Hillary takes one for the "team". [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Hillary takes one for the "team".

Mr981
10-16-2012, 06:05
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/10/15/clinton-takes-responsibility-for-consulate-security-blames-confusion-on-fog-war/

I'm responsible, fog of war, blahblahblah....

Can't help but wonder what they gave her to go under the bus;
Biden will step down during the second term (if elected) --for mental health reasons --for her to become VP?

Reissman
10-16-2012, 06:06
SHe's got more balls than anyone else in Washington.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

badge315
10-16-2012, 06:32
Wow, how magnanimous of her. So what consequences are attached to her taking responsibility for such a monumental ****-up? Is she going to resign from office?

Accepting responsibility without facing any consequences is completely meaningless. :upeyes:

Mr981
10-16-2012, 06:37
The timing on this was impeccable; after dodging any responsibility for this event for a month, she decides to "fess up" the day before the presidential debate.

These people are just amazing.....amazingly bad

jeager
10-16-2012, 06:39
"takes responibility" for somethng that is not hers,
to distance herself from the fallout of misinformation since.

Truly, the Worlds' Smartest Woman.

heliguy
10-16-2012, 07:04
Fox: " Hillary sees underside of Obama bus!"

Bilbo Bagins
10-16-2012, 07:10

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

They say if it wasn't for her Obama would have had Osama Bin Laden "Arrested" and probably would have not given the OK for the raid in the first place. Obama has brass ones for taking any credit for killing Bin Laden.

She may be a bytch, but she was the right bytch, in the right place at the right time for that.

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2012-08-20/news/33290662_1_abbottabad-compound-osama-bin

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/international/hill_swayed_to_kill_osama_MJc7OcNyqxkZL5z7WmHoDK

F14Scott
10-16-2012, 08:49
Wow, how magnanimous of her. So what consequences are attached to her taking responsibility for such a monumental ****-up? Is she going to resign from office?

Accepting responsibility without facing any consequences is completely meaningless. :upeyes:

Agree completely. If the words "I take responsibility" are not followed by "therefore, I resign, effective immediately," then the acceptance of responsibility is just a bunch of hollow words.

And, try to bring that issue up in the future. You'll be met with, "She already accepted responsibility. Why do you keep bringing it up?" It's their way of closing the case: Criminal, crime, confession, zero punishment.

P99er
10-16-2012, 08:54
I disagree. The Klintons are the most self serving people in the world. There is more to this.

Perhaps Obama promised her something if she would take the heat until after the election. Then he can step up, and admit his own fault, and Hillary will come out looking good.

Dennis in MA
10-16-2012, 08:55
Agree completely. If the words "I take responsibility" are not followed by "therefore, I resign, effective immediately," then the acceptance of responsibility is just a bunch of hollow words.

And, try to bring that issue up in the future. You'll be met with, "She already accepted responsibility. Why do you keep bringing it up?" It's their way of closing the case: Criminal, crime, confession, zero punishment.

:rofl::rofl:

You go to my church, don't you? LOL

capnjim01
10-16-2012, 09:14
The Clintons are so well loved by the left that they will basically forgive her for anything she does and Obama knows this so they all get a pass.

It's like "yeah I did It so?"

Bren
10-16-2012, 09:20

Just what I was thinking. It's a sad day when Hillary Clinton shows more leaderhsip ability and character than anybody else at the top of the executive branch.

Dr. Leaky
10-16-2012, 09:49

This. The political danger here is in the coverup. Obama is the one invested in killing off terrorism and he and his stepped in it big time. Hillary just sidelined herself from the main event.

P99er
10-16-2012, 10:40

Maybe the lawyers and advisers told her mistakes are easily forgiven, but coverups can kill a political career.

Wasn't the coverup of Watergate worse than the actual break in?

Ian Moone
10-16-2012, 10:46
I suspect that while she is busy crawling out from under the bus, Bill has already hit the street trying to broker her "tell-all" book and movie deals.

She sees the writing on the wall and 2016 is slipping away. So ...it's time for the Clintons to cash in ...again.

mgs
10-16-2012, 11:11
Stupid ****!

stevelyn
10-16-2012, 11:16
Well, it is her department and she should have stepped up long ago rather than do so after the cover up failed, but its still a meaningless gesture since nothing will become of it. The only way it'll be resolved is to boot all of them out on their arse next month.

Little Joe
10-16-2012, 11:18
This looks like politics as usual from the president who ran against politics as usual.

tsmo1066
10-16-2012, 11:31
Smart move on Hillary's part. She obviously learned a lesson from "Monica-Gate" and knows that when the evidence is overwhelming that you dropped the ball, it isn't wise to keep wagging your finger at America and insisting that you didn't do anything wrong.

This may also play well into Romney's hands tonight at the debate.

"Mr. President, your own Secretary of State has finally acknowledged her failures in the events leading up to the first successful assassination of a sitting American Ambassador in over 36 years. Why can't you accept responsibility for insisting for weeks after the fact that this was all due to a home-made video, rather than the result of a pre-planned, coordinated Al Queda attack"?

Sharkey
10-16-2012, 12:28
So wait, the movie had nothing to do with the embassy bombings? Well, I'll be........

I guess the 1 billion to the brotherhood was not such a great idea? That is on O and not her.

You knew this was coming. No surprise she takes the fall and there are a lot of reasons for her to do it. The State Dept. did not operate in a vacuum though and O and his admin. were well aware of what happened and the spin (lies) they put out.

It is hard to concern yourself with a terrorist act on US soil on 9/11 no less when you have a campaign fundraiser to attend in CO and an election to try to win.

I'm sure we will have a congressional investigation AFTER the election.

P99er
10-16-2012, 13:20
"Mr. President, your own Secretary of State has finally acknowledged her failures in the events leading up to the first successful assassination of a sitting American Ambassador in over 36 years. Why can't you accept responsibility for insisting for weeks after the fact that this was all due to a home-made video, rather than the result of a pre-planned, coordinated Al Queda attack"?

It's Obama's war on women.

Peace Warrior
10-16-2012, 13:22
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/10/15/clinton-takes-responsibility-for-consulate-security-blames-confusion-on-fog-war/

I'm responsible, fog of war, blahblahblah....

Can't help but wonder what they gave her to go under the bus;
Biden will step down during the second term (if elected) --for mental health reasons --for her to become VP?
It's her responsibility now. They are promising hitlary the 2016 democratic nomination. She'll do as she's told.

fx77
10-16-2012, 13:29
She did it for party backing for her next run
she is untouchable by the media..she can do no wrong...

countrygun
10-16-2012, 13:35
It's her responsibility now. They are promising hitlary the 2016 democratic nomination. She'll do as she's told.

There are two problems with this.

If Obama should win it is a good bet his next four will be as unspectacular as his first. the Country will be in no mood to elect another Democrat to fix it. History shows, unless Obama pulls a miracle rabbit out of his hat 2016 will belong to the Republicans.

OTOH, If Romney wins and manages to make any noticable improvements in the condition of the Country voters are not going to throw him out for a Democrat.

Hillary '16 depends on either Obama actually doing something, or Romney not doing something. Neither very likely.

Bilbo Bagins
10-16-2012, 14:24
Its the State Department's Role is to provide "protection" for its ambassadors and embassies. However there is a reason why the position is called "Secretary" of State. There was a war in Libya and fledgling new democratic government. I'm suprised the White house was not advised of possible threats against the Ambassador in Libya or to the security detail. The Security detail could be Hillary's fault but the terrorist threats against the Ambassador would have came up a few times in the President's Daily Brief from the CIA. Something tells me that Obama is usually a little busy to go to his daily briefs. Maybe its all that prepping for his appearence on "The View"

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/marc-thiessen-obama-alone-this-president-does-not-need-intel-briefers/2012/09/13/c11e1a52-fda5-11e1-b153-218509a954e1_story.html

http://www.state.gov/secretary/115194.htm

Peace Warrior
10-16-2012, 21:39
There are two problems with this.

If Obama should win it is a good bet his next four will be as unspectacular as his first. the Country will be in no mood to elect another Democrat to fix it. History shows, unless Obama pulls a miracle rabbit out of his hat 2016 will belong to the Republicans.

OTOH, If Romney wins and manages to make any noticable improvements in the condition of the Country voters are not going to throw him out for a Democrat.

Hillary '16 depends on either Obama actually doing something, or Romney not doing something. Neither very likely.
We, as in America as we know it now, will probably not be here in 2016. promises made and promises kept (or having to keep them) are two different things.

I see a financial meltdown in less than two years regardless of who is in the white house. Understanding the geopolitics for what they are right now, and then surmising a fiscal blowout in the united States, can you imagine how unimportant glittering generalities become when we are paying $10 a gallon at the pump and $5 for a loaf of bread at the store? Not to mention the banks or other countries calling in their loans. barry who? romney who?

sheeple will do as their told by then.