George Zimmerman trial date set (June 10) [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : George Zimmerman trial date set (June 10)

TBO
10-17-2012, 11:16
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/trayvon-martin/os-george-zimmerman-docket-sounding-20121017,0,3121347.story

OctoberRust
10-17-2012, 11:18
....And riots shortly after he's found innocent. Oh lawd.

SC Tiger
10-17-2012, 11:24

I am actually concerned about this. I will be staying out of major metropolitan areas the day the verdict is announced.

Normally I don't get too concerned about "mass rioting" and that kind of thing but for some reason I actually believe it could happen in this case.

sheriff733
10-17-2012, 11:27
Oh lawd.

:rofl:

Fox
10-17-2012, 11:42
It's a shame that this trial did not come before the election.

Yes, it would be good for the evidence to come out that will vindicate Zimmerman and expose the prosecution for the political sham that it is. If the Obama voters riot and burn a few cities then it would be good for voters to see that too.

maximus1079
10-17-2012, 11:46
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/trayvon-martin/os-george-zimmerman-docket-sounding-20121017,0,3121347.story
So because Zimmerman described Martin as african american to the 911 dispatcher he racially profiled him? Does that make ALL LEO racists for having to physically describe a suspect?? Just voicing this still burning confusion in my mind. I think in the future if I have to describe an event involving a crime to law enforcement I will just give height, weight, and declare myself colorblind to all other aspects of the incident :faint:

collim1
10-17-2012, 13:39
I think he will be found innocent. Is his state one that does not allow civil wrongful death suits if he is found innocent?

Little Joe
10-17-2012, 14:38
I wonder when CBS' civil court date trial begins for doctoring the tape against him.

Little Joe
10-17-2012, 14:56
I think somebody at CBS should face charges for doctoring evidence.

crazycooter91
10-17-2012, 15:01
saw this today when I logged onto the web...sad that a case of self defense got taken this far

JBnTX
10-17-2012, 15:03
It's never going to go to trial.

A deal will be made for him to plead guilty to involuntary manslaughter and get probation.

They don't dare risk him being found not guilty and riots burn down half of this country.

ColdSteelNail
10-17-2012, 15:06
I just don't know how an unarmed teenager in a decent neighborhood can walk to the store to get candy and a drink get shot dead on the way back and somehow it's his fault. I don't know what happened but Zimmerman would have a lot of explaining to do if I were on the jury.

sheriff733
10-17-2012, 15:10
I just don't know how an unarmed teenager in a decent neighborhood can walk to the store to get candy and a drink get shot dead on the way back and somehow it's his fault. I don't know what happened but Zimmerman would have a lot of explaining to do if I were on the jury.

It's rough out there in the real world.

Better just stay inside.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

JBnTX
10-17-2012, 15:11

He should have stayed in his vehicle like he was supposed to and observe and report.

None of this would have happened if he'd stayed in his vehicle and let the cops do their job.

Little Joe
10-17-2012, 15:27
If Trayvon Martin had kept his violence to himself none this would have happened. You can't bash somebody's brains out on the concrete.

gwalchmai
10-17-2012, 15:32
....And riots shortly after he's found innocent. Oh lawd.Hmm, you think that by June they'll be over the comeuppance they're gonna get during the riots after Obama loses?

Snaps
10-17-2012, 15:55
Won't be a trial, they'll arrest his wife again, or his mother, grandfather, friends etc until he accepts that he's going to say he's guilty.

nmk
10-17-2012, 15:56

What an accurate, complete description. :upeyes:

Snaps
10-17-2012, 15:57
What an accurate, complete description. :upeyes:

I don't know how a nice father/ community volunteer can't do a neighborhood watch patrol without some gangbanger wanna be drug dealing 2pack impersonator trying to beat him to death.

Bruce H
10-17-2012, 16:32
Smooth move. Schedule after the elections. With the resulting riots when Obama looses charges will be dropped. If the prosecution tries the case they loose very badly.

frank4570
10-17-2012, 16:44
Funny how attacking somebody and banging their head on the concrete will get you shot.
He never should have been charged.

Fungunner
10-17-2012, 17:26
Have the kangaroos been preselected to serve as Jurors, by an impartial selection committee, working for Gallup Polling?

M&P Shooter
10-17-2012, 17:30
I have plenty of AR & AK mags and ammo, lets party:cool:

DairyFresh
10-17-2012, 17:53
Don't be afraid to donate to his defense fund, I sent some money, because I want to support the side of self defense.

*ASH*
10-17-2012, 18:42
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e332/KK_Koala/lawd.jpg

cqb451
10-17-2012, 20:39

I just don't know how a neighborhood watch person could be pinned to the sidewalk having his head slammed repeatedly into the sidewalk to the point of bloody injuries by a tatooed thug wannabe that outweighed and outsized him and then defended himself be guilty......If I were on the jury the prosecutor and investigator(s) would have a lot of explaining to do.

Of course if the media hadn't shoved angelic photos of a darling 13 yr old in our faces instead of the most current photos of the deceased the verdict would not have been decided by the Oprahites.

njl
10-17-2012, 22:32
I haven't followed this case recently, but does the trial date being set mean that the stand your ground defense is dead? Wouldn't that have prevented it from going to trial?

frank4570
10-17-2012, 22:41
I haven't followed this case recently, but does the trial date being set mean that the stand your ground defense is dead? Wouldn't that have prevented it from going to trial?

Nope. There is a grey area according to some. That is why we are going to trial.

Drain You
10-17-2012, 22:49

Or guilty.

They'll riot anyway. Because outrage makes you want to hurt innocent people/get flatscreen tv. Joy makes you want to hurt innocent people/get flatscreen tv.

Snaps
10-17-2012, 22:53
Or guilty.

They'll riot anyway. Because outrage makes you want to hurt innocent people/get flatscreen tv. Joy makes you want to hurt innocent people/get flatscreen tv.

so really they're just animals looking for any excuse to act like such and destroy things, steal, start fires etc?

domin8ss
10-17-2012, 22:58
Or guilty.

Lol. I'm loaded and ready. If they are foolish to try I'll defend myself.

rmc85
10-17-2012, 23:37
It's never going to go to trial.

A deal will be made for him to plead guilty to involuntary manslaughter and get probation.

They don't dare risk him being found not guilty and riots burn down half of this country.

Did you miss all of the Casey Anthony crap?

Snaps
10-17-2012, 23:38
Did you miss all of the Casey Anthony crap?
The case where a woman was falsely accused with absolutely zero evidence and people were irate she was found not guilty?

rmc85
10-17-2012, 23:46
The case where a woman was falsely accused with absolutely zero evidence and people were irate she was found not guilty?

Yes. Zimmerman is Anthony #2.

Tiro Fijo
10-18-2012, 00:00

:upeyes:

gwalchmai
10-18-2012, 04:39
so really they're just animals looking for any excuse to act like such and destroy things, steal, start fires etc?Sad to put it that way, but as Darwin noted, when species evolve into niches they tend to take on the characteristics required to fill those niches. Hence finches took on the characteristics of other bird species which filled similar niches in other locations. An aboriginal child being mauled by a "marsupial wolf" may not fully appreciate the distinction between that and a "traditional" wolf, and may not really care.

Similarly, property owners who see their stores looted after every news event may not fully appreciate the distinction between "historically deprived minorities seeking to vent their frustrations with institutional racism" and "animals looking for any excuse to act like such and destroy things, steal, start fires etc."

i.e., if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, you should probably grab some plum sauce.

FPS
10-18-2012, 04:49
I hope Romney wins the election so he can "have a beer" with Zimmerman after he walks.

Priceless.

Psychman
10-18-2012, 04:53
Jury selection will be crucial in this case. I hope the defense has some really good jury selection experts on board for the voir dire.

gwalchmai
10-18-2012, 05:31
I hope Romney wins the election so he can "have a beer" with Zimmerman after he walks.
And a Presidential pardon if he gets railroaded.

(If there are any left after Zero pardons all his people...)

SC Tiger
10-18-2012, 06:42
And a Presidential pardon if he gets railroaded.

(If there are any left after Zero pardons all his people...)

I don't know that he could - murder is a state crime. That is why the feds try to prosecute murders as "violation of civil rights" when they go after a murderer.

gwalchmai
10-18-2012, 07:05
I don't know that he could - murder is a state crime. That is why the feds try to prosecute murders as "violation of civil rights" when they go after a murderer.Good point. I guess he'd have to ask the gov of FL nicely...

mgs
10-18-2012, 07:18
June 10th, 2013? That's speedy justice! Imagine sitting in jail close to a year before a trial.....happened to my nephew (no bail). He was accused of murdering his wife while he was work all day and he had plenty of witnesses including his boss. He lost his home, kids, everything and could not even go to her funeral! The Judge threw out the case within minutes and scolded the Prosecuter because he had little or no evidence. So a year goes by and the murderer is still out there and it's now a cold case......only in America. BTW....Oklahoma City. He's fighting to get his children back from his wifes parents and his Boss hired him back with a pay increase to help his financial situation. There are some good people out there!

IvanVic
10-18-2012, 07:18
I just don't know how a neighborhood watch person could be pinned to the sidewalk having his head slammed repeatedly into the sidewalk to the point of bloody injuries by a tatooed thug wannabe that outweighed and outsized him and then defended himself be guilty......If I were on the jury the prosecutor and investigator(s) would have a lot of explaining to do.

Of course if the media hadn't shoved angelic photos of a darling 13 yr old in our faces instead of the most current photos of the deceased the verdict would not have been decided by the Oprahites.

I like how you accuse him of making assertions that he cannot attest to, and then you go on to do the exact same thing. Hilarious.

Unless you were there, you don't know who attacked who, or who provoked who. Anyone speculating and making assumptions is simply supporting the agenda they would have regardless of who was at fault here.

OctoberRust
10-18-2012, 07:23
Hmm, you think that by June they'll be over the comeuppance they're gonna get during the riots after Obama loses?

To be honest, they'll riot or flash mob anyways. They just use political/judicial issues such as these for a scapegoat for their idiotic actions.

mgs
10-18-2012, 07:29

Well done!!! Pictures speak volumes.....if they are used properly and in context.

GWSHARK
10-18-2012, 13:28

Yall have been calling for riots for quite some time now.

JLB768
10-18-2012, 13:45
If we have riots, national guard outta be called in, and an example made with live ammo.

coqui33
10-18-2012, 13:57
If we have riots, national guard outta be called in, and an example made with live ammo.
Never happen. For a couple of decades now, law enforcement policy across the nation has been to NOT use force against race rioters. They fear that force will just make the riots worse. Race riots happen all the time and are routinely covered up, not opposed. See Colin Flaherty, White Girl Bleed a Lot 5th Ed. for details.

OctoberRust
10-18-2012, 14:02
Yall have been calling for riots for quite some time now.

Who's yall? :dunno:

JLB768
10-18-2012, 14:05
Never happen. For a couple of decades now, law enforcement policy across the nation has been to NOT use force against race rioters.

And that is why we still have riots/mass lootings. Start sending them to the afterlife, others may see that burning down someone's business, might be hazardous to their health.

r3dot
12-03-2012, 18:24
New photo introduced as evidence:
http://news.yahoo.com/bloody-photo-trayvon-martins-killer-released-200804168.html

jdavionic
12-03-2012, 18:39
I just hope my daughter is not down there when the verdict is read, regardless of what the verdict is.

ICARRY2
12-03-2012, 18:41
I hope there are riots either way.

Make more people think about buying a gun to protect themselves.

Little Joe
12-03-2012, 18:44
Is he out on bail?

Andy123
12-03-2012, 18:46
A couple of generic points. This is just the first trial date. Unless the judge is a real hard-ass, it is highly unlikely that the trial will actually start on that trial date.

Zimmerman waived his speedy trial right.

Zimmerman can still assert his SYG defense in a separate hearing prior to trial, if he chooses. Whether he should or not is a matter facts, available testimony, judicial disposition, and strategy.

Carry on.

HexHead
12-03-2012, 18:52
He should have stayed in his vehicle like he was supposed to and observe and report.

None of this would have happened if he'd stayed in his vehicle and let the cops do their job.

You mean the same cops that every time they were called in the past got there too late to find any perps?

And what do mean stayed in his vehicle like he was supposed to? He was already out of the vehicle when the dispatcher said "we don't need you to do that". Then he replied "okay" and was headed back to his vehicle when that little thug bastard attacked him.

cowboywannabe
12-03-2012, 18:56
they will threaten him so much with .......bla bla bla so he will take a plea deal.

he will cop a plea.

ray9898
12-03-2012, 19:54
I don't know who was right or wrong, the only thing I find funny is that so many ignore that Martin could have been the one lawfully using self defense. No one knows who initiated the confrontation and if it was Zimmerman then it is an entirely different ballgame. You only have the account of the one left alive who we know was following him, it is not too far out to think someone doing that may try to physically detain someone if they find what they are looking for?

njl
12-03-2012, 20:38
I don't know who was right or wrong, the only thing I find funny is that so many ignore that Martin could have been the one lawfully using self defense. No one knows who initiated the confrontation and if it was Zimmerman then it is an entirely different ballgame. You only have the account of the one left alive who we know was following him, it is not too far out to think someone doing that may try to physically detain someone if they find what they are looking for?

Could be...but the autopsy report on Martin only documented two injuries. Gun shot wound to the chest and banged up bloody knuckles. Combined with the physical evidence on Zimmerman and eye witness testimony, you don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to deduce that Martin was beating Zimmerman when shot.

Hurricanes
12-03-2012, 20:58
While Zimmerman had the right to defend himself, it never would have come to this had he stayed in his car.

Will Zimmerman get a fair trial, I don't know. What I do know is I'm sure the blacks will complain no matter the outcome. Guilty or not.
-Joel

gjk5
12-03-2012, 21:10
duck, quack blah blah blah.

