No guns but blacks, gays? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : No guns but blacks, gays?

Drjones
10-17-2012, 17:31
Serious question:

What is the legal reasoning for why it's OK for businesses to post legally-binding "no guns allowed" signs, yet that same business would instantly get sued out of existence if it were to post a "no blacks" or "no gays allowed" sign?

ray9898
10-17-2012, 17:39
Because legislation has been passed to prevent discrimination against certain classes such as race, color, religion, national origin, veteran and disabled.

A business that prohibited whites would have the same problem as your example. Those that descriminate based on sexual preference would not be in trouble unless their is a specific state law addressing it, there is no prohibition at the federal level. Guns can be prohibited by the owner of private property just as knives, baseball bats, red shirts, green shoes and any other thing they deem necessary.

fnfalman
10-17-2012, 17:40
Serious question:

What is the legal reasoning for why it's OK for businesses to post legally-binding "no guns allowed" signs, yet that same business would instantly get sued out of existence if it were to post a "no blacks" or "no gays allowed" sign?

So you're equating things with people now?

Gregg702
10-17-2012, 17:42
This is one of the dumbest questions I have ever seen posited anywhere.

mad220860
10-17-2012, 17:45

X 10!! Im beating he is just wanting to get a rise out of people,he already knew the answer.

el_jewapo
10-17-2012, 17:50
It really depresses and pisses me off that I haven't devised a way to exploit the stupidity of people for massive financial gain. One day. I will have my Snuggy®. One day.

Drjones
10-17-2012, 17:54
So you're equating things with people now?

No but by not allowing guns, you're discriminating against people who own guns, but that's apparently ok.

I had figured it was because of the "protected classes" legislation that ray mentioned, but wasn't sure.

Thanks.

GlockinNJ
10-17-2012, 18:03
Serious question:

Hmmm, you would you enforce a "no gays allowed" sign?

Would you rely on honest answers to direct questioning of the customers, or are you aware of some genuine
"gay-dar" technology?

Just wondering.

Travelin' Jack
10-17-2012, 18:05
No but by not allowing guns, you're discriminating against people who own guns, but that's apparently ok.

I had figured it was because of the "protected classes" legislation that ray mentioned, but wasn't sure.

Thanks.

Uh, no. People that own guns are allowed inside. The guns are not.

8-Ball
10-17-2012, 18:09

So what if the sign only banned the gay persons dick? Would that be ok? :rofl:

:tongueout:

Disclaimer: Incase the smilies didn't give it away, this post is a joke.

M&P Shooter
10-17-2012, 18:11
Serious question:

So what about a gay black guy carrying a gun?

Fox
10-17-2012, 18:13

The courts have already stripped property rights and freedom of association from business owners. So what exactly makes it ok to ban people exercising their RTKBA?

TK-421
10-17-2012, 18:13

I'm sure there'd be quite a few telling their boyfriend to stay outside. :tongueout:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Fox
10-17-2012, 18:14
If a business is open to the public then the "no guns" signs need to come down.

Drjones
10-17-2012, 18:16
Hmmm, you would you enforce a "no gays allowed" sign?

Would you rely on honest answers to direct questioning of the customers, or are you aware of some genuine
"gay-dar" technology?

Just wondering.

I dunno, how do businesses enforce "no guns" signs if people are carrying concealed? Do they have TSA-style pat-downs at the door, metal detectors, or do they rely on people's honesty?

M&P Shooter
10-17-2012, 18:17
If a business is open to the public then the "no guns" signs need to come down.
I see these signs on the doors of a lot of stores in Philadelphia but I never once took my gun off or emptied it. Don't tell and they don't know:dunno:

Fragman
10-17-2012, 18:19

A good joke too. Made me laugh out loud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CitizenOfDreams
10-17-2012, 18:21
Don't tell and they don't know:dunno:

The same principle would work for gays as well. :supergrin:

Rooster Rugburn
10-17-2012, 18:25
Guns don't vote. Blacks and gays do.

ibtl

RenoF250
10-17-2012, 18:27
So what about a gay black guy carrying a gun?

This is my rifle, this is my gun

*ASH*
10-17-2012, 18:29
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e332/KK_Koala/satan.jpg

costanza187
10-17-2012, 18:29
No shirt, no shoes, no service.

Does that mean that if you aren't wearing pants it's alright?

TK-421
10-17-2012, 18:39
No shirt, no shoes, no service.

Does that mean that if you aren't wearing pants it's alright?

http://archive.planet-science.com/text_only/sciteach/jokes/images/08OldJoke.jpg

hpracing007
10-17-2012, 18:46

Agreed.

Hines57
10-17-2012, 18:51
Serious question:

They should be allowed to. A business should have the right to refuse service to anyone they choose.