Providing loans to blacks = racist [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Providing loans to blacks = racist

Eurodriver
10-15-2012, 12:21
http://news.yahoo.com/civil-liberties-group-sues-morgan-stanley-over-discrimination-124417365--sector.html

Ironically, *not* providing loans to blacks is also racist. :rofl:

Bren
10-15-2012, 13:18
This seems to follow that democrat theme that minorities are children and must be protected by white liberals at all times:
It said as many as 6,000 black homeowners in the Detroit area may have suffered similar discrimination as a result of being offered loans that many could not afford.
:upeyes:

CitizenOfDreams
10-15-2012, 14:13
It seems that whenever a white man interacts with black people, he loses, no matter what he does. Maybe we should bring segregation back to keep those interactions to a minimum?

qas1178
10-15-2012, 19:44
It seems that you all choose to remain blind and ignorant to the ways of the world. The majority have been discriminat towards the minority. It makes it more the norm than fair as long as it has little effect on most. Stop walking around with your eyes wide shut people.

janice6
10-15-2012, 19:47
Don't buy what you can't afford.

Don't sign what you can't/don't read.

.264 magnum
10-15-2012, 19:51
This seems to follow that democrat theme that minorities are children and must be protected by white liberals at all times:

:upeyes:

No joke about that.

RonS
10-15-2012, 19:53
If you won't loan someone money because of prejudice you're a racist. If you won't loan them money because they probably can't pay it back you aren't. The problem is that lying is so universal in society that we can't tell the difference. So, the government gets involved with one size fits all rules and regulations enforced with religious zeal that make no sense in the real world. Sly racists still don't loan to people they don't like and predatory lending still happens. If there was morality we could have a lot less law and fewer lawyers. People get the society they deserve.

.264 magnum
10-15-2012, 19:54
Not providing mortgage loans to marginally qualified blacks is red-lining while providing mortgage loans to marginally qualified blacks is fraud and predatory lending. Given that the .gov must be intimately involved.

gjk5
10-15-2012, 19:55
Rubbie McCoy, a municipal swimming teacher in Detroit and one of the plaintiffs, said at the news conference that New Century pressured her to take out a loan that is now higher than the value of the home she purchased.

"In the past 12 months I've been under an enormous amount of stress trying to shield the mortgage situation from my children," McCoy said, choking on tears. "I don't quite understand the situation myself."

Good God people suck. I was "duped" into taking out a loan greater than the value of my home, I got the proceeds of said loan, defaulted and now the servicer is stuck with an asset worth less than the loan and I'M THE VICTIM.

The people who invested in those MBS's are the victims.

.264 magnum
10-15-2012, 19:55
If you won't loan someone money because of prejudice you're a racist. If you won't loan them money because they probably can't pay it back you aren't. The problem is that lying is so universal in society that we can't tell the difference. So, the government gets involved with one size fits all rules and regulations enforced with religious zeal that make no sense in the real world. Sly racists still don't loan to people they don't like and predatory lending still happens. If there was morality we could have a lot less law and fewer lawyers. People get the society they deserve.

I agree fully.

.264 magnum
10-15-2012, 19:56
Rubbie McCoy, a municipal swimming teacher in Detroit and one of the plaintiffs, said at the news conference that New Century pressured her to take out a loan that is now higher than the value of the home she purchased.

"In the past 12 months I've been under an enormous amount of stress trying to shield the mortgage situation from my children," McCoy said, choking on tears. "I don't quite understand the situation myself."

Good God people suck. I was "duped" into taking out a loan greater than the value of my home, I got the proceeds of said loan, defaulted and now the servicer is stuck with an asset worth less than the loan and I'M THE VICTIM.

The people who invested in those MBS's are the victims.

We are screwed.

gjk5
10-15-2012, 19:57
We are screwed.

Well and truly.

TK-421
10-15-2012, 20:11
I think white people gets screwed over too much, and people just don't realize it.

"I'm black and proud of it." "Good for you man, glad to hear it."

"I'm mexican and proud of it." "Good for you man, glad to hear it."

"I'm asian and proud of it." "Good for you man, glad to hear it."

"I'm white and proud of it." "What are you, some kind of racist, KKK, nazi mother****er?!"

Black guy punches a mexican. "Well, that sucks."

Mexican punches a white guy. "Well, that sucks."

White guy punches a black guy. "RACIST!!! RACIST!!! It's a hate crime!!!"

samurairabbi
10-15-2012, 20:55
There is a poorly remembered aspect of the now-defunct ACORN organization activity. Roland Arnell's Countrywide Financial operation was a six-figure per year contributor to ACORN. Acorn endorsed Countrywide as being a "new breed of ethical lender". Countrywide trumpeted this endorsement to solicit large numbers of clearly predatory subprime housing loans among Black homeowners. Those owners took a beating as those loans aged.

The irony: those who comprehended what was about to happen were shouted down with claims that such observations were intended to continue discrimination against Blacks by denying equal access to credit.

samurairabbi
10-15-2012, 20:55
double tap

Eurodriver
10-16-2012, 06:44
There is a poorly remembered aspect of the now-defunct ACORN organization activity. Roland Arnell's Countrywide Financial operation was a six-figure per year contributor to ACORN. Acorn endorsed Countrywide as being a "new breed of ethical lender". Countrywide trumpeted this endorsement to solicit large numbers of clearly predatory subprime housing loans among Black homeowners. Those owners took a beating as those loans aged.

The irony: those who comprehended what was about to happen were shouted down with claims that such observations were intended to continue discrimination against Blacks by denying equal access to credit.

I was hoping someone would remember that

http://i50.tinypic.com/3468bvk.jpg

Bren
10-16-2012, 09:51
It seems that you all choose to remain blind and ignorant to the ways of the world. The majority have been discriminat towards the minority. It makes it more the norm than fair as long as it has little effect on most. Stop walking around with your eyes wide shut people.

I can't even make out what you mean by that enough to know which side you are on.

brisk21
10-17-2012, 07:22
It seems everything we do is racist to them. Why some white people still go out of their way to prove they are not racist escapes me. Its pointless. A majority of the black people in America will always hate white people. They pass it on to their kids, and it continues over and over. They are still pissed about slavey. They don't seem to want to face the fact that thousands of white people gave their lives to end slavery though. That puts a little hitch in their ability to justify their racism, hatred, and anger. Not all blacks, but a majority.