Barry wants a new AWB--What a surprise! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Barry wants a new AWB--What a surprise!

Barcroft
10-16-2012, 20:22
So Barry wants to have a new AWB introduced. This shows how important it is to get the present administration OUT!!!

countrygun
10-16-2012, 20:32
Where are all of the GTPI libertarians and Dems telling us how Romney was the 2A threat?

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee518/CountryG/Dems.png

janice6
10-16-2012, 20:36
Where are all of the GTPI libertarians and Dems telling us how Romney was the 2A threat?

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee518/CountryG/Dems.png

They were always telling us how Obama thinks, and what he would and would not do. No credibility for them.

Zombie Surgeon
10-16-2012, 20:38
Every gun owner who votes for this traitor should have his head checked.

Cambo
10-16-2012, 20:44

More than a few of them on this forum I'm afraid.

JBnTX
10-16-2012, 20:48

...and his cojones removed.

Cavalry Doc
10-16-2012, 20:49
I'm on a tape delay, due to a meeting.

I'm not surprised that Barry said "I also share your belief that weapons designed for soldiers in war theaters don't belong on our streets. And so what I am trying to do is to get a broader conversation about how do we reduce the violence generally. PART of it is [choke/belch] seeing if we can get an assault weapons ban reintroduced."

Thanks for that Barry. Hope your retirement is happy.

Romney bringing up Fast and Furious was icing on the cake.

Chuck TX
10-16-2012, 21:02
Going to be be a lot of AR's sold tomorrow.

automatic slim
10-16-2012, 21:03
I thought Bam Bam was a Constitutional Scholar, or whatever....:dunno:

He should read it again...

FLIPPER 348
10-16-2012, 21:04
So Barry wants to have a new AWB introduced. !

Mittens avoided the question (2X)

automatic slim
10-16-2012, 21:06

No he didn't. Go watch it again.

countrygun

Which debate were you watching?

rgregoryb

but your hero said yes..........

ChuteTheMall
Hussein also blamed affordable handguns for the violence in Chicago, although he used the term "cheap."
:upeyes:

rgregoryb
10-16-2012, 21:08
Hussein also blamed affordable handguns for the violence in Chicago, although he used the term "cheap."

cause poor people should not have guns for protection

JFrame
10-16-2012, 21:10
but your hero said yes..........

...And emphatically.

QNman
10-16-2012, 21:11
I'm on a tape delay, due to a meeting.

I'm not surprised that Barry said "I also share your belief that weapons designed for soldiers in war theaters don't belong on our streets. And so what I am trying to do is to get a broader conversation about how do we reduce the violence generally. PART of it is [choke/belch] seeing if we can get an assault weapons ban reintroduced."

Thanks for that Barry. Hope your retirement is happy.

Romney bringing up Fast and Furious was icing on the cake.

Can't be true... I read it on the interwebs.

QNman
10-16-2012, 21:12

Only in your left-mind filter. He said "enforce the laws on the books". Hell, you're own guy said Romney was "for it before he was against it".

countrygun
10-16-2012, 21:17
Only in your left-mind filter. He said "enforce the laws on the books". Hell, you're own guy said Romney was "for it before he was against it".

Yup, that's what I heard.

ICARRY2
10-16-2012, 21:25

Any gun owner who votes for obama should have their guns taken away.

Kasinefect
10-16-2012, 21:26
I got a good price on AR mags at the gun show last weekend, wish I had bought some more but I ran out of money. They may be the last ones available at a good price I see for awhile.

By the way, If anyone wants me I'll be out at the dock loading my gun collection onto my boat. It looks like a nice day for sailing.

countrygun
10-16-2012, 21:27

If he were to win, they probably will have

Zombie Surgeon
10-16-2012, 22:07

Why do you lie so much and so often?

countrygun
10-16-2012, 22:23
Why do you lie so much and so often?

I would have added"...and so blatantly"

FFR Spyder GT
10-16-2012, 23:22
Romney has already signed an AWB.

Zombie Surgeon
10-17-2012, 00:00

You are an an Obama hack who puts partisan politics before civil rights and the Second Amendment.

You are the enemy and I my words cannot express the disgust and contempt I have for you. And I am sure I am not the only around here one who feels this way.

domin8ss
10-17-2012, 00:12
You are an an Obama hack who puts partisan politics before civil rights and the Second Amendment.

You are the enemy and I my words cannot express the disgust and contempt I have for you. And I am sure I am not the only around here one who feels this way.

I support this message.

svtpwnz
10-17-2012, 05:29

I could not agree more!!!!!

Cambo
10-17-2012, 05:37

You are not alone in feeling this way.

fx77
10-17-2012, 05:48
Seriously , no gun owners who favor MSR's anyway (modern Sporting Rifles = AW) would support Obama..that is just red meat for his base.

Paul7
10-17-2012, 06:03
Obama really shot himself in the foot on this one, Democrats running in rural, Southern & Western parts of the US must have been sick to hear that.

eracer
10-17-2012, 06:03

Funny, as a libertarian (one who champions individual freedoms) I don't recall ever saying that Rmoney was the only presidential candidate to support gun bans. You must be thinking of some other person.

Come to think of it, you must be thinking of some other group, since every libertarian I know fears both Rmoney and Obummer. Most of us will vote for Rmoney, since he is clearly the lesser of two evils.

But your bashing is what it is: Self-serving nonsense.

aircarver
10-17-2012, 06:13

Geeze ... my Sigs and Brownings were anything but cheap ... We need a law that good handguns should be affordable ..... :whistling:

series1811
10-17-2012, 07:43

Assuming any of the ones here who say they are voting for Obama really had any to start with. :whistling:

rgregoryb
10-17-2012, 07:47
So all the BO supporters are for a new AWB

Shark
Flipper
Trew2
Flintlicker
Spyder

what a list of morons

concretefuzzynuts
10-17-2012, 07:52
Obama Quote:

“My belief is that, (A), we have to enforce the laws we’ve already got, make sure that we’re keeping guns out of the hands of criminals, those who are mentally ill. We’ve done a much better job in terms of background checks, but we’ve got more to do when it comes to enforcement.

“But I also share your belief that weapons that were designed for soldiers in war theaters don’t belong on our streets. And so what I’m trying to do is to get a broader conversation about how do we reduce the violence generally. Part of it is seeing if we can get an assault weapons ban reintroduced. But part of it is also looking at other sources of the violence. Because frankly, in my home town of Chicago, there’s an awful lot of violence and they’re not using AK-47s. They’re using cheap hand guns.”

JFrame
10-17-2012, 07:54
Obama Quote:

“My belief is that, (A), we have to enforce the laws we’ve already got, make sure that we’re keeping guns out of the hands of criminals, those who are mentally ill. We’ve done a much better job in terms of background checks, but we’ve got more to do when it comes to enforcement.

“But I also share your belief that weapons that were designed for soldiers in war theaters don’t belong on our streets. And so what I’m trying to do is to get a broader conversation about how do we reduce the violence generally. Part of it is seeing if we can get an assault weapons ban reintroduced. But part of it is also looking at other sources of the violence. Because frankly, in my home town of Chicago, there’s an awful lot of violence and they’re not using AK-47s. They’re using cheap hand guns.”

We are silly to be talking about Obama in the context of an AWB. We need to be talking about him in terms of a gun ban -- period.

ballr4lyf
10-17-2012, 08:12

And do you think Obama wouldn't have if he'd have been in a position to in '94?

What I do know is that Romney did say he would NOT push for or sign an AWB *NOW*, and Obama DID say that he would.

I do not think that Romney studied the question much during the workup to the debate, because he gave some weak and incorrect answers (i.e. it is legal to own fully auto guns). However, Obama was definitely on the complete opposite side of the subject. Fully supporting and pushing for a new AWB.

I hate talking politics on social media sites like FB, because I have friends and family who do not agree with me politically and talking politics is better done face-to-face to avoid hurting anybody's feelings (which I have a tendency to do anyways, face-to-face). However, when the 2nd Amendment comes under attack during a political race, the gloves come off. So I have my marching orders, and my FB friends and family are going to be bombarded until election day to cast a vote for the 2nd Amendment. I hope that the rest of you will do the same. It is more important that we influence the votes of people who do not understand that the 2nd Amendment is the only Amendment in the Bill of Rights that is under constant attack. It does nothing to beat our chests here when most everybody is in agreement that the 2A is under attack. We need to show the rest of the population that it is, why it shouldn't be, and what we can do to stop it.

Personally, I'm gonna be doing a lot of quoting from the good book (that would be, gunfacts.info).

rgregoryb
10-17-2012, 08:42
And do you think Obama wouldn't have if he'd have been in a position to in '94?

What I do know is that Romney did say he would NOT push for or sign an AWB *NOW*, and Obama DID say that he would.

I do not think that Romney studied the question much during the workup to the debate, because he gave some weak and incorrect answers (i.e. it is legal to own fully auto guns). However, Obama was definitely on the complete opposite side of the subject. Fully supporting and pushing for a new AWB.

I hate talking politics on social media sites like FB, because I have friends and family who do not agree with me politically and talking politics is better done face-to-face to avoid hurting anybody's feelings (which I have a tendency to do anyways, face-to-face). However, when the 2nd Amendment comes under attack during a political race, the gloves come off. So I have my marching orders, and my FB friends and family are going to be bombarded until election day to cast a vote for the 2nd Amendment. I hope that the rest of you will do the same. It is more important that we influence the votes of people who do not understand that the 2nd Amendment is the only Amendment in the Bill of Rights that is under constant attack. It does nothing to beat our chests here when most everybody is in agreement that the 2A is under attack. We need to show the rest of the population that it is, why it shouldn't be, and what we can do to stop it.

Personally, I'm gonna be doing a lot of quoting from the good book (that would be, gunfacts.info).

it is legal to own full auto weapons, we are a class III dealer and we sell them all it takes is a Tax Stamp and about a 6 month wait

ballr4lyf
10-17-2012, 08:53
it is legal to own full auto weapons, we are a class III dealer and we sell them all it takes is a Tax Stamp and about a 6 month wait

Yeah, I know. Just something I keyed in on that Romney said... he said that owning full auto weapons was already illegal. Which, like you said, is not.

engineer151515
10-17-2012, 09:00

In the words of Ulysses S. Grant

"The war is over, the Rebels are our countrymen again..."

As a group, let us all be careful about classifying our political opponents as "enemies". They are Americans, with a right to differing views on politics.

Just be sure to vote against them. :supergrin:

Zombie Surgeon
10-17-2012, 09:11

The war is far from over. The communist enemy commander is still in charge and scheming to disarm us. Last night he couldn't say it more clearly.

Acujeff
10-17-2012, 09:11

That's not true and it's been covered many times in GT threads.

1} MA's permanent AWB was signed into law in 1998. Romney was Gov. of MA 2002-2006.

2} Romney signed a bill in 2004 to amend the MA AWB making it less strict and correcting some abuses. This bill actually reduced gun control.

If you actually examine his record it is clear Romney signed no anti-2A bills while he was Gov. He only reduced gun control, removed gun control language from bills, or signed pro-2A bills into law.

The liberal media and Obama supporters are misrepresenting Romney record. The NRA magazines published a link to Romney‘s actual entire record:

http://www.goal.org/newspages/romney.html

http://www.ammoland.com/2012/10/02/gun-owners-do-you-owe-mitt-romney-an-apology-for-your-doubts-must-read-report/#ixzz28AyBR021

Chuck TX
10-17-2012, 09:12

As a group, let us all be careful about classifying our political opponents as "enemies". They are Americans, with a right to differing views on politics.

Just be sure to vote against them. :supergrin:

No it's not, yankee. :tongueout:

engineer151515
10-17-2012, 11:53
No it's not, yankee. :tongueout:

:rofl::rofl:

stevelyn
10-17-2012, 12:01
GTPI libertarians ......

We might have seen Romney as a threat to 2A, but we've never denied that Odummass was a gun owners' blood enemy.

countrygun
10-17-2012, 12:03
That's not true and it's been covered many times in GT threads.

1} MA's permanent AWB was signed into law in 1998. Romney was Gov. of MA 2002-2006.

2} Romney signed a bill in 2004 to amend the MA AWB making it less strict and correcting some abuses. This bill actually reduced gun control.

If you actually examine his record it is clear Romney signed no anti-2A bills while he was Gov. He only reduced gun control, removed gun control language from bills, or signed pro-2A bills into law.

The liberal media and Obama supporters are misrepresenting Romney record. The NRA magazines published a link to Romney‘s actual entire record:

http://www.goal.org/newspages/romney.html

http://www.ammoland.com/2012/10/02/gun-owners-do-you-owe-mitt-romney-an-apology-for-your-doubts-must-read-report/#ixzz28AyBR021

Jeff, it's useless with Spyder. It's the old saying "You can lead a horticulture.......but you can't make her think"

His mind is like concrete....Thoroughly mixed up and permanently set.

He has stuck his fingers in his ears until they touch.

His brain is on a long river cruise down De Nile.

No Captain in the wheelhouse.

When Romney wins Spydie is going to end up in a white sport coat (with sleeves that fasten in the back) doing a one man standup routine in the upholstered room of the "Hotel Du whacko"

stevelyn
10-17-2012, 12:33

THey are not my fellow Americans. They can screw themselves, but they don't have the right to screw me too.