Obama's weakness: His arrogance [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Obama's weakness: His arrogance

jeanderson
10-15-2012, 10:00
Obama walked off the stage after the 1st debate thinking he won! (See: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2215173/Obama-believed-beaten-Romney-Denver-debate-ignoring-advice-aides.html). He is a completely self-absorbed, arrogant narcissist who believes he is beyond being questioned about anything he does.

Mitt Romney needs to exploit this weakness in Obama and go after him even harder Tuesday night. Just because he won the first debate is no excuse for Romney to let up now. With the subject of foreign policy, there are so many things he can hit Obama with:

Libya embassy bombing & conflicting accounts of what happened
Apoligizing to other countries for the United States
Clear anti-Israel position (suggestions of going back to 1967 borders)
"Leading from behind" in Libya (where did that get us?)
Backing the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt
His silence on the Iranian uprising of 2009
... there are so many others here!

Obama is such a buffoon when it comes to foreign policy. There's no class warfare angle to play. Obama's completely exposed on many issues here.

BuckeyePPC
10-15-2012, 10:21
I agree with everything you said but I thought Foreign Policy was the 3rd debate. 2nd debate is questions from the audience. I may be wrong, though.

callihan_44
10-15-2012, 13:06
I think bama came back down to earth a tad, im sure he's felt the heat to perform well

engineer151515
10-15-2012, 14:59
I think bama came back down to earth a tad, im sure he's felt the heat to perform well

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2217987/Is-throwing-spears-Romney-Obamas-attack-plan-second-presidential-debate.html

When I look at this, I see a guy who wishes he had his golf clubs instead.

Debate practice on the course?

I wonder if this is how he studied for the BAR exam?

alphacat
10-15-2012, 15:19
Obama who?:dunno:

FFR Spyder GT
10-15-2012, 16:25
Romney is a completely self-absorbed, arrogant narcissist.

Heck, he's had more plastic surgery than Michael Jackson. :upeyes:

callihan_44
10-15-2012, 18:08

:rofl::upeyes::upeyes::upeyes:

QNman
10-15-2012, 18:18

You of course have:

1) Before and after photos
2) Some reasonable point making plastic surgery relevant
3) No problem with Monster Pelosi...

Right?

QNman
10-15-2012, 18:23
I think know Obama's a classic narcissist. Most Presidents are; almost necessarily.

Obama does seem to take it to new heights at times. And I think his hubris, while perhaps surpassed by George W.'s in 2004, was his ultimate downfall in the first (just like George W.).

He will be better prepared this time. The question is, will he be able to go toe-to-toe with Romney and his seemingly encyclopedic grasp of the facts and minutia of current legislation without a prompter? So far - in ANY of Obama's past - he has never been challenged to do this. Four years ago was all rainbows and unicorns ("hope and change"), and that worked fine against doddering, old McSame.

It is unlikely to have the same effect today. He's going to have to come out and command facts - FACTS - not talking points, not ad hom, and not just "yes it is, no it isn't"; make a decided point or cede the point.

series1811
10-16-2012, 06:23

You just heard people calling Obama that first, years ago, because he exibits every single characteristic of NPD behavior, and thought it sounded good, didn't you?

LoadToadBoss
10-16-2012, 06:27
I thought ineptness was his greatest weakness?:dunno:

aircarver
10-16-2012, 06:36
I thought ineptness was his greatest weakness?:dunno:

I would have gone with him being a commie stooge....

stevelyn
10-16-2012, 12:56

That all you got? :upeyes:

To paraphrase Archie Bunker, "That's the black calling the kettle pot".

JBnTX
10-16-2012, 13:01
I think some of you are confusing arrogance with ignorance.

Obama's actions that you interpret as "I'm smarter than you", are really "WTF do I do next" acts of total confusion.