Bob Beckel just admitted "If the polls are right..it's over" [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Bob Beckel just admitted "If the polls are right..it's over"

countrygun
10-18-2012, 15:09
He just said (yes on FOX, still it's Beckel) "Obama has never really stayed above 50% consistently and there is no chance Romney will slip below 50% now"

mj9mm
10-18-2012, 15:11
Beckel's on board?:cool:

JFrame
10-18-2012, 15:15
Beckel's on board?:cool:

I missed that segment on FNC, but it sounds more like he's resigned.

dave333
10-18-2012, 15:20
Thats the nicest thing Ive ever heard him say.

IndyGunFreak
10-18-2012, 15:28
He's finally coming to the realization that everyone else (other than DU'ers) have.

Romney/Ryan 2012!

ModGlock17
10-18-2012, 16:07
if he thinks it's over, can he ask the fat lady (Candy Crowley) to sing ???

eeww. Sorry. That was a bad image.

beforeobamabans
10-18-2012, 16:11
They are, and it is.

blkpag1
10-18-2012, 16:50

eeww. Sorry. That was a bad image.

That was a lady?:wow:

madbaumer
10-18-2012, 16:56

Jabba-The-Hut's wife?

jdavionic
10-18-2012, 16:56

Do you really want proof?

Paul7
10-18-2012, 16:58
He just said (yes on FOX, still it's Beckel) "Obama has never really stayed above 50% consistently and there is no chance Romney will slip below 50% now"

:thumbsup:

countrygun
10-18-2012, 16:59
Do you really want proof?

NOOOOOOOO! once seen it cannot be unseen.

aircarver
10-18-2012, 17:02
NOOOOOOOO! once seen it cannot be unseen.

:rofl:

JFrame
10-18-2012, 17:15
Jabba-The-Hut's wife?

Wife...? I thought that was Jabba himself... http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/icq/shok.gif

jdavionic
10-18-2012, 17:19
Wife...? I thought that was Jabba himself... http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/icq/shok.gif

Not sure. This comparison looks more accurate
http://www.google.com/url?source=imglanding&ct=img&q=http://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/2008/10/8/128679940471256083.jpg&sa=X&ei=UI6AULnMNZL69gT45IG4CQ&ved=0CAwQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNEVQ9L3OwlIiH_2pBu5P8xsJVEftQ

countrygun
10-18-2012, 17:19

More like "Jabba the 'What?"

pspez
10-18-2012, 17:23
For me, a Romney victory will renew my hope for the USA.

Snowman92D
10-18-2012, 17:24

I just got a tip that Joe Biden's sister will be the moderator in the next debate...!

jdavionic
10-18-2012, 17:25
I just got a tip that Joe Biden's sister will be the moderator in the next debate...!

It's okay. He stopped having sex with her last week.

countrygun
10-18-2012, 17:26

No that was his other sister

Jay9928
10-18-2012, 17:31
He's finally coming to the realization that everyone else (other than DU'ers) have.

Romney/Ryan 2012!

If R/R wins, I cannot wait to see the reactions on the D.U. :rofl: :cool:

azatrox
10-18-2012, 17:31
Beckel is right....for once, and Andrea Tantaros is gorgeous as usual.

Snowman92D
10-18-2012, 17:34

You guys may be on to something. There has to be a reason for the number of in-breds over at DU. :smootchie:

ModGlock17
10-18-2012, 18:38
Not sure. This comparison looks more accurate
http://www.google.com/url?source=imglanding&ct=img&q=http://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/2008/10/8/128679940471256083.jpg&sa=X&ei=UI6AULnMNZL69gT45IG4CQ&ved=0CAwQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNEVQ9L3OwlIiH_2pBu5P8xsJVEftQ

Can BRAIN sags ?

ok. no need to answer.

waawaaweenie
10-18-2012, 18:56
don't believe the polls

just get out and vote,

http://www.weeniewawa.com/WDT/Images/ackbar_trap.jpeg

Flintlocker
10-18-2012, 18:57
Bob Beckel... there's a real serious thinker. Next you'll be quoting Dick Morris.

JFrame
10-18-2012, 19:06
don't believe the polls

just get out and vote,

Absolutely!!!

countrygun
10-18-2012, 19:09
Bob Beckel... there's a real serious thinker. Next you'll be quoting Dick Morris.

You got me there. His background with Democratic Administrations does make his intelligence rather suspect.

Little Joe
10-18-2012, 19:16
I would guess rather begrudgingly.

jdavionic
10-18-2012, 19:26

What's wrong, princess. Beckel is not Huffington approved like your other sources.

snerd
10-18-2012, 19:29
My prayer for Tuesday night, Nov. 6th.....................

For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning. - (Psalm 30:5 KJV)

Angry Fist
10-18-2012, 19:50
I get a kick out of ol' Bob. Poor Bob.... :rofl:

GAFinch
10-18-2012, 21:09
What's wrong, princess. Beckel is not Huffington approved like your other sources.

He found Jesus and speaks out against Islamofascists, so he's a heretic to them.

Gunnut 45/454
10-18-2012, 21:58
jdavionic
Can't wait to here old Flintlicker after the Usurpers loss! Hey Flintlicker here some facts for you - NO CANIDATE HAS LOST once he hit 50% in the polls! You can start writting O's consesion speach now!!!:rofl::supergrin::rofl:

IndyGunFreak
10-18-2012, 22:30
If R/R wins, I cannot wait to see the reactions on the D.U. :rofl: :cool:

Yup... me and you both. I'd suggest signing up for an account, because on election night, they close their board to "members only"... so you can't read it as a guest.

Don't worry, first post you make, they're going to ban you anyway.

JFrame
10-19-2012, 04:30
He found Jesus and speaks out against Islamofascists, so he's a heretic to them.

Yeah -- I have to say the one thing I do agree with Beckel is that he can't stand the double standard and hypocrisy of protecting every other form of religious worship (or non-worship), but that Christianity is open game to the crudest and most disgusting ridicule.

series1811
10-19-2012, 08:06

Yeah, the opinion of guys who managed Presidential campaigns for Democrats, as to what is likely to happen in a Presidential campaign, are not nearly as valuable as anonymous posters on the internet. :whistling:

DU has got to send us some better posters over. If they have any better ones.

aircarver
10-19-2012, 08:21
... DU has got to send us some better posters over. If they have any better ones.

Naaaaa ....

Flintlicker is proof that they've hit the bottom of the barrel .... :supergrin:

ModGlock17
10-19-2012, 09:16
Have you guys notice the "shelf life" on the Binder of women ? Didn't last long, did it? Shows the strength of Romney support.

michael_b
10-19-2012, 09:24
Beckel is right....for once, and Andrea Tantaros is gorgeous as usual.

+1 Yes she is. Smart as can be too- speaks like 3 languages.

don't believe the polls

just get out and vote,

http://www.weeniewawa.com/WDT/Images/ackbar_trap.jpeg

Amen!!!

Romney/Ryan 2012!

What's DU?

-On mobile

JFrame
10-19-2012, 09:58
What's DU?

-On mobile

Democratic Underground...I only know of it anecdotally from the folks here -- some of whom braved that website for themselves to get a sense of the enemy. Evidently, it is a cesspool of leftist non-intelligence...

IndyGunFreak
10-19-2012, 10:27
Democratic Underground...I only know of it anecdotally from the folks here -- some of whom braved that website for themselves to get a sense of the enemy. Evidently, it is a cesspool of leftist non-intelligence...

You should go sometime. The "gun control" forum is really halfway decent. You have your whacko fringe of course, but there are several "pro gun Democrats" there. Many of them really freaked out when Obama used the "BAN" word at the debate.

Right now though, the drama is in the Politics 2012 forum.

IGF

JFrame
10-19-2012, 10:33
You should go sometime. The "gun control" forum is really halfway decent. You have your whacko fringe of course, but there are several "pro gun Democrats" there. Many of them really freaked out when Obama used the "BAN" word at the debate.

Right now though, the drama is in the Politics 2012 forum.

IGF

Thanks for the input, Indy -- I may have to steel myself with a half a bottle of Jameson first... :)

Rooster Rugburn
10-19-2012, 11:08
I've seen Beckel do a couple interviews where he is beyond discounting this or that. He had entered into a phase of accepting the possibility that it is not going well for Obama. That makes me think it's a lot worse than the rest of us know.

OR, they are changing tactics, and there are only a couple left. They may be trying to lull Romney voters into thinking there is no reason to vote, that it's going to be an easy Romney win.

The other tactic is to give all the big state electoral votes to Obama early, so stupid repubican voters won't go vote after work: like they did Florida last time.

Zombie Surgeon
10-19-2012, 11:13
Sus Scrofa (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wild_boar) said something that isn't a lie for once. We need to write this down on and preserve it for future generations.

Flintlocker
10-19-2012, 11:39
The problem with you guys is you'll focus in on one outlier poll and ignore or misunderstand the entirety of all the polls. You see what you want to see and dismiss the rest. It's a text book example of the "biased sample" fallacy- total bubble boy land.

IndyGunFreak
10-19-2012, 11:46
The problem with you guys is you'll focus in on one outlier poll and ignore or misunderstand the entirety of all the polls. You see what you want to see and dismiss the rest. It's a text book example of the "biased sample" fallacy- total bubble boy land.

I guess we'll see who's living in a bubble on Nov. 7. I'm betting you will be sorely disappointed.

Zombie Surgeon
10-19-2012, 11:48

Just don't do it. There is life still worth living after barak.

:wavey:

MZBKA
10-19-2012, 12:06
I don't know what that guy is talking about. If the polls are right, Obama will win Ohio. . .so yes, in that case, it's all over.

IndyGunFreak
10-19-2012, 12:08
I don't know what that guy is talking about. If the polls are right, Obama will win Ohio. . .so yes, in that case, it's all over.

Just curious what poll says that?... I've yet to see a poll showing Romney winning Ohio.

MZBKA
10-19-2012, 12:18
Just curious what poll says that?... I've yet to see a poll showing Romney winning Ohio.

That's exactly what I mean. Obama has been leading in Ohio in all the polls, and Romney needs Ohio to win.

ModGlock17
10-19-2012, 12:29

Some people only see life in snapshots, others see trends.

One of the most frustrating thing in business is working with people who would only see things in snapshots. By the time they got their snapshots, the event is practically over.

Flintlocker
10-19-2012, 12:35
That's exactly what I mean. Obama has been leading in Ohio in all the polls, and Romney needs Ohio to win.

Interestingly, Romney can lose Ohio then win Colorado, Nevada and Iowa and it's a tie 269 to 269. This assumes that Obama wins his 2 remaining 'swing states' of Wisconsin and Hew Hampshire (which he is heavily favored in) and Romney takes Florida and Virginia (which he'll probably win but are much closer races).

ModGlock17
10-19-2012, 12:53
Interestingly, Romney can lose Ohio then win Colorado, Nevada and Iowa and it's a tie 269 to 269. This assumes that Obama wins his 2 remaining 'swing states' of Wisconsin and Hew Hampshire (which he is heavily favored in) and Romney takes Florida and Virginia (which he'll probably win but are much closer races).

Are you hedging, Flintlocker ?

MZBKA
10-19-2012, 13:01

Nevada and Iowa are more likely to go for Obama than Ohio. New Hampshire and Colorado are more likely to go for Romney than any of the other states you've listed.

MZBKA
10-19-2012, 13:05
Some people only see life in snapshots, others see trends.

One of the most frustrating thing in business is working with people who would only see things in snapshots. By the time they got their snapshots, the event is practically over.

Trends show Obama expanding his lead in Ohio after Romney's bump from a strong first debate performance.

One of the most frustrating things in business is working with people who only see what they want to see.

Flintlocker
10-19-2012, 13:16
Nevada and Iowa are more likely to go for Obama than Ohio. New Hampshire and Colorado are more likely to go for Romney than any of the other states you've listed.

Yeah, I was just laying out a very improbable scenario where he could actually lose Ohio and still win. The chances that he'll win either Nevada or Iowa are about 1 to 3 each and lower still to win both. Colorado only slightly leans to Obama... but they do have a Marijuana initiative that should drive people that might not have voted otherwise to the polls, provided they don't get too baked and forget.

FFR Spyder GT
10-19-2012, 13:28
Bob Beckel is just saying what Murdock told him to say.

No one takes anything that Bob Beckel says seriously.

countrygun
10-19-2012, 13:35

You obviously don't know Beckel"s history and it is equally obvious that you have never watched him on FOX. He is anything but a "company man" but then you are unused to that since the liberal trough you dine at tolerates no dissenting opinions on their programs and you cannot relate to anyone doing so.

You are just parroting a DU issue.

robertoh
10-19-2012, 13:57
As the election gets closer the voters are seeing that Obama says in effect,---(more of the same the next 4 years), where Romney will take a different route for the Country and the independents with a lot of people who voted for Obama because they believed his BS will make the big difference.

JFrame
10-19-2012, 14:10

Whereas we take anything you say seriously... :whistling:

Spyder says Obama won the first debate:

I guess y'all watched a different debate than the rest of the world watched.

...Says anyone who votes for Romney is a racist:

How can anyone that's a gun owner, a Veteran or a Christian support Romney?

Oh, that's right....... because Obama is black.

...This classic example of statistical math:

Even the Fox Noise polls has Obama ahead 46% to 44% with a 4.5% margin of error.

Let's see.............

46 + 4.5 = 50.5 = 51%

44 - 4.5 = 39.5 = 40%

Spyder

...And, on one thread, this mystifying quote that made no sense to anyone other than the voice in his head:

Crowley was RIGHT!

She told Romney that his numbers didn't add up and she was RIGHT!

countrygun
10-19-2012, 14:16
Whereas we take anything you say seriously... :whistling:

Spyder says Obama won the first debate:

...Says anyone who votes for Romney is a racist:

...This classic example of statistical math:

...And, on one thread, this mystifying quote that made no sense to anyone other than the voice in his head:

Do you think there is a chance that "FFR Spyder GT" is Joe Biden's screen name?

michael_b
10-19-2012, 15:16

Lmao

Thanks! The name alone gives the 'cesspool' description away...lol

-On mobile

JFrame
10-19-2012, 15:28

Hmmm...POSSIBLY...Although Spyder doesn't really come across as a "Happy Warrior"... http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/artists/just_cuz/JC_thinking.gif

JFrame
10-19-2012, 15:29
Thanks! The name alone gives the 'cesspool' description away...lol

-On mobile

Yer welcome! Pretty much everyone starts out by thinking it's some obscure reference to Ducks Unlimited... :supergrin:

Snowman92D
10-19-2012, 15:32

Assuming the "GT" stands for "gin and tonic", yeah...he could definitely be ol' Joe. :rofl:

countrygun
10-19-2012, 15:33
Yer welcome! Pretty much everyone starts out by thinking it's some obscure reference to Ducks Unlimited... :supergrin:

well, change a few letters in "Ducks Unlimited" and you'd have a pretty good description of the other DU...just sayin

:whistling:

JFrame
10-19-2012, 15:35
well, change a few letters is "Ducks Unlimited" and you'd have a pretty good description of the other DU...just sayin

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

michael_b
10-19-2012, 15:38
well, change a few letters is "Ducks Unlimited" and you'd have a pretty good description of the other DU...just sayin

Lmao quack quack

Wow, so far I've learned I'm a delicate flower if i disagree with gun control and a racist for not liking Obama. Oh and the recession started under Bush, contrary to economist who say it started under Clinton. Go figure.

The only dem I care for on Fox is Kristin Powers. She's nice, thoughtful, genuine.

-On mobile

Kirishiac
10-19-2012, 16:28
Does anyone here honestly believe that Obama is getting a 2008 turn-out? Black, 18-24 demographic(55% of which were black), Hispanic voters will all drop by 2%. Obama can't get above 50% with the high turnout assumption. Republicans have no plan to stay at home on Nov. 6th like they did on 2008.

edit: Since Ohio has been talked about a few times today here's a link to a new breitbart story. http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/10/19/GOPs-Ohio-Advantage

jdavionic
10-19-2012, 16:56
Does anyone here honestly believe that Obama is getting a 2008 turn-out? Black, 18-24 demographic(55% of which were black), Hispanic voters will all drop by 2%. Obama can't get above 50% with the high turnout assumption. Republicans have no plan to stay at home on Nov. 6th like they did on 2008.

edit: Since Ohio has been talked about a few times today here's a link to a new breitbart story. http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/10/19/GOPs-Ohio-Advantage

Not at all. The passion for this election belongs to the GOP. Now whether there are bus loads of illegal immigrants and dead people voting...that's a different story.