First place finish-second place prizes??? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : First place finish-second place prizes???

9mmdude
10-15-2012, 09:22
I noticed at Beckley in the Guardian Division and at Topton in Sub-Compact that the first place finisher got second place prizes. Any idea why?

DannyR
10-15-2012, 09:28
Could be that a win in another category at the same match promoted them to Master.:wavey:

SARDG
10-15-2012, 09:59
I noticed at Beckley in the Guardian Division and at Topton in Sub-Compact that the first place finisher got second place prizes. Any idea why?
I didn't look at the Beckley results lately, but prizes for wins are on a sliding scale - 3 maximum gun wins per match for an Amateur (at which point, and on the third win, they would be promoted to Master), or maximum gun win of one performance gun per match as a Master. After those particular wins at a match, you begin sliding to 2nd and 3rd place. If the third win and promotion to Master occurs during the match, it gets more complicated.

I came in 1st in 3 divisions in the Reevesville Ladies Match, and had already won one performance award gun in another match, so was promoted to Master, mid-match. After the dust settled I won 3 guns - 2 for 1st place and one for 2nd place. On one 1st place win I won nothing. On one 2nd place win I won a gun because the 1st place shooter was a Master and won her single gun in another Division. On my 4th place win, I received a 3rd place prize because shooters above me with better scores had reached their max.

If all this doesn't make sense - join the crowd. Just think about the Bryan Dovers who win 5 or 6 Divisions and receive one award gun.

Read Rule 190.xx for the 'legal' description.

emtjr928
10-15-2012, 10:50
Almost reads like an Abbott and Costello routine. :-)

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

jab
10-15-2012, 11:57
YES IT IS CONFUSING,but it got me a gun at Topton !!! :cool:

Comrade Bork
10-16-2012, 16:33
The prize descriptions on the results are often, not very descriptive.

A lot of the awards are for the Masters, others are for the Amateurs.

If one is not that familiar with the awards themselves, and this often includes Amateurs almost by definition, they can be hard to figure out.