anybody notice this at Olive Garden lately? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : anybody notice this at Olive Garden lately?

Snaps
10-17-2012, 01:09
FIrst off, I know... Ohhh chain restaurants yuck ick. We at Glocktalk are above such places. But anywayyyy

Me and the Mrs went to Olive Garden for dinner last night and something just didn't seem quite right. Same as last time we went a couple weeks ago. I remember last night noticing my spaghetti didn't seem to have as much sauce as usual but I really noticed it just now when I went to finish her chicken fettuccine alfredo, there was very little sauce on it.

Was the same place both times, and I'm kinda wondering if this is a new thing of theirs, cutting down?

SunsetMan
10-17-2012, 01:20
I wonder if this is to get the calorie count down? Chain resturants in California are showing calorie counts on the menus. The calorie counts for some Italian food like the alfredos are obscene, 1700 calories or so for one meal. It really makes you think when ordering.

Olive Garden may be preparing for having to display calorie counts nationwide.

skeeter7
10-17-2012, 01:24
It just means that the last person to eat the same meal you did didn't leave much sauce on their plate for them to scrape onto yours. :rofl:

jpa
10-17-2012, 01:29
Cream, butter and Parmesan cheese are expensive. I blame Obamacare. First they cut the full-time staff down to 28 hours per week so they don't have to pay their insurance, now they cut the sauce down.

SGT HATRED
10-17-2012, 01:35
I don't know but their eat tonight and tomorrow deal sounds good to me...

Glock40man
10-17-2012, 01:40
[QUOTE=SunsetMan;19526646
Olive Garden may be preparing for having to display calorie counts nationwide.[/QUOTE]

It wouldn't surprise me.

frizz
10-17-2012, 01:41
I've been angry with them ever since they dropped the "Chocolate Lasagna" from the desserts list.

I am a stickler for real butter, and the butter-cream layers were just to die for.

SunsetMan
10-17-2012, 02:06
It wouldn't surprise me.

Not kidding, I think showing calorie counts is part of Obamacare. Leave it to Cali to beat them to it. I think it is good though. I went to Mimi's and was amazed at the calories of many of their meals. If the meal has too many calories I'll eat half and take the other half home. Ignorance was bliss and I have the girth to show for it.

Snaps
10-17-2012, 02:15
I don't think too many people care at all what the calories are when they order something. I could be wrong though, but i know i don't

faawrenchbndr
10-17-2012, 02:20
Olive Garden is NOT the place to go if you ate counting calories.
Simply put, OG is cutting costs, less product for the same cost.

Longhammer
10-17-2012, 02:54
Last time we went to Olive Garden. The sexy young waitresses were all very inexperienced. And everytime they needed to get something, they had to walk about 50 feet one way. If the service wasn't so bad, it would have been amusing just watching them walk around with a fork or napkins or a glass of water. One lady sitting across from us had her food served, and she sat there for almost ten minutes without any silverware. Mind boggaling. All the good employees have obviously found new employment. That is a good indicator of what is happening. My wife complained about our service too. I had to go outside. I felt sorry for the nice young girl. She tried to cover a shortage on the bill out of her tips money. It was obvious that she was not trained. Nobody was. They were all just posing as waitresses oblivious to it all. I really don't think there was anyone there who was even stressed out that I saw. As someone with no food service experience, I am sure I could have managed that resteraunt better. This franchise is in dire straights. Chef Ramsey would have his hands full. (72nd st. in tacoma)

gwalchmai
10-17-2012, 05:49
Olive Garden is to Italian food what Red Lobster is to seafood... ;)

eracer
10-17-2012, 05:56
Me and the Mrs went to Olive Garden for dinner last night and something just didn't seem quite right.Well there's a surprise...

johnd
10-17-2012, 06:17
I used to think the Olive Garden was pretty nasty...until I went to Macaroni Grill. If you want to see something that no way remotely resembles the "menu" go there.
The "Chicken Carina" or whatever was " broiled chicken breast on a bed of pasta in a marsala sauce with sauteed mushrooms and onions"...its pix looked really good. What they served was someone elses leftovers with some maybe Alfredo sauce and a few scraps of what looked like might have once been an Oscar Meyer reconstituted chicken sandwich slice under the pasta.
There were 3 different pastas in the bowl indicating we got someone elses cooked with ours at the same time in the same pot and it was so old and overcooked we stuck some of it on the wall and it just stayed there.
Never found the sauteed onions, found what might have been one mushroom stalk part from canned mushroom stalks
The sauce was white and might have been milk for all its taste.
We left just about the entire meal and the waiter whom we hadnt seen since taking our order didnt even ask if it was ok, it was still all there on the plate and obviously not eaten...he just said " you want a box for that?"
The manager was " too busy" to see us, we knew that, he was entertaining some bimbos in the booth next to us and plying them with selections of food and wines and loud conversation. Every time they commented on something he would say " Ill have them make you...." and the stuff kept on coming.

Nasty nasty nasty

hamster
10-17-2012, 07:16
The reason that I avoid places like this isn't because I'm some sort of food snob. I've just had bad experiences with poor quality food, poor service or terrible inconsistency at these places. Now you've experienced it yourself.

FIrst off, I know... Ohhh chain restaurants yuck ick. We at Glocktalk are above such places. But anywayyyy

Me and the Mrs went to Olive Garden for dinner last night and something just didn't seem quite right. Same as last time we went a couple weeks ago. I remember last night noticing my spaghetti didn't seem to have as much sauce as usual but I really noticed it just now when I went to finish her chicken fettuccine alfredo, there was very little sauce on it.

Was the same place both times, and I'm kinda wondering if this is a new thing of theirs, cutting down?

ilgunguygt
10-17-2012, 07:26
Cool, then I need to try them again because I like red lobster.

Gotta love GT, where no one is overweight, no one eats fast food or chain restaurants, and everyone is perfect!:upeyes:

Reheater
10-17-2012, 07:31
Worked for the Olive Garden as a Cook for almost 3 years in College.

Probably kicking off another "War on Waste" campaign in the kitchens.

They come around from time to time, basically mandating the use of and constantly inspecting proper portion size by the recipe. Things like if a meal gets 4 oz of the particular sauce, you only use a 4 oz ladle in that particular pan.

Its pretty amazing how much waste a restaurant generates. Case in point another place I worked for showed in 30 days how much mozzarella cheese we wasted because we were hand portioning and over cheesing instead of using measuring cups. It was 190 lbs of cheese. Factor that kind of thing into the whole of the kitchen and your literally throwing thousands of dollars directly into the oven for no return.

gwalchmai
10-17-2012, 07:35
Yes, you'll probably love OG.

Gotta love GT, where no one is overweight, no one eats fast food or chain restaurants, and everyone is perfect!:upeyes:Not accepting mediocre crap as fine dining is not the same as claiming to be perfect. I doubt seriously that even the most ardent OG fan will seriously claim that its quality even compares to what it was fifteen years ago.

hamster
10-17-2012, 07:38

Gotta love GT, where no one is overweight, no one eats fast food or chain restaurants, and everyone is perfect!:upeyes:

Thing is, around here I can go to tons of local non-chain restaurants that are better and cheaper. I have zero incentive to go. The only time I'll go to the chains is if I'm out of town and have no time to look for a place. Then I just go knowing what the menu will have for me.

CitizenOfDreams
10-17-2012, 08:03
Portions at Olive Garden are ridiculously small for the price. The only good deal they have is the "soup and salad".

Tip: the sauce for the breadsticks is extra charge. The waiters never mention this little detail when they offer it.

certifiedfunds
10-17-2012, 08:45

Probably kicking off another "War on Waste" campaign in the kitchens.

They come around from time to time, basically mandating the use of and constantly inspecting proper portion size by the recipe. Things like if a meal gets 4 oz of the particular sauce, you only use a 4 oz ladle in that particular pan.

Its pretty amazing how much waste a restaurant generates. Case in point another place I worked for showed in 30 days how much mozzarella cheese we wasted because we were hand portioning and over cheesing instead of using measuring cups. It was 190 lbs of cheese. Factor that kind of thing into the whole of the kitchen and your literally throwing thousands of dollars directly into the oven for no return.

COGS is everything in that business.

Harley6133
10-17-2012, 08:48
Never been back seen food poisioning from the spaghetti and meatballs. the smell of the place makes my stomach turn.

DanaT
10-17-2012, 08:53

I wonder if it is because they are the same corporation??????

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

DanaT
10-17-2012, 08:55
Don't feel bad. They are a good value.

I paid somewhere around $13 for a medium Starbucks coffee and a brownie this morning.

But that brownie was damn tasty. Well really not that good, but a brownie.

gwalchmai
10-17-2012, 09:03
I wonder if it is because they are the same corporation??????< perplexed look while wondering if subtlety went past the poster of if he's in on it... >

RenoF250
10-17-2012, 09:10
I don't think too many people care at all what the calories are when they order something. I could be wrong though, but i know i don't

Sometimes I use it to help decide between two dishes other than that I don't care.

napp32
10-17-2012, 09:11
I have never eaten in an Olive Garden; so I can't comment. I'm not a big fan of Italian food; and I just don't feel like getting all dressed up to go to a fancy, expensive restaurant for something I don't like. :whistling:

gwalchmai
10-17-2012, 09:15
I have never eaten in an Olive Garden; so I can't comment. I'm not a big fan of Italian food; and I just don't feel like getting all dressed up to go to a fancy, expensive restaurant for something I don't like. :whistling:Last time I was at OG (because my companions insisted) there was a gentleman at a table across from us whose posterior far exceeded the capacity of the gym shorts he had chosen. I asked the waiter to move us. When he asked why I gestured in the direction of the butt and said I didn't care for the view.

So I don't think "getting all dressed up" should be a concern when you're planning a trip to OG. :supergrin:

USMCsilver
10-17-2012, 09:22

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Puke on both of them (and lots of puke, at that). :puking:

1-2man
10-17-2012, 09:23
I rarely eat at such places anymore but recently went to Outback Steakhouse which I used to go to almost weekly (it's been a good year since I last went.) I always get the same thing...the bread, a salad, plain baked potato and their largest cut of Porterhouse. I've had it twice in the past month or so and left hungry both times. I remember always being stuffed in previous years. :dunno:

VELO
10-17-2012, 09:27

The reason that I avoid places like this isn't because I'm some sort of food snob. I've just had bad experiences with poor quality food, poor service or terrible inconsistency at these places. Now you've experienced it yourself.

I'm with Hamster. I know some here can come off as pretty pious when the subject of chains comes up. I'm probably one of them. It's not that I won't ever eat at one of the big chains, I just avoid them if I can. There are too many fantastic small local joints with better food and better service for the same amount of money.

That said, my wife drug me to OG last Sunday. She loves the soup, salad and breadsticks deal they have. We both had that and it was exactly what we expected...pretty good. Service was exactly what we expected...terrible. What's so hard about water--no ice, please?

certifiedfunds
10-17-2012, 09:29
I'm with Hamster. I know some here can come off as pretty pious when the subject of chains comes up. I'm probably one of them. It's not that I won't ever eat at one of the big chains, I just avoid them if I can. There are too many fantastic small local joints with better food and better service for the same amount of money.

That said, my wife drug me to OG last Sunday. She loves the soup, salad and breadsticks deal they have. We both had that and it was exactly what we expected...pretty good. Service was exactly what we expected...terrible. What's so hard about water--no ice, please?

You also travel and know that the consistency provided by a chain, even though it may be consistently mediocre, is a worthwhile product.

VELO
10-17-2012, 09:33

I do and have been using an app that tells me that information. I was just in California and it was nice to have it right there on the menu.

As others have stated, it's a real eye opener when you see that your favorite "healthy" salad has 1200 calories in it. :shocked:

VELO
10-17-2012, 09:39
You also travel and know that the consistency provided by a chain, even though it may be consistently mediocre, is a worthwhile product.

Yep. When hungry and in a hurry on the road I'm looking for the chain restaurant area that is in every city and will pick one of them for a quick bite. Sometimes even OG for the aforementioned soup-salad-breadsticks.

However, if I have time I'm scouring Yelp for a highly rated local joint.

Found one last week in Palm Springs that had the best (and I've had a lot of it) prime rib I've ever had. Ended up sitting in the bar with the owner (his father opened the restaurant) who started bussing tables there at 11. He had some amazing tales of "old" Palm Springs, Frank Sinatra, Lucille Ball and the like. Not going to get that experience at the Outback down the street.

USMCsilver
10-17-2012, 09:40
I do and have been using an app that tells me that information. I was just in California and it was nice to have it right there on the menu.

As others have stated, it's a real eye opener when you see that your favorite "healthy" salad has 1200 calories in it. :shocked:

Isn't MFP (assuming that's what you're using) an awesome app?

I use it every time I'm about to eat (down 20 lbs and counting)!

michael_b
10-17-2012, 09:41
Well there's a surprise...

Are you Italian? Lol.... That's kind of all our views of OG lol.

Nick Di Paolo on Olive Garden

-On mobile

Chuck66
10-17-2012, 11:21

Hence your screen name? :whistling:

VELO
10-17-2012, 11:34
Hence your screen name? :whistling:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Brucev
10-17-2012, 11:35
I and my wife and dined at Olive garden in a number of locations. The service and food has always been excellent. Portion size has been more than adequate even to the point that occasionally one could not finish everything on the plate without being uncomfortably full.

686Owner
10-17-2012, 11:40
I and my wife and dined at Olive garden in a number of locations. The service and food has always been excellent. Portion size has been more than adequate even to the point that occasionally one could not finish everything on the plate without being uncomfortably full.

I was wondering that myself. I can't remember the last time I finished ALL of my food at a restaurant. The portion sizes are usually such that it exceeds the caloric intake that the average american male should have. :)

jtull7
10-17-2012, 11:43
Olive Garden is an American casual dining restaurant chain specializing in Italian-American cuisine. It is a subsidiary of Darden Restaurants, Inc., which is headquartered in unincorporated Orange County, Florida, near Orlando.[2] As of 2012, Olive Garden restaurants account for 45% of the sales generated by Darden.[3] Olive Garden operates more than 750 locations globally.

Red Lobster is an American casual dining restaurant chain that is owned and operated by Darden Restaurants, Inc., headquartered in Orlando, Florida. The company also has operations in Canada, the United Arab Emirates, and Japan. As of May 29, 2011, there are 698 Red Lobster locations worldwide.

So, there you have it.

Darden Restaurants, Inc. (NYSE: DRI) is a multi-brand restaurant operator headquartered in an unincorporated area in Orange County, Florida, near Orlando. The firm owns several casual dining restaurant chains, most notably Olive Garden, LongHorn Steakhouse, and Red Lobster. Darden owns and operates 1,936 restaurant locations throughout North America and has more than 180,000 employees, making it the largest full-service restaurant company in the world after Skylark, a full-service restaurant company with 3,680 restaurants based in Tokyo, Japan.

moeman
10-17-2012, 12:32
The Olive Garden is the Court ordered punshinment by italian food when compared to a top-notch italian restaurant.

Yes... the prices are fine...it's food lacks...

wjv
10-17-2012, 13:18
I've noticed that the their prices on everything but the basic meals are now stupidly expensive. . .

gwalchmai
10-17-2012, 13:59
I've noticed that the their prices on everything but the basic meals are now stupidly expensive. . .You can thank Hussein Obama for that.

Snaps
10-17-2012, 14:11
You can thank Hussein Obama for that.

yup, it's everywhere not just the olive garden.

Bren
10-17-2012, 14:39

Exactly...delicious. Especially those cheesey biscuits at the RL.

Snaps
10-17-2012, 14:47
The Olive Garden is the Court ordered punshinment by italian food when compared to a top-notch italian restaurant.

Yes... the prices are fine...it's food lacks...

I actually prefer it to our 'authentic family run italian in business for 30 years' place. And prices are probably 1/3 or so lower.

tantrix
10-17-2012, 14:55
Exactly...delicious. Especially those cheesey biscuits at the RL.

Just a heads-up...you can buy those at Sam's in bulk for a fraction of the price.

Red Lobster = seafood for those who live in culinary-challenged areas. :puking:

gwalchmai
10-17-2012, 15:14
Exactly...delicious. Especially those cheesey biscuits at the RL.I admit I AM partial to RL's biscuits. But the rest of their food is the suck.

jpa
10-17-2012, 15:25
Portions at Olive Garden are ridiculously small for the price. The only good deal they have is the "soup and salad".

Tip: the sauce for the breadsticks is extra charge. The waiters never mention this little detail when they offer it.

This is why you order the unlimited pasta. Order the pasta and sauce you want, then ask for extra of whatever sauce you want to dip the breadsticks in on the side. This is the easy way around it.

SGT HATRED
10-17-2012, 15:54
I worked at red lobster for 3 years. Those biscuits are simply pancake mix with cheddar cheese (3 parts mix 1 part cheese and a small amount of water). Occasionally we would run out mix and our manager would go across the street to costco and pick up family sized boxes of bisquic. No one could tell the difference.

bushjumper
10-17-2012, 23:06
Olive Garden is the only restaurant that ever gave me food poisoning. Woke up feeling like someone kicked me in the stomach and was sick for a full day and weak for the next.

CitizenOfDreams
10-17-2012, 23:09
I worked at red lobster for 3 years. Those biscuits are simply pancake mix with cheddar cheese

You ruined the magic... :crying:

Snaps
10-17-2012, 23:12
so since the Red Lobster biscuits have been outed, anybody know how to make the butter from Texas Road House?

SGT HATRED
10-17-2012, 23:16
You ruined the magic... :crying:

Nahh I provided the knowledge to make your own magic...:supergrin:

CitizenOfDreams
10-17-2012, 23:42
Nahh I provided the knowledge to make your own magic...:supergrin:

Well, it does sounds better when you put it that way. :supergrin:

skeeter7
10-18-2012, 01:24
so since the Red Lobster biscuits have been outed, anybody know how to make the butter from Texas Road House?

My wife makes it from time to time. She just mixes in a little brown sugar and cinnamon in with Country Crock. You can adjust the sugar and spice and experiment to your liking. That stuff is dangerous.

FPS
10-18-2012, 04:56
Thankfully, I've never been to an Olive Garden and after reading this thread I'm never going to go there.

Bren
10-18-2012, 05:16
I worked at red lobster for 3 years. Those biscuits are simply pancake mix with cheddar cheese (3 parts mix 1 part cheese and a small amount of water). Occasionally we would run out mix and our manager would go across the street to costco and pick up family sized boxes of bisquic. No one could tell the difference.

And they are good. Being easy to make just makes them that much better.

BTW, bisquick is just the dry ingredients for biscuits, pancakes, etc., already mixed together in proportion. I like it for making biscuits at home.

Bren
10-18-2012, 05:20
Red Lobster = seafood for those who live in culinary-challenged areas. :puking:

Maybe, but I've had more "authentic" seafood along the east coast, from Connecticut to Florida and Louisana. Every time I get some fried seafood it never tastes noticeably better than Red Lobster and is usually pretty bland by comparison.

The whole theme of "things are better just because they are more expensive or exclusive" is a common theme in Glock Talk, whether it's cars, watches or the love for H&K pistols.

DanaT
10-18-2012, 06:49
The whole theme of "things are better just because they are more expensive or exclusive" is a common theme in Glock Talk, whether it's cars, watches or the love for H&K pistols.

Go drive a dodge charger with a hemi (even an SRT) then try a Mercedes E550. After that come back and tell me how the charger is just as good.

certifiedfunds
10-18-2012, 06:56
Maybe, but I've had more "authentic" seafood along the east coast, from Connecticut to Florida and Louisana. Every time I get some fried seafood it never tastes noticeably better than Red Lobster and is usually pretty bland by comparison.

Then you haven't "authentic" Louisiana seafood. I'll agree that the states from CT to FL probably do compare to Red Lobster stuff that is pre-breaded and frozen.

Bren
10-18-2012, 07:21
Go drive a dodge charger with a hemi (even an SRT) then try a Mercedes E550. After that come back and tell me how the charger is just as good.

Suggesting I compare 2 specific cars you choose is hardly a response to what I said. However, of the 2, Id rather have the Dodge. I don't care for German cars at all - they share a lot in common with other German machines, in that they are more complicated, expensive and, often, more delicate than they need to be - either that or all the Mercedes drivers I know, including my wife's whole family, must be really hard on cars.

Drain You
10-18-2012, 07:49
Olive Garden is alright. I can usually get in and out for around $15

I love love love the salad and breadsticks.

certifiedfunds
10-18-2012, 08:14
Olive Garden is alright. I can usually get in and out for around $15

I love love love the salad and breadsticks.

Bread and lettuce $15

jknight8907
10-18-2012, 08:28

If you want truly good seafood, stop ordering everything FRIED.

VELO
10-18-2012, 09:55

Hi Bren,

I don't think there's anyone here saying that any other restaurant is better because it's more expensive or exclusive. In fact, most (myself included) have said that they prefer eateries other than chains because they provide a better product for the same money. If anything this is about spending your money more wisely than just spending more of it.

No offense intended here but I think your bias might have shown a bit with your reply. :wavey:

philipk
10-18-2012, 15:12
In fact, most (myself included) have said that they prefer eateries other than chains because they provide a better product for the same money. If anything this is about spending your money more wisely than just spending more of it.

I use to feel the way that you do. Then one of my friends became a health department inspector.

He said that roughly 75% of the locally owned restaurants had major kitchen problems. Of the 75%, about 30% were very dirty and 90% had food handling issues. The food handling issues involved lack of refrigeration and cross contamination.

