Cold/Hot natured. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Cold/Hot natured.

okie
10-16-2012, 06:56
I am very warm natured and I have been to peoples homes who are very cold natured, and in the winter I can't stand to be in their homes because it's so hot. Do any of you GT'rs have a spouse that's the opposite of you, if so how do you deal with it? There is no way in hell I could live with a cold natured woman:alex:

Steve0853
10-16-2012, 08:12
Good Luck finding a hot natured woman, Okie. About 99% of them are "freezing" all the time.

I'm a warm natured guy (hot all the time except January and February) and my wife of 36 years was a cold natured woman when we got married. Lots of themostat battles in the early years, but after about age 50, she started warming up a little. Thank you Mother Nature!!

We still don't match up perfectly, but at least nowadays she don't have to have blankets on the bed in JULY.

okie
10-16-2012, 08:20
We still don't match up perfectly, but at least nowadays she don't have to have blankets on the bed in JULY.
Blankets on the bed in July, Holy Crow it's worse than I imagined:alex::faint:

Altaris
10-16-2012, 08:37
I'll take a 100 degree day over a 40 degree day every time. I hate cold weather.

RenoF250
10-16-2012, 08:44
Mine is all over the map so I set it low and then she can handle her own temp with sweat pants etc.

stevelyn
10-16-2012, 11:39
I can't stand having the house above 65* F and generally keep it lower.

GWSHARK
10-16-2012, 12:40
Okie if yall are opposites its a good excuse for you to sleep in your birthday suit. :wow::wow::wow:

Breadman03
10-16-2012, 12:43
I bring a jacket in the car, so I can give it to my wife to tuck in her legs.

She has a little electric blanket so she can stay warm on the couch.

I toss on a pair of socks in the winter around the house and wear a hat outside.

My body temp is usually around 97.3, hers is about 98.9. I have always wondered if body temp correlates with what ambient temperature a person feels comfortable at.

captainstormy
10-16-2012, 13:11
Anything below 75 is cold to my other half. I'm pretty easy going either way. i'm fairly happy anywhere between 40 & 80.

smokin762
10-16-2012, 13:43
Since I have lost 55lbs. I am not hot all the time. I feel a little more comfortable.

MadMonkey
10-16-2012, 13:46
I'm not married.

I'm one of those guys who gets into a hotel room and immediately drops the thermostat to 64 degrees. I can't stand people who run heaters before there's ice on the puddles...

Glock&KimberLady
10-16-2012, 13:52
I'm freezing all the time...but apparently I throw off a ton of heat. Bad for Mr. GKL when I want to snuggle because I'm cold and he's like GOD YOU ARE LIKE A SPACE HEATER...

Creatism
10-16-2012, 13:54
Oh my, my wife and I are POLAR opposites on the temp scale. I don't wear long pants, Or actual shoes till its below 40 outside (which in Texas amounts to maybe 2 weeks a yr). Her on the other hand has been known to wear a hoodie when it 100 freaking degrees outside. We just agree to disagree, I set the thermostat at the high end of my acceptable range and she can adjust further with clothing.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

RonS
10-16-2012, 15:52
Find someone with high blood pressure, everyone I know with hypertension likes it cold.

Glock&KimberLady
10-16-2012, 19:30
Find someone with high blood pressure, everyone I know with hypertension likes it cold.

Heh...mine is 80/50 on a good day, Mr. GKL's is around 130/110...Imma lizard...:freak:

Snaps
10-16-2012, 19:45
girl needs the heat turned up, i can't stand it. She'll be curled up under blankets with the heat on and I'll be ontop of the covers sweating.

skinny99
10-16-2012, 20:21
I found a woman that likes it cool. We set our thermostat at 72* during the summer and only turn our heat on a couple times a year. If she is a little cold she will snuggle up to me. I am a space heater!

Hines57
10-16-2012, 20:32
Had a girlfriend that never turned on the a/c. In Houston. During the summer. 104* and she wouldn't even open a window.

Apparently I am a radiator get cold toes pressed on me all the time.

Annhl8rX
10-17-2012, 02:26
We're not complete opposites, but I'm more extreme than she is. I'd be perfectly happy with an indoor temperature of 60 degrees year round; I just can't afford that in the summer. I make up for it in the winter, though. We work opposite hours, so I turn the heat down to 55 while I'm sleeping.

frizz
10-17-2012, 03:23
I'm hot & she's cold. If I read in bed for 30 minutes or so, I can leave a toasty spot for her.

The worst thing about my body temp is the hot flashes. They are exactly like what females describe, and I have had them since my early 20s. I'm in my mid 40s.

