Riots after the election? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Riots after the election?

BudMan5
10-17-2012, 08:39
Second City Cop, the Chicago PD is speculating about the department adminsitration's intent:

Riot Preparations? (http://secondcitycop.blogspot.com/)

(scroll down to the topic)

I am long retired and out of the loop but there seems to be a lot of speculation nation wide. This is the first I have seen where a major department leadership is looking at maybe preparing.

msu_grad_121
10-17-2012, 08:50
How sick is it that I'd almost welcome the riots, just so the world can see once and for all what a farce this President's term has been, and all those who got him elected?

Stay classy there, Obama voters.

AtlantaR6
10-17-2012, 08:52
http://secondcitycop.blogspot.ca/2012/10/riot-preparations.html

sheriff733
10-17-2012, 08:56
How sick is it that I'd almost welcome the riots, just so the world can see once and for all what a farce this President's term has been, and all those who got him elected?

Right there with you, bro.

golls17
10-17-2012, 09:13

It's sick, but since we live in a sick world, I guess I'd say it's normal...

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

RocPO
10-17-2012, 09:48
Bring on the riots.

Cochese
10-17-2012, 10:04
I guarantee them here in Denver.

Entitlementitis is strong here.

Ship A'Hoy
10-17-2012, 10:44
Someone will riot and loot if the O wins or loses.

Morris
10-17-2012, 11:00
If Romney wins by a close margin, then yes, there will be riots in the usual areas. Hell, these places riot after a sports team wins or loses so a riot over something bigger wouldn't surprise me.

blueiron
10-17-2012, 11:04
If the uneducable will willingly riot because a sports team wins a trophy, they'll riot because of their emotional and 'tribal' investiture.

PawDog
10-17-2012, 11:07

And, DC, Atlanta, Birmingham, Houston, LA, New Orleans, Philly, Baltimore..........it's actually a long list of possibilities, given the entitlement and "you owe me" mentality in these cities and many more.

F350
10-17-2012, 11:23

Makes me glad I'm on the conservative side of the mountain; I don't think anything will start here because there just aren't enough of the right people. If it does, there are plenty of that right kind of people to put a stop to it.

sugarcreek
10-17-2012, 11:26
Riots look bad for Democrats.

50 Cent
10-17-2012, 11:47

Has "looking bad" ever stopped them before??? :steamed:

Then again we in the south have a different take on that attitude:

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m145/The_Shootist/Public%20Pix/loot_we_shoot.jpg

:tongueout:

blueiron
10-17-2012, 12:05

With people like Debbie Wasserman Schultz, James Carville, Maxine Waters, Antonio Villar[aigosa], Joe Biden, et. al., do you really think they care about their actual public image?

Morris
10-17-2012, 12:06
In all seriousness, this will present a major issue for large city agencies already cash strapped. Expected overtime, equipment damage, officers hurt and off the road. Major riots are costly and in an economy that is still fragile, it will be painful.

blueiron
10-17-2012, 12:08
In all seriousness, this will present a major issue for large city agencies already cash strapped. Expected overtime, equipment damage, officers hurt and off the road. Major riots are costly and in an economy that is still fragile, it will be painful.

Their political co-conspirators and masters in Congress will simply borrow more money from the Red Chinese to pay for it, all in the name of urban renewal.

AtlantaR6
10-17-2012, 12:15

Someone should really tell the potential looters the negative ramifications on the economy if they pursue that course of action. I'd bet they never looked at it that way, but saw themselves just "blowing off a little steam" and "taking what they deserve"

blueiron
10-17-2012, 12:19
Someone should really tell the potential looters the negative ramifications on the economy if they pursue that course of action. I'd bet they never looked at it that way, but saw themselves just "blowing off a little steam" and "taking what they deserve"

The uneducated can't grasp the simple idea of actions have consequences. They'll never comprehend macroeconomic theory.

AtlantaR6
10-17-2012, 12:34
<sarcasm>

golls17
10-17-2012, 12:37

It'll be the same group either way.

PEC-Memphis
10-17-2012, 12:45

Someone the same people will riot and loot if the O wins or loses.

ETA: Doh! You beat me to it.

GRIMLET
10-17-2012, 14:25
And, DC, Atlanta, Birmingham, Houston, LA, New Orleans, Philly, Baltimore..........it's actually a long list of possibilities, given the entitlement and "you owe me" mentality in these cities and many more.

I agree with you but doubt New Orleans. Its not a riot place. Besides, NOPD isnt known for a hugs for thugs mentality.

Sharkey
10-17-2012, 14:27
If O wins, I'd like to see true conservatives and TP folks riot, er I mean use the clause in the Declaration of Independence to take back the govt. and return it to the people. Throw everyone in DC out on their a** and start anew using oh I don't know, maybe the Constitution.

Even if Mittens wins and he very well could, I'm not sure the Republic can save itself. If that is the case, expect A LOT of riots.

Texas357
10-17-2012, 15:54
If O wins, I'd like to see true conservatives and TP folks riot, er I mean use the clause in the Declaration of Independence to take back the govt. and return it to the people. Throw everyone in DC out on their a** and start anew using oh I don't know, maybe the Constitution.

Even if Mittens wins and he very well could, I'm not sure the Republic can save itself. If that is the case, expect A LOT of riots.

This time with less lawyers. We need accountants and engineers. Lawyers just want to make things more complicated, never mind if things will work or if we can afford them.

g2122
10-17-2012, 17:15
If Romney wins by a close margin, then yes, there will be riots in the usual areas. Hell, these places riot after a sports team wins or loses so a riot over something bigger wouldn't surprise me.

I agree with Morris. Let's see what happens if the Tigers wins the World Series.

Vigilant
10-17-2012, 17:23
The State would not call me in to assist for several reasons, although our higher level emergency response folks could quite possibly be dragged into it if things get really bad. Even so, if the authorities ever declare open season on rioters, Uncle Vigilant will very likely take some time off and go for a road trip.

Fortunately, in my immediate area, things are usually pretty sedate, but you never know.

Personally, I would love to see the bastards riot, and be met with a full auto response. Cut the bastards down.

Mass gunfire. The final solution to a riot.

lopak
10-17-2012, 18:01
In 1972 at Ft Bragg we trained in riot control formations.

One of the most effective looking was a moving front with fixed bayonets thrust in time with the advance.

I wonder if this is taught anymore.

blueiron
10-17-2012, 18:06

One of the most effective looking was a moving front with fixed bayonets thrust in time with the advance.

It's still taught, but the bayonets have been replaced with donated stuffed animals.

Not one police executive has the guts to authorize bayonets to ensure public safety.

Mrs.Cicero
10-17-2012, 18:13
I wonder if there will be anything left of Detroit.

Vigilant
10-17-2012, 18:38

Our SERT does something similar inside the fence, sustituting batons for bayonets.

I like bayonets.

blueiron
10-17-2012, 18:42

Other than the Tigers and the Red Wings, is there anything of significant value now?

Ohio Copper
10-17-2012, 18:42
I remember Y2K...:)

blueiron
10-17-2012, 18:52
I remember Y2K...:)

Don't overlook 21 December 2012 either!

guanoman
10-17-2012, 19:13

Right there with ya. Prepare either way. O loses, blacks will riot. O wins, bubbas will eventually riot, as the noose of Progressivism tightens around their necks. Just my two cents - can't afford much else....

guanoman
10-17-2012, 19:16

You actually think they care?

BudMan5
10-17-2012, 21:08
Sighn of things to come:

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/486665_10151202620880040_1821564152_n.jpg

golls17
10-17-2012, 22:12

Other than the officers there, I sure hope not... :whistling:

lawman800
10-18-2012, 00:50
The State would not call me in to assist for several reasons, although our higher level emergency response folks could quite possibly be dragged into it if things get really bad. Even so, if the authorities ever declare open season on rioters, Uncle Vigilant will very likely take some time off and go for a road trip.

Fortunately, in my immediate area, things are usually pretty sedate, but you never know.

Personally, I would love to see the bastards riot, and be met with a full auto response. Cut the bastards down.

Mass gunfire. The final solution to a riot.

Too expensive and noisy and messy.

Airstrike, napalm. Or just nuke it from orbit, it's the only way to make sure.:whistling:

Clutch Cargo
10-18-2012, 01:52
It's still taught, but the bayonets have been replaced with donated stuffed animals.

Not one police executive has the guts to authorize bayonets to ensure public safety.

Time for homeowners associations to start training.:supergrin:

merlynusn
10-18-2012, 04:27
I think that if it is close and Romney wins, there could very well be a riot. If it's a landslide either way, I doubt it. If O wins, I doubt they'll riot.

If Romney wins and takes away the entitlements or puts a time limit on them, then yes, there will be riots once those on entitlements (not talking Social Security or Medicare) have to get a real job or go hungry. They'd (generalization, not actually everyone) would rather riot and loot and pillage.

NEOH212
10-18-2012, 04:27

:wavey:

Let riots happen and take care of business the way it should be taken care of and send a message to all the wild animals in the streets to knock it off once and for all.

:50cal:

(It just needs to happen one time and I'd be willing to bet it wouldn't ever happen again. :whistling:)

clancy
10-18-2012, 04:55
This is what I get to listen to all day, every day, balring from a boom box at work:

Obama in the White House
or blood in the street
if he don't get back in
we the mutha!@#$% u gonna meet
I got me a 9
I got an AK
I got a shotgun
gonna take it all the way

this is just the first part of the Rap "song"

here is another:

i'm a cracka killa
gonna put whitey down
Obama my man
gotta spread the love around

Personally, I hope they riot.

lawman800
10-18-2012, 08:30
This is what I get to listen to all day, every day, balring from a boom box at work:

Obama in the White House
or blood in the street
if he don't get back in
we the mutha!@#$% u gonna meet
I got me a 9
I got an AK
I got a shotgun

this is just the first part of the Rap "song"

here is another:

i'm a cracka killa
gonna put whitey down
Obama my man
gotta spread the love around

Personally, I hope they riot.

I would file multiple complaints with HR until they do something or let it pile up and go to an outside agency like EEOC or DFEH if it keeps on being ignored. I know it's a long shot that anyone would give a hoot but you can't just let it go on, it empowers these people who think they got the right to do this.

Hack
10-18-2012, 16:03
I would file multiple complaints with HR until they do something or let it pile up and go to an outside agency like EEOC or DFEH if it keeps on being ignored. I know it's a long shot that anyone would give a hoot but you can't just let it go on, it empowers these people who think they got the right to do this.

:agree:

CJStudent
10-18-2012, 17:29

As do I.

clancy
10-18-2012, 18:40
Complaints have been filed at HR, several times. But as it is run by a very militant black woman the complaintants have had to take racial sensitivity trainings. She has even said in a meeting she sees nothing wrong with it, and we need to understand black culture and become more tolerant of young African American men's point of view.

I need the job, and stay as far away from HR as is possible.

CJStudent
10-18-2012, 19:29
Complaints have been filed at HR, several times. But as it is run by a very militant black woman the complaintants have had to take racial sensitivity trainings. She has even said in a meeting she sees nothing wrong with it, and we need to understand black culture and become more tolerant of young African American men's point of view.

Sounds like time to make an EEO complaint.

lawman800
10-18-2012, 19:36

I would then take this to your state DOJ (don't bother with the feds) and EEOC, if nothing else, to protect yourself from retaliation.

ETA: Oops, see CJ beat me to it.

Armchair Commando
10-18-2012, 19:38
:wavey:

Let riots happen and take care of business the way it should be taken care of and send a message to all the wild animals in the streets to knock it off once and for all.

:50cal:

(It just needs to happen one time and I'd be willing to bet it wouldn't ever happen again. :whistling:)

A suppressed 22 rifle will solve 95% of all problems.

CJStudent
10-18-2012, 19:41

And the other 5% are solved by the proper application of high explosives.

lawman800
10-18-2012, 20:15
And the other 5% are solved by the proper application of high explosives.

Is there ever an improper application as long as the enemy is hit?

CJStudent
10-18-2012, 20:19

Perhaps the correct term should have been the EFFICIENT use of high explosives, then.

msu_grad_121
10-18-2012, 20:36

Yeah, but there's something about a Ma Duece that a suppressed 22 rifle lacks. Some things in life are improved by style points, that's all I'm sayin. :supergrin:

janice6
10-18-2012, 20:44
If a riot is what it will take to get Obama out, then let them riot; I will be on defense of mine.

RussP
10-18-2012, 21:18
Big cities where this may happen, if you have a "gun buy back" program, use that money to buy cell phones. Throw them to the crowds as freebies from da po-po!!!!!!!!!

lawman800
10-18-2012, 22:41
Perhaps the correct term should have been the EFFICIENT use of high explosives, then.

Efficiency is good, but man, but there is something to be said about overkill... if it's worth killing, it's worth overkilling!

Dalton Wayne
10-19-2012, 01:38
I have seen tweets that say they are going to riot

tadbart
10-19-2012, 01:57
I'm working in an ER in a predominantly poor black hood election night.

might break a few HR rules that night...

clancy
10-19-2012, 03:45
I have seen tweets that say they are going to riot

Tweets? Hell, I get told everyday they are going to riot if Obama loses. They even say they are going to riot if he wins.
About 40% of the guys I work with are black. Mostly young, and they just don't give a damn about anything.

I really hope they do.

lawman800
10-19-2012, 08:37
This time, maybe some of the rioters will learn an expensive lesson.

golls17
10-19-2012, 09:33
I got me a 9
I got an AK
I got a shotgun

But I bet he like's O's take on gun control nevertheless...:upeyes:

lawman800
10-19-2012, 10:23
But I bet he like's O's take on gun control nevertheless...:upeyes:

But gun bans only affect legal guns so his are okay.:whistling:

guanoman
10-20-2012, 16:55
So, kinda like picking the correct wine with a specific meal, which caliber would go best with a riot?

engineer151515
10-20-2012, 16:58
This time with less lawyers. We need accountants and engineers. Lawyers just want to make things more complicated, never mind if things will work or if we can afford them.

Thank you.

:supergrin:

<<< don't have my TX PE but can get one fairly quickly.

clancy
10-20-2012, 17:25
So, kinda like picking the correct wine with a specific meal, which caliber would go best with a riot?

I would choose my 8mm Mauser for anything over 50 yards, my 12 gauge for anything under 50 yards, and if they get past those I have a variety of pistol calibers to chose from, .38special, 9mm, .40S&W, .357magnum and .45acp.

I think I pretty much have it covered.

Clutch Cargo
10-20-2012, 18:17

They NEVER have. Why would this time be any different?

MB_G19
10-20-2012, 19:27

lawman800
10-20-2012, 21:47
They NEVER have. Why would this time be any different?

Because they have never been repelled with overwhelming force before. Hopefully, the American people have had enough of this and will not let these thugs intimidate and threaten our way of life anymore.

But I am being optimistic here, eh?

Vigilant
10-20-2012, 21:57
The only way we will ever get their attention is to mow the bastards down. They will read that loud and clear.

lawman800
10-20-2012, 21:59
The only way we will ever get their attention is to mow the bastards down. They will read that loud and clear.

That's why I love the all American Ma Deuce and M1919A4.:supergrin:

Vigilant
10-20-2012, 22:09

In the immortal words of Ed McMahon,

YOU ARE CORRECT, SIR.

Bucque Faracque.

lawman800
10-20-2012, 22:13
In the immortal words of Ed McMahon,

YOU ARE CORRECT, SIR.

Bucque Faracque.

Bahk Phahrock?

Vigilant
10-20-2012, 22:15
Bahk Phahrock?

That too.

Hack
10-20-2012, 22:33
I would then take this to your state DOJ (don't bother with the feds) and EEOC, if nothing else, to protect yourself from retaliation.

ETA: Oops, see CJ beat me to it.

State level first. Feds? It should be done first at the state level.

Vigilant
10-20-2012, 22:44
State level first. Feds? It should be done first at the state level.

Probably a waste of time, unless you are a member of one of their stinking 'protected classes'. Been there, done that at the state level here.

Uck-bay Arack-fay.

Hack
10-20-2012, 22:52
Probably a waste of time, unless you are a member of one of their stinking 'protected classes'. Been there, done that at the state level here.

Uck-bay Arack-fay.

I don't know about here, whether it would work out well for the individual concerned or not. I know while at work a person or a group of persons cannot spread that junk around, as most of us there will not put up with it. But, that's here.

JuneyBooney
10-21-2012, 01:37

I agree.

domin8ss
10-21-2012, 02:43
Big cities where this may happen, if you have a "gun buy back" program, use that money to buy cell phones. Throw them to the crowds as freebies from da po-po!!!!!!!!!

I have about 5 old cell phones with dead batteries sitting around I wouldn't mind throwing into a crowd of approaching rioters. It'll be fun to watch them fight each other as I pick them off.

Hack
10-21-2012, 02:59
I have about 5 old cell phones with dead batteries sitting around I wouldn't mind throwing into a crowd of approaching rioters. It'll be fun to watch them fight each other as I pick them off.

Would they really though? I mean think about it, the average citizen has cell phones in areas of the country that service is available. They are available cheaply at Walmart, and some gas stations and convenience stores even carry them.:dunno:

kirgi08
10-21-2012, 09:39
Too expensive and noisy and messy.

Airstrike, napalm. Or just nuke it from orbit, it's the only way to make sure.:whistling:

Efficiency is good, but man, but there is something to be said about overkill... if it's worth killing, it's worth overkilling!

But gun bans only affect legal guns so his are okay.:whistling:

Because they have never been repelled with overwhelming force before. Hopefully, the American people have had enough of this and will not let these thugs intimidate and threaten our way of life anymore.

But I am being optimistic here, eh?

Bahk Phahrock?

My friend,we should call you butter,because youse on a roll. :rofl:

As ta the thread.'08. :wow:

lawman800
10-21-2012, 11:56
My friend,we should call you butter,because youse on a roll. :rofl:

As ta the thread.'08. :wow:

Much appreciated, I'm here all week, folks! Try the steak, tip the waitress!:embarassed:

steveksux
10-21-2012, 14:14

We didn't riot during the Rodney King episode, so I think you're overly pessimistic of the people and overly optimistic about the number of businesses left in the city that are functioning to the point of being worth the trouble to loot...

