9mm Glock chambers? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : 9mm Glock chambers?

rcamp
10-19-2012, 20:52
Should I expect any issues with reloading brass shot thru Glock factory barrels? (G-19)I realize the chambers are generous,I'm wondering how many encounter problems around the case head? I will be reloading 124 jhp to standard pressure.
Thanks

wanderinwalker
10-19-2012, 21:46
You shouldn't have any problems loading for Glocks 9mm chambers. The "generous" chamber issues only seem to crop up in the .40/.45/10mm pistols.

I really do think Glock's 9mm chamber is tighter than many other companies use (I'm thinking American manufacturers specifically). Brass fired in my G-17 resizes fairly easily, which I cannot say for some of the range pickups I've found.

shotgunred
10-19-2012, 22:17
As long as you properly adjust your sizing die you will not have any problems with your brass.

judgecrater
10-21-2012, 09:56
I have reloaded thousands of 9 and 45 out of Glock barrels without issue. Not a hint of a bulge from fired cases.

F106 Fan
10-21-2012, 10:11
You might consider the Lee sizing die. This particular die has a smaller radius at the opening and resizes marginally farther down the case than other dies. This seemed to help with the free-range Glock 9mm brass I picked up.

There is a downside: The smaller radius isn't necessarily an advantage with high speed progressive presses. The die doesn't tend to align the case in the shell holder.

Richard

FLSlim
10-22-2012, 07:27
As others said, no. Reload it with confidence. I've never experienced any problems with 9 or 45 and only very minimal with 40 reloaded Glock brass.

El_Ron1
10-22-2012, 08:13
A non issue for decades.

Three-Five-Seven
10-22-2012, 08:23
The Lee Bulge Buster is your huckleberry.

Brass previously fired in Glocks will cause problems in Colt's type pistols with regularity.

dkf
10-22-2012, 09:09
My Glock .357 and .40 barrels both measure right in the middle of the SAAMI specified size range. Not "sloppy" at all. A Lee sizing die sizes down the case further than some other dies.

M24C
10-22-2012, 21:51
I use the Lee undersize die from evolution gun works and I've used range brass for 9mm. I Don't have any problems. Over 95% Of all my loads fit a case gauge. It shouldn't be any problem resizing the brass. L

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

unclebob
10-22-2012, 22:05
I use the Lee undersize die from evolution gun works and I've used range brass for 9mm. I Don't have any problems. Over 95% Of all my loads fit a case gauge. It shouldn't be any problem resizing the brass. L

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

All the under size does is sizes the case .001 small from a standard Lee sizer die. It does not size further down than a standard Lee sizer die. Dillon and a couple of other dies yes because of the recess for easier use with progressive presses. If you have the sizer die adjusted right and you crimp die adjusted right you should have no problem with your rounds.
All the brass I use are range pickup.

rcamp
10-23-2012, 02:40
I appreciate all the replies. Many thanks, I sort brass from headstamp thru how many times fired. I will monitor closely,
as I do all reloads, But I'm more confident havin drawn on your experiences. Thanks again to all replies.

M24C
10-24-2012, 16:40
All the under size does is sizes the case .001 small from a standard Lee sizer die. It does not size further down than a standard Lee sizer die. Dillon and a couple of other dies yes because of the recess for easier use with progressive presses. If you have the sizer die adjusted right and you crimp die adjusted right you should have no problem with your rounds.
All the brass I use are range pickup.

You are correct. I don't dispute that at all. I've found with the undersize die I get a higher percentage of cases fit the max cartridge die around the base than I do with the standard die. The others still shoot fine, with out the undersize. I've liked the results with the undersize die, I use it both on the 9mm setup and .40 S&W cases.

RWBlue
10-24-2012, 19:15
Brass previously fired in Glocks will cause problems in Colt's type pistols with regularity.

That is what I saw with 9mm.

I had no issued with 45ACP.

HAMMERHEAD
10-25-2012, 16:43
The Lee Bulge Buster is your huckleberry.

They don't make a bulge buster in 9mm. It doesn't work with tapered cases.

9mm Glock brass works fine in everything I've used it in.