Life sucks [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Life sucks

wprebeck
10-18-2012, 12:05
Started smoking again, life really is crappy right now. If any of ya pray, keep me in mind.

eaglefrq
10-18-2012, 12:13
Sorry to hear your having a rough time.

Always remember; any day above ground is a good day.

Vigilant
10-18-2012, 12:47
Will do, Wes. This too shall pass.

Ajon412
10-18-2012, 12:56
Sorry to hear that as well....Prayers inbound, Brother......:wavey:

FiremanMike
10-18-2012, 13:56
Remember brother, it's a marathon, not a sprint.. Prayers for you

Polak
10-18-2012, 14:49
started smoking again, life really is crappy right now. If any of ya pray, keep me in mind.

1-866-cop-2cop

I hope you start seeing the better things in life.

Sgt127
10-18-2012, 14:49
Days suck. Weeks suck. Jobs suck. Wifes suck (no hidden joke in that one) Bosses suck. Lots of things suck. Life, as a whole, shouldn't suck. Until you find the answer, I got your back. PM if you need anything.

Cochese
10-18-2012, 14:55
I'm in it with you Wes.

You aren't alone.

Hack
10-18-2012, 15:16
Prayers for you. PM if you would like. If nothing else I can listen.

GlockinNJ
10-18-2012, 15:37
Hang in there brother, better days are ahead.

puckhead
10-18-2012, 15:55
1-866-cop-2cop

I hope you start seeing the better things in life.

Didn't know they exist. Just a help line thing?

Hang in there dude! You have a prayer from me. This time of year can get hard for a lot of people.

mntrpr
10-18-2012, 16:23
Hey bro', my "door is always open". Hang in there and I'll pray for you.

JC2317
10-18-2012, 16:29
Keeping you in my prayers. Please find someone to talk with, don't fight it alone. Things will get better.

volsbear
10-18-2012, 17:06
I'm all stocked up on suck too. Hang in there man.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Kingarthurhk
10-18-2012, 17:27
I am sorry you having a hard time, brother. When things stress us it affects us in ways few people get. I am praying for you while typing this. Don't do something drastic. PM if you want to blow off some steam.

CJStudent
10-18-2012, 17:32
More prayers for you, man. I don't know if there's anything I can do, but if I can, I'm right up the street from you.

Ohio Copper
10-18-2012, 17:32
I'm damn sure knee deep in the suck. Prayers for you and yours, brother.

Fiery Red XIII
10-18-2012, 20:37
Prayers inbound.

Red

RussP
10-18-2012, 20:58
Wes, prayers ya got. Wanna yell at someone...do it to the guys on here volunteering to listen. That includes me...

Sam Spade
10-18-2012, 21:14
Let me know if I can do anything for you, brother.

CW Mock
10-18-2012, 21:15
Try and hang loose man. A lot of us, myself included are wading hip deep through the suck. Anything we can do to help we will.

Vigilant
10-18-2012, 21:43
I have found that exercise helps a lot.

DON'T let anyone talk you into taking psych meds, without a fourth or eighteenth opinion.

JuneyBooney
10-18-2012, 22:16
Life does suck if you are low on cash. Smoking may help the problems. Some people smoke for many years and have no ill effects. Others perish so maybe you should stop today.

lawman800
10-18-2012, 22:34
I hear ya, brother. I tried quitting and was successful for a few months. Then work decided to beat me over the head a few times and I started again, but at greatly reduced quantities.

Keep your head up, if you need anything from out here, let me know.

bruzer
10-18-2012, 23:30
Prayer sent.
If at all possible please learn the benefits of diaphragmatic breathing (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diaphragmatic_breathing) for relaxation. Seeing my Dad die of lung cancer caused by smoking is not something I would want you to go through or your family members.
Good luck and stay safe,
Mike

GRIMLET
10-18-2012, 23:44
PM sent

Clutch Cargo
10-19-2012, 00:09
Don't be smoking, man. Take a walk in the country and enjoy the crisp Autumn air.

sdsnet
10-19-2012, 00:22
Prayers inbound... I hope the clouds pass quickly.

Steve

RetailNinja
10-19-2012, 00:26
What kind of F'd up **** would make someone want to start smoking? Bum A smoke and move on.

Atheistically wishfully thinking that things get better for you

ditchdoc24
10-19-2012, 00:29
Prayers sent for you...... It's not easy.

scottydl
10-19-2012, 06:55
Praying for you brother, hang in there and remember the end goal.

merlynusn
10-19-2012, 07:40
prayers for you Wes. If you need anything, I'm here.