Randy

Patchman
10-21-2012, 14:35

Don't forget to send D-cell batteries via airmail... :whistling:

domin8ss
10-22-2012, 08:58
Don't forget to send D-cell batteries via airmail... :whistling:

Good point. Fortunately, I do have a stash of those too. I usually have a surplus of those for my large Maglite flashlights, which can double as a club should the batteries die.

Paul53
10-22-2012, 17:45
At least 3 threads going on this topic now. My prediction:

Romney wins, the 47% riot.
Obama wins, the 1% riot.

guanoman
10-22-2012, 18:24
At least 3 threads going on this topic now. My prediction:

Romney wins, the 47% riot.
Obama wins, the 1% riot.

Nah, the 1% won't riot. They'll simply move to a country that likes them and their wealth preservation more than the U.S.S. of A. does. Then, it's lights out....

lawman800
10-23-2012, 00:37
Good point. Fortunately, I do have a stash of those too. I usually have a surplus of those for my large Maglite flashlights, which can double as a club should the batteries die.

They do nicely as clubs even when the batteries are working.:whistling:

Kramer
10-28-2012, 07:12
Does anyone agree that this situalion parallels the famed but ficticious zombie apocalypse? It has all the markers. Mindless beasts pouring out of the cities,into the burbs.

Deployment Solu
10-28-2012, 07:24
Rioting will likely produce gunfire, gunfire frightens our ghetto thug population and the OWS crowd. They want defenseless people to intimidate. I predict rioters will likely collect bullets, but hey, who'd gonna riot in Arkansas?? It wouldn't last long. A Jenning or Lorcin against a G17 or high cap rifle?...... not to mention the thugs rarely have a spare mag and like the sammies, can't generally shoot for ****!!!

railfancwb
10-28-2012, 07:51

Didn't Obama say we have less bayonets?

kirgi08
10-28-2012, 08:38
Adapt and overcome.'08.

Morris
10-29-2012, 00:41
If this can happen over just the World Series:

http://www.sfgate.com/giants/article/S-F-Giants-fans-delirious-with-joy-3989086.php#photo-3657719

Then it will certainly happen if Obama loses by a small margin.

lawman800
10-29-2012, 01:42

http://www.sfgate.com/giants/article/S-F-Giants-fans-delirious-with-joy-3989086.php#photo-3657719

I think the margin doesn't matter. As long as the recipient class and race baiters don't get their way, they will instigate and riot. Even if Romney got 99.78607516051% of the vote, they will call racism or cheating or whatever and riot. It's a given.

merlynusn
10-29-2012, 07:02

I agree. Hold on, it's going to get bumpy.

A6Gator
10-29-2012, 10:36
Besides, calling it "looting" is so racist. It's now "wealth sharing..." :supergrin:

Hack
10-29-2012, 10:44
Does anyone agree that this situalion parallels the famed but ficticious zombie apocalypse? It has all the markers. Mindless beasts pouring out of the cities,into the burbs.

Why yes it does. Keep anything above at 9mm Luger or above handy for head shots.:whistling:

Keep a sharp cooks knife, or a combat knife handy for arterial laceration.

Hack
10-29-2012, 10:45
Besides, calling it "looting" is so racist. It's now "wealth sharing..." :supergrin:

Well, I guess I am ... not politically correct, and will ever be such.:whistling:

janice6
10-29-2012, 10:46

"Anything worth doing, is worth doing to excess." Me.

Hack
10-29-2012, 10:50
I think the margin doesn't matter. As long as the recipient class and race baiters don't get their way, they will instigate and riot. Even if Romney got 99.78607516051% of the vote, they will call racism or cheating or whatever and riot. It's a given.

I agree. It is going to be interesting election day before even a decision is made around here. This year they have scanning equipment to verify state ID/Driver licence. Last time they didn't have it, and had people pulling all kinds of shenanigans to get a provisional ballot just for my precinct. Who knows how many others they went to along with the one I was at, for additional voting ballots. But, I don't recall hearing anything concerning intimidation tactics.

lawman800
10-29-2012, 23:51

Involuntary or mandatory charitable contribution?:whistling:

Who knows how many others they went to along with the one I was at, for additional voting ballots.

I've mentioned here before about finding some unknown Democrat registered to my house address. I made sure the poll workers there knew and told them they better communicate it to the Registrar to get that person off my roll.

I'll see if they actually did it this time when I go check next week.