NEWS: Crowley just admitted Romney was right [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : NEWS: Crowley just admitted Romney was right

countrygun
10-16-2012, 22:00
about Obama's statements on Benghazi. If you look at Obama's whole Rose Garden speech, and see the quote in context, he was not talking about Benghazi.

this was just reported on FOX.

Wake_jumper
10-16-2012, 22:15
MSNBC is crowing about how Obama called it an act of terror and Romney was wrong.

JFrame
10-16-2012, 22:16
I guess Crowley should have kept her fat mouth shut and not tried to be a fact-checker in real time.

countrygun
10-16-2012, 22:20
MSNBC is crowing about how Obama called it an act of terror and Romney was wrong.

This is going to be a good test of the honesty of the MSM.

wonder how they will score

:whistling:

JFrame
10-16-2012, 22:21

They'll go back to saying it was Ambassador Stevens' fault for getting himself killed.

DOC44
10-16-2012, 22:22
Crowley's False Fact Check Saves President, Derails Debate - UPDATE: Crowley Says Romney 'Right'

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2012/10/16/Crowley-Saves-Obama-with-false-fact-check

Krauthammer Slams Crowley: 'Essentially Incorrect'

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV?id={C8096A8C-9AC8-47FB-AFD4-3A4946676049}&title=Krauthammer-Slams-Candy-Crowley-Essentially-Incorrect

Doc44

LASTRESORT20
10-16-2012, 22:36
~ " Crowley just admitted Romney was right " ~

oh...oh...and `NEG` for the bamster!

The Klingon Moderator back tracks...LOL!

engineer151515
10-16-2012, 22:37
Her deflection efforts for the Presidents became comical.

The President's need for her deflections became pathetic.

JFrame
10-16-2012, 22:39
I love the way Obama kept saying, "We can move on now," as if he couldn't wait to get off the stage.

Maybe it was just the lighting, but by the end of the debate, Obama looked as if he had been sweating a lot more.

countrygun
10-16-2012, 22:40
Her deflection efforts for the Presidents became comical.

The President's need for her deflections became pathetic.

Amazing that he needs her help to rise to the "mediocre" level.

domin8ss
10-16-2012, 23:19
When you don't have a telepromptor, ask the moderator to save you.

FFR Spyder GT
10-16-2012, 23:20
Crowley was RIGHT!

She told Romney that his numbers didn't add up and she was RIGHT!

GAFinch
10-16-2012, 23:22
Crowley was RIGHT!

:dunno:

What are you talking about?

FFR Spyder GT
10-16-2012, 23:24

Rewatch the debate.

countrygun
10-16-2012, 23:24
Crowley was RIGHT!

SHE sad she was wrong and you are still in denial,

:rofl::rofl:

J-frame you gotta add this one to the collection

Vic777
10-17-2012, 00:05
Crowley was RIGHT!

She told Romney that his numbers didn't add up and she was RIGHT!As if she would know, but I don't remember her saying that anyway. I do see that she just admitted she was wrong about what Obama said in the Rose Garden. Basically the President lied about what he said in the Rose Garden.

Snowman92D
10-17-2012, 00:19
It's tough being a Hussein supporter these days.

IvanVic
10-17-2012, 05:32
Crowley was RIGHT!

I watched the entire debate and have no idea what you're talking about.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

ModGlock17
10-17-2012, 05:39
I love the way Obama kept saying, "We can move on now," as if he couldn't wait to get off the stage.

Maybe it was just the lighting, but by the end of the debate, Obama looked as if he had been sweating a lot more.

TKO was what I saw! And I think I am a reasonable observer.

Goaltender66
10-17-2012, 05:44
@Brendan_Buck: If Obama designated it a terrorist attack in the Rose Garden, it slipped past AP and NYT that day

http://t.co/ZbfMXBRC

http://t.co/aXbyLoK8

callihan_44
10-17-2012, 05:57
when I heard her defend obama on his statement I almost threw something at the tv....however how many are going to go back and listen to what he actually said? THEY SOLD THE LIE

JFrame
10-17-2012, 06:00
SHE sad she was wrong and you are still in denial,

J-frame you gotta add this one to the collection

Good idea! http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/standart/good3.gif

aircarver
10-17-2012, 06:02

Badly !

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/oct/17/curl-crowley-skews-hard-obama-disastrous-debate/

Paul7
10-17-2012, 06:05
As I've said before here, why do we even need moderators? Lincoln and Douglas didn't have one.

aircarver
10-17-2012, 06:05
WIH were the Republicans thinking ?

Not only did they allow enemy operators as 'moderators', they allowed the stacking of enemy talking points and 'plants' as the supposed 'undecided voters' ... :steamed:

PocketProtector
10-17-2012, 06:07
How many days was it when OMao made his disgusting, fact free UN speech ??

And how many days was Jaybird calling it the video before he was removed from view?

And who made the Pakistan ad blaming the video? Ohhhh the Bamster and Hilldogs.

And who lied again??

OMao did not utter a SINGLE truth last night......well in almost 4 years actually....probably longer.

71Commander
10-17-2012, 06:09
Too late. Damage was done.

DonGlock26
10-17-2012, 06:09
http://youtu.be/W1H6SanVXcM

Listen at 1:40. What babbling is that? She never pointed out that the admin misled the American people as she later did on CNN. She is a pathetic excuse for a journalist. What fools picked her?

http://youtu.be/athcyCTnTTs

Now, after the debate, she tells us that not only was Romney right, but that the administration misled the American people for at least two week. Unbelievable.

JFrame
10-17-2012, 06:10
Crowley was RIGHT!

SHE said she was wrong and you are still in denial,

I watched the entire debate and have no idea what you're talking about.

http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/artists/just_cuz/JC-hysterical.gif

I'm going out on a limb and suggesting that Spyder guzzles a bottle or two of Wild Irish Rose before screwing up the "courage" to post on this board... http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/big_standart/biggrin.gif

PocketProtector
10-17-2012, 06:12
The Center for Misinformation moderates debates ???

aircarver
10-17-2012, 06:14
The Center for Misinformation moderates debates ???

The DNC .....

... OK, well, the same thing ... :whistling:

DonGlock26
10-17-2012, 06:32
Well, the next debate is about foreign policy, but the candidates will not be allowed to use the following small list of words:

Libya

Iran

Islam

Muslims

Jihad

Embassy

Flag

Street

Dragged

Video tape

Fire

State Dept

Intelligence

Prior

Attacks

Ambassador

Rice

Lied

Misled

Untrue

Untruth

Untruthful

False

Falsehood

Fast

Furious

AK-47

Agent

Dead

Mexican

Teenagers

Shot

Murdered

sixteen

Syria

Taliban

aircarver
10-17-2012, 06:34
Well, the next debate is about foreign policy, but the candidates will not be allowed to use the following small list of words:

Libya

Iran

Islam

Muslims

Jihad

Embassy

Flag

Street

Dragged

Video tape

Fire

State Dept

Intelligence

Prior

Attacks

Ambassador

Rice

Lied

Misled

Untrue

Untruth

Untruthful

False

Falsehood

Fast

Furious

AK-47

Agent

Dead

Mexican

Teenagers

Shot

Murdered

sixteen

Syria

Taliban

:rofl::animlol:

series1811
10-17-2012, 07:10
Crowley was RIGHT!

WTF? :dunno:

JFrame
10-17-2012, 07:14
WTF? :dunno:

Spyder is posting from the Bizarro universe -- there's not only a time zone change, but a rationality zone change.

robertoh
10-17-2012, 08:10
Even with the Moderaters on Obama's side it's evident that Obama is weak and incompetent something not to be forgotten by the voters this late in the campaign come election time.Crowley made a big mistake trying to help Obama,it was just to obvious.

aircarver
10-17-2012, 08:16
Spyder is posting from the Bizarro universe -- there's not only a time zone change, but a rationality zone change.

Man ... & I thought 'Fringe' was strange ....:wow:

JFrame
10-17-2012, 08:38
Man ... & I thought 'Fringe' was strange ....:wow:

"Fringe" ain't got nothin' on Spyder... :rofl:

Goaltender66
10-17-2012, 08:45
"Fringe" ain't got nothin' on Spyder... :rofl:

Given your theory about the Wild Irish Rose, I'm thinking it's more like "binge."

Peace Officer
10-17-2012, 08:45
Isn't it great to have a blazing liberal for a moderator in a debate? Crowley should go back to her old job at The Waffle House and call it a day. It is because of the liberal main stream media that the muslim bama will be re-elected. The laugh is on us and the USA. Remember: AMERICA RUNS ON PURE BULL@%&#! Always has,,,,,always will:rofl:

JFrame
10-17-2012, 08:47
Given your theory about the Wild Irish Rose, I'm thinking it's more like "binge."

Heh... :supergrin:

I'm still tending toward that assessment...I just visualize eyes not focusing "quite right" while he pounds his inanities on a keyboard...

Goaltender66
10-17-2012, 08:55
Heh... :supergrin:

I'm still tending toward that assessment...I just visualize eyes not focusing "quite right" while he pounds his inanities on a keyboard...

http://haplesshermit.typepad.com/.a/6a00e550d82bce883300e552ad02848834-320pi

JFrame
10-17-2012, 08:56
http://haplesshermit.typepad.com/.a/6a00e550d82bce883300e552ad02848834-320pi

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Peace Officer
10-17-2012, 09:01
Why wasn't Candy Crowley wearing her Burka the other night?

Skyhook
10-17-2012, 09:06
Too late. Damage was done.

Yup, how many folks were listening to that enormous flesh mound back up Obama's lies... and how many will hear of her mia culpa retraction?

That foul woman knew exactly what she was doing when she did it-- look at her demeanor as she 'told Romney whut's whut'.

JFrame
10-17-2012, 09:07
Yup, how many folks were listening to that enormous flesh mound back up Obama's lies... and how many will hear of her mia culpa retraction?

That foul woman knew exactly what she was doing when she did it-- look at her demeanor as she 'told Romney whut's whut'.

If nothing else, this certainly sets the stage for the third debate on foreign policy...! :whistling:

Skyhook
10-17-2012, 09:16
"Crowley then broke in, saying: “He did in fact, sir. So let me — let me call it an act of terror …”

“Can you say that a little louder, Candy?” Obama shouted.

“He — he did call it an act of terror," Crowley said as some in the audience applauded. "It did as well take — it did as well take two weeks or so for the whole idea there being a riot out there about this tape to come out. You are correct about that,” Crowley said."

http://thehill.com/blogs/global-affairs/terrorism/262421-obama-rebuts-romney-on-libya-with-help-from-the-debate-moderator

amazon
10-17-2012, 09:36
impartial "undecided" audience applauded. :whistling:

Snowman92D
10-17-2012, 09:47

I'm not sure he has the "class" for Wild Irish Rose. I'd peg his rantings on low-grade, locally grown ditchweed. :smoking:

G36's Rule
10-17-2012, 10:31
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/Texasbagman/01af7f135e96a7795d5de8473bd44bc1.jpg

marchboom
10-17-2012, 10:43

The words "honesty" and "MSM" do not belong in the same sentence.

Romney's handlers should DEMAND that Crowley attend the next debate and at the beginning of the debate make the announcement that she was wrong, that obama was wrong and that Romney was correct.

Goaltender66
10-17-2012, 10:49
So back on September 30, Crowley's story was that the Administration took weeks to admit that Benghazi was a terrorist attack:

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1209/30/sotu.01.html

CROWLEY: I am joined by Obama campaign senior adviser David Axelrod. I want to pick up on what John McCain and I were talking about. There's a back and forth now about why didn't this administration -- why did it take them until Friday after a September 11th attack in Libya to come to the conclusion that it was premeditated and that there was terrorists involved. John McCain said it doesn't pass the smell test, or it's willful ignorance to think that they didn't know before this what was going on. Your reaction?
AXELROD: Well, first of all, Candy, as you know, the president called it an act of terror the day after it happened. But when you're the responsible party, when you're the administration, then you have a responsibility to act on what you know and what the intelligence community believes. This was -- this is being thoroughly investigated.

CROWLEY: But first it was, like, not planned.

AXELROD: We need to bring to justice--

CROWLEY: First, they said it was not planned, it was part of this tape. All that stuff.

AXELROD: As the director of national intelligence said on Friday, that was the original information that that was given to us. What we don't need is a president or an administration that shoots first and asks questions later.

CROWLEY: But isn't that what happened?

AXELROD: And, you know, Governor Romney leaped out on this Libya issue on the first day, and was terribly mistaken about what he said. That is not what you want in a president of the United States. And as for Senator McCain, for whom I have great respect, he has disapproved of our approach to Libya from the beginning, including the strategy that brought Gadhafi to justice.

CROWLEY: But this has to do not with the approach to Libya but with the murder of four Americans in Libya. And didn't the administration shoot first? Didn't they come out and say, listen, as far as we can tell, this wasn't preplanned, this was just a part of --

(CROSSTALK)

AXELROD: At this point, this is what we know, and we are thoroughly investigating. And that's exactly what you should do. That's what the responsible thing to do is. I was kind of shocked to see Representative King attack Ambassador Rice for what she said last Sunday here and elsewhere, because she was acting on the intelligence that was given to her by the intelligence community. To say she should resign -- she is one of the most remarkable, splendid public servants we have. That's thoroughly irresponsible.

And Crowley talking to McCain on the same show:

Friday we got the administration's sort of definitive statement that this now looks as though it was a pre-planned attack by a terrorist group, and some of whom were at least sympathetic to al Qaeda.

Why do you think and are you bothered that it has taken them this long from September 11th to now to get to this conclusion?

The Friday she's talking about is September 28. Doesn't the 12th come before the 28th?

FFR Spyder GT
10-17-2012, 11:01
AXELROD: "Well, first of all, Candy, as you know, the president called it an act of terror the day after it happened."

Pretty simple.

I've seen the video several times where Obama said it was an "act of terror".

Skyhook
10-17-2012, 11:03

:rofl:

:cheers:

Snowman92D
10-17-2012, 11:10
Make no mistake, Candy Crowley has given Obama a bigger screwing than Michelle could ever dream of....!

She has guaranteed that her sweetie Hussein cannot walk away from that "debate" with a desperately-needed clean victory over Romney. Her bungling and deceitful interference has left Obama in yet another cloud of smoke (and mirrors) and delivered him on a silver platter to Romney for the 3rd debate on foreign policy.

Candy only served to publicly underscore the carefully contrived 'stacked deck' of Obama supporters that Romney faced in that room last night. Unfortunately for her, and her hero Hussein, that is the image they fixed in the minds of all but the most jibbering, slobbering Obama supporters.
:rofl:

F350
10-17-2012, 11:15
Typical MSM they print a lie on page 1 above the fold then the "correction" on section B page 9.

So "needs to lay off the Candy" defends Obummer in the debate on all major channels when 70 million people were watching and recants on CNN when maybe 100,000 are watching.

pesticidal
10-17-2012, 11:15
AXELROD: "Well, first of all, Candy, as you know, the president called it an act of terror the day after it happened."

Pretty simple.

He said act of terror, he never called the attack an act of terror until much later.

countrygun
10-17-2012, 11:17

Pretty simple.

Watch the whole speech, with the TV "on" this time. He was not talking about Benghazi. the soundbite was taken out of context to give that impression. The fact that you repeat the lie proves that you are "fibbing a bit". You didn't watch the speech, you just watched the soundbite.

Remember Zimmerman? "Hes' acting strange, he's black"? same thing.

JFrame
10-17-2012, 11:22
He said act of terror, he never called the attack an act of terror until much later.

To further depart from a specific Benghazi reference, I believe Obama said "acts of terror," speaking in the generality.

Skyhook
10-17-2012, 11:22
I think quoting bobble-head Axel is admission of failure right there.

:cool:

sugarcreek
10-17-2012, 11:34

Pretty simple.

I am here to tell you, few see the sitch like you. GREAT pains were made by Obama and his Administration for 2 weeks to say, even in the UN, that the film was to blame.

It is a lie. His words in context did NOT call the Benghazi attack an act of terror, except to the extent the "protestors" got a little carried away and killed those 4 Americans kinda, negligently? His words followed memorial words of 9/11, and resolve and all that.

Romney up in the polls. Thank goodness.

GWSHARK
10-17-2012, 11:43
Clear knockdown... almost a TKO.... are yall claiming it was really just a slip? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Goaltender66
10-17-2012, 11:44

Pretty simple.

And he was so clear about it that contemporaneous news reports, including Crowley herself, didn't catch it. Heck, we even have Crowley herself complaining about how long it took Obama to admit this was terrorism, and even so he only "sort of" did...and that's Crowley's characterization.

That's because he was using a generic platitude in the Rose Garden, not specifically talking about Benghazi. Odd that someone who fancies himself an arbiter of simplicity is so willing to twist himself in rhetorical knots and willfully ignore so many facts in order to excuse the prevarications of a guy he professes no support for in the first place.

Or, more simply: you are fooling no one.

countrygun
10-17-2012, 11:46
Clear knockdown... almost a TKO.... are yall claiming it was really just a slip? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

You are aware that the moderator admitted that Romney was right?

Given your tendencies your post can be taken a couple of ways. Of course, we generally assume confusion on your part anyway but.....?

Snowman92D
10-17-2012, 11:47
GREAT pains were made by Obama and his Administration for 2 weeks to say, even in the UN, that the film was to blame.

:okie:

Romney up in the polls. Thank goodness.

sheriff733
10-17-2012, 11:54
Whenever I need to feel better about myself, I just find some of FFR SPYDER GT's posts. Immediate gratification.

kirgi08
10-17-2012, 12:12
:whip: :animlol:

GWSHARK
10-17-2012, 12:15
You are aware that the moderator admitted that Romney was right?

Given your tendencies your post can be taken a couple of ways. Of course, we generally assume confusion on your part anyway but.....?

Check the transcript.

http://www.aim.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/obama-milkshake.jpg

Goaltender66
10-17-2012, 12:22
“Of course, yesterday was already a painful day for our nation as we marked the solemn memory of the 9/11 attacks. We mourn with the families who were lost on that day. I visited the graves of troops who made the ultimate sacrifice in Iraq and Afghanistan at the hallowed grounds of Arlington Cemetery, and had the opportunity to say thank you and visit some of our wounded warriors at Walter Reed. And then last night we learned the news of this attack in Benghazi.

As Americans let us never, ever forget that our freedom is only sustained because there are people who are willing to fight for it, to stand up for it, and in some cases lay down their lives for it. Our country is only as strong as the character of our people and the service of those, both civilian and military, who represent us around the globe.

No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for.”

Talking about 9/11/01, not 9/11/12.

And, of course, he sent Susan Rice out to blame a video for something he's trying to say weeks later he called a terrorist attack.

And then there's this:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2012/09/20/press-gaggle-press-secretary-jay-carney-en-route-miami-fl-9202012

Q Can you — have you called it a terrorist attack before? Have you said that?

MR. CARNEY: I haven’t, but — I mean, people attacked our embassy. It’s an act of terror by definition.

Q Yes, I just hadn’t heard you –

MR. CARNEY: It doesn’t have to do with what date it occurred.

Q No, I just hadn’t heard the White House say that this was an act of terrorism or a terrorist attack. And I just –

MR. CARNEY: I don’t think the fact that we hadn’t is not — as our NCTC Director testified yesterday, a number of different elements appear to have been involved in the attack, including individuals connected to militant groups that are prevalent in eastern Libya, particularly in the Benghazi area. We are looking at indications that individuals involved in the attack may have had connections to al Qaeda or al Qaeda’s affiliates, in particular al Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb.

Even Jay Carney is saying they weren't calling it a terrorist attack.

ETA: Oh, and nice picture...Obama does indeed suck. :)

stevelyn
10-17-2012, 12:24

I see another TKO. Odumass still couldn't go toe-to-toe on substance and facts with Romney inspite of the leftist pig from CNN obviously running static for him.

countrygun
10-17-2012, 12:26
Check the transcript.

I did, you need to. You also need to check Crowley's own retraction and even what Carney is saying. that is a heck of a case of denial you have cultivated.

Oh BTW,

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee518/CountryG/Fork_zps7a30b053.png

kirgi08
10-17-2012, 12:30
:animlol:

GWSHARK
10-17-2012, 12:35

And, of course, he sent Susan Rice out to blame a video for something he's trying to say weeks later he called a terrorist attack.

And then there's this:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2012/09/20/press-gaggle-press-secretary-jay-carney-en-route-miami-fl-9202012

Even Jay Carney is saying they weren't calling it a terrorist attack.

ETA: Oh, and nice picture...Obama does indeed suck. :)

Sure... thats one interpretation. :rofl:

Goaltender66
10-17-2012, 12:38
From the same speech we're supposed to review:

Since our founding, the United States has been a nation that respects all faiths. We reject all efforts to denigrate the religious beliefs of others. But there is absolutely no justification to this type of senseless violence. None. The world must stand together to unequivocally reject these brutal acts.

"Senseless violence" and "brutal acts" are drive-by shootings. And here he is blaming the denigration of religious beliefs as a catalyst for Benghazi...something he sent Susan Rice to do just days later, something he did in front of the UN, and something he did for David Letterman's show.

JFrame
10-17-2012, 12:38
Early numbers indicate that about 6 percent fewer people saw this debate than the first one. So if we take this last debate as close either way, it will still likely wind up having less effect on public perception than the first one.

FFR Spyder GT
10-17-2012, 12:45

How do you know this? Did Obama discuss this with you, off the record of course?

Goaltender66
10-17-2012, 12:47
How do you know this? Did Obama discuss this with you, off the record of course?

Reading Comprehension. You should try it when you sober up.

itstime
10-17-2012, 12:48
I thought it was tacky she opened her mouth in the first place.

Debate 3 should open with her apologizing.

Bren
10-17-2012, 12:59

Pretty simple.

OK, I'd like to see that. Got a link? It seems strange that even when the more liberal side of the media examines the video you've seen "several times" they say you are lying.

concretefuzzynuts
10-17-2012, 13:13
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/Texasbagman/01af7f135e96a7795d5de8473bd44bc1.jpg

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

DOC44
10-17-2012, 15:27
I thought it was tacky she opened her mouth in the first place.

Debate 3 should open with her apologizing.

I thought she was only there to sing when it was over.

Doc44

GWSHARK
10-18-2012, 12:27
Early numbers indicate that about 6 percent fewer people saw this debate than the first one. So if we take this last debate as close either way, it will still likely wind up having less effect on public perception than the first one.

Out of that 6%.... how many have seen the highlights?

http://cdn.inquisitr.com/wp-content/2010/11/president-obama-gets-stitches-playing-basketball.jpg

:wavey:

JFrame
10-18-2012, 12:31

Not that I put much stock in polls -- but have you seen the polls lately? :wavey:

Skyhook
10-18-2012, 12:37

http://cdn.inquisitr.com/wp-content/2010/11/president-obama-gets-stitches-playing-basketball.jpg

Nice picture of the "man" occupying the most powerful office the planet has ever seen.

Obama not only has a purdy mout he has gots great wrists, too! :supergrin:

JFrame
10-18-2012, 12:42
Nice picture of the "man" occupying the most powerful office the planet has ever seen.

Obama not only has a purdy mout he has gots great wrists, too! :supergrin:

Notice any similarity...? ---> :pjmn:

:supergrin:

Skyhook
10-18-2012, 12:49
Notice any similarity...? ---> :pjmn:

:supergrin:

Oh, yeah, baby!! :rofl:

Snowman92D
10-18-2012, 13:44

Two points...!

I have to admit...he definitely has that "swish" thing down. :whistling: