Michelin Stealth Wipes - Horrible Installation [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Michelin Stealth Wipes - Horrible Installation

DoubleWide
10-16-2012, 17:48
First time, replacing wipers on this car. I'm used to the hook ones. I grab Michelin Stealth Ultra wipers instead of the Trico ones. The lady at the counter asks me if I want them installed. I shake my head no figuring this will take me two seconds. Well, I discover they're slide locks. Push two tabs in and the old ones slide off. One was a little rough, but no biggie. I pull the new ones out and some different parts fall out. I look at the instructions to figure out what the parts are for. Instructions say take your new wiper and throw away some parts already attached, slap, click this little part shut then just click them on.

NOTHING, absolutely nothing, slides on, clicks into place, or snaps together without a lot of force. I'm surprised that I didn't break the blades or bend the wiper arm. Who invents this crap? I've put on the hook setup in the rain in seconds. This had me struggling to snap together plastic pieces without breaking them during a nice day.

Their video doesn't even follow their instructions.

http://www.pylonhq.com/cc_installation_beam_5.shtml

I don't know how well they work yet, but way more work to install than they're worth.

Angry Fist
10-16-2012, 17:55
I was going to try those. I just use the ol' Anco Winterblades.

El_Ron1
10-16-2012, 18:06
How do you say Michelin in Chinese?

Detectorist
10-16-2012, 18:06
You should have let the girl install them. :)

crazycooter91
10-16-2012, 18:36
what kind of car is it? can you post a picture of the connectors it came with?

I work at a parts store so I might can help.

DoubleWide
10-16-2012, 20:09
I've got them on, but it took 5-10 minutes. The slide lock part that goes on the arm has to be put on perfectly and shoved on hard. Snapping on the blade required enough force that I swear I was going to break something.

goldenlight
10-17-2012, 03:54
I was going to try those. I just use the ol' Anco Winterblades.

I've been using Anco wipers, and winter blades, for over 30 years no. Installation really is just a few seconds each side.

I see no reason to change to an other, more expensive brand.

crazycooter91
10-17-2012, 10:52
I've got them on, but it took 5-10 minutes. The slide lock part that goes on the arm has to be put on perfectly and shoved on hard. Snapping on the blade required enough force that I swear I was going to break something.

It took me awhile to learn those...it's not bad when you finally get used to them

TKM
10-17-2012, 11:34
How do you say Michelin in Chinese?

Micherin?:dunno:

Jerry Smith
10-17-2012, 19:25
bosch icon's ftmfw