88 Green Dogs for the US Embassy in Mexico [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : 88 Green Dogs for the US Embassy in Mexico

vafish
10-16-2012, 14:51
https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportunity&mode=form&id=c36a49259d170a24ce2baacdab201ab0&tab=core&_cview=1

I'm going to submit a bid, I can get dogs from the pound for $20 ea, few cans of paint and I'm set.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

countrygun
10-16-2012, 15:02
https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportunity&mode=form&id=c36a49259d170a24ce2baacdab201ab0&tab=core&_cview=1

I'm going to submit a bid, I can get dogs from the pound for $20 ea, few cans of paint and I'm set.

Sorry, read the contract specs

"New equipment ONLY, NO grey market or refurbished products. Items must be in original packaging, never used, and not altered in any way. Components of the requested equipment, to include memory, must be manufacturer-approved and may not be compatible, remanufactured, or refurbished equipment. All items must be covered by manufacturer?s warranty and procured through a manufacturer approved distribution channel. Sellers must be able to document their ability to provide items through manufacturer approved distribution channels upon request."

vafish
10-16-2012, 15:04
Sorry, read the contract specs

"New equipment ONLY, NO grey market or refurbished products. Items must be in original packaging, never used, and not altered in any way. Components of the requested equipment, to include memory, must be manufacturer-approved and may not be compatible, remanufactured, or refurbished equipment. All items must be covered by manufacturer?s warranty and procured through a manufacturer approved distribution channel. Sellers must be able to document their ability to provide items through manufacturer approved distribution channels upon request."

Original packaging for a dog??

So it still has to be in the placenta?

RonS
10-16-2012, 15:50
Only the government could post a solicitation that takes fifteen minutes to scroll through and not manage to describe WTF they want to buy. Live animals, not raised for food and green dogs? I still have no idea what they want.
Worse than reading the coded notes on a RFQ for industrial equipment for the Seawolf.

Joe Kidd
10-16-2012, 15:59
Using the term "green dog" usually refers to little or no training. I assume they will be detection or dual-purpose K-9's. The government usually has a set training method that they employ for dogs.

Also once a certain method of detection type training is put on a dog sometimes it can be hard to re-train for your specified criteria. Hence why they would want green dogs.

WFBont7
10-16-2012, 16:07
"Green" dogs. A dog that has no prior training and will be trained for a specific task. Narcotic detection, explosive detection, etc. Wish I had 88 dogs to sell.

RonS
10-16-2012, 16:08
Makes sense when explained. I was trying to figure out what they were going to do with 88 dyed poodles.

Haldor
10-16-2012, 17:36

Need to read the bid spec.

New equipment ONLY, NO grey market or refurbished products. Items must be in original packaging, never used, and not altered in any way.

- Edit -

somebody beat me to it.