Barnes Precision BCG's? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Barnes Precision BCG's?

bigmoney890
10-16-2012, 13:44
Anyone heard of them? Are they gtg? Local gun store has about 10 or so of them for $150.00 ea. and I figure since bcg's are hard to find, if Barnes is gtg, i'm gonna jump on it.

michael_b
10-16-2012, 16:00
I have no idea but you can get a BCM Full Auto BCG for $160 and it is VERY nice- and a known commodity. I would go with that if you don't get good feedback about this one.

My rifle functions perfectly, ejection is fantastic. Just a really well built bolt.

How close are you to finishing yours?

-On mobile

bigmoney890
10-16-2012, 17:33
Bolt and barrel is all that is left, still. Tuition is a *****!

michael_b
10-16-2012, 18:30
Bolt and barrel is all that is left, still. Tuition is a *****!

Lol oh I've been there lol. I know all too well lol.

I only have 150 rounds through mine so far. Mortgage, etc. are a ***** lol

-On mobile

WoodenPlank
10-16-2012, 18:40
Order a BCM for $160 and be done with it.

bigmoney890
10-16-2012, 20:00
Order a BCM for $160 and be done with it.

I was just trying to look around. And btw plank, it was Shooters Supply. I talked to them about putting my lo-pro gas block on and checking everything out to make sure I was gtg. I was very impressed with their selection of AR parts and their willingness to help.

Although I didnt like how the lady wouldnt let me talk to john, but he looked busy I guess. But i'll definitely be back for their help when I get my barrel and gas system!

bigmoney890
10-16-2012, 20:01
Lol oh I've been there lol. I know all too well lol.

I only have 150 rounds through mine so far. Mortgage, etc. are a ***** lol

-On mobile

Oh yes it is!

WoodenPlank
10-17-2012, 11:29
I was just trying to look around. And btw plank, it was Shooters Supply. I talked to them about putting my lo-pro gas block on and checking everything out to make sure I was gtg. I was very impressed with their selection of AR parts and their willingness to help.

Although I didnt like how the lady wouldnt let me talk to john, but he looked busy I guess. But i'll definitely be back for their help when I get my barrel and gas system!

Yeah, John stays busy. The best day to go in and get a chance to talk to him is on a Saturday. He is definitely The Man in that area for AR work. I'm assuming you got a set-screw type of block. If so, John will dimple the barrel if you request it, and make sure that block isn't coming off unless you want it off.

Interesting that Shooters is carrying a new brand of BCG I have never heard of...

bigmoney890
10-17-2012, 12:13
Yeah, John stays busy. The best day to go in and get a chance to talk to him is on a Saturday. He is definitely The Man in that area for AR work. I'm assuming you got a set-screw type of block. If so, John will dimple the barrel if you request it, and make sure that block isn't coming off unless you want it off.

Interesting that Shooters is carrying a new brand of BCG I have never heard of...

I didn't end up buying their lo-pro gas block, but i'm going to get a set-screw type. I don't trust myself enough to do the gas system, so he will definitely be the guy I go see. The label on the BCG's read "BPM BCG." I thought it was Bravo company at first glance, but noticed the P in the initial and the lady told me it was Barnes precision machine.

But their selection of AR parts was very impressive considering that no other place in the area had BCG's, barrels, lowers, or stripped uppers. Guns plus has RRA stripped carriers and 1 stripped Spikes lower for $160. Shooter's seem to have good prices on thier AR parts, but their actual firearm prices seem to be a little high. But they shall be my go to guys for parts for sure

WoodenPlank
10-17-2012, 20:55
I didn't end up buying their lo-pro gas block, but i'm going to get a set-screw type. I don't trust myself enough to do the gas system, so he will definitely be the guy I go see. The label on the BCG's read "BPM BCG." I thought it was Bravo company at first glance, but noticed the P in the initial and the lady told me it was Barnes precision machine.

But their selection of AR parts was very impressive considering that no other place in the area had BCG's, barrels, lowers, or stripped uppers. Guns plus has RRA stripped carriers and 1 stripped Spikes lower for $160. Shooter's seem to have good prices on thier AR parts, but their actual firearm prices seem to be a little high. But they shall be my go to guys for parts for sure

Their prices on most firearms reflect a built-in idiot tax. Show up with cash in hand and do a little haggling, and that price can drop considerably. That's true of most gun shops, though.

I know for a while there, John was having a hard time getting parts at all, and they were running low on stock. Glad to hear they finally got parts back in.

Edit: Just googled Barnes Precision Machine.... I get the feeling I know one of the owners, actually. Interesting that they are offering BCGs now.

bigmoney890
10-17-2012, 21:01
Their prices on most firearms reflect a built-in idiot tax. Show up with cash in hand and do a little haggling, and that price can drop considerably. That's true of most gun shops, though.

I know for a while there, John was having a hard time getting parts at all, and they were running low on stock. Glad to hear they finally got parts back in.

Edit: Just googled Barnes Precision Machine.... I get the feeling I know one of the owners, actually. Interesting that they are offering BCGs now.

Well it's hard to compete with online sales of firearms for most LGS. But they had 6 or so lowers, probably a dozen BCG's, 3 complete uppers, couple of stripped uppers, only had 2 barrels (in 223 wylde), numerous different LPK's, and a metric **** ton of magpul, troy, Vltor accessories. VERY pleased with their selection!

WoodenPlank
10-17-2012, 21:15
Well it's hard to compete with online sales of firearms for most LGS. But they had 6 or so lowers, probably a dozen BCG's, 3 complete uppers, couple of stripped uppers, only had 2 barrels (in 223 wylde), numerous different LPK's, and a metric **** ton of magpul, troy, Vltor accessories. VERY pleased with their selection!

Sounds about typical.

Side note: Nothing wrong with a .223 Wylde chamber for most uses. It was designed to handle 5.56 pressures while still giving excellent accuracy with match ammo in .223 or 5.56.

JimBianchi
10-17-2012, 21:20
I ordered one yesterday.

Thx for the heads-up Michael.

(I've been playing phone tag with a local guy trying to buy a Colt BCG, but he is a flake and I need a good one at that price, and Brave Company is excellent)

I have no idea but you can get a BCM Full Auto BCG for $160 and it is VERY nice- and a known commodity. I would go with that if you don't get good feedback about this one.

My rifle functions perfectly, ejection is fantastic. Just a really well built bolt.

How close are you to finishing yours?

-On mobile

bigmoney890
10-17-2012, 21:59
Sounds about typical.

Side note: Nothing wrong with a .223 Wylde chamber for most uses. It was designed to handle 5.56 pressures while still giving excellent accuracy with match ammo in .223 or 5.56.

I'm just not a fan of stainless steel for a 'black rifle' :rofl:

WoodenPlank
10-17-2012, 22:40
I'm just not a fan of stainless steel for a 'black rifle' :rofl:

There are ways to fix that.... :whistling:

bigmoney890
10-17-2012, 22:52
True, but that'd be paying extra money for something I didn't want, then spending more some money to fix what I paid extra for and didn't want.

WoodenPlank
10-17-2012, 23:07
True, but that'd be paying extra money for something I didn't want, then spending more some money to fix what I paid extra for and didn't want.

Fair point.