Ask Tell Make [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Ask Tell Make

gsp174
10-15-2012, 11:05
Hope these officers make it out of this ok. After viewing the comments I can only think of how weak the critics are. It takes officers like this to put their foot down and say enough is enough.
If anything the cuffs should never of come out until he was compliant or restrained. Too many broken fingers and swinging half hooked cuffs to not get them on the ground.

http://www.crownheights.info/index.php?itemid=47531

Mayhem like Me
10-15-2012, 13:07
is there a video?

That link did not show one?

Did this happen in America, it would not seem so as written by the biased dewchbag...What a horrible piece of trash called an article.
In the picture the "defenseless man " has a good 5 inches and 20 lbs or more on the officer.

gsp174
10-15-2012, 13:18
The video is at the bottom.

Mayhem like Me
10-15-2012, 13:22
no workee for me I'll get it on my phone later.

collim1
10-15-2012, 13:29
What a lousy article. The suspect fought tooth and nail to the very end. Hardly defenseless.

I feel bad for the male officer, he was on his own the whole time. Nothing she did was effective in the least.

Ohio Copper
10-15-2012, 15:09
Lmao, one of the comments says "we don't live in Berlin anymore"

Wtf?

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

blueiron
10-15-2012, 15:15
Lmao, one of the comments says "we don't live in Berlin anymore"

Most Germans are by nature, an ordered and polite society. They generally don't go off and publicly act out simian behaviors as a challenge to the police.

The non-spec. baby batter that said this has likely never been outside of the continental United States.

blueiron
10-15-2012, 15:20
'A.T.M." was referred to as "D.O.C." at my place.

Direct, Order, Compel. It also commonly inferred by cops that if you failed D.O.C., one would soon be in the custody of D.O.C. [Dep't. Of Corrections].

TXCOPPER
10-15-2012, 16:17
What a completely unbiased well written piece of journalism.... Or not!

Video won't work from my phone, but the article is completely useless as far as what happened since its so slanted!

Sent from my angry birds provider (aka my phone)

blueiron
10-15-2012, 16:19
Perhaps this link will work better:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57532747-504083/caught-on-video-nypd-battles-shirtless-man-man-at-jewish-youth-center/

nikerret
10-15-2012, 17:18
He pulls away, throws his arms around, and gets into a fighting stance right before the male LEO throws blows. Looked like a good use of force, to me. It was +1, just as I was trained. Hard empty hands on an actively incompliant subject who was under arrest. After the first few blows, I can't really tell what was happening.

TXCOPPER
10-15-2012, 17:36
I never understand an officer pulling out handcuffs for a non-compliant suspect who is not already being controlled by the officer.

I remember a video out of NYPD with several officers fighting a suspect (he may have been naked IIRC), all with their cuffs in hand. Just meant that they were fighting with one hand, and giving the suspect a weapon to fight back with. 😕Facepalm

Sent from my angry birds provider (aka my phone)

Mayhem like Me
10-15-2012, 17:47
Saw the video the kid had a pretty good guard... only the first couple of shots landed then he went fetal ... What a joke he shoved and resisted the officer

Dragoon44
10-15-2012, 18:28
The kid showed aggression from the moment he stood up. it it were me He would have been toast early on when he jabbed his hand at the officers face twice.

Pepper45
10-15-2012, 18:43
That was a horrible article. You can tell the cop was asking him several times, and had a fairly relaxed posture, right up until he pulled away from the female. Then the "make" came out. I'll work with that guy anytime.

rockapede
10-15-2012, 19:05
Don't you guys know it's now ask, ask, ask again, kinda sorta tell, beg, ask, attempt reverse psychology, beg, cajole, appeal to reason, plead, and finally, bleed out as the suspect gets away?

Dragoon44
10-15-2012, 19:26
Don't you guys know it's now ask, ask, ask again, kinda sorta tell, beg, ask, attempt reverse psychology, beg, cajole, appeal to reason, plead, and finally, bleed out as the suspect gets away?

I prefer the "Old school method" Ask, tell, thump.

:supergrin:

x_out86
10-16-2012, 00:05
Hard empty hands on an actively incompliant subject who was under arrest. After the first few blows, I can't really tell what was happening.
I can tell you one thing.... if it took that many punches, he wasnt hitting him hard enough. :)

Ship A'Hoy
10-16-2012, 04:32
Perp made the first stupid move by resisting. Good use of force by the male cop.

txleapd
10-16-2012, 04:39
'A.T.M." was referred to as "D.O.C." at my place.

Direct, Order, Compel. It also commonly inferred by cops that if you failed D.O.C., one would soon be in the custody of D.O.C. [Dep't. Of Corrections].

It seems they don't teach it here any more. There's some 9 step process that includes asking 30 times, begging, and pleading, and then calling someone like me when that doesn't work. Then when I get involved it takes about 7 seconds to get compliance (in most cases), and the inevitable, "You're not as nice as that young officer."

"You're right. I'm not."

gsp174
10-16-2012, 06:09
This was in a Hasidic community. They are a strong voting block. Don't think that if this guy went after a member of the community that they wouldn't swarm him beat him into a pulp and then call the police to clean up.
Things have gotten better in Crown Heights since 1991.

evilwill
10-16-2012, 09:33
I would work with this cop any day. Did anyone else read that the security guard was the one who called and he is the one who posted this. The cop came and did HIS job for him, and now this idiot is the cops biggest critic. As GSP stated the Hasidic community is politically very powerful here, this poor kid better get ready for some highway therapy.

jpa
10-16-2012, 19:37
I'm so glad his female partner was there to grab the guy's arms a couple times, drop her baton, wander aimlessly around the couch while her partner pummels the guy, step on his one leg when their backup arrived and her partner and the first arrived finally got him on the ground and then talked into her radio (assuming she was calling "we" have one in custody.... :upeyes:) while another 12 officers arrived....

Morris
10-16-2012, 20:12
Using force is never pretty, nor neat.