Woman, 80, arrested after tearing down LaRouche group's 'Obama-Hitler' sign [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Woman, 80, arrested after tearing down LaRouche group's 'Obama-Hitler' sign

ERASER
10-19-2012, 18:43
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/10/19/connecticut-woman-tears-down-signs-that-portray-obama-as-hitler/

SGT HATRED
10-19-2012, 18:47
:popcorn:

countrygun
10-19-2012, 18:52
I didn't realize that LaRouche had given up on being Ron Paul's VP and had decided to run for Pres on his own.

:whistling:

W420Hunter
10-19-2012, 18:58
“My generation went through the Second World War, and Nazism is about the worst thing there can be,” she said.
She was there but she learned nothing. We where fighting for basic freedoms such as the right to put up photos like that.

JFrame
10-19-2012, 18:59
I suspect that the woman's "outrage" had nothing to do with having lived through WWII... :upeyes:

jakebrake
10-20-2012, 07:20
larouch is an idiot. his idiocy is surpassed only by the pack of idiots that follow that waste of life.

that being said, it only makes sense that a pack of scumbags like the ones mentioned would come up with a sign that offensive. and i get why that woman would do it.

however, doesn't make her right. i'd have just pointed at them and laughed.

and everyone wonders why the third party just wont take off? (his 92 attempts to get the democrat nomination don't count...i figured that prison time would have been a resume enchancement)

Snowman92D
10-20-2012, 07:47
...and everyone wonders why the third party just wont take off? (his 92 attempts to get the democrat nomination don't count...i figured that prison time would have been a resume enchancement)

Among Democrats it is. :whistling:

Ummagumma
10-20-2012, 07:50
Kudos to that very brave woman. This is insulting to the millions who fought Hitler. This is also insulting to all of us. The American politics got too dirty. Whether you like the standing Pres or not, you have to give minimum respect to the citizens who elected him and our democratic process. This applies to Obama (whom I personally see as a fraud). This applied to Bush, whom the liberals loved to compare to Hitler (and whom I see as an active fool). About the only President in my lifetime who was truly criminal was Nixon - he tried to use State power to illegally circumvent election process, thus he acted as a dictator. But Hitler he was not.

This being GTalk, though, I don't expect many people to agree with me :)

JFrame
10-20-2012, 09:12

Yes, at GT we generally respect the freedom of speech and the right of a person to express his/her views, assuming it's being done legally, without having that expression violated by others. It pains to allow that same expression to Klansmen, Black Panthers, Neo-Nazis, Eco-Terrorists, and the like -- but that is the cost of living in a free society.

Ummagumma
10-20-2012, 09:49
Precisely.

JFrame
10-20-2012, 09:54
Precisely.

In that case, being true to your principles as you are, you cannot grant approbation to some woman for violating someone else's right in that regard.

jakebrake
10-20-2012, 10:58
Kudos to that very brave woman. This is insulting to the millions who fought Hitler. This is also insulting to all of us. The American politics got too dirty. Whether you like the standing Pres or not, you have to give minimum respect to the citizens who elected him and our democratic process. This applies to Obama (whom I personally see as a fraud). This applied to Bush, whom the liberals loved to compare to Hitler (and whom I see as an active fool). About the only President in my lifetime who was truly criminal was Nixon - he tried to use State power to illegally circumvent election process, thus he acted as a dictator. But Hitler he was not.

i'm actually not disagreeing. i think it was offensive, and stupid to make a sign like that. i think she crossed the line when she acted in a manner as improper as the original. doesn't mean i disagree with her, per se, but, letting them know just how small and inconsequential they truly are seems to work better.