Hilarious and Brutal: Romney kills at the annual Alfred E. Smith Dinner [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Hilarious and Brutal: Romney kills at the annual Alfred E. Smith Dinner

DOC44
10-18-2012, 20:11
Hilarious and Brutal: Romney kills at the annual Alfred E. Smith Dinner

Tonight was the annual Alfred E. Smith Dinner where the candidates take a humorous break from the campaign trail. But I gotta say, I was pleasantly surprised at how funny Romney was as he delivered line after line, mostly about the president. In fact he landed some pretty hard blows on the president, namely one where in using the Sesame Street reference he said that President Obama’s remarks “are brought to you by the letter O and the number 16 Trillion.” Ouch! And there’s a lot more where that came from.

http://www.therightscoop.com/hilarious-and-brutal-romney-kills-at-the-annual-alfred-e-smith-dinner/

Doc44

Snowman92D
10-18-2012, 20:26
How about that. A non-Marxist with a sense of humor, to boot! Pretty neat, huh...? :thumbsup:

Bring_it!
10-18-2012, 20:36
I saw it. He was very good. Seemed very comfortable, with himself.

ModGlock17
10-18-2012, 20:39
Thanks for sharing! This is a MUST SEE.

A great moment in the midst of a campaign.

azatrox
10-18-2012, 20:44
Brought to you by the letter O and the number 16 trillion. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

KCCAD
10-18-2012, 20:45
He hit it out of the park. Timing was perfect. Wonder if Dennis Miller helped write the zingers? He's been hitting the road with Romney.

Snowman92D
10-18-2012, 20:50
Wonder if Dennis Miller helped write the zingers? He's been hitting the road with Romney.

Be fun to know. :supergrin:

azatrox
10-18-2012, 20:52
He hit it out of the park. Timing was perfect. Wonder if Dennis Miller helped write the zingers? He's been hitting the road with Romney.

Was thinking the same thing.
Where's Lintlicker? He could use a good laugh.

countrygun
10-18-2012, 20:55
"I was hoping the President would bring Joe Biden along. He's always good for a laugh"

BWahahaha

GAFinch
10-18-2012, 20:58
I loved it!

Providence
10-18-2012, 21:10
Awesome! He looks Presidential! And timing was on!

Gunnut 45/454
10-18-2012, 21:44
Yep I watched it, it was hilarious! :rofl:And spot on! I loved the look on Kuric's face -true contempt!:supergrin: Alot of the hard line Liberals sat in stunded silence as everyone else rolled out of there seats!:supergrin::rofl::supergrin: It was better then any SNL monilog!:supergrin: Flintlicker probably watch an then went and slit his rists as he saw the election of O fall flat on it's face! O looked like a fool!

beforeobamabans
10-19-2012, 02:59
Media headlines:

"Obama embraced by Catholic Church; Romney dines with rich people."
:rofl:

Romney showed a lot here. He was obviously very comfortable in front of this mostly hostile audience. I'm very impressed how his energy level has held up to this grueling schedule and how well prepared he was for this event in the midst of debate season. Very impressive.

JFrame
10-19-2012, 04:35
I watched Romney's routine at the Alfred E. Smith dinner when it aired live last night...Who knew that Romney had such a gift and facility for stand up comedy???

The performance truly was nothing short of brilliant -- I doubt Seinfeld or Dennis Miller could have delivered the lines any better.

He'll slay them at the White House Correspondents Dinner when he's president. :cool:

ModGlock17
10-19-2012, 05:35

Romney showed a lot here. He was obviously very comfortable in front of this mostly hostile audience. I'm very impressed how his energy level has held up to this grueling schedule and how well prepared he was for this event in the midst of debate season. Very impressive.

I think you're going at the right implication here.

We want a President who would stand firm for us against the Russians, Iranian. Comfortable and confident in his own skin, know what is important. He can deliver cordial right hooks, left hooks, rather than apologies. He can run over idiots like Hugo Chavez if need be. He may be the one who shuts down UN donation from our tax dollars, turn their NY building into Salvation Army facility to take care of our own needy. He is the President we need. Paul Ryan is very similar.

They are the team America need. I am sure of that, very very sure. They stand up for the United States of America.

Seemingly an excursion from the campaign, this speech firms up support from conservatives, at a minimum. he wont be just ahead of BHO, he's running away. Great use of a speech! Masterful.

JFrame
10-19-2012, 05:54
I think you're going at the right implication here.

We want a President who would stand firm for us against the Russians, Iranian. Comfortable and confident in his own skin, know what is important. He can deliver cordial right hooks, left hooks, rather than apologies. He can run over idiots like Hugo Chavez if need be.

Yep -- I got a large sense of that from the two debates also. Romney has a spine, and will not approach an issue from the standpoint of fear or hesitancy.

It's like that moment in the last debate when Obama expressed "righteous indignation" and waved his finger at Romney -- it just didn't look right. You just know whether a person is putting on an act, or has the courage of his convictions. And if I can recognize that, guaranteed all the tin-pot world leaders can recognize that also.

I can see Romney telling Medvedev, "Tell Putin there's no way I'm going to be flexible on that -- I'm going to do what's right." And they'll know he means it.

stk10767
10-19-2012, 05:54
I just saw it and thought it was brilliant. I think the American people are thirsting for someone who exudes a truly presidential image.

ModGlock17
10-19-2012, 06:08
Yep -- I got a large sense of that from the two debates also. Romney has a spine, and will not approach an issue from the standpoint of fear or hesitancy. ....

I can see Romney telling Medvedev, "Tell Putin there's no way I'm going to be flexible on that -- I'm going to do what's right." And they'll know he means it.

You must be a very intuitive person! One of the greatest gift in life is the ability to read another person.

Romney will only talk to Putin. He'd send a water boy to talk to a water boy, just like Putin sent Medvedev to Obama.

Skyhook
10-19-2012, 06:25
I had missed that, darn it, and I really appreciate the posting! :wavey:

At one point I saw something truly unforgettable- the letter 'O' was , it seemed, seen trying to crawl inside his cup.

:supergrin:

Paul7
10-19-2012, 07:42
Never thought I'd say this, but Romney is turning into my favorite presidential candidate since Reagan. This guy is waay smarter than McCain was. Romney got his MBA and law degree at Harvard at the same time, McCain finished at the bottom of his class at the Naval Academy, and probably only got in there because his dad was a famous admiral.

Vic777
10-19-2012, 07:46
Obama's routine was flat and poorly delivered, if you can stomach listening to it a second time, in a way it was still, "All about me"

amazon
10-19-2012, 08:04
I saw it live, and I lol'd a few times. he really IS a funny guy. I've heard this a few times said about him from his campaign, but this is the first time I've seen it and it did seem very natural. Not sure you can fake it.

O's seemed forced, and like he was trying to still use it as an opportunity to recover from the first debate. One joke about it was funny, 4 or 5 over the top.

If I had to score them, R's was a 10, O's was a 5, and kind of whiney.

Was it me, or did R get more applause??

jeanderson
10-19-2012, 08:07
This was great. This, and his performance at the debates has really thrust Romney out in front of the people. And guess what? He's not the evil rich guy the Obama campaign is trying to make him out to be. He can be funny, personal and truly cares about people. He is getting more respect by the day.

IvanVic
10-19-2012, 08:20
"so little time, so much to redistribute"

:)

BuckeyePPC
10-19-2012, 08:29
Brought to you by the letter O and the number 16 trillion. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Hilarious video. He looked very relaxed and was having a good time. Speaking of letters, I hope the Romney team has plenty of letter R keys for the missing ones on the WH computers. :supergrin:

JFrame
10-19-2012, 08:43
I also liked the way Romney managed to deflect and disarm people regarding his own wealth. Paraphrasing here, he said, "On the campaign trail, you're forced to change your outfit many times...Maybe jeans in the morning, a suit in the afternoon, a sports jacket in the evening...But at this event, Ann and I can just wear what we have on around the house..." (Of course, he was wearing a tux... :supergrin: )

BuckeyePPC
10-19-2012, 09:27
After a Joe Biden speech we just have to insert I'm Mitt Romney and I approve this message. :rofl:

JFrame
10-19-2012, 09:42
"The news media and I both have a role to play. It's my job to put forth a plan for economic growth -- and it's the media's role to keep anyone from hearing about it."

Zing! :rofl:

Little Joe
10-19-2012, 09:43
One thing that struck me was when Obama said he went shopping in a few stores while in Manhattan for the event and Romney went shopping FOR a few stores. A jab at his wealth.

It contrasted Romney's successful belief in capitalism against Obama's less successful disdain for it.

JFrame
10-19-2012, 09:54
One thing that struck me was when Obama said he went shopping in a few stores while in Manhattan for the event and Romney went shopping FOR a few stores. A jab at his wealth.

It contrasted Romney's successful belief in capitalism against Obama's less successful disdain for it.

Yeah -- I actually found that line kind of humorous (one of the few by Obama that were), but it was clearly meant as a jab at Romney's wealth -- yet it did not diminish him in the least.

ModGlock17
10-19-2012, 09:54

Communists garner power by invoking the poor's disdain for others' wealth.

Paul7
10-19-2012, 09:56

More class warfare. It's what Marxists do.

Rooster Rugburn
10-19-2012, 11:09
I was surprised. I mistakenly thought those were supposed to be non political, but Romney really gave it to Obama.

Rooster Rugburn
10-19-2012, 11:10
I also liked the way Romney managed to deflect and disarm people regarding his own wealth. Paraphrasing here, he said, "On the campaign trail, you're forced to change your outfit many times...Maybe jeans in the morning, a suit in the afternoon, a sports jacket in the evening...But at this event, Ann and I can just wear what we have on around the house..." (Of course, he was wearing a tux... :supergrin: )

That, the Big Bird comment, and the part of how the media will report it: "Romney dines with the rich" were classic.

JFrame
10-19-2012, 11:41
That, the Big Bird comment, and the part of how the media will report it: "Romney dines with the rich" were classic.

Yup! :thumbsup:

michael_b
10-19-2012, 11:42
Media headlines:

I'm Catholic, I didn't get that memo....

-On mobile

countrygun
10-19-2012, 12:37
Media headlines:

"Chock-ful-'o-assumptions" are we?

Lets see,

Are you assuming the wealthy don't like Romney?

Are you assuming that there is no one in NY that likes Romney?

Are you assuming that Catholics automatically prefer Obama's values and Reverend Wright's mentoring to a Mormon?

Just what makes that a "hostile audence"?

Jeff82
10-19-2012, 12:39
Hilarious and Brutal: Romney kills at the annual Alfred E. Smith Dinner

So true! I laughed greatly.

jdavionic
10-19-2012, 13:12
Obama's routine was flat and poorly delivered, if you can stomach listening to it a second time, in a way it was still, "All about me"

That's his favorite subject.

Providence
10-19-2012, 17:00
I have watched it a couple of more times today. Romney is growing on me. I may actually allow myself to get excited.

BuckeyePPC
10-19-2012, 17:28
I have watched it a couple of more times today. Romney is growing on me. I may actually allow myself to get excited.

Please don't tell us if you start getting a tingling in your legs. :tongueout:

Providence
10-19-2012, 17:42
Please don't tell us if you start getting a tingling in your legs. :tongueout:

Now that you mention it....

Nah, I'm too libertarian to get too worked up. At best he works for us. But... I'm developing hope that he might work out okay. Now if he starts getting back our liberty - eliminating fed. Dept. like Ed. and homeland Security... and rolling back some of these intrusive laws... Then I might get tingly! I guess I'm pretty safe there.