Need an affordable set of back up sights for my M4 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Need an affordable set of back up sights for my M4

WarEagle32
10-19-2012, 15:59
I need a decent, yet very affordable set of flip up, back up sights for my M4. Help me find a deal on a set guys. Thanks!

John Biltz
10-19-2012, 16:12
Amazon.com: Magpul MBUS Gen 2 Folding Rear Site: Sports & Outdoors@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41DPub1lPeL.@@AMEPARAM@@41DPub1lPeL

AK_Stick
10-19-2012, 16:41
Do you just need a rear? I may have a MAtech I took off my M4 I would part with cheap

Snaps
10-19-2012, 16:52
magpuls are cheap and work well .

DaleGribble
10-19-2012, 16:54
Do you just need a rear? I may have a MAtech I took off my M4 I would part with cheap

How much ya want for it?

faawrenchbndr
10-19-2012, 17:02
Troy,..........the last sight you will ever buy!

Brian Brazier
10-19-2012, 17:31
Troys are nice but pricey and I had one fall apart when I flipped it up (it was used three times never abused) Stickman has also had some fail. Magpul MBUS are good if you want a flip up, personally I perfer fixed rear sights. What is your AR setup? Do you need a flip up? I run an Eotech absolute co witnessed with the Daniel Defense A1.5, and A2 front sight.

WarEagle32
10-19-2012, 18:38
I have a Daniel Defense as well. It's a M4V5 LW. I am trying to decide on an optic right now. I can't make up my mind between the Micro T1, the Comp M4 or an Eotech Exps3. Tough, tough choice!

ak103k
10-19-2012, 19:01
Whats "affordable"?

In the long run, the stuff that initially seems expensive, usually turns out to be the cheapest.

I like these :)

http://www.gggaz.com/spring-actuated-front-and-rear-sight-sale.html

AK_Stick
10-19-2012, 19:36
How much ya want for it?

Uh, I dunno, a case of beer or two I guess?

DaleGribble
10-19-2012, 19:45
Uh, I dunno, a case of beer or two I guess?

Two cases and shipping to AK is gonna be pricey! :supergrin:

$30?

Cole125
10-19-2012, 20:11
Troy,..........the last sight you will ever buy!

+1! Get Troy BUIS and be done with it. Best BUIS you can get, period.

I don't care about Magpuls MBUS drop tests, they are plastic, and they are clunky pieces of junk.

Brian Brazier
10-19-2012, 20:38
I have a Daniel Defense as well. It's a M4V5 LW. I am trying to decide on an optic right now. I can't make up my mind between the Micro T1, the Comp M4 or an Eotech Exps3. Tough, tough choice!

I have owned both Eotechs and Aimpoints, both have advantages and dissatvantages, I would try some out if you have the chance, I perfer the Eotech reticle. If I do buy another Aimpoint it will be a micro, the others are too big IMO. I just bought the XPS2.0, I like it, but the rifle I have it on is just for range and HD, most of the time it sits in the box, along with the G2 flashlight with upgraded aluminum bezel, clicky on off switch, and Gear Sector mount. I find myself going back to basics, I might even sell my Eotech and flashlight setup, and buy a CZ 75B I have had my eye on.

ak103k
10-19-2012, 20:39
Get Troy BUIS and be done with it. Best BUIS you can get, period.
I have a set of Troys on my M&P15 (they came with the gun), and a set of GG&G's similar to whats in the link above on another rifle. While the Troys are "OK", they do have a lot of play/movement in them when deployed, and dont shoot as well as the GG&G's. They just dont seem to have the same repeatability, which I believe is directly contributed to the slop in them. The GG&G's when deployed are rock solid with absolutely no movement in them.

Both rifles also have Aimpoints M2's on them, and shoot very similarly using the red dots, so I dont think its a gun issue.

samuse
10-19-2012, 21:33
+1! Get Troy BUIS and be done with it. Best BUIS you can get, period.

I don't care about Magpuls MBUS drop tests, they are plastic, and they are clunky pieces of junk.

I run Troys on mine but they're not the best, just the ones we like the best for the price.

I'd say KACs are better and Magpuls are definitely tough, but I don't like 'em either.

I used to run a DD A1.5 and I'd say it's the best, I just prefer a flip up.

Brian Brazier
10-19-2012, 21:48
Are you looking for flip ups cause your planning on ripunning a magnifier? Cause if your just going to run an Eotech or Aimpoint I would stick with the A1.5, with the 0-2 apature you can co witness either, or go the lower 1/3 route.

WarEagle32
10-19-2012, 22:30
Are you looking for flip ups cause your planning on ripunning a magnifier? Cause if your just going to run an Eotech or Aimpoint I would stick with the A1.5, with the 0-2 apature you can co witness either, or go the lower 1/3 route.

I currently have a PRO on my S&W M4 X Model. I am just lethally stuck on EO vs Aimpoint. I love the death ring on the Eo's, and I love the battery life of the Aimpoints. I have the LW version of the DD V5, so a micro T1 would make a lot of sense. However, I have found a Comp M4s withe the QRP2 mount for the same price as a T-1 with a Larue mount. Both are very high and the T1 makes the most sense on paper, I've just always loved the Comp M4s for some reason. I also think that an EXPS3 would be awesome, and it is as good as you can get for an EO basically! May be awhile before I have the cash to put much more into her. But my DD is my dream rifle and I want my dream red dot to put on it. One of those 3 is it. Opinions please? Also I just want a basic front and back set of flip ups for this rifle, I don't want to spend too awful much on the sights because I have spent a ton on everything else. But that V5 LW is a sweet shooting damn fine rifle IMO! Opinions guys!!!!

Brian Brazier
10-19-2012, 22:42
In that case you cant go wrong with the Magpul MBUS sights. Yeah the Aimpoint has better battery life, but the Eotechs for the most part are smaller and take up less space, if you do decide to magnify the Eotech sight stays the same size (Aimpoint dots tripple in size), and the reticle allows super fast target aquisition. I have found just having a dot I could loose it when moving between targets quickly, but the ring on the Eotech its hard to miss, and with the majority of grips and stocks having storage for spare batteries its easy to carry spares.

boomhower
10-19-2012, 23:56
DD 1.5. BUIS don't have to be flippers. If your optic goes down your sights are right there, no buttons to hit or anything to mess with. Just a slight readjustment. With a lower 1/3 cowitness the irons don't interfere at all after a bit of use.

faawrenchbndr
10-20-2012, 03:40
I used to run a DD A1.5 and I'd say it's the best, I just prefer a flip up.

VERY darn good sight!

WarEagle32
10-20-2012, 09:24
I have owned both Eotechs and Aimpoints, both have advantages and dissatvantages, I would try some out if you have the chance, I perfer the Eotech reticle. If I do buy another Aimpoint it will be a micro, the others are too big IMO. I just bought the XPS2.0, I like it, but the rifle I have it on is just for range and HD, most of the time it sits in the box, along with the G2 flashlight with upgraded aluminum bezel, clicky on off switch, and Gear Sector mount. I find myself going back to basics, I might even sell my Eotech and flashlight setup, and buy a CZ 75B I have had my eye on.

I meant to endorse the CZ 75 earlier. I have a CZ Customs 85 Combat and another Pre B CZ 75 and I think they are the best pistols made at any price. I own or have owned one or two of just about every good pistol and my 85 Combat is the best pistol that my hands have ever touched. You won't regret getting a 75B. I would just get the firing pin block removed (take the B out)and that will move that pistol to near perfection!

AK_Stick
10-20-2012, 11:17
Two cases and shipping to AK is gonna be pricey! :supergrin:

$30?

Sounds good, pm me your addy, I'm leaving for a bear hunt, I can send it out monday.

geauxbubba
10-20-2012, 13:20
You might find some used ones on Ebay.

Made in Austria
10-20-2012, 14:45
I'd get a Magpul sight set for about $89 on Amazon. Magpul sights are well made, extremely durable, and should/will last you a lifetime.

I also saw a Troy battle flip up front sight falling apart. I'm sure it's rare, but still, it's the fourth Troy front sight fail I have seen and heard of. I have a FDE Troy battle flip up front sight on mine and love it. It has absolutely zero play in it. It also looks and feels extremely robust and works great so far.

The Troy is one sexy sight

http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd419/wolfgun/DSCN7054.jpg

http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd419/wolfgun/DSCN7055.jpg