Obama Pursuing Leakers Sends Warning to Whistle-Blowers [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Obama Pursuing Leakers Sends Warning to Whistle-Blowers

ERASER
10-18-2012, 06:25
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-10-18/obama-pursuing-leakers-sends-warning-to-whistle-blowers.html

JFrame
10-18-2012, 06:31
Geez -- I can't IMAGINE that there are more leaks coming from the government than the critical intel which the Obama administration happily divulges to the press corps and Hollywood on a routine basis...

STUXNET...Seal Team Six...Foreign agents working for us...What hasn't the Obama administration given up in an effort to try and pump up O's numbers? :dunno:

JBnTX
10-18-2012, 07:13
I'd be suspicious of any government entity that feels it needs to "warn" whistleblowers.

Generally speaking, whistleblowers are usually the good guys in a conflict.

Louisville Glocker
10-18-2012, 07:16
I'm personally in favor of whistle blowers, on principle. That includes Wikileaks. As long as lives aren't being placed in jeopardy, I'd rather have transparency than secrets. The people have a right to know what their gov't is up to.

JFrame
10-18-2012, 07:22
I'm personally in favor of whistle blowers, on principle. That includes Wikileaks. As long as lives aren't being placed in jeopardy, I'd rather have transparency than secrets. The people have a right to know what their gov't is up to.

Yes -- it's hard to draw a line on that national security/ peoples' lives thing, but in general, I think whistle-blowing yields a net positive.