How to *****slap [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : How to *****slap

Cochese
10-17-2012, 16:50
Rule number one, if you want to ***** slap a cop, make sure you aren't a little ***** yourself. :supergrin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6cEimuljhI&feature=youtu.be

RyanNREMTP
10-17-2012, 16:57
This stuff happens every year everywhere and yet people still don't learn.

rockapede
10-17-2012, 17:05
I used to get discouraged by the comments on vids like that....I don't know if my sense of humor has just gotten twisted or what, but now I just laugh.

GRIMLET
10-17-2012, 17:11
That was awesome!
Obligatory girlfriend/wife trying to de-escalate and then cry over cuffed perp
Nice forgiving technique to the face with baton
Obligatory butt crack shot
Clapping by joe citizen in support of police

mj9mm
10-17-2012, 17:29
thats gotta leave a mark,:whistling:

Mayhem like Me
10-17-2012, 17:40
Faces make good back stops to collapse your ASP...or not...

collim1
10-17-2012, 17:44
My blood pressure went up when he missed the best oppurtunity to handcuff him. When you knock a guy out they tend to wake up swinging.

And yes, the baton to the face was nice. Clearly not intentional, it was in his hand and his first reaction just happened to have a baton in it.

blueiron
10-17-2012, 17:59
thats gotta leave a mark,:whistling:

..and boy, should it!

CJStudent
10-17-2012, 18:53
Betcha he knows not to do that again.......

Bren
10-17-2012, 19:08
That was awesome!
Obligatory girlfriend/wife trying to de-escalate

:rofl::rofl:

Was that sarcasm?

janice6
10-17-2012, 19:21
Good for the cop.

Being a big dick doesn't make you a big man.

GRIMLET
10-17-2012, 19:35
:rofl::rofl:

Was that sarcasm?

This time it appeared she was trying to talk Mr. Stupid down from his pedestal. She seemed to show empathy for the LE trying to do their job. At least thats how my report would read,
even his girlfriend recognized his instability and hyper-aggressive behavior. She repeatedly tried to calm Mr. S to no avail. While attempting to converse with Mr. S about his disorderly conduct, he physically assaulted me by hitting me on the face. And so on....

She didn't impede the LE there.
Smart girl.

Ignore the lower. I have a new iphone and cant figure out to type and see the last line on the screen and correct it. If any ideas, please pm. Thanks.
me by striking me inface

glock_collector
10-17-2012, 19:56
Probable best I'm not a cop, I woulda put my baton on colon inspection duty...and cuffed him in the front...

x_out86
10-17-2012, 20:01
About time we see a video where the officer didnt screw around and make it into a sparring match. I am sure the baton strike to the face wasnt intentional, but it worked. Officer got slapped and took his use of force to the next level rightfully.

Good on the officers part. Something tells me that BG wasnt expecting an old school ass whooping with a baton. :thumbsup:

Agent6-3/8
10-17-2012, 21:09
Looks like the perp was pummeled with the pommel of the officer's baton once they went down. :supergrin:

I don't understand why he wasn't cuffed up right away though...

Posted from my iPhone 4s via Outdoor Hub mobile

PinkoCommie
10-17-2012, 21:29
I don't understand why he wasn't cuffed up right away though...

Follow through! If you're not arresting him, you're just brawling.

And I think the chick was screaming "Dad!".

:shocked:

Trigger Finger
10-17-2012, 22:17
This guy looked just like Sadam Hussein!!:rofl:
Just because you beat them doesn't mean you have to arrest them!!!! But in this case he should be arrested, even though the face and head are not considered appropriate targets with the baton.
It does look like he ducked into the baton strike.

Where is the officers back up? Police backup not security, even though they did help.

The guy did deserve a tune up and he got one and then they tried to kick start him.

Cango
10-17-2012, 23:23
Am I the only one who thinks the cop here did wrong? He had his hands down and back with a baton in it, getting in the guys face

If he had PC and intent to arrest the guy, going nose to nose isn't the way to do it. He wasn't effecting an arrest he was looking to start a fight.

If he didnt have PC to arrest the guy, how is going nose to nose like that and backing the guy to the wall not an assault?

Really seems like some junior high locker room nonsense on the cop's part. And according to one article hes had about 5 lawsuits relating to incidents such as popping people in the face unnecessarily.

Not trying to troll or start a war on anything, would honestly like to hear other peoples' take on this.

countrygun
10-17-2012, 23:55
Am I the only one who thinks the cop here did wrong? He had his hands down and back with a baton in it, getting in the guys face

If he had PC and intent to arrest the guy, going nose to nose isn't the way to do it. He wasn't effecting an arrest he was looking to start a fight.

If he didnt have PC to arrest the guy, how is going nose to nose like that and backing the guy to the wall not an assault?

Really seems like some junior high locker room nonsense on the cop's part. And according to one article hes had about 5 lawsuits relating to incidents such as popping people in the face unnecessarily.

Not trying to troll or start a war on anything, would honestly like to hear other peoples' take on this.

I can't speak for today because they have changed the ROE so much, buuuut when patrols were carried out on dinosaurs, (and bear in mind the video really starts too late to get a good background) it was considered a good idea in a crowd situation to control a perps space. In this case the officer had to worry that the dude was going to smack the gal, etc. You don't want a Presidential Debate to break out in a crowd, making the crowd a third participant in the event.

But that is from the late Jurrasic period, they do things for different reasons today.

lawman800
10-18-2012, 00:25
The girlfriend needed to be removed asap or secured, either way, but don't let her sit there in the way when you are supposed to be securing the turd. Good job though, showing the perp he does not get to lay hands on you in public.

cowboywannabe
10-18-2012, 00:47
the best reply i have right now is....:rofl::rofl::rofl:

indigent
10-18-2012, 02:07
Yet again, Play Stupid Games, Win Stupid Prizes.........

eaglefrq
10-18-2012, 08:00
It appeared the initial strike to the face was not intentional, because it didn't look like there was any follow through, just getting his hand up in case.

However, the multiple blows to the head with the butt of the asp are going to be problematic for the officer.

series1811
10-18-2012, 08:26
Best part was watching the girlfriend come in at the end, wailing over him. :supergrin:

Some people really are their own worst enemies. :supergrin:

lawman800
10-18-2012, 08:27
It appeared the initial strike to the face was not intentional, because it didn't look like there was any follow through, just getting his hand up in case.

However, the multiple blows to the head with the butt of the asp are going to be problematic for the officer.

It's not to the head, but to the clavicle and other soft tissue areas like the shoulder muscle to get the person to comply and give the officer his hands to be cuffed.

Heck, the first blow was awesome. It did the job and gave the officer space to do his thing.

I don't condone police brutality in any form but if you lay your hands on a cop first like this guy did, all bets are off and you better be prepared for the whuppin' to follow.

cowboywannabe
10-18-2012, 08:49

no follow through? not the cop's fault the guy doesnt know how to fight.

intentional? oh no your honor, i didnt intentionally slap the officer in the face, it was completely by accident.:rofl:
yeah, thats gonna fly.

Kurly
10-18-2012, 09:19
I hope the guy lost the ability to chew for awhile.

Mattz
10-18-2012, 09:53
It's not to the head, but to the clavicle and other soft tissue areas like the shoulder muscle to get the person to comply and give the officer his hands to be cuffed.

Heck, the first blow was awesome. It did the job and gave the officer space to do his thing.

I don't condone police brutality in any form but if you lay your hands on a cop first like this guy did, all bets are off and you better be prepared for the whuppin' to follow.

There is a difference between resisting arrest, and assaulting a police officer, especially if that assault is by the suspect striking the officer in the face/head. Anyone who thinks the officer's response was "excessive" needs to go hug a tree.

eaglefrq
10-18-2012, 10:29
no follow through? not the cop's fault the guy doesnt know how to fight.

intentional? oh no your honor, i didnt intentionally slap the officer in the face, it was completely by accident.:rofl:
yeah, thats gonna fly.

I was talking about the initial strike with the asp to the face/head, NOT the BG slapping the cop.

I can see that my original post wasn't that clear.

eaglefrq
10-18-2012, 10:50

It's hard to see, but it to me it looked like the last shot was to the back of the head. Because it is difficult to see, I have a feeling if the guy wants to sue, those blows will be problematic.

I agree that he was apparently being stupid prior to smacking the cop, which was an even dumber thing to do.

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/local&id=8849804

From the article:

"She says he now looks like Frankenstein with a concussion, a broken eye socket and eight stitches in his forehead."

"Justified or not, Officer Gress has a long history of excessive force allegations.

He has been sued 13 times in federal court. Eleven of those cases were settled for a total of close to $300,000."

nursetim
10-18-2012, 11:56
Redacted for stupidity

Mayhem like Me
10-18-2012, 14:09
I was talking about the initial strike with the asp to the face/head, NOT the BG slapping the cop.

I can see that my original post wasn't that clear.
Nevermind

Kingarthurhk
10-18-2012, 17:35
I remember an situation I had where my partner was trying to cuff a little guy. Then again, I also had a little partner that day. I towered over both of them. I put a heavy hand on the guys shoulder. He looked up, gulped, and decided there were worse things in life than being handcuffed.:rofl:

lawman800
10-18-2012, 20:13
He has been sued 13 times in federal court. Eleven of those cases were settled for a total of close to $300,000."

Don't mean much nowadays with the departments looking to settle to save on costs and time... and if they were righteous cases, he would have been canned a long time ago or imprisoned.

13 cases close to $300k averages out to a little over $20k each case, which is what it would have cost in lawyer and court fees BEFORE litigation in these types of cases. Sometimes, it is just economics.

CW Mock
10-18-2012, 20:36
Bet that rang his bell.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

series1811
10-19-2012, 07:44
His body is all covered in boo-boos. :supergrin:

eaglefrq
10-19-2012, 08:35
Don't mean much nowadays with the departments looking to settle to save on costs and time... and if they were righteous cases, he would have been canned a long time ago or imprisoned.

13 cases close to $300k averages out to a little over $20k each case, which is what it would have cost in lawyer and court fees BEFORE litigation in these types of cases. Sometimes, it is just economics.

It makes sense when you look at it like that. I figured he would have been gone along time ago if they were major problems.

I was thinking that if the idiot wanted to sue, that many cases against the officer wouldn't look good and would be easier to get a bigger payout from a jury.

lawman800
10-19-2012, 08:55
LAPD was famous for settling cases back in the day and this one scumsucking catfish, Steve Yagman, lived his life filing cases against the LAPD for anything under the sun as soon as he found a plantiff and every cases settled really fast for that amount or more and then all the cities wised up and his livelihood started drying up. He passed away but that was, and still is, very viable line of work for some lawyers to make a living.

michael_b
10-19-2012, 09:10
This time it appeared she was trying to talk Mr. Stupid down from his pedestal. She seemed to show empathy for the LE trying to do their job. At least thats how my report would read,
even his girlfriend recognized his instability and hyper-aggressive behavior. She repeatedly tried to calm Mr. S to no avail. While attempting to converse with Mr. S about his disorderly conduct, he physically assaulted me by hitting me on the face. And so on....

She didn't impede the LE there.
Smart girl.

Ignore the lower. I have a new iphone and cant figure out to type and see the last line on the screen and correct it. If any ideas, please pm. Thanks.
me by striking me inface

Just hit return a few times to add some space. Hold down in the blue line within the text(the cursor) and you can move it to anywhere you'd like.

-On mobile

lawman800
10-19-2012, 09:19
While you can put in the report about her trying to talk him down as a precursor to you taking necessary action, if you don't have her locked down for sure and on board as a witness, it will backfire big time when she gets up on the stand and says that is not what happened. I was trying to protect my boyfriend from the aggressive officer... blah blah blah.

mikegun
10-22-2012, 16:19
Hope the punk has a good dental plan,good work by the popo....IMHO