Mark Levin: "Debates donít matter anymore, Obama's back against the wall" [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Mark Levin: "Debates donít matter anymore, Obama's back against the wall"

Zombie Surgeon
10-19-2012, 10:08
Mark Levinís opening rant from Wednesday, the day after the second Presidential debate was great. Below is a partial transcription.

Obama did his very best last night and it wasnít good enough. Iím going to tell you folks something, the debates donít matter anymore. They do not matter anymore. Thereís no way Obama can explain away his record. Heís the incumbent, these are his policies, his taxes, his regulations, his deficits, what can he say? Obama is now a known quantity. Heís cornered. Cornered with his own record, his own propaganda, his back is against the wall, so he lies. He lies about job creation, he lies about his role in oil and gas production, he lies about cutting taxes multiple times for small businesses and the middle class, he lies about cutting the debt, he lies about his concern for the middle class.
But Obama isnít trusted anymore, see? You donít trust him. More and more people understand that heís lying. Because his statements donít conform with your own reality, your own experiences now.
Obama also lies about Romney and Romneyís plan. Romney doesnít want to deny women medical coverage and treatment. Romney isnít proposing a five trillion dollar tax cut for the rich. Romney isnít proposing raising taxes on the middle class by two thousand dollars a year. And Romney isnít proposing leaving the elderly without medical coverage. Furthermore, Romney isnít hiding his assets overseas, heís not evading his federal tax payments. Romney is not writing off 40 percent of the people in this country. (Obamaís) twisting his words and taking them out of context.
And then there is the other question, what will Obama do if heís elected for the next four years? And when pressed on how he would create new jobs, how he would create new businesses, how he would expand the economy, Obama has no ideas, he has no plans, he has no answers.
This election is not really between Obama and Romney, itís between Obama and us!
What kind of country do we want?
The fact is, if Obama had been a more moderate president, he would be hard to beat. But the fact is, Obama has unleashed the government. Heís waging war against our heritage, heís waging war against our country, heís waging war against our individual sovereignty. In short, Obama is attacking our unalienable rights.
Now you see folks, enough of us are still rugged individuals. Now, what do I mean by that? We are self-reliant and independent. We donít need or want the government to subsidize us, and we donít like being pushed around, including by bureaucrats and politicians. We donít like being told weíre selfish when weíre taxed to death. We donít like being told we owe our success to the government, when we owe our success in spite of the government. We donít like our property being confiscated from us, and given to those who havenít earned it.
Weíre not progressives, weíre not statists, weíre not Fabians, we are Americans.
Obama doesnít understand us.
Obama doesnít respect us.
Obama doesnít listen to us.
Again, this contest isnít about Obama versus Romney, itís about Obama versus We the People.
Iíll say it again, there is something going on in this country. There is a sense of urgency. Which I believe is growing because we know exactly what Obama has planned for us in the next four years.
Just as the colonists met in their homes and pubs and churches, I believe across this great nation, many of you are doing the same thing.
We take this personally. This is our country, this is our government, our childrenís futures are at stake, our lifestyleís at stake. Thatís our Constitution, our Declaration of Independence.
Debate or no debate, (nothingís going to change) unless we change who is in Washington DC.

jeanderson
10-19-2012, 10:13
Brilliant - sums it up very well. I think the results on election day won't be close to what the polls say. People are fed up!

janice6
10-19-2012, 10:33
Brilliant - sums it up very well. I think the results on election day won't be close to what the polls say. People are fed up!

I know I am. I'm also hearing more dem-liberals we know, saying they are tired of Obama too, and voting for Romney.

ModGlock17
10-19-2012, 10:37
I know I am. I'm also hearing more dem-liberals we know, saying they are tired of Obama too, and voting for Romney.

Well then, you've coined a new term, Romney's Democrats. May even go as far as Romney's Liberals.

wjv
10-19-2012, 10:44
The fact is, if Obama had been a more moderate president, he would be hard to beat.

So very very true. .

And that rightfully scares a lot of people. The fact that Obama was so willing to "go left" even when he had his re-election to worry about. Now we wonder, what will Obama, with no re-election worries, try to cram down our throats?

p.d.
10-19-2012, 11:58
[QUOYTE]The fact is, if Obama had been a more moderate president, he would be hard to beat.

So very very true. .

And that rightfully scares a lot of people. The fact that Obama was so willing to "go left" even when he had his re-election to worry about. Now we wonder, what will Obama, with no re-election worries, try to cram down our throats?[/QUOTE]

It will only be two months. By the time the leviathan we know as the federal government could try to implement his idiocy, Romney can rescind it.

amazon
10-19-2012, 12:26
He was too arrogant to learn anything from Clinton. Clinton was "smart" enough to move to the middle to get re-elected. O...not so much.

I know it's not over, but it's looking more like it each say. R is still gaining support, crucially at the right time.

Little Joe
10-19-2012, 13:04

Little Joe
10-19-2012, 13:06
So very very true. .

And that rightfully scares a lot of people. The fact that Obama was so willing to "go left" even when he had his re-election to worry about. Now we wonder, what will Obama, with no re-election worries, try to cram down our throats?

His ego and political style remind of Solomon's son and successor Rehoboam. It didn't end well for him or the country.

countrygun
10-19-2012, 13:42
[QUOYTE]The fact is, if Obama had been a more moderate president, he would be hard to beat.

So very very true. .

And that rightfully scares a lot of people. The fact that Obama was so willing to "go left" even when he had his re-election to worry about. Now we wonder, what will Obama, with no re-election worries, try to cram down our throats?[/QUOTE]

I am not sure that isn't giving too much credit to ideology and not enough to outright reality.

If Obama hadn't tossed away tons of 'stimulus" money

And IF Obama had actually DONE SOMETHING that did improve the economy THEN he might have stood a chance.

He actually shot himself in the foot at that dinner speech last night bt bringing up that "unemployment is the lowest since I took office. Great 43 or so months and ONE month we see a miniscule statistical dip--whoopie 'Happy days are here again":upeyes:

BLACKMAGICK
10-19-2012, 18:17
As usual Levin is to the point. BO has to go and to those of us with eyes open the "sense of urgency" has been going on for four years. The only problem I see is, are there enough people with eyes open? We'll know very soon.

G17Jake
10-19-2012, 19:11
As usual Levin is to the point. BO has to go and to those of us with eyes open the "sense of urgency" has been going on for four years. The only problem I see is, are there enough people with eyes open? We'll know very soon.

Enough to overcome the voter fraud I hope.

hogfish
10-19-2012, 19:13
It's evident that Levin's idea of 'Ordered Liberty' differs from Obama's. We'll see which 'liberties' are allowed us after the elections.

:yawn:

G29Reload
10-19-2012, 23:20
Levin is must listen, I catch him in N VA every night now at 6 on 105.9 WMAL.