The chain restaurants got about a 90% pass with the biggest problem being dirty filters. The reason is this. They have supervisors who make spot checks. Also a chain has more to lose if someone gets sick.

I know two restaurants in my home town that went out of business due to a hepatitis outbreak. One was called Jimmy's Italian and the other was called Chi-Chi's. The first was locally owned and I doubt if anyone here remembers them. The Chi-Chi's outbreak was 150 miles from our store. They all shut down and I bet most of you remember them.

Bottom line, local restaurants have a chance of having better tasting food. They also are much more likely to get you sick.

Chain restaurants have better consistency of mediocre food. They also are have better kitchens.

So pick your poison.

BTW

In the last six months I have gone to TGI Friday's and Ruby Tuesday's. I had not been to either restaurant in about 20 years. They really picked up their game as their food is better. Still not as good as our better local restaurants that I trust.

cromusz
10-18-2012, 15:13
My biggest gripe about OG compared to years ago has to deal with the breadsticks. They sure seem to be getting stingy!

G29Reload
10-18-2012, 15:14
I wonder if this is to get the calorie count down? Chain resturants in California are showing calorie counts on the menus. The calorie counts for some Italian food like the alfredos are obscene, 1700 calories or so for one meal. It really makes you think when ordering.

Olive Garden may be preparing for having to display calorie counts nationwide.

Or pissed off workers converted from FT to PT because of Obama care.

But WTF go to Olive garden anyway? went once years ago, overcooked pasta the consistency of sphagettios. Horrible.

In fact, I HAVE had Chefboyardee out of a can that tasted better. No foolin.

jknight8907
10-18-2012, 15:32
I use to feel the way that you do. Then one of my friends became a health department inspector.

He said that roughly 75% of the locally owned restaurants had major kitchen problems. Of the 75%, about 30% were very dirty and 90% had food handling issues. The food handling issues involved lack of refrigeration and cross contamination.

The chain restaurants got about a 90% pass with the biggest problem being dirty filters. The reason is this. They have supervisors who make spot checks. Also a chain has more to lose if someone gets sick.

I know two restaurants in my home town that went out of business due to a hepatitis outbreak. One was called Jimmy's Italian and the other was called Chi-Chi's. The first was locally owned and I doubt if anyone here remembers them. The Chi-Chi's outbreak was 150 miles from our store. They all shut down and I bet most of you remember them.

Bottom line, local restaurants have a chance of having better tasting food. They also are much more likely to get you sick.

Chain restaurants have better consistency of mediocre food. They also are have better kitchens.

So pick your poison.

BTW

In the last six months I have gone to TGI Friday's and Ruby Tuesday's. I had not been to either restaurant in about 20 years. They really picked up their game as their food is better. Still not as good as our better local restaurants that I trust.

Health department ratings are published. Look it up for restaurants you're interested in and go informed. I've only had food poisoning a few times, but in every case it was from a chain.

NOLA_glock
10-19-2012, 11:30
Suggesting I compare 2 specific cars you choose is hardly a response to what I said. However, of the 2, Id rather have the Dodge. I don't care for German cars at all - they share a lot in common with other German machines, in that they are more complicated, expensive and, often, more delicate than they need to be - either that or all the Mercedes drivers I know, including my wife's whole family, must be really hard on cars.

Maybe so. My girlfriend can't help but storm down the interstate in permanent "SCHNELL MODE, JA!!" (read in Ahnold voice) like der rote Baron behind the wheel of her Audi. :rofl:

eruby
10-19-2012, 13:23
My biggest gripe about OG compared to years ago has to deal with the breadsticks. They sure seem to be getting stingy!True, but they will bring you as many orders of 1 or 2 breadsticks as you want.

I think they are counting on people not wanting to keep asking.

tantrix
10-20-2012, 22:07
Good grief. Met a guy tonight that works at Olive Garden. He told me all their food is microwaved...including the pasta.

certifiedfunds
10-20-2012, 22:49

It is extremely rare for a chain to permit a store to ad lib like that. Extremely rare.

CitizenOfDreams
10-20-2012, 23:20
True, but they will bring you as many orders of 1 or 2 breadsticks as you want.

Problem is, by the time they bring you more breadsticks, you are already done with your dinner. As for the salad, last time they didn't even ask us if we wanted a refill, just hauled the empty bowl away. :shocked:

Seems like Olive Garden gets worse and worse as they search for more ways to save money.