Romney 77 percent chance winning popular vote [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Romney 77 percent chance winning popular vote

Diesel McBadass
10-17-2012, 08:00
http://www.campusreform.org/blog/?ID=4435

found this trolling through drudge, pretty interesting, i can see it happening too.

aircarver
10-17-2012, 08:02
... Perhaps America isn't going to engage in a suicide pact after all .... :supergrin:

Diesel McBadass
10-17-2012, 08:06
As we all know im a big fan of popular vote and think the electoral college is stoopid, but we can all agree if obummer loses popular vote we'll all feel good

GAFinch
10-17-2012, 08:13
In two polls released this week, Romney's numbers with women are 48-48 and 48-49.

Diesel McBadass
10-17-2012, 08:14
im waiting for post second debate polls

Berto
10-17-2012, 08:16
Awaiting Obamabot spin control.....

G29Reload
10-17-2012, 11:46
As we all know im a big fan of popular vote and think the electoral college is stoopid, but we can all agree if obummer loses popular vote we'll all feel good

The electoral college not only isn't stupid, its near genius. It prevents a handful of larger states from controlling elections.

countrygun
10-17-2012, 11:52
The electoral college not only isn't stupid, its near genius. It prevents a handful of larger states from controlling elections.

The only weakness to it is the States being allowed to set the apportionment rules and 48 of them choosing "winner take all".

Diesel McBadass
10-17-2012, 12:16

The electoral college isn't genius at all, it makes it winner take all in almost every state, nad most states are far enough to one side that they are completly avoided. Big states like california and new york automatically go to dems and give them a huge amount of points. Each election candidates just go back and forth between florida and ohio, only a few states ever matter and end up controlling the election.

If they had a system of splitting the vote (my state does) where candidates may actually have to travel around the country and deal with issues affecting every state, it would be a lot better, imo.

countrygun
10-17-2012, 12:29
The electoral college isn't genius at all, it makes it winner take all in almost every state, nad most states are far enough to one side that they are completly avoided. Big states like california and new york automatically go to dems and give them a huge amount of points. Each election candidates just go back and forth between florida and ohio, only a few states ever matter and end up controlling the election.

If they had a system of splitting the vote (my state does) where candidates may actually have to travel around the country and deal with issues affecting every state, it would be a lot better, imo.

That is the work of the State Legislatures. It does need changing. 2 States have a proportional allotment and more need to change.

Diesel McBadass
10-17-2012, 12:31
That is the work of the State Legislatures. It does need changing. 2 States have a proportional allotment and more need to change.

Yes they do, the idea it keeps certain states from controlling the election is dead wrong. My state is 1 point for southern district, 1 for north, 2 for state overall, so it can be a 3-1 split.

Im betting liberals would cry if they didnt automatically get 55 points out of commiefornia or 29 out of new york each year and conservatives suffering in those states got their vote heard.

countrygun
10-17-2012, 12:36
Yes they do, the idea it keeps certain states from controlling the election is dead wrong. My state is 1 point for southern district, 1 for north, 2 for state overall, so it can be a 3-1 split.

Im betting liberals would cry if they didnt automatically get 55 points out of commiefornia or 29 out of new york each year and conservatives suffering in those states got their vote heard.

The Fracking liberals take Oregon but not actually by much. Still. It is why I want all the Paulites and such to vote Romney. If we could squeak a Republican victory the Dems would scream for a change so THEY were represented, which would open the door for third parties to be represented, but NOOOOO they can't see that and are going to grease the Democratic win, thereby assuring third parties will never be represented.