Obviously it is for a jury to decide, I personally think it seems FAIRLY clear cut, but I was not there nor am I on the jury.

It's funny how GNG can be all over the place though, I thought Joe Horn was a retard and had no business shooting those guys, but most of GNG sure was up in arms about it!

But then again, they were just a little dark, they didn't get full media press like old Trayvon......

ray9898
12-03-2012, 22:08
Could be...but the autopsy report on Martin only documented two injuries. Gun shot wound to the chest and banged up bloody knuckles. Combined with the physical evidence on Zimmerman and eye witness testimony, you don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to deduce that Martin was beating Zimmerman when shot.

Actually, the only injury found to Martin other than the GSW was "a small abrasion on his left ring finger below the knuckle". It know it doesn't sound a shocking but "banged up bloody knuckles".

My point was Martin was unarmed, Zimmerman had a gun. Zimmerman was looking for Martin, Martin was avoiding Zimmerman. Undisputed.

The unknown is who initiated the confrontation because you only have the word of the survivor. It is not unreasonable to question that sequence since it is logical that someone looking for another would likely act if they found them.

If Zimmerman threatened or implied he would use that level of force to unlawfully detain Martin then it would be Martin who was justified in self defense. He would technically be justified even up to deadly force himself, with his bare hands if needed. Winning a fight in self defense does not automatically create a victim.

Fox
12-04-2012, 01:16
The trial is going to be a legal lynching and it's really about eliminating CCW.

NBC edited the audio tape of the 911 phone call. It was disinformation calculated to enrage minority voters and bring them out enmasse on election day for Democrats. It's also about building up political momentum for gun control.

MtBaldy
12-04-2012, 01:28
My point was Martin was unarmed, Zimmerman had a gun. Zimmerman was looking for Martin, Martin was avoiding Zimmerman. Undisputed.

Wrong. Martin was stalking Zimmerman so he could punish him for the crime of "dissing" him. Zimmerman was following the, non-binding, suggestion of the dispatcher to stop following Martin and returning to his vehicle when the not-so-little gang banger thug Martin accosted him. This has been Zimmerman's story from the start and is supported by the evidence.

Beretta92guy
12-04-2012, 01:35
two places you never want to end up: a hospital or a court room.....

and if i were George Z. i would be scared to death, even though i know i acted in self-defense.....

the court system in this country is so corrupt.....we have people on death row based on the evidence of one pubic-hair, then we had some goon ex-football player murder his wife and friend with a mountain of evidence against him, and he walks free......

you had the ghetto-goons burn down half of LA when rodney kings beaters went to trial and found not guilty, they had to be appeased so they made sure they were convicted in a civil trial....

we have a supreme court justice who, being completely "unbiased", LMFAO.... shoved obamacare down our throats as a "tax"....

I know one thing, i would not want to be some "regular joe" on trial for anything, especially shooting some "poor black kid on his way home with some skittles and soda".....

and im sure when he is acquitted, all the ghetto-rats will burn the town down and a lot more innocent people will suffer :(

ray9898
12-04-2012, 08:19
Wrong. Martin was stalking Zimmerman so he could punish him for the crime of "dissing" him. Zimmerman was following the, non-binding, suggestion of the dispatcher to stop following Martin and returning to his vehicle when the not-so-little gang banger thug Martin accosted him. This has been Zimmerman's story from the start and is supported by the evidence.

LOL....once again the point is missed. There is no proof of this other than the account of the survivor. All you have is the placement of his truck and the fact the shooting happened a good distance from it behind a row of houses.

He is the person with the most to gain and would not be the first to lie to avoid accountability.

I am not taking a side, I wasn't there and I don't know who was right or wrong. I am just pointing out questions that many blatantly overlook.

njl
12-04-2012, 09:19
Keep in mind that in this country, you're supposed to be innocent until proven guilty. If the state has no case (no evidence to the contrary of the evidence that's been made public and Zimmerman's testimony), then regardless of whatever the truth is, he must be acquitted. I don't know if the state is hoping they can field a jury as dumb as the OJ jury and railroad Zimmerman, or if they're hoping that after a long delay, tempers will have cooled, and rioting can be avoided when Zimmerman goes free...but it sucks what they've done to him and how this case has been handled.

TBO
12-04-2012, 09:28
Gents,

The dissenting views on criminal guilt will have to wait for the trial.

Respectfully

TBO
-----------------------------
Yall have been calling for riots for quite some time now.Do you believe there's a chance for riot(s)?

kirgi08
12-04-2012, 10:18
:agree:

kirgi08
12-04-2012, 10:19
:tempted:

TBO
12-04-2012, 10:23
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v90/TheeBadOne/TBO/AngelDevil2.gif

Little Joe
12-04-2012, 11:10
Free Z! Free Z! Free Z! :supergrin: