Another medical oops. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Another medical oops.

Detectorist
10-16-2012, 03:13
http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2012/10/15/lawsuit-doctors-intentionally-concealed-decapitation-of-baby-during-delivery/

Amazing

Paul53
10-16-2012, 13:43
Hope the docs lose license to practice! :wow:

At 28 weeks gestation survival would be iffy, even without the the horrible medical care given. This is just an observation, not trying to justify in any way outright murder of an infant.

I wish the couple well. Death of a child often leads to a divorce.

Steel Head
10-16-2012, 15:59
:faint:

nursetim
10-16-2012, 16:14
:sadangel::alex::alex::wow:

TK-421
10-16-2012, 16:21
Wow, that's just a horrible thing for the parents to have to go through.

Mrs. VR
10-16-2012, 16:23
I saw this the other day, and I so want to believe that there is something missing from this story, and things didn't really happen that way :(

Calico Jack
10-16-2012, 16:35
What the ****? How is that even possible? It takes a lot to make me sick but reading that article... just wow.

Sent from my iPhone 6

DARKSHADOW
10-16-2012, 19:22
What the ****? How is that even possible? It takes a lot to make me sick but reading that article... just wow.

Sent from my iPhone 6

+1

I honestly don't know what to say. :shocked:

If I was the father of the child, I would do whatever it took to make that so called DR. pay, legal or not. Thats just sick, and I would go absolutely nuts, and I mean full tilt off the rocker bat poop crazy. :steamed:

itisbruno
10-16-2012, 19:39
:faint:

Breadman03
10-16-2012, 21:23
+1

I honestly don't know what to say. :shocked:

If I was the father of the child, I would do whatever it took to make that so called DR. pay, legal or not. Thats just sick, and I would go absolutely nuts, and I mean full tilt off the rocker bat poop crazy. :steamed:

Put me in that category also.

podwich
10-16-2012, 22:34
Something doesn't make sense with that story. It's incredibly sad that child died, but something seriously is odd about that story.

jame
10-16-2012, 22:44
That, folks, is flat out murder, plain and simple.

Take all of his money, take all of his stuff, and send him directly to jail.

TK-421
10-16-2012, 22:45
That, folks, is flat out murder, plain and simple.

Take all of his money, take all of his stuff, and send him directly to jail.

http://www.toy-tma.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/Do-Not-Pass-Go.jpg

gwalchmai
10-17-2012, 05:57
Wow, even I wouldn't armchair QB the doc based on the sketchy account provided. IIRC, isn't the doc's first responsibility to the mother? Sad as it sounds, if the baby is stuck in the birth canal something has to be done. Irregardless, we don't have enough info to be sending anybody to jail at this point.

eracer
10-17-2012, 05:59
That has to be the most twisted Onion story ever. I mean, it has to be...

Right?

SC Tiger
10-17-2012, 06:32
Something doesn't make sense with that story. It's incredibly sad that child died, but something seriously is odd about that story.

In the comments to the story it says that the doctor specialized in high-risk pregnancies. That said,

HOW THE #### DO YOU ACCIDENTLY DECAPITATE A CHILD?????

I'm wondering if "decapitate" means what we normally think it mean in this case.

In the interest of not getting put on some sort of watch list I will refrain from stating what I would do to that doctor if that were my kid.

I just saw something else that makes me want to be sick - that child had the same first name as my little boy.

eruby
10-17-2012, 06:49
I don't understand why they refused to do a C-section.

Horrible story.

Hailstorm
10-17-2012, 08:52
I'm sorry. I can't imagine a father watching the child be born and then see the Doctor rip the babies head off. I wouldn't be able to control myself. The next head to hit the floor would have been the Doctors.

Texas357
10-17-2012, 16:26
Having read lawsuit descriptions of events (as understood and exaggerated by plaintiffs) vs actual events, I suspect the story is Somewhat different than the version presented here.

There is such a thing as "internal decapitation" i.e. skull separated from spinal cord without flesh damage, that seems much more likely to occur during high-risk delivery.

This description reads like some emotional, semiliterate and angry people who misunderstood the big words on a medical report and described events in the worst possible light to lay blame on the doctor.

I seriously doubt their narrative is anywhere near an accurate summary of events. The poor journalism is all too common these days.

Bren
10-17-2012, 16:39
That is from a complaint. A complaint is not only just one side, but it is just what clients told their lawyer about one side. It is very rare to see a complaint, even in a meritorious case, that turns out to be entirely true.

RenoF250
10-17-2012, 16:59
At 28 weeks gestation survival would be iffy, even without the the horrible medical care given.

Says who? Many survive after only 6 months.

Not sure how you pull the head off, the doctor used quite a bit of force to get my son out. I asked my Aunt who is a Gynecologist about it and she said when she was in med school the doctor told her to "put your foot on the table and PULL!"

There has to be something missing from this story.

ray9898
10-17-2012, 17:04
Just because a lawsuit claims something does not mean it is even remotely true.

Woofie
10-17-2012, 17:06
I saw this the other day, and I so want to believe that there is something missing from this story, and things didn't really happen that way :(

I didn't read this specific article, but I read about it a few days ago. As written, I don't see how the situation could have occurred.

podwich
10-17-2012, 17:58
Says who? Many survive after only 6 months.

Not sure how you pull the head off, the doctor used quite a bit of force to get my son out. I asked my Aunt who is a Gynecologist about it and she said when she was in med school the doctor told her to "put your foot on the table and PULL!"

Premie and ultra-premie have much lower survival rates. That said, this story doesn't make sense.

As for pulling on the head firmly...no. Unless, of course, one likes brachial plexus injuries and the like.

glockdoc21
10-17-2012, 19:04
I suspect either

1. the baby was really stillborn...I've seen them decapitated at birth

2. the baby was really stuck, the doc couldn't get the baby out and broke it's neck (orthopedic decapitation)

3. the doctor couldn't get the baby out, pushed it's head back into the birth canal, rushed for a stat section and there was damage to the head from being in/out of the birth canal and then c-section...I think this is most likely, and the survival rate from these (even w/ term babies) is almost 0. It's a salvage operation to keep the mother from dying. Throw in a 28 week fetus and it's doubly bad.

...the story as it reads is ridiculous....the head is ALWAYS the biggest part, unless there are some kind of radical birth defects (small head because of no brain, massive abdominal wall defects, ets).

CanMan
10-17-2012, 19:18
OMG! Pics or it didn't happen. :faint:

janice6
10-17-2012, 19:27
Without real details, that still is a horror story of first magnitude.

sappy13
10-17-2012, 19:44
thats just awesome. like others have said, i really hope there is more to the story than is being told in this article.

podwich
10-17-2012, 19:49
I suspect either

1. the baby was really stillborn...I've seen them decapitated at birth

2. the baby was really stuck, the doc couldn't get the baby out and broke it's neck (orthopedic decapitation)

3. the doctor couldn't get the baby out, pushed it's head back into the birth canal, rushed for a stat section and there was damage to the head from being in/out of the birth canal and then c-section...I think this is most likely, and the survival rate from these (even w/ term babies) is almost 0. It's a salvage operation to keep the mother from dying. Throw in a 28 week fetus and it's doubly bad.

...the story as it reads is ridiculous....the head is ALWAYS the biggest part, unless there are some kind of radical birth defects (small head because of no brain, massive abdominal wall defects, ets).

Agree.