A-Zoom Snap Caps? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : A-Zoom Snap Caps?

QbonSean
10-18-2012, 13:05
After reading countless opinions on wether dry-firing my Glock will damage the breech face, I've decided to go pick up some snap caps. My local FFL sells A-Zooms. What are your thoughts/experiences regarding A-Zoom?

SCmasterblaster
10-18-2012, 13:35
After reading countless opinions on wether dry-firing my Glock will damage the breech face, I've decided to go pick up some snap caps. My local FFL sells A-Zooms. What are your thoughts/experiences regarding A-Zoom?

NO problems yet. :cool:

Remington 870
10-18-2012, 13:44
I would be more worried about damaging the striker, I have had 2 strikers break on 2 different guns. I always use snap caps ever since.

robhic
10-18-2012, 16:24
I have some in 9mm. I don't use them anymore, but they are pretty good quality. I have some in .22, also, and those dudes get a good workout!

ThatGuyDave
10-18-2012, 16:34
Got em in .40 and love to train with them... both dry fire in my house and malfunction drills at the range

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

QbonSean
10-18-2012, 16:37
Sounds like I'll be picking up a pack of them this evening. Appreciate the input, guys.

ThatGuyDave
10-18-2012, 16:40
Just a heads up, Amazon usually has good prices on those.

Though supporting a local store is sometimes worth an extra few bucks.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

SCmasterblaster
10-20-2012, 12:38
I would be more worried about damaging the striker, I have had 2 strikers break on 2 different guns. I always use snap caps ever since.

Thanks for the info. I have a striker-fired G17, and I won't risk using snap-caps. I have been dry-firing since 1989 with no problems. :cool:

RYT 2BER
10-20-2012, 22:38
Cheap insurance for sure. I use them but I don't dry fire much,

I prefer to live fire.

rednoved
10-21-2012, 07:21
Thanks for the info. I have a striker-fired G17, and I won't risk using snap-caps. I have been dry-firing since 1989 with no problems. :cool:

I think he has been using snap caps because he had 2 strikers break on 2 different guns.

I have A-Zoom snap caps for almost all of my guns.

R2D2
10-21-2012, 07:36
I have them in every caliber for all the weapons I own. Great training tool for loading/unloading weapons as well as magazine handling without any danger. I also use them to verify gun safties are working after a full strip and reassemble.

Arc Angel
10-21-2012, 08:37
There is none better!

(I've got dozens of snap caps all over the house. If you use them in a semiautomatic pistol like a Glock, your maroon-colored A-Zoom caps will turn shiny silver, real fast!) ;)

By the way, I guess you know, the Glock factory, itself, has now laid this old GT argument to rest. According to Glock, Inc. snap caps should be used while dry-firing. (Profound, huh! All this time thousands of Glockophiles thought their pistols were made out of some sort of magic German, 'wunder stahl'.) :freak:

SCmasterblaster
10-22-2012, 10:26
Well I don't want my striker to break on my only Glock - my CCW G17. Maybe I'll get one of these snap caps.

Ceapea
10-30-2012, 21:07
Some people say that you don't need snap caps on modern firearms. I say that you can never go wrong using them on any firearm.
Real cheap insurance, I say.

A-Zoom are the best!

Low_Speed
10-31-2012, 03:13
I have to ask...why are snap caps on striker fired pistols nessasary? I mean how much damage could Glock and other manufacturers expect be done when dry firing their pistols considering that you have to dry fire the gun to disassemble it?

Do any of you attempt to take down your Glock with a snap cap chambered?

SCmasterblaster
10-31-2012, 09:36
I never "dry-fire" with a live round in the chamber. :wow: