A question about Obamacare. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : A question about Obamacare.

frank4570
10-16-2012, 19:56
I'm not educated in this area, so please bear with me. Are employers going to be forced to pay for insurance for employees? Or is that part just going to be like it always has been?

Paul_J
10-16-2012, 20:14
Not forced to provide but they will be fined if they don't. In most cases the fine will be cheaper than providing insurance.

G29Reload
10-16-2012, 20:47
Not forced to provide but they will be fined if they don't. In most cases the fine will be cheaper than providing insurance.

Not by much. This is the reason why unemployment is so bad. The terror of obamacare and all its costs fines penalties and taxes has kept employers worried

Just yesterday darden restaurants said they will fire most of their fulltime employees and replace them with part time to get under threshholds and avoid certain fines and taxes. They operate ive garden, red lobsters etc nationwide. Quite a few others are doing this. If obama is reelected this will get substNtially worse.

frank4570
10-16-2012, 20:48

Is that every employer? I'm guessing there will be a stepped program or some thing.

MarinePride
10-16-2012, 21:27
If obama is reelected this will get substNtially worse.

How is it going to get worse? The law, is the law now and it's not going to be changed.

Diesel McBadass
10-16-2012, 21:29
fined if not providing for employees working 120 hours (30 a week) or more. What will happen? employees will be capped 29 hours a week or below and have a reduced income. Thanks to
Obummer.

SpectreRider
10-17-2012, 21:16
Only applies to companies with 50 or more employees. So growing companies will have to face a real tough decision when it comes time to cross over the line to having 50 employees.

Got to figure that many companies are going to decide to not grow beyond forty-nine employees. Don't bother looking for work there.