfer saliva, then wouldn't it be the same as getting blood from a Z on you during hand to hand, and getting it in a mucous membrane? I think I am looking into this a little too much, but it bugs me when one of the characters gets bit, or scratched and everyone is freaking out, yet the hand to hand scenes everyone is covered in Z blood, with no concerns of becoming infected. Does the Comic book explain this?

I thought the same thing, especially after Daryl poured all that face goo from that one riot helmet. I thought everyone was already infected but you had to die to become a walker. ie, your brain dies but the virus keeps your hindbrain functioning.

Thumpernator
10-19-2012, 17:55
Advanced Armament Corporation is on the East side of Atlanta, where they are now.

Sorry, but they are no where near the East side of Atlanta. They headed south of Atlanta to the Senoia/Sharpsburg area. In the last episode, Rick said they were going to Newnan and then head west.

They never got that far before seeing the prison, but here is a gotcha. The prison sign said "West Georgia" Correction Facility which is really near/in Carrollton. Carrollton is actually NW of Newnan and west of Atlanta. However, they never really got that far.

Think their actual position can be narrowed down by watching the map scene again.

Anyway, they are not near AAC.

NeverMore1701
10-19-2012, 17:59
They need to make spears. Not hard to make, give you a bit of stand off, would be perfect for the fence poking, hell of a lot better than a fireplace poker. Make some bows. Again not hard to do, can make as much ammo as you can carry. Make some basic armor, leather or thin sheet metal. Also not hard to do, all you have to protect against is bites, not bullets, so you can maintain light weight and not compromise speed and agility. Look for more efficient vehicles, that old Suburban is a horrible choice when you have to scavenge for gas, and there's obviously cars sitting around everywhere. Find a small trailer, mount a generator on it, and get CBs, they're all over the damn place. Get a larger trailer, find a greenhouse, and get a mobile garden going. Get a welder to go with the generator, the ability to make stuff out of metal is never a bad thing, would help with weapons and armor. Grab any ATVs/dirt bikes you run across, use for recon.

The list goes on, but you should be able to find all that stuff in a week in just about any rural area. I'd shoot Rick in the nuts if I was in that group, all they have to show for 5-6 months of wandering around is a couple new guns and household implements and some goofy chain attached to to flimsy carabiners thing.

NCHeel
10-19-2012, 18:26
Sorry, but they are no where near the East side of Atlanta. They headed south of Atlanta to the Senoia/Sharpsburg area. In the last episode, Rick said they were going to Newnan and then head west.

They never got that far before seeing the prison, but here is a gotcha. The prison sign said "West Georgia" Correction Facility which is really near/in Carrollton. Carrollton is actually NW of Newnan and west of Atlanta. However, they never really got that far.

Think their actual position can be narrowed down by watching the map scene again.

Anyway, they are not near AAC.You're right, he said 27. I was thinking 23. He said double back to 27 and swing toward Greenville. I was thinking Greenville SC not Greenville Ga. He then said head west at Newnan.

Were they still trying to get to Ft. Benning?

Looking at the map and watching Rick's hand gestures makes no sense so that is out.

I would still try to head towards Conyers and wait for all the GSSF zombies to show up. Disarm them then head toward Lawrenceville.:cool:

Dukeboy01
10-19-2012, 18:31

The Zombies haven't shown any great strength, speed or agility in anything they do. The only thing they have going for them is their numbers. If it were just you and one Z, you could fast walk away while it sundered toward you.

One of the things that I find irritating with the show is that they aren't consistent in their own mythology when it comes to the zombies' abilities. Look, if you want me to suspend disbelief and engage in your apocalyptic zombie fantasy story, you've at least got to follow the rules you set up for the fantasy world you've created.

In the first season it was established that the zombies were slow, stupid, and weaker than the living, particularly as they decayed. But now in the third season, the zombie that got Herschel was smart enough to lay in wait for him, lightning fast when he attacked him, and powerful enough to bite through the pantsleg and rip out a huge chunk of meet.

The worst example of this failure to play by their own rules vis a vis zombie behavior was the way they killed off Dale in the last season. From the very first episodes the show taught us that a feeding zombie was a happy zombie and that it would ignore everything around it while eating. When Rick's horse was attacked in the first episode, the zombie horde allows him to escape while they eat his horse. When Darryl's character was introduced, he nonchalantly kills a zombie that was feeding on the deer he had shot.

The concept of feeding zombies ignoring other prey is probably the major plot point of the second season. It's the whole reason that Shane kneecaps Otis and leaves him as bait.

So, according to the rules of the "Walking Dead" universe, when Dale came across the zombie eating a cow that it had just killed, he should have been able to stroll back to the farmhouse, call a group meeting, and inform them of the danger. The group could have held a series of votes on how best to deal with the zombie, appointed a subcommittee, and come up with a final plan of attack. They could have then gone out in the yard and walked through the plan of attack a couple of times. By that time it would have been about four hours until sunrise, so they could have all gone to bed and reconvened in the morning when the sunlight would have made the operation safer. Then they could have sent Carl out there to hit the zombie in the head with a shovel since it would have still been munching on the cow and it would have been good practice for him to get an easy kill.

Instead Dale got did by a "ninja zombie" that ignored it's fresh kill to hide in the weeds and jump up on Dale.

Okay, I'll get off of my soapbox. It's just a stupid show.

NeverMore1701
10-19-2012, 18:35
One of the things that I find irritating with the show is that they aren't consistent in their own mythology when it comes to the zombies' abilities. Look, if you want me to suspend disbelief and engage in your apocalyptic zombie fantasy story, you've at least got to follow the rules you set up for the fantasy world you've created.

In the first season it was established that the zombies were slow, stupid, and weaker than the living, particularly as they decayed. But now in the third season, the zombie that got Herschel was smart enough to lay in wait for him, lightning fast when he attacked him, and powerful enough to bite through the pantsleg and rip out a huge chunk of meet.

The worst example of this failure to play by their own rules vis a vis zombie behavior was the way they killed off Dale in the last season. From the very first episodes the show taught us that a feeding zombie was a happy zombie and that it would ignore everything around it while eating. When Rick's horse was attacked in the first episode, the zombie horde allows him to escape while they eat his horse. When Darryl's character was introduced, he nonchalantly kills a zombie that was feeding on the deer he had shot.

The concept of feeding zombies ignoring other prey is probably the major plot point of the second season. It's the whole reason that Shane kneecaps Otis and leaves him as bait.

So, according to the rules of the "Walking Dead" universe, when Dale came across the zombie eating a cow that it had just killed, he should have been able to stroll back to the farmhouse, call a group meeting, and inform them of the danger. The group could have held a series of votes on how best to deal with the zombie, appointed a subcommittee, and come up with a final plan of attack. They could have then gone out in the yard and walked through the plan of attack a couple of times. By that time it would have been about four hours until sunrise, so they could have all gone to bed and reconvened in the morning when the sunlight would have made the operation safer. Then they could have sent Carl out there to hit the zombie in the head with a shovel since it would have still been munching on the cow and it would have been good practice for him to get an easy kill.

Instead Dale got did by a "ninja zombie" that ignored it's fresh kill to hide in the weeds and jump up on Dale.

Okay, I'll get off of my soapbox. It's just a stupid show.

I agree that consistency is key, and they've stumbled a bit on that. Oh well, like you said, it's just a TV show.

Thumpernator
10-19-2012, 18:43
I agree, DukeBoy. Did you also notice how when everyone was at the campfire, all the Zeds were just wandering around in the background? The Zeds should have been trying to get to them.

Diesel McBadass
10-19-2012, 19:21
they acted all surprised to find the prison but they were clearly right by it end of last season....

*ASH*
10-19-2012, 19:39
folks the first part of season 3 is gonna be flashbacks to what happened to them over the winter months and going house to house , alot of these so called mistakes will be explained to a point .

or they could just do the smart thing , head for coast get big boat, supplies head to the islands, bermuda , etc etc and kill the zombies there and theb no more zombies and live in peace .

ofcourse they are trying to make it to syndication 6 seasons , so maybe season 6 will be that lol .

Snaps
10-19-2012, 19:41
Biggest mistake, they killed off Shane!

NeverMore1701
10-19-2012, 19:42
Biggest mistake, they killed off Shane!

Agree, they should have killed Lori, that way Rick and Shane could go back to being bros.

*ASH*
10-19-2012, 20:00
Agree, they should have killed Lori, that way Rick and Shane could go back to being bros.

lori gets hers later thank god

Diesel McBadass
10-19-2012, 20:06
lori gets hers later thank god

in the comic the show makes its own course

dherloc
10-19-2012, 20:10
Previews show someone coming back that will make it...very interesting!

*ASH*
10-19-2012, 20:12
in the comic the show makes its own course

YEAH i know , on the show later down the road she gets zombified . not if just when .

GlockinNJ
10-19-2012, 20:30
During the scene where they massacred the zombies with the riot gear on, Rick's shirt was covered with that black Zombie blood. Next scene, his shirt is not nearly as dirty.

tsmo1066
10-19-2012, 21:58
Realism isn't The Walking Dead's strong point, but then again it's a zombie flick!

The character interplay and dialogue are getting better and I like some of the lines from the latest episode. I particularly liked the scene where Daryl poured zombie-goo out of the riot helmet and said "No way in hell I'm wearing this s---!"

mac66
10-20-2012, 07:27
folks the first part of season 3 is gonna be flashbacks to what happened to them over the winter months and going house to house , alot of these so called mistakes will be explained to a point .

or they could just do the smart thing , head for coast get big boat, supplies head to the islands, bermuda , etc etc and kill the zombies there and theb no more zombies and live in peace .

ofcourse they are trying to make it to syndication 6 seasons , so maybe season 6 will be that lol .

They are, sort of, following the comic books, sort of. They've added stuff, dropped other stuff, shuffled the order of events around a bit. But if you want the story without all the soap opera dramatics, just read the comic books. Of course the comic books don't make much sense either but hey, they are comic books.

PaulMason
10-20-2012, 07:47
Realism isn't The Walking Dead's strong point, but then again it's a zombie flick!

Of course the comic books don't make much sense either but hey, they are comic books.

Life doesn't make much sense but then again, but hey ...

cowboy1964
10-20-2012, 14:23
At the end of season 2 they didn't see the prison or know it was there. The camera panned up to show it to the viewers. As far as them not scouting it sooner, before they went in someone asked why no survivors had taken the prison yet and it was postulated that the pacts of roaming Z's just had been too close.

NEOH212
10-20-2012, 15:28
Mistakes/Errors in The Walking Dead

Aside from wasting the time to watch it in the first place? :whistling:

tuica
10-20-2012, 18:05
I know its fiction, and has to play itself out for dramatic effect, but a diligent group could have made that farmhouse extremely difficult for zombies to penetrate. Many implements on the farm to construct barriers, ditches, etc., but they failed to make even minimal defensive positions around their base. Cheers.

NeverMore1701
10-20-2012, 18:17

Good point. I think I'll read the bible instead.

:whistling:

dre23
10-20-2012, 19:39
I agree I would prefer they stay a bit more consistent on the zombie behavior. As for them going in circles if I remember correctly when studying the map T-dawg pointed this out and Rick said it was on purpose I think because of the "herds" as they called them. Now as far as supplies I have never lived in Georgia but lived most of my life in Alabama. I can tell you from experience if the weather dude even hinted snow the store would be cleaned out within an hour of him saying snow. Now imagine if he instead said weird reports of widespread attacks of cannibals almost zombie like with video. Imagine how fast the LGS and Walmart would be running dry :rofl:.

P.S. snow in Bama typically 1-2" at most and melts as soon as the sun comes up.

*ASH*
10-20-2012, 19:45

:rofl: hey now !!! ouch :faint::faint::supergrin:

CaptCave
10-20-2012, 20:17

I don't think that zombie was smart, or that it was out of the mythology of the show. They have showed many times of walkers appearing 'dead', and when something goes by, they awake.

Hershel wasn't paying attention to his surroundings, and neither was Dale

nmstew
10-20-2012, 20:40
The biggest error is the pacing. Everyone said (and I'm sure the writers/producers know this opinion well) that the secodn season dragged, and it did. The first episode of the third season felt rushed and I get the feeling they will try to get to alot of things in season three to make up for the drag in 2. Hopefully they wil get the balance right soon and the show will feel less discombobulated.

Remander
10-20-2012, 21:47
I want that shotgun Herschel had at end of last season. Must have fired over 100 rounds without reloading and - bonus - no recoil!

Also in the last season finale. Those two in the truck drove back and forth over a bumpy dirt road. Driver and passenger fired away. Every time they pulled the trigger: head shot!

Thumpernator
10-20-2012, 22:08
Those two in the truck drove back and forth over a bumpy dirt road. Driver and passenger fired away. Every time they pulled the trigger: head shot!

Isn't that normal?

NeverMore1701
10-20-2012, 22:51
Isn't that normal?

Is when I've been drinking!

frizz
10-21-2012, 08:10
I missed that.

They do have a map. Saw it for a couple of seconds in one scene. You may have been eyeballing Maggie's ass.

frizz
10-21-2012, 08:13

/QUOTE]

Most of the walkers in and around Atlanta are white. I can't imagine being too far off from 50%, but they take who shows up to be an extra.

frizz
10-21-2012, 08:17
[quote=MAJ;19520525]

If we would just legalize pot, Rick and the gang wouldn't have had such a hard time clearing that place.

I don't know if you mean fewer inmates or stoner walkers being easy to kill.

But you forget one thing about marijuana:

:popcorn::grill:

MUNCHIES!

Zombies are bad enough as it is.

frizz
10-21-2012, 08:23
I definitely wondered why all he got was a poker. At least Glenns had some reach.

Pokers don't need reloading, and you don't run out of ammo. They are also quiet. <shhhhhhhh>

I'd rather have a short sword, myself. A round metal bar with a sharp point and some sort of handle would be a great tool.

frizz
10-21-2012, 08:26
I am impressed with the firearms. I've said this before... On-set firearms are dangerous, so you have to have a "live-action" replica gun that is believable, yet doesn't place actors' lives at risk.

As the trade-off goes, they aren't bad.

frizz
10-21-2012, 08:28
Very first episode Shane tells the young rookie to check his safety on his Glock. Then he clicks something, no clue what but he found something on a Glock that clicks.

Mebbe his agency had the special-batch Glocks that had manual safeties.

frizz
10-21-2012, 08:31
Advanced Armament Corporation is on the East side of Atlanta, where they are now. A stop there for an AR platform in 300 Blackout and an AAC silencer would put an end to every visible zombie. That would be a one stop shop for ammo and hardware. Georgia Arms and Atlanta Ammo would be good places to stop to never worry about ammo again.

If you could get there and if they hadn't been looted.

It'd be cool if they start reloading.

PaulMason
10-21-2012, 08:37
They do have a map. Saw it for a couple of seconds in one scene. You may have been eyeballing Maggie's ass.

You're right but they didn't know how to use the map. If they did they wouldn't have gone in a circle.

As to the women - where have all the good looking ones gone? Since the beginning of season 1 they have all been on the gaunt side - and that isn't because of the Zombies. This is one of my pet peeves of the show. All we get are these boyish figured women.

Where is the young Dolly Parton?

http://i48.tinypic.com/2qsrjo3.jpg

frizz
10-21-2012, 10:08

Your other plot holes annoyed me, too. But I don't think the Herschel-munching zombie was laying in wait. He was just "snoozing" and woke up when yummy "long pig" was right under his nose.

What did annoy me about this was the failure of Hershel to brain the "body", but I guess the panic of trying to find his daughter can account for that.

In sort, if you see a body then you put something through the brain to make sure it doesn't get it for a stroll 'n munch.

frizz
10-21-2012, 10:09
I agree, DukeBoy. Did you also notice how when everyone was at the campfire, all the Zeds were just wandering around in the background? The Zeds should have been trying to get to them.
Which episode and scene?

frizz
10-21-2012, 10:19
they acted all surprised to find the prison but they were clearly right by it end of last season....
It may not have been readily visible from the ground level at that spot. Even if it was visible, being able to get to it is another story.

I expected them to see it immediately, but flashbacks may or may not clarify it.

Thumpernator
10-21-2012, 10:57
Which episode and scene?

Season opener outside the prison walls but inside the fence.

ArrowJ
10-21-2012, 19:26
I have not read the entire thread, but it seems like if I were in their position I would be breaking into a police department and grabbing all the reloading equipment and components I could fit in a car.

http://highcaliberguns.com
http://thesitterdowners.com

NeverMore1701
10-21-2012, 20:47
I have not read the entire thread, but it seems like if I were in their position I would be breaking into a police department and grabbing all the reloading equipment and components I could fit in a car.

What PDs load their own ammo?

frizz
10-21-2012, 20:56
I agree I would prefer they stay a bit more consistent on the zombie behavior. As for them going in circles if I remember correctly when studying the map T-dawg pointed this out and Rick said it was on purpose I think because of the "herds" as they called them. Now as far as supplies I have never lived in Georgia but lived most of my life in Alabama. I can tell you from experience if the weather dude even hinted snow the store would be cleaned out within an hour of him saying snow. Now imagine if he instead said weird reports of widespread attacks of cannibals almost zombie like with video. Imagine how fast the LGS and Walmart would be running dry :rofl:.

P.S. snow in Bama typically 1-2" at most and melts as soon as the sun comes up.

Even northern Georgia at "higher" elevations doesn't get enough snow to use a snowmibile like Rick was saying in the ep when they were going to drop Randy off.

