Poll finds Akin with slight lead over McCaskill [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Poll finds Akin with slight lead over McCaskill

stormspotter
10-18-2012, 21:04
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/polls/262019-poll-finds-akin-with-slight-lead-over-mccaskill

Rove thought he gave Akin the kiss of death and now I hope it comes back to bite him in the butt.:rofl:

Don't know what the results of tonights debate will be, but we can only hope for the best.

GAFinch
10-18-2012, 21:05
I've heard that he's a good candidate overall.

Paul7
10-18-2012, 21:33
If Romney does well Nov. 6, his coattails will bring a lot of Republican candidates across the finish line.

Foxtrotx1
10-18-2012, 21:37
Legitimate rape Atkin?

stormspotter
10-18-2012, 22:13
Legitimate rape Atkin?

He was here last saturday and I had a chance to hear him speak and got to talk with him afterward.

While I agree it was an unfortunate thing to say, his overall politican stand and support of conservative principals is far above McCaskill.

Besides name one politician that has not made a statement that they later regret, . . . . . . . . . besides Biden.:supergrin:

beforeobamabans
10-19-2012, 01:39
It would be delicious if he wins. For starters, that probably means Republican control of the Senate and the end of the reign of Dirty Harry. Secondly, it will drive the progressive talking heads absolutely berserk. This is indicating a GOP sweep of the whole enchilada.

Bruce H
10-19-2012, 05:10
The look on McCaskills face when she looses will be priceless. After all her buddies made sure she faced Akin in this election.

IvanVic
10-19-2012, 05:12
I think it would do more harm than good. Why give the left more ammo?

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

rj1939
10-19-2012, 07:02
McCaskill is so pathetic that all Akin had to do was keep his mouth shut.............but he had to pull defeat from the jaws of victory.
Is Akin somehow related to Biden?

Little Joe
10-19-2012, 07:26
I think it would do more harm than good. Why give the left more ammo?

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

What would the poll, or him getting elected?

I would rather have his vote in the Senate no matter what the Dems thought about it or how they want to spin it. They are too busy plugging holes in their leaky boat to mount much of an offense.

michael_b
10-19-2012, 09:37
I don't by it. These are the same people that kept voting in Alan Wheat year after year after year. They're solidly democrat in their voting in that area. I had to live with it for a long time.

-On mobile

Wake_jumper
10-19-2012, 09:43
That's surprising. Akin's an idiot.

Diesel McBadass
10-19-2012, 09:56
yeah akin should go crawl back in his hole and be stupid somewhere else

Brucev
10-19-2012, 11:15
Is Akin and idiot? Maybe. Is McCaskill and idiot? Absolutely. Can Akin be expected to vote the right way on anything brought before the senate? Yes. Can McCaskill be counted on to vote for the squatter on anything brought before the senate? Yes. What to do? What to do? Simple! Vote Akin! That was easy!

OldCurlyWolf
10-19-2012, 11:34
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/polls/262019-poll-finds-akin-with-slight-lead-over-mccaskill

Rove thought he gave Akin the kiss of death and now I hope it comes back to bite him in the butt.:rofl:

Don't know what the results of tonights debate will be, but we can only hope for the best.

That is a big target to bite.

Rove deserves it.

:rofl:

OldCurlyWolf
10-19-2012, 11:35
That's surprising. Akin's an idiot.
Maybe, but he is better than the current alternative.:tongueout:

wjv
10-19-2012, 15:22
akin leading mccaskill 49 to 45 percent with 7 percent undecided.

49 + 45 + 7 = 101% :whistling:

JFrame
10-19-2012, 15:33
49 + 45 + 7 = 101% :whistling:

Hmm...Spyder must be tabulating that poll... http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/artists/just_cuz/JC_thinking.gif

fx77
10-19-2012, 15:37
Woe, wouldn't that be sumtin'?

callihan_44
10-19-2012, 17:51
I am told the ads she's running in the state makes her out to be a moderate, and in some cases conservative :steamed:

ERASER
10-19-2012, 18:50
Saw this today. Apparently, her husband was closing business deals in the Senate dining room....

http://hotair.com/greenroom/archives/2012/10/19/sen-mccaskill-testy-over-question-about-her-husbands-dining-room-deals/

Angry Fist
10-19-2012, 18:53
****it. I'm still voting for Akin.

BassCatcher
10-19-2012, 19:15
Personally, I think Akin is a bumbling idiot. That said, it is a complete no brainer when it comes down to who I will vote for. It's Akin...with no hesitation.

Angry Fist
10-19-2012, 23:14
Personally, I think Akin is a bumbling idiot. That said, it is a complete no brainer when it comes down to who I will vote for. It's Akin...with no hesitation.
From Truman to Bagnell and beyond, we agree.

Jarhead247
10-20-2012, 05:41
Is Akin and idiot? Maybe. Is McCaskill and idiot? Absolutely. Can Akin be expected to vote the right way on anything brought before the senate? Yes. Can McCaskill be counted on to vote for the squatter on anything brought before the senate? Yes. What to do? What to do? Simple! Vote Akin! That was easy!

I am not voting for Akin to teach biology & science, I am voting for him to be a conservative Senator.

Providence
10-20-2012, 06:28
I have a friend who has met him and knows a good bit about him. My friend says that Aiken is a good, principled man with a history of being thoughtful. So he misspoke. All politicians do. So he said something dumb. Most politicians do.

Ever heard the story of Quayle's big misspelling of potato? It was a firestorm over a simple mistake. i can misspell "I"! I realize Aiken's mistake was more complicated, but the reaction was similar. And it is based to the tried and proven technique of repeating the mistake over and over until it becomes a "truth" that defines a person.

My understanding is that Aiken was corrected and understands his mistake and changed his opinion. Has Biden ever done that? Has Pelosi ever done that? Reid?

QNman
10-20-2012, 09:05
I am told the ads she's running in the state makes her out to be a moderate, and in some cases conservative :steamed:

Her ads actually SAY she's a moderate. She is proclaiming she "went against her own party" in some cases.

Akin was an idiot, but McCaskill is a shill.

G29Reload
10-20-2012, 18:58
Legitimate rape Atkin?

Legitimate rape as opposed to a false accusation of rape, OBVIOUSLY, Beavis.

countrygun
10-20-2012, 19:01
Her ads actually SAY she's a moderate. She is proclaiming she "went against her own party" in some cases.

Akin was an idiot, but McCaskill is a shill.

But "which" party?:dunno:

QNman
10-21-2012, 07:36
But "which" party?:dunno:

She says she went against the Democrats and Obama. But she also told a reporter a year ago that the Senate and the House passed a balanced budget, and that a lot of government programs had been cut in the budget. So whatever she's smoking must be pretty strong.

beforeobamabans
10-21-2012, 09:03
If you are the slightest bit pro-life, you have to support Akin. So what if he can't quite express an absolute pro-life position well enough to escape the "gotchya" lefty press? Given any chance, he will vote down Roe v. Wade, returning abortion laws to the states where they belong, he will oppose liberal SCOTUS nominees and he will help us move Dirty Harry to a smaller office.

Come on Missouri, show us.