Newcop761
10-19-2012, 07:56
Prayers inbound Wes. Keep the faith.

golls17
10-19-2012, 08:04
I don't know you, you don't know me. If you want an anonymous ear to talk off, PM me.

lawman800
10-19-2012, 08:43
Prayer sent.
If at all possible please learn the benefits of diaphragmatic breathing (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diaphragmatic_breathing) for relaxation. Seeing my Dad die of lung cancer caused by smoking is not something I would want you to go through or your family members.
Good luck and stay safe,
Mike

Sometimes life don't make it easy for anyone. My paternal grandfather never smoked a day in his life, died of lung cancer. Father smokes everyday, healthy as ever, close to being seventy now.

Patchman
10-19-2012, 20:18
"This too shall pass."

Wes, whatever problems you have on your mind, just remember that it's temporary. Talking to someone about what's on your mind or what's bothering you helps tremendously.

TBO
10-19-2012, 21:14
TBO is in.

Prayers and warm thoughts from the rapidly cooling north.

Pepper45
10-19-2012, 23:24
As someone who is sharing in the suck, it will get better, and there is always a light at the end of the tunnel. It may be pretty damned dim, but it's always there.

Prayers sent brother.

RetailNinja
10-20-2012, 00:21
It could be worse. You could be dealing with all that you are right now, and be Leonard on top of that. At least you're not Leonard!

steveksux
10-21-2012, 07:43
Sometimes problems mount up and seem unsurmountable. Divide them into things you control, things you can influence, things you can't.

Pick something you can do something about, and chip away at it.. Helps to feel in control of your destiny. And try to stop smoking again, don't let self destructive behaviors creep into your life when you're feeling crappy, they just add one more thing to feel crappy about.

Baby steps, focus on them...

We're all puling for you.

Randy

Gallium
10-21-2012, 07:47
Things will get better. I am rooting for you.

Chuck TX
10-21-2012, 17:48
Thoughts and prayers.

Hamrhed
10-21-2012, 17:51
Prayer sent ...

I remind myself every day that I am blessed despite sometimes overwhelming stress... I hope we can help you with a blessing as well

IndyGunFreak
10-22-2012, 06:03
That is one thing I'm glad I never tried...

Thoughts and prayers on overcoming this (and anything else that may be going on)

IGF

Mayhem like Me
10-22-2012, 09:28
Prayer sent, you WILL conquer this .. lean on your brothers.

CW Mock
10-22-2012, 10:56
Gotta try to kill the smoking before it kills you ... The rest hopefully will start to improve again.

PuroMexicano
10-22-2012, 12:34
Prayers sent!

mikegun
10-22-2012, 15:37
prayers sent, been where u r at, but was able to kick ass on it, i am sure you will prevail...

wprebeck
10-22-2012, 23:16
Thanks for all the well wishes, thoughts, and prayers - they've brought a tear to my eye more than once this past week.

For all that have PM'd - I'll get back with you when I can; don't think I'm ignoring you. Thanks for the extra time.

For my little friend in KS, I'll call ya back later this week. Thanks again for the call, it means a lot.

Right now, I'm going through a lot, and will likely be forced to make some decisions I never thought I would have to, or want to. Some of those involve my career, others involve my marriage. I will be lurking around on GT, but won't be posting a lot, just trying to keep my mind off things, to be honest. I have a lot on my mind, and am just trying to make it day to day right now. It's not easy, and really, has been the hardest two months I've ever faced in my life - hopefully, I won't have even more difficult times ahead, but that's not looking real good either.

Regarding the career - if I could, I'd leave now. This job, and this entire line of work, just isn't for me anymore. I was once a fairly polite guy who enjoyed life. People suck, I find no real reason to be polite anymore, and generally hate the person I've become. Lord knows I've told the wife that enough as of late. Anyway, it's not fun anymore, if ever working in a jail could be that. I lost my desire to go to the street almost a decade ago, after being shot down almost 10 times (the last attempt purely my own fault, truth be told...but, I didn't have the heart to do any more processes after that one).

As of now, I despise this job, and hate virtually everything about it. I'm burned out, yes, but it goes deeper. Would that I had marketable job skills outside of corrections/LE, because I'd bail in a second. 7.5 more years to go, unfortunately.

To make matters worse (for me), my wife now loves going to work. Generally, that's not a problem. But, when you're down on this field, and your wife wants to go out and do even MORE dangerous **** than just answering calls...it stresses you the **** out.

Add to that a marriage that, at best, is hanging on by a thread, due to my stupidity and lack of seeing what I had in front of me for the last 15 years...well, life just sucks ass right now.

On the bright side, I'm a Star Wars geek, and TPM is on right now. Had a couple of beers, and enjoying watching Obi-Wan slicing a certain Sith in half. Love me some SW, that's for sure. Gotta get back into SWTOR...haven't been on in over a week (if you're a gamer or an SW geek, you'll know of what I speak).

Anyway, just wanted to tell you guys I really appreciate your time in posting, PM'ing, offering your number, and even calling me. It hasn't gone unnoticed, and I truly appreciate it. It's about the only good thing this job has given me, other than my best friend being a cop.

Thanks again, guys, and I'll check back in later.

RetailNinja
10-23-2012, 00:11
Thanks for the check in! All the best!

I left off at KOTOR2. I'll have to see what I'm missing, but ME pretty much wrapped me up!

cowboywannabe
10-23-2012, 00:44
been there, bouncing back and forth between good times and bad times.....wish i knew the answer.

lawman800
10-23-2012, 00:51
Answer is just to accept the universal truth that some people's sole purpose on this earth is to make life hard for others and that is the energy that drives them and without it, they have no life and would just wither away and die. Knowing that, and accepting that, makes me smile because I can suck it up and go on, while they have to keep on hating and figuring out ways to make themselves relevant by vexing people. I'm moving on. Living life. Living it well. Getting my revenge that way. While they occupy themselves and have no life and be miserable trying to hate others.

cowboywannabe
10-23-2012, 01:15
lawman800, if it were only as easy as blaming people.....

lawman800
10-23-2012, 01:19
lawman800, if it were only as easy as blaming people.....

I said that was a truth to realize, not the only truth. Yes, sometimes you are the problem, but hopefully, you would know if you are the problem, and Wes has admitted to some of his own personal shortcomings, and that's all fine and dandy but you have to know that sometimes, things are bad in life just simply because there are those who are out there doing nothing but getting in your way.

Sometimes that is out of your control so all you can do is realize it, accept it, and move on. Blame is one thing, and that's one aspect of it, but it's not all of it. It's not really blame, but rather, the acknowledgement and the moving on, that is important, rather than being stuck on the blame game, which drags you into their game.

Ohio Copper
10-23-2012, 01:34
Answer is just to accept the universal truth that some people's sole purpose on this earth is to make life hard for others and that is the energy that drives them and without it, they have no life and would just wither away and die. Knowing that, and accepting that, makes me smile because I can suck it up and go on, while they have to keep on hating and figuring out ways to make themselves relevant by vexing people. I'm moving on. Living life. Living it well. Getting my revenge that way. While they occupy themselves and have no life and be miserable trying to hate others.

That's some deep stuff right there, brother. All truth though, all truth.

I've been running with that same philosophy for ten years now, if you want to be in my life, don't drag me down. I've left family friends and others in the dust. Life is too short to be miserable!

cowboywannabe
10-23-2012, 02:52
i didnt mean he was his own problem, often times its situational.....

sure our lives as cops are filled with people in it only for themselves, and that makes the situational problems worse......

Detectorist
10-23-2012, 03:15
Positive thoughts on the way.

I hope you get to feeling better...

Just try to work on only one problem at a time.

lawman800
10-23-2012, 08:24
i didnt mean he was his own problem, often times its situational.....

sure our lives as cops are filled with people in it only for themselves, and that makes the situational problems worse......

I hear ya... but people, you can ignore and walk away from and most of the time, they are temporary nuisances. Situations are a little different. If you get into it, it might take a bit to get out and sometimes, you have to walk away because it won't change.

Also, it's harder to make fun of a situation versus a person. You got a ton more jollies making fun of the turd who likes giving people a hard time.

BigSpenda864
10-23-2012, 08:47
Wes, I am kind of new around here so I don't know you but I sincerely hope you find YOUR path to happiness. It takes a strong person to realize they bare some responsibility for how things go in their lives. It is important that you recognize the problems even if you don't know the solution yet. Things will get better. Sometimes the occurrences we go through that seem the worst get us to the best places in the long run. Stay strong and stay safe bro.

CJStudent
10-23-2012, 14:40
Thanks for all the well wishes, thoughts, and prayers - they've brought a tear to my eye more than once this past week.

For all that have PM'd - I'll get back with you when I can; don't think I'm ignoring you. Thanks for the extra time.

For my little friend in KS, I'll call ya back later this week. Thanks again for the call, it means a lot.

Right now, I'm going through a lot, and will likely be forced to make some decisions I never thought I would have to, or want to. Some of those involve my career, others involve my marriage. I will be lurking around on GT, but won't be posting a lot, just trying to keep my mind off things, to be honest. I have a lot on my mind, and am just trying to make it day to day right now. It's not easy, and really, has been the hardest two months I've ever faced in my life - hopefully, I won't have even more difficult times ahead, but that's not looking real good either.

Regarding the career - if I could, I'd leave now. This job, and this entire line of work, just isn't for me anymore. I was once a fairly polite guy who enjoyed life. People suck, I find no real reason to be polite anymore, and generally hate the person I've become. Lord knows I've told the wife that enough as of late. Anyway, it's not fun anymore, if ever working in a jail could be that. I lost my desire to go to the street almost a decade ago, after being shot down almost 10 times (the last attempt purely my own fault, truth be told...but, I didn't have the heart to do any more processes after that one).

As of now, I despise this job, and hate virtually everything about it. I'm burned out, yes, but it goes deeper. Would that I had marketable job skills outside of corrections/LE, because I'd bail in a second. 7.5 more years to go, unfortunately.

To make matters worse (for me), my wife now loves going to work. Generally, that's not a problem. But, when you're down on this field, and your wife wants to go out and do even MORE dangerous **** than just answering calls...it stresses you the **** out.

Add to that a marriage that, at best, is hanging on by a thread, due to my stupidity and lack of seeing what I had in front of me for the last 15 years...well, life just sucks ass right now.

On the bright side, I'm a Star Wars geek, and TPM is on right now. Had a couple of beers, and enjoying watching Obi-Wan slicing a certain Sith in half. Love me some SW, that's for sure. Gotta get back into SWTOR...haven't been on in over a week (if you're a gamer or an SW geek, you'll know of what I speak).

Anyway, just wanted to tell you guys I really appreciate your time in posting, PM'ing, offering your number, and even calling me. It hasn't gone unnoticed, and I truly appreciate it. It's about the only good thing this job has given me, other than my best friend being a cop.

Thanks again, guys, and I'll check back in later.

Hey! You never told me you were a SW geek! :rofl:

4949shooter
10-23-2012, 15:57
Prayers sent.

Hang in there, Brother.

SevenSixtyTwo
10-23-2012, 17:32
It ain't the situation. It's what we make of it. I've seen rich folks miserable because they aren't richer. Seen poor folks happy as clams at high tide. We could learn a lot from the ol' dog. He couldn't care less about wealth or all the crap we give ourselves ulcers about. Cheer up bro. Catastrophe is inevitable. Misery is optional. Prayers for your better days.:wavey:

janice6
10-23-2012, 17:40
I'm not a cop, but I am a former heavy smoker. God bless you, and I hope you can back off from the cigarettes. I understand how difficult it can be.

I can't help on everything else but there are a bunch of excellent people here that may be able to. Good luck.

jpa
10-23-2012, 18:30
I'm sorry to hear that things haven't improved. If you need anything feel free to holler at me.

In the meantime, it might be time to take a week off and take a road trip to Chicago....
http://www.chicagoplays.com/show/gorilla-tango-theatre/a-nude-hope-a-star-wars-burlesque.html

As for not having any other marketable skills...what's stopping you from taking some classes and learning new stuff? I've always thought being a pharmacy tech would be a handy skill to have as a cop. Maybe going through DRE school and being a pharmacy tech on top of it...might even get work to pay for it. Then if you decide to jump ship you could go to work at a CVS or even for the VA as a pharmacy tech.

ray9898
10-23-2012, 18:32
Keep your head up. Hard times suck but they do pass. Hope some stuff opens up for ya.

scottydl
10-23-2012, 21:42
Being a former police officer may open up a lot of job opportunities for you. There's always corporate security / loss prevention in the retail market, or various other managing jobs in offices or other organizations that would probably appreciate the life management skills you've learned on the job. If you are as miserable as you say, "7.5 years until retirement" is NOT a reason to stay on the job and stay miserable. Worst case scenario, you may be putting yourself and your coworkers in danger if you lose that certain desire to do the LE job.

Just think about it (obviously you are) and hang in there brother.

Hack
10-23-2012, 22:07
A little over seven years may seem like a long time. It's not. It only seems long when a situation that is not good is what you are entangled in. I know, I have dealt with some situations that make time pass in a bad way. I don't think anyone of us who are married have a perfect marriage, but somehow I have managed to get over the rougher bumps in our relationship, and our relationship survived. This is where in the vows you look at things like, "For better or worse ... " and realize that you can stick to your guns.

Realizing that you have a Friend who sticks closer than a brother may help as well. If nothing else give yourself a little time to the reading of the Word each day. There are plenty of ways to do that, and it doesn't take long. As the Word is absorbed by your mind and your spirit, things begin to look a little different.

DaBigBR
10-23-2012, 22:39
Hang in there, Wes.

Don't lose track of everything you have.

DoogieHowser
10-24-2012, 08:40
I've got over 100 SW books... Read most of them, no time for games really right now but your in good company here. Sometimes we are in the suck for sure, but not forever