New adventures in store.... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : New adventures in store....

x_out86
10-16-2012, 19:37
Well I took the plunge and as of the end of the month, will be trading this:

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTSntONpdMqvXMdTPhUAUpzuIKZsb0NqLcfKR8g-CzBr85TVC7P

For this

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRtT0bLmN6AEOSd_J3fCaJIQqaNopBcYvBgXwo77s1esn8s8bmM

I have been told that my new catch phrase will be "What can brown do for you?" :cool:

Couldnt pass up the job offer, and it is a good long term career move for me. Little nervous about the change, but I am sure it will all work out. Now just have to clean out the closet full of blue and make room for the brown.

blueiron
10-16-2012, 19:49
Congratulations! As long as it isn't working for my 'sheruff', you should do well.

collim1
10-16-2012, 21:52
I much preferred the look of my brown uniforms as opposed to the blues I wear now.

The blues paid a lot more in my case though:supergrin:

ditchdoc24
10-16-2012, 23:18
Congratulations. I made the same move about 10 months ago. One of the first things almost everyone says to me is "I know the Sheriff!" I had one guy call 911 as I was doing FSTs on his buddy and tells the dispatcher that two Deputies were harassing his friend. He then informed the dispatcher that he expected to see the Sheriff out there immediately. Sheriff called my partner and told us to do what we needed to do. It's different from working in the city but it's also a lot of fun.

x_out86
10-17-2012, 20:05
Thanks guys! Went in today and found out who my shift partners will be and got my appt for uniform fitting set up.

I am ready for a take home car and the other perks that come along with the move. I have worked in the same county for the past 5 years and know all the guys I will be working with. Now I get to drive in big circles (whole county) instead of little circles (just city limits). LOL

golls17
10-17-2012, 22:14
Congrats. I wonder if you took one of the ones I was going for?