Intruder shooting prompts weapon permit questions [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Intruder shooting prompts weapon permit questions

TBO
10-17-2012, 09:17
http://www.kwwl.com/story/19826607/dubuque-intruder-shooting-prompts-weapon-permit-questions

TK-421
10-17-2012, 09:31
I think the shooting was justified, if the article is correct, but he should be in trouble for the marijuana. However, according to the article, the law says they have to be addicted to a controlled substance to be able to deny them a permit. As long as he's not addicted to marijuana, then I don't think they can take away his permit.

nmk
10-17-2012, 09:44
I'm a fan of Stacey's comment at the bottom of the article.

Did the other guy have a permit to carry the crowbar??

WarCry
10-17-2012, 10:10
I think the shooting was justified, if the article is correct, but he should be in trouble for the marijuana. However, according to the article, the law says they have to be addicted to a controlled substance to be able to deny them a permit. As long as he's not addicted to marijuana, then I don't think they can take away his permit.

I would actually like to look at the way the law's written, because I'm willing to bet there's a "definitions" section that talks about what they define as "addicted". Usually it has to do with the number of arrests and/or charges related to the subject.

.264 magnum
10-17-2012, 11:15
1. Maybe the guy should lose his permit. I don't know.

2. Unless Iowa is really FUBARed that guy does not need a permit in his domicile. Please tell me he does not.

Peace Warrior
10-17-2012, 11:57
Independent news outlets predicted this type of thing a while back... maybe as much as a year IIRC. Any excuse the 'federalies' can find or make up, in order to take someone's firearm(s), will be exhausted.

Interestingly, eric holder jr. can break over a dozen laws, several of which are felonies, and still be allowed to CC as well as take permits from people who smoked a joint, a misdemeanor in most places, simply because he deems them addicted and or criminals.

holder Jr's gun control coming soon to a State/City/street/house near you.