Tucson, AZ (10/27 & 10/28) [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Tucson, AZ (10/27 & 10/28)

1RoundEye
10-15-2012, 16:06
PM720 and myself will be staying the Phoenix area, and then heading down to shoot the match on Saturday. There's also a local Gun Show taking place that we figured we check out after the match to see how free the rest of the country really is.

So....who else is going?

PM720
10-15-2012, 17:22
:pepper::broccoli::banana::wavey:

SARDG
10-15-2012, 17:36
PM720 and myself will be staying the Phoenix area, and then heading down to shoot the match on Saturday.

So....who else is going?

:pepper::broccoli::banana::wavey:
Guess I'll miss this one. You two shoot well.

So Scott... you ROing?? Bet you're the only Conyers vet there.

k

BamaTrooper
10-15-2012, 19:41
Well Scott, I see distance isn't an issue :crying:

The Box
10-15-2012, 20:03
I will be going. It will be my first. According to the Glock Report, it is one of the smaller in the country. I think that is surprising, given the culture down here. Maybe everyone here shoots XDs. I am really looking forward to it. I am gonna drag the wife down for support. Maybe I can get her to shoot it next year.

PM720
10-15-2012, 21:44
Not RO'ing this one. Too short on time. Planning to RO both days at Piru though. :cool:

Scott

PM720
10-15-2012, 21:45
Well Scott, I see distance isn't an issue :crying:

After Conyers this is just down the street! :rofl: And compared to mister Dover I'm just a local boy! :wow::supergrin:

Scott

bryandover
10-15-2012, 21:56
If I survie this week at the USPSA LTD Nationals, Sparta/Mobile the day after I get back I will be there.

SARDG
10-15-2012, 23:58
After Conyers this is just down the street! :rofl: And compared to mister Dover I'm just a local boy! :wow::supergrin:

Scott

If I survie this week at the USPSA LTD Nationals, Sparta/Mobile the day after I get back I will be there.
Well Scott, there goes your claim to fame as the only Conyers veteran.

1RoundEye
10-16-2012, 21:19
Not RO'ing this one. Too short on time. Planning to RO Sunday in Piru and Shoot the match and attend the Calguns Tactical Zombie Shoot on Saturday. :cool:

Scott

Fixed that for you! ;)

Pierre!
10-26-2012, 09:00
I'll be there...

It will be nice to ONLY be a participant this time around... :cool:

Been at least 2 years out of competition, so this will be a Most Enjoyable Event for sure!

See ya Out There!

Patrick

PM720
10-26-2012, 09:05
See everyone there! If you see me pulling the little red wagon feel free to say hi! I'm taking my 15 yo grandson to his first match too! :supergrin:

Scott

emtjr928
10-26-2012, 10:04
Scott, Shoot well and be sure to clean those "Magic Glasses" real good.
ps. No bites yet on your backup wagon.:rofl:
Guess you'll have to come back next year.:wavey:

SARDG
10-26-2012, 11:04
Guess you'll have to come back next year. :wavey:
Yeah Scott... you can use my race gun again... it's working fine now... trust me... :whistling:

PM720
10-26-2012, 12:14
Guess you'll have to come back next year.:wavey:

As much fun as I had this year? Yeah, I'm already saving for next year!! :rock:

Scott

PM720
10-26-2012, 12:15
Yeah Scott... you can use my race gun again... it's working fine now... trust me... :whistling:

Yeah, and I will bring PROPER mags next time!! :faint::supergrin:

Scott

SARDG
10-26-2012, 13:16
Yeah, and I will bring PROPER mags next time!! :faint::supergrin:

Scott
That division was doomed from the start.

PM720
10-28-2012, 03:45
Well, my Tucson is in the bag. Shot so so, personal best in Major Sub with a 66.98. It's amazing how much better it works when you knock ALL the plates down!! :embarassed: Shot a couple of 90's in AmCiv and Comp so nothing special there. 110 in HM and 116 in Sub. The best part of the day was getting to introduce my grandson to GSSF. He shot a 187.xx in AmCiv and even had one 7 second plate rack. He shot 4 divisions and really made me proud for his first time out! :supergrin:

Now for the bad, while the RO's were ALL great they didn't seem to be following standard GSSF procedures. Scoresheets were stacked, no trees and the whole process seemed to take forever. We were there for about 6 hours. :frown: I guess it gave us more time to meet some really great people though. The cool part was one of the locals brought out a G18 and let a few people run it a bit. I missed out but 1Roundeye got to run a few rounds through it. :tongueout::supergrin: Anyway, like they say, better than the best day working!! :supergrin:

5toG was the same setup as Conyers and M was the pretty standard far, near, near, far with 3 poppers in a sort of triangle layout. My first experience with a forward falling popper, interesting. I should post up some videos as soon as I can get them uploaded.

Scott

emtjr928
10-28-2012, 07:24
Scott, Congrats on the Major Sub and to your Grandson's first time out. As far as the GSSF procedures, do you happen to know who the GSSF Match Director was? Would have been interesting to know if those things were covered in the RO briefing. Look forward to the videos!

PM720
10-28-2012, 08:13
Scott, Congrats on the Major Sub and to your Grandson's first time out. As far as the GSSF procedures, do you happen to know who the GSSF Match Director was? Would have been interesting to know if those things were covered in the RO briefing. Look forward to the videos!

I'm not sure. The only GSSF official I recognized was Cindy. :dunno:

Scott

SARDG
10-28-2012, 08:23
I'm not sure. The only GSSF official I recognized was Cindy. :dunno:

Scott
I think the only GSSF Rangemaster who wasn't at Conyers when you were there is Scotty Banks, and he's usually on top of stuff. Also --> :dunno:

bryandover
10-28-2012, 19:47
Now for the bad, while the RO's were ALL great they didn't seem to be following standard GSSF procedures. Scoresheets were stacked, no trees and the whole process seemed to take forever. We were there for about 6 hours. :frown:Scott

I don't know what happened on Saturday, but Sunday went really good. There was no trees but everybody was shooting two divisions and backing off and it was flowing well. It took me two hours to shoot all six. Cindy said there was 111 on Saturday and was hoping for 80 plus on Sunday. Tucson has a great staff with good weather so I keep coming back even though I have never shot great scores here. I think coming from the cold (highs in the mid 40's) with little sun it's a shock to my system. :dunno:

1RoundEye
10-28-2012, 20:35
I don't know what happened on Saturday, but Sunday went really good. There was no trees but everybody was shooting two divisions and backing off and it was flowing well. It took me two hours to shoot all six. Cindy said there was 111 on Saturday and was hoping for 80 plus on Sunday. Tucson has a great staff with good weather so I keep coming back even though I have never shot great scores here. I think coming from the cold (highs in the mid 40's) with little sun it's a shock to my system. :dunno:

There were three of us "squading" together, and two of the ranges "M" and the plates at times treat us as one, and would let us each shoot two, and rather than alternate us with each other they would let 3/4 shooters go before wew could shoot two more. On 5 to GLOCK, the only pasters or the longest time were Scott and the ROs. I was at the Armorer for a while, so I had a little bit if an "excuse", but everyone else standing around, not so much.

Regardless, I had a great time, and will be out next year, but I think there is a reason why GLOCK has the whole tree process and that it should be followed.

The Box
10-28-2012, 20:39
I was there on Sunday and as a first timer who obsessed over the squadding rules for months, they definitely were not quite going by the book...but I don't think it was necessary. There was never more than 3-4 shooters (usually less) in line at each stage so it was more like "show up and get in line to shoot". My grand plan of shooting 2 divisions in their entirety and then starting over and shooting 2 more was definitely slower than it should have been because, even though I was at the top of the list, I had to go to the end of the line. Again, it was really no big deal...but if it was more crowded, I might have been irritated.

Overall, I had an awesome time and all of the RO's lived up to their reputation as being tremendously nice and helpful. I found out that I am pretty good at the plates (I had 2 or 3 below 5 seconds which I think is not bad since I have never shot at a plate before) and I have a terrible problem of going too fast on the other two stages. How do you teach yourself to slow down?

I definitely see at least 4 matches in my future next year:).

BTW, when does the 2013 calendar come out?

emtjr928
10-28-2012, 21:00
My grand plan of shooting 2 divisions in their entirety and then starting over and shooting 2 more was definitely slower than it should have been because, even though I was at the top of the list, I had to go to the end of the line. Again, it was really no big deal...but if it was more crowded, I might have been irritated.

If proper GSSF squadding rules were followed, once you got to the firing line, you should have shot two entries, then the next shooter in line should have shot up to two entries, then you should have returned to the line to shoot your remaining two entries. The system works pretty well when followed.:winkie:

Glad you are looking forward to 2013.:wavey:

SARDG
10-28-2012, 21:03
....BTW, when does the 2013 calendar come out?
Well, everything is moved up 3 months this year, so The Glock Report should go out in December I think - but the match schedule likely posted sooner online (November sometime). That's my story, and it basically says nothing, does it?

PM720
10-29-2012, 22:40
OK, here are a few videos of my Grandson-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWShCSjE-3s&list=PLtgwQJyN-kUjxLutq8oKCDdA3v66NoKFU&index=23&feature=plpp_video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LDsLmKKtrk&list=PLtgwQJyN-kUjxLutq8oKCDdA3v66NoKFU&index=10&feature=plpp_video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhaP9VmKChM&list=PLtgwQJyN-kUjxLutq8oKCDdA3v66NoKFU&index=15&feature=plpp_video

Here is me with my perfect MajSub plate rack. First time for this! :wow::supergrin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXSqyYAxf1E&list=PLtgwQJyN-kUjxLutq8oKCDdA3v66NoKFU&index=2&feature=plpp_video

And the whole match if you are really bored! :supergrin:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLtgwQJyN-kUjxLutq8oKCDdA3v66NoKFU&feature=view_all (http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLtgwQJyN-kUjxLutq8oKCDdA3v66NoKFU&feature=view_all)

emtjr928
10-30-2012, 10:47
Thanks,,, but not that bored yet today! Lol

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)