Four wheelers, yes. Snowmobiles? Nope.

frizz
10-21-2012, 20:58
Season opener outside the prison walls but inside the fence.
Just looked at it again... Yeah, they'd be lining the fence looking for chow down.

frizz
10-21-2012, 21:06
I saw this on another site (IMDB.com) and it may offend...

It mentioned the good representation of a male Asian character w/o the common sterotypes. He wasn't de-sexualized/neutered -- bagged a hot farmer's daughter. He didn't use kung-foo on the walkers. He was a really skilled driver when he hotwired the Mustang. (Must have come from being pizza delivery!)

I think the lack of racial tension (especially with the slightly "ghetto" T-Dawg) given the small group in danger. Compare to front-line combat units in Vietnam.

The huge racial problems happened in the rear. On the front, they depended on each other to survive, and the racial problems were, as I have read, didn't happen much there.

NeverMore1701
10-21-2012, 21:10
I saw this on another site (IMDB.com) and it may offend...

It mentioned the good representation of a male Asian character w/o the common sterotypes. He wasn't de-sexualized/neutered -- bagged a hot farmer's daughter. He didn't use kung-foo on the walkers. He was a really skilled driver when he hotwired the Mustang. (Must have come from being pizza delivery!)

I think the lack of racial tension (especially with the slightly "ghetto" T-Dawg) given the small group in danger. Compare to front-line combat units in Vietnam.

The huge racial problems happened in the rear. On the front, they depended on each other to survive, and the racial problems were, as I have read, didn't happen much there.

It was a Challenger.

ArrowJ
10-21-2012, 21:10
I guess they do not. I assumed they did. I always reserve the right to be wrong...and stupid. :)

Averageman
10-21-2012, 21:24
Any time a 60's-70's era Triumph starts every time without some cussing and kicking, I am suspicous,

rhikdavis
10-21-2012, 21:48
They are, sort of, following the comic books, sort of. They've added stuff, dropped other stuff, shuffled the order of events around a bit. But if you want the story without all the soap opera dramatics, just read the comic books. Of course the comic books don't make much sense either but hey, they are comic books.

Dammit, they're graphic novels, not comic books!!

*ASH*
10-22-2012, 01:49
It was a Challenger.

good catch , and it was rick who got it started not Glen , glen just did not know how to turn off alarm lol

ilgunguygt
10-22-2012, 02:09
What PDs load their own ammo?
In the past it was more common, not the use of MORE, because it still wasnt all that common I dont believe. I do kmow that Skeeter Skelton used to reload ammo for the Sheriffs dept he worked for. The story of "skeeters famous cow killer loads" is a classic. I dont have a link to it, but it basically goes that he left a hopper of Unique in the powder measure and it became moisture/plastic contaminated(at least that was skeeters theory). Anyway, a deputy was carrying the loads he made up with it and had to dispatch a cow that had been hit by a car(this was with a 44 mind you). When he stuck the gun a foot from its head and pulled the trigger there was a bloop and the bullet barely came out the barrel and bounced off its head. The second shot did the same.

Back to the point though, my uncle used to reload practice ammo for his 5 person police department in a small town here in IL. Ilegal or not, the dept paid for the components and his time to do it. They carried factory ammo, except my uncle, he carried his own. It was allowed, but this was a small town situation with no real oversight or rules.

lunarspeak
10-22-2012, 04:29
they have to change the tv show from the comic....the comic is years ahead timeline wise...so why would you watch a show that you knew how was going to unfold,,

plus the comic is alittle more rough then the show could ever be..

in the books hershel brought 2 young twin daughters (around 9)
to the prison that were decapitated by a prisoner..i just couldnt see AMC putting that on.

there was never a t-dog,or merril or daryl

Mr Spock
10-22-2012, 06:49
Dammit, they're graphic novels, not comic books!!

Nah, it's a comic book. A graphic novel, if you acknowledge a difference between the two, is longer (60-ish pages at least, whereas a comic is almost always around half that). A graphic novel also tells a complete story in one book, hence the adoption of the "novel" part of the name.

There's no shame to reading a comic book or two. There may, however, be a need for shame for knowing the difference and caring enough to post about it.

Okay, I'm off the nerd soap box now. :)

Rabid Rabbit
10-22-2012, 07:11
A couple shots from a revolver inside a small concrete room, nobody fliches, holds their ears, and they can hear normally afterwards.

geofri
10-22-2012, 08:47
They need to make spears. Not hard to make, give you a bit of stand off, would be perfect for the fence poking, hell of a lot better than a fireplace poker. Make some bows. Again not hard to do, can make as much ammo as you can carry. Make some basic armor, leather or thin sheet metal. Also not hard to do, all you have to protect against is bites, not bullets, so you can maintain light weight and not compromise speed and agility. Look for more efficient vehicles, that old Suburban is a horrible choice when you have to scavenge for gas, and there's obviously cars sitting around everywhere. Find a small trailer, mount a generator on it, and get CBs, they're all over the damn place. Get a larger trailer, find a greenhouse, and get a mobile garden going. Get a welder to go with the generator, the ability to make stuff out of metal is never a bad thing, would help with weapons and armor. Grab any ATVs/dirt bikes you run across, use for recon.

The list goes on, but you should be able to find all that stuff in a week in just about any rural area. I'd shoot Rick in the nuts if I was in that group, all they have to show for 5-6 months of wandering around is a couple new guns and household implements and some goofy chain attached to to flimsy carabiners thing.

I'm late, but :perfect10:

The whole show I just want to scream Awww gimmme dat! I could do it so much better myself! TV..

geofri
10-22-2012, 08:49
A couple shots from a revolver inside a small concrete room, nobody fliches, holds their ears, and they can hear normally afterwards.

Huge peeve of mine.
I honestly feel even non gun people would benefit from hearing loss, it adds to the suspense, and the action.
In the very few movies where an explosion is shown to reducing hearing, it added greatly to the situational emotions. Felt like the viewer was a little closer to the real thing, Id say.

MrKandiyohi
10-22-2012, 09:56
Why don't they kill the Zeds when they can? Glenn just led them off when he could have simply skewered them through the fence.

WarCry
10-22-2012, 10:10
they have to change the tv show from the comic....the comic is years ahead timeline wise...so why would you watch a show that you knew how was going to unfold,,

plus the comic is alittle more rough then the show could ever be..

in the books hershel brought 2 young twin daughters (around 9)
to the prison that were decapitated by a prisoner..i just couldnt see AMC putting that on.

there was never a t-dog,or merril or daryl

Actually, the comic book has been RUNNING for several years (started in 2003, just passed issue 100), but the story is still in the first 12ish months of the zombie take-over. I THINK they've done one full year, but that's about it.

They can't do that on TV, though, because actors get older, especially the kid. They could get rid of him (don't think they will), but that would only slow it down a little bit. Even adults continue to age.

Diesel McBadass
10-22-2012, 11:43
Rick should have taken the tools gun away right off, and those prisoners were so bad at killing zombies.

Locking that opne guy out seemed excessive and a bit crazy, but i bet hell come back, probably will be captured by governor and give up the location or something

WarCry
10-22-2012, 11:48
Rick should have taken the tools gun away right off, and those prisoners were so bad at killing zombies.

Locking that opne guy out seemed excessive and a bit crazy, but i bet hell come back, probably will be captured by governor and give up the location or something

They discussed that on the "Talking Dead" show last night. They didn't really come to any conclusions, but there WAS a way for the guy to get out on the other side, so an argument COULD be made that Rick was giving him a chance, albeit a small one, to fight for his own survival.

TeeJay37
10-22-2012, 11:49

If you watched the talking dead, they speculated that Rick was releasing his frustration with Lori on him. Or that he gave the guy a chance, rather than just killing him. But, he sounded pretty eaten after Rick closed the door.

Lampshade
10-22-2012, 12:13
Why don't they kill the Zeds when they can? Glenn just led them off when he could have simply skewered them through the fence.

This one really gets me.

Mr Spock
10-22-2012, 12:33
This one really gets me.

I think it is sort of at this point, they don't really see the point in wasting the energy since they are so used to being around then and being pursued by them.

In the first episode, they raided the farm house and on the way out just jumped in the cars rather than killing the zombies there.

They are adjusting to life in a world surrounded by zombies - there's simply no need to kill all of them at that moment since there'll be more there tomorrow.

Personally, I agree that I'd be crushing the skull of every single dead body, walking or not. I'd prefer to fabricate a set of Spartan weapons though: large shield, back-weighted spear with a wide, flat tip, and a nice stout short sword. Complete with some home-made leather lamellar armor (obviously not Spartan), I'd do quite well...

NeverMore1701
10-22-2012, 12:40
The walker you don't kill today could be the one that kills you tomorrow. Ex: Dale.

MrKandiyohi
10-22-2012, 12:48

This one really gets me.

They'll open a door and let them walk through to kill them, but won't do it when it's easy. A prison is prime killing ground with the fences outside and the bars inside. Let the Zs walk up to the barrier and dispatch them.

cgwahl
10-22-2012, 13:04
It may not have been readily visible from the ground level at that spot. Even if it was visible, being able to get to it is another story.

