which bbl for this build [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : which bbl for this build

uzimon
10-16-2012, 16:06
Got a noveske chainsaw lower and an m4 upper coming. I had planned to spend the $450 on a noveske recon bbl (for an all noveske gun)ASSuming it was chrome lined only to discover its not. It is polygonal rifled.
Would I lose much accuracy going with a daniel defense? (Those are chrome lined. )i'd save nearly $200.
If not a daniel defense which brand?
I want a 16" govt bbl or even an h-bar. Mid length gas system.
My goal is a tack driver. But I likely wont shoot it enough to wear out a non cl.

Thanks

Travclem
10-16-2012, 17:48
If you want a tack driver, don't get a chrome lined barrel. They are built for longevity moreso than accuracy. I'd say go with the Noveske. Other options include Lothar Walther, Kreiger, etc. You said yourself you won't shoot enough to wear it out.

uzimon
10-16-2012, 17:55
If you want a tack driver, don't get a chrome lined barrel. They are built for longevity moreso than accuracy. I'd say go with the Noveske. Other options include Lothar Walther, Kreiger, etc. You said yourself you won't shoot enough to wear it out.

Would a few mag dumps trash a ss bbl? Is cl that much more durable than noveskes ss bbl?
otoh I could just rf my 6920 and go easy on this build

M1A Shooter
10-16-2012, 18:00
daniel defense or bcm if you want a blaster. i would go noveske for a match barrel.

i would also look into rainier arms barrels for something a little cheaper with a decent reputation.

uzimon
10-16-2012, 18:07
daniel defense or bcm if you want a blaster. i would go noveske for a match barrel.

i would also look into rainier arms barrels for something a little cheaper with a decent reputation.

Thats what I want, match grade. Thinking I will stick with original plan of all noveske.
And worst case maybe if I have to sell it will hold value better, imo
Thanks

Travclem
10-16-2012, 18:47
Would a few mag dumps trash a ss bbl? Is cl that much more durable than noveskes ss bbl?
otoh I could just rf my 6920 and go easy on this build

No a few mag dumps won't trash the Noveske. A cl barrel will last longer under constant rapid fire. If it were me, I'd stick with the Noveske.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

uzimon
10-20-2012, 11:14
No a few mag dumps won't trash the Noveske. A cl barrel will last longer under constant rapid fire. If it were me, I'd stick with the Noveske.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Thats what im doing. Getting some flack like "its your $ but if it were me id go with an acme bbl..."
especially on m4c

Anyway, got my upper in
http://i.imgur.com/HhBxv.jpg
Getting the recon bbl from rogtac for $427

surf
10-20-2012, 13:38
The problem is that you are not really educated on the multitude of parts of this platform which is no big deal. However when you are talking technicalities of parts sourcing and what you want to use, you are making statements that your technical knowledge cannot back up. When you really don't understand that the Noveske recon barrel is a stainless steel match type barrel and that they are not chrome lined and that Noveske makes their barrels polygonal, this is a big red flag that you should be asking questions and not making statements as if factual. People question your choices on your barrel selection because you clearly don't understand the differences and don't even seem sure yourself what you want to do with it.

As for m4c, I only saw 1 comment in regards to your barrel option. The rest was not really directed at you until you began making comments about frankenguns which some took exception over as your definition is a bit skewed from what most consider the correct definition. The thread got closed for a good reason and it seems that it stung a bit. This is a good learning lesson, that certain sites would like their members who are learning to actually read more and post less fluff. Technical questions in the tech area is good to go, but "Chainsaw lower sure is cool" is not a good start for a thread. That might have flown in the Custom Build section but it really needed substance and not just "hey look at my Noveske chainsaw lower". At least you started it off a bit better here by asking questions in regards to barrels.

Just food for thought.

uzimon
10-21-2012, 06:13
Yes I am guilty of poorly chosen thread title and lgnorance of ar tech.
Their only offering in a 16" non pencil is polyganol. Match grade is what im after on this.