Should parents sue this school? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Should parents sue this school?

Skyhook
10-19-2012, 08:27
Even though I am very against any more unnecessary lawyer welfare, I think a good case could be made for a suit in this case.

http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes/top-stories/entire-school-dismisses-to-attend-obama-rally.html

JFrame
10-19-2012, 08:53
I agree...Going to a political rally for any candidate is not the same as visiting a local legislator's office, or watching the proceedings on the floor of a senate. And public funds were expended to pay for this boondoggle by the teachers (I'm assuming none of the faculty took leave without pay for that day)?

This activity definitely demands repercussions.

Brucev
10-19-2012, 11:19
Nothing will happen. It will be deemed a legitimate field trip. And... in spite of how very much I despise the squatter, it probably should be deemed a legitimate field trip. Why? Because the squatter is the current sitting president. Romney is at present a candidate for that office. There is a difference.

Skyhook
10-19-2012, 11:26
While I agree that 'nothing will happen' ( I know several Rhodies), this is the part that rankles me.. "More than 250 teachers and students of a public charter middle school in Rhode Island spent Thursday at a political rally for President Obama –"

Should kids go to that sort of 'specialized' an event at the cost of all the fuel, the drivers, and a day of school?

I do not think so. This is not the same as watching the president- BHO- quaff beers or play golf... no, it is a POLITICAL RALLY bent on reelecting the slug.:faint:

JFrame
10-19-2012, 11:40
While I agree that 'nothing will happen' ( I know several Rhodies), this is the part that rankles me.. "More than 250 teachers and students of a public charter middle school in Rhode Island spent Thursday at a political rally for President Obama "

Should kids go to that sort of 'specialized' an event at the cost of all the fuel, the drivers, and a day of school?

I do not think so. This is not the same as watching the president- BHO- quaff beers or play golf... no, it is a POLITICAL RALLY bent on reelecting the slug.:faint:

I agree again. If the president happens to visit the school (after having made all prior arrangements) as part of some sort of outreach or education-oriented program, that's one thing. But we're talking about a political rally. It's just not the same animal. There is an inherent bias and lack of neutrality being exhibited by that school, its faculty, and its administration.