I expected them to see it immediately, but flashbacks may or may not clarify it.

It could also have been for artistic license...basically a sneak peak to what season 3 is going to be about. Not to mention a nod to the comic book readers.

Or it could be like they did with Smallville by accident. I recall at one point they did a pan to the background and you saw Metropolis. The people that worked on Smallville didn't mean for Metropolis to be as close as it was to Smallville. But the graphic people kind of messed up and made it look like it was just an hour away or something.

SGT278ACR
10-22-2012, 13:10
Mistakes/Errors in The Walking Dead....?

Hhmmm.... let's see... The zombie apocalypse isn't real! :rofl:

I said it before, I'll say it again; screw the technical mistakes with weapons and how they go about killing zombies. It's an entertaining show nonetheless. Let me ask this while we're at it. I don't ever recall them saying or using the term "zombie' ever on the show. They may have, but I don't ever remember hearing. Does anyone know? Just curious.

eruby
10-22-2012, 13:16
Mistakes/Errors in The Walking Dead....?

Hhmmm.... let's see... The zombie apocalypse isn't real! :rofl:

I said it before, I'll say it again; screw the technical mistakes with weapons and how they go about killing zombies. It's an entertaining show nonetheless. Let me ask this while we're at it. I don't ever recall them saying or using the term "zombie' ever on the show. They may have, but I don't ever remember hearing. Does anyone know? Just curious.It was used at least once in the comic book. I don't think it's ever been used in the show.

And STOP making sense. :supergrin:

SGT278ACR
10-22-2012, 13:27
And STOP making sense. :supergrin:

Thanks and sorry. I forgot where I was at. :rofl:

mac66
10-22-2012, 16:06
Hey, know what hurts? Having your friggin leg chopped off with a hatchet that's what.

Think you are going to stay unconscious very long when your stump starts to hurt? NOT VERY BLOODY LIKELY!

Mr Spock
10-25-2012, 19:59
Hey, know what hurts? Having your friggin leg chopped off with a hatchet that's what.

Think you are going to stay unconscious very long when your stump starts to hurt? NOT VERY BLOODY LIKELY!

Shock and/or light-headed from the massive blood loss. For either reason he could easily still be passed out hours later.

Now, the next day is going to SUCK...hope they still have the harder stuff from Meryl's stash or he's going to have a really bad couple of days/weeks/months.

NeverMore1701
10-25-2012, 20:03
Shock and/or light-headed from the massive blood loss. For either reason he could easily still be passed out hours later.

Now, the next day is going to SUCK...hope they still have the harder stuff from Meryl's stash or he's going to have a really bad couple of days/weeks/months.

I'd imagine that even if Carl didn't grab any good stuff from the infirmary they could go back and get some.

Thumpernator
10-25-2012, 20:09
I'd imagine that even if Carl didn't grab any good stuff from the infirmary they could go back and get some.

Carl already said he emptied it out. Bet the inmates got all the good drugs a long time ago.

NeverMore1701
10-25-2012, 20:10
Carl already said he emptied it out. Bet the inmates got all the good drugs a long time ago.

Thought they were trapped in the cafeteria.

Thumpernator
10-25-2012, 20:23
Thought they were trapped in the cafeteria.

They weren't in the cafeteria when the gang got there.

NeverMore1701
10-25-2012, 21:03
Sorry, kitchen.

Mr Spock
10-26-2012, 06:07

Like was mentioned - Carl cleaned out the supplies. Could have been other prisoners and not the cowards in the kitchen who got to the drugs. Would make sense that things fell section by section over several days since the prison could be locked down block by block and they wouldn't have realized a bite was a death sentence/new walker in the early days. The guards or prisoners got to the meds, or they simply exhausted the supplies caring for the bitten and otherwise injured until everything fell apart.

If you remember when T-dog had his injury and infection last season Darryl pulled out the big bag of his brother's stash, and said that in the midst of all the other drugs he had antibiotics. Hope they still have some of that stuff left.

JFrame
10-26-2012, 12:00
I still think that a .22 rimfire pistol or rifle would be the best for those Z s. a tricked out 10/22 with hi cap mags would rule. Yet even in this new season they use everything but!

Flashback is a popular technique to fill in the "what have they been doing since" stuff. Perhaps we will see some of it to explain the new weapons, suppressors etc.

I've always maintained that a .22 rifle would make the best Z exterminator. Ammo is plentiful, head shots are easy. A plastic pop/water bottle and some duct tape makes a passable suppressor. Save the big stuff for protection against other humans.

If it had been me I would have found the nearest Walmart (or any other big chain stores) and raided the back room for all the 22 ammo I could find. I would find a nice little town and then start clearing the area of Zeds. (Actually I wouldn't exactly do that since I don't want to say what I would really do, but it is something like that). Build a fence/barrier and then clean it out. Keep pushing it back, section by section. Gives you something to do (constructive exercise) and eventually you will clean out most of the Zeds.

Max Brooks, author of The Zombie Survival Guide and internationally recognized expert on zombies, would agree with you two gentlemen.

In a recent installment of "Sons of Guns," Brooks had the gunsmiths split into two teams and design a zombie gun for military use, and a zombie gun for civilian use. The military gun was basically a selective-fire M4 with a grenade launcher and electronic optics.

The civilian gun was a 10/22 receiver and barrel housed in a custom-made bullpup stock, with high-cap mags, electronic optics, and fitted with a spike bayonet. You could tell that the .22 was Brooks' preference from the beginning, and that is what he would prefer in a "real world" zombie scenario... :cool:

Snaps
10-27-2012, 01:13
number 1 show on tv without dish network... yea i'd say your taste sucks.

Mr Spock
10-27-2012, 05:57
number 1 show on tv without dish network... yea i'd say your taste sucks.

Name one other show with enough of a following to also support a 30 min recap talk show every single week after the episode. I'd wager to bet that talking dead gets more viewers than a lot of primetime network shows... And all they do is talk about what we just saw!

TeeJay37
10-28-2012, 19:52
Long(ish) shot AR with no rear sight. Lol

ilgunguygt
10-28-2012, 19:55
Long(ish) shot AR with no rear sight. Lol
I just came in here to post that! That was ridiculous!:rofl:

Osborne
10-28-2012, 19:57
I just came in here to post that! That was ridiculous!:rofl:

Yup, first I was pissed about that then the soldiers got shot, I'm really disappointed in this show.

rednoved
10-28-2012, 20:01
Name one other show with enough of a following to also support a 30 min recap talk show every single week after the episode. I'd wager to bet that talking dead gets more viewers than a lot of primetime network shows... And all they do is talk about what we just saw!

An NFL game.

Chuck66
10-29-2012, 07:14
An NFL game.

Not really a show in the context of the discussion. Live events aren't really the same. I also wouldn't count something like the presidential debates.

Caustic Mopar
10-29-2012, 08:16
Why is everyone carrying there holsters on the wrong damn side.

Diesel McBadass
10-29-2012, 08:25
i want rick to pull the python and shoot the governor in the face

TeeJay37
10-29-2012, 09:25
Why is everyone carrying there holsters on the wrong damn side.

Cause it looks cool? That bothered me too. Maybe they all practice left handed using the pinky as the trigger finger just to throw an opponent off.

mac66
10-29-2012, 12:02
Max Brooks, author of The Zombie Survival Guide and internationally recognized expert on zombies, would agree with you two gentlemen.

In a recent installment of "Sons of Guns," Brooks had the gunsmiths split into two teams and design a zombie gun for military use, and a zombie gun for civilian use. The military gun was basically a selective-fire M4 with a grenade launcher and electronic optics.

The civilian gun was a 10/22 receiver and barrel housed in a custom-made bullpup stock, with high-cap mags, electronic optics, and fitted with a spike bayonet. You could tell that the .22 was Brooks' preference from the beginning, and that is what he would prefer in a "real world" zombie scenario... :cool:

That's interesting. I don't generally watch Sons of Guns, gonna have to see if I can find that episode online.

In regards to Max Brooks. He is the son of Mel Brooks the famous producer/actor/director of comedy films. Kind of funny that Max has become the expert on zombies.

BTW, bullpups don't work well for long range shooting which is what you want to do with zombies.

JFrame
10-29-2012, 12:23
That's interesting. I don't generally watch Sons of Guns, gonna have to see if I can find that episode online.

In regards to Max Brooks. He is the son of Mel Brooks the famous producer/actor/director of comedy films. Kind of funny that Max has become the expert on zombies.

BTW, bullpups don't work well for long range shooting which is what you want to do with zombies.

Mac -- I agree with you. IIRC, they went with the bullpup for the added maneuverability (and also, I'm sure, a bit of the "cool factor"), but I would opt for a more conventional, relatively lightweight 10/22 stock. It's not like you're dealing with a B.A.R. in either case. :)

I did like the whole line of reasoning for selecting a .22 LR platform...