*ASH*
10-17-2012, 03:33
i hate extreme hot , and here in nc the summers are brutal , this past summer we had 2 weeks of 95 or higher and set state records . my wife is from PA so she hates cold , but loves our heat,

house in summer is set to 72 and in winter 73 .we got heating blanket on bed and our dogs have one of their own as well .

last 10 years we have very mild winter, some snow not much , when i was a kid we would get 2 feet or more and stay below freezing for a week, now it snows one day and the next day 80 , global warming lol i reckon

okie
10-17-2012, 06:47
If and when I do get married I guess I better work nights and her days:rofl::rofl:

blacksheep40
10-17-2012, 07:10
I'm like a space heater. I have a winter jacket I have only worn once, I use a old beat up hoodie I wore in hs when I need something warm.my wife on the other hand has had the heater on for a while now...

Old School
10-17-2012, 09:14
I hate the hot, but can't convince a HVAC contractor to sell me a unit that will cool the house to my standards. So I live with 75 in the summer and 68 in the winter.

mike from st pe
10-17-2012, 13:52
There is nothing I find more uncomfortable than to be cold.
That is another of the many reasons I moved OUT of New Jersey and south to Florida.

Buki192327
10-17-2012, 14:12
I'll take a 100 degree day over a 40 degree day every time. I hate cold weather.

Give me 40 degrees over anything above 75 degrees any time. I hate hot weather.

I can dress for the cold weather. When it is hot, I can't take enough off to keep cool. :shocked:

Texas357
10-17-2012, 15:38
The thermostat should always be set for the warmest person. If people are cold, they can always put on more clothes. When it is hot, there are practical and legal limits how much you can take off.

jtmac
10-17-2012, 17:44
Fully clothed in office wear with shoes on, 72 degrees Fahrenheit is the lowest I can go without feeling so cold that my feet are numb and my productivity drops.

I like to wear shorts and a t-shirt around the house, and 75 to 80 is usually about right.

The thermostat should always be set for the warmest person. If people are cold, they can always put on more clothes. When it is hot, there are practical and legal limits how much you can take off.

People keep saying this, but my face/hands/feet still feel like ice picks are being jabbed into them when I'm wearing enough layers that my core is sweltering. Not to mention the inherent discomfort of dressing that way. There has to be another way.

Mrs.Cicero
10-17-2012, 18:16
I set the thermostat to 55F in the fall/winter, and we don't have air conditioning, so the house got over 90F this past summer. Mostly I don't care. The 90 was a little hot for cooking in the kitchen. I do admit my feet are like ice in the winter and I warm them up on Mr.C in bed. He hates that.

jtull7
10-17-2012, 20:24
In the winter we set our thermostat at 64 degrees and never change it. This is in Santa Fe, at 7,000 foot elevation and average snow of 40 inches. Neither my wife nor I can stand a hot house. We do have passive solar which works great and two kiva fireplaces. If we get chilly, we put on a sweater.

Altaris
10-17-2012, 20:32
Fully clothed in office wear with shoes on, 72 degrees Fahrenheit is the lowest I can go without feeling so cold that my feet are numb and my productivity drops.

I like to wear shorts and a t-shirt around the house, and 75 to 80 is usually about right.

That pretty much describes how I keep it as well.

When I sleep I like to cover up so I drop it to really cold, which is 72 for me. During the day I get annoyed if I have to put on more than boxers and a tank top, so it is usually at 75-78.

In the winter time I will just keep it at 71 all the time, then wear my flannel pants and hoodie sweatshirt while in the house. It does bug me that I have to put all of that on just to sit in my own home, but no need to spend the extra money on heat if I don't have to.

blacksheep40
10-17-2012, 22:30
i get annoyed when people i work with crank the heat in the winter... i work in a hangar and am constantly going in and out. i wear light jackets when i need but when you go outside for a couple hours to inspect aircraft maintenance and come back in to the office and the guy who never leaves has it set to 72 its like walking into a blast furnace. meanwhile he is wearing thermals and a jacket saying he is cold...

Texas357
10-17-2012, 23:33
Anything even a degree over 72 indoors and I'll burn up. When I was single I had some $8.00 electric bills in the winter because I literally didn't bother to turn on a heater. When it got below 40 was when I finall closed the last window all the way. 65? All windows stay open.

HarleyGuy
10-18-2012, 00:51
I thought we'd finally compromised on thermostat settings at 72 degrees in the summer and winter. However, I came home one day last year when the outside temperature was 85 degress and the wife was in the basement with the cats, the geo-therma doing it's thing cooling and she's got the fireplace going full blast!!!:wow: