Obama October Surprise: Deal with Iran over Nukes? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Obama October Surprise: Deal with Iran over Nukes?

sbhaven
10-20-2012, 08:29
Will Obama's October surprise be a deal cut with Iran to 'temporary' halt it's enrichment work in exchange for the sanctions vanishing? Note: Its from WND so take it for what it's worth. Dick Morris was talking about this on Fox and Friends this morning.

Obama cuts deal with Iran over nukes
http://www.wnd.com/2012/10/obama-cuts-deal-with-iran-over-nukes/
Iranian and U.S. negotiators have reached an agreement that calls for Iran to halt part of its nuclear program in exchange for the lifting of many of the U.S. sanctions against the Islamic regime, according to a highly placed source.

Iran’s supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, expects a letter from President Obama in a few days guaranteeing the details of the agreement, arrived at recently during secret negotiations in Doha, Qatar.
If true, wonder if it will be dropped moments before, or announced during, Monday night's debate?

JBnTX
10-20-2012, 08:35
Note: Its from WND so take it for what it's worth.

If it's from WND, then it ain't worth squat.

sbhaven
10-20-2012, 08:36
The article further claims...
The guarantees would ensure the regime’s right to peaceful enrichment, quickly remove many of the sanctions, accept that Iran’s nuclear program does not have a military dimension and relieve international pressure on the regime while it continues its nuclear program. Also, the U.S. would announce that the killing of Iranian nuclear scientists was the work of a foreign country, though Israel would not be named, to increase legal pressure on Israel.

beforeobamabans
10-20-2012, 08:42
And...

" Also, the U.S. would announce that the killing of Iranian nuclear scientists was the work of a foreign country, though Israel would not be named, to increase legal pressure on Israel."

This kind of a deal will only serve to show Obama's weakness with an adversary we know will cheat whenever it suits them. Sorry, no dice.

Cavalry Doc
10-20-2012, 08:54
I'm thinking a counter attack for Benghazi would be more likely. The guy that many believe carried it out is giving interviews:

Indeed, Khattala said, "These reports say that no one knows where I am and that I am hiding," according to Reuters. "But here I am in the open, sitting in a hotel with you. I'm even going to pick up my sister's kids from school soon. (http://mobile.globalpost.com/dispatch/news/regions/middle-east/121019/ahmed-abu-khattala-suspected-leader-benghazi-attack-denies-#mobify-bookmark)"

Probably already being followed, but you have to time these things. Barry orders the guy whacked, then claims all the statements about a video were a clever ruse to keep the guy from disappearing before be had enough intel to order the hit.

beforeobamabans
10-20-2012, 09:25
I'm thinking a counter attack for Benghazi would be more likely. The guy that many believe carried it out is giving interviews:

Probably already being followed, but you have to time these things. Barry orders the guy whacked, then claims all the statements about a video were a clever ruse to keep the guy from disappearing before be had enough intel to order the hit.
Let's hope the Obama campaign is not monitorng GTPI.

Cavalry Doc
10-20-2012, 09:44

If I can figure it out, they probably already have.

English
10-20-2012, 11:06

I thought GTPI was where they got their best ideas from.

English

kirgi08
10-20-2012, 11:07
Ayep.'08.

sbhaven
10-20-2012, 11:08

Very possible. Obama needs something to prop up his failed foreign policy. Right now the continual dibs and drabs of new Libya information will sink him in Monday's debate. Unless Bob Schieffer unleashes his inner liberal self, that sometimes leaks into his Sunday morning show, and protects and runs cover for the Administration like the previous moderators have done at times.

I don't see an upside for any kind of a deal with Iran. If what WND printed is true Obama is publicly tossing Israel under the bus (again) just weeks before the election. Many will she the deal for what is really is, a political stunt. The Iran deal relies solely on Iran holding to their word which they have no reason to do other than to keep an appeaser in the White House for another 4 years. Such a deal with Iran makes Obama look weak.

jakebrake
10-20-2012, 11:21
it wouldn't surprise me. mymood iminajihad would love it! he'd keep right on enriching covertly, and enjoy the relaxed embargos.

RDW
10-20-2012, 15:16
[QUOTE=Cavalry Doc;19537201]I'm thinking a counter attack for Benghazi would be more likely. The guy that many believe carried it out is giving interviews:QUOTE]

Probably one of the most Mis-Spelled in the English Language?!

Cavalry Doc
10-20-2012, 18:24
Originally posted By Cavalry Doc I'm thinking a counter attack for Benghazi would be more likely. The guy that many believe carried it out is giving interviews:

Probably one of the most Mis-Spelled in the English Language?!

I'm not sure I follow you. :dunno:

sbhaven
10-20-2012, 18:26
White House Denies Reports Of One-On-One Nuclear Talks With Iran
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/white-house-denies-reports-of-one-on-one-nuclear-talks-with-iran/
National Security Council spokesman Tommy Vietor said in a statement:
It’s not true that the United States and Iran have agreed to one-on-one talks or any meeting after the American elections. We continue to work with the [P5+1] on a diplomatic solution and have said from the outset that we would be prepared to meet bilaterally. The President has made clear that he will prevent Iran from getting a nuclear weapon, and we will do what we must to achieve that…

G29Reload
10-20-2012, 18:28
The timing is beyond cynical. I saw something about this on Fox earlier, its clearly a stunt to try and impress folks ahead of the election.

At our expense. Taking any heat of Iran now only helps the dirtbags.

sbhaven
10-20-2012, 18:28
Now the New York Times is reporting that Iran has agreed to nuc talks.

U.S. Officials Say Iran Has Agreed to Nuclear Talks
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/21/world/iran-said-ready-to-talk-to-us-about-nuclear-program.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0
News of the agreement — a result of intense, secret exchanges between American and Iranian officials that date almost to the beginning of President Obama’s term — comes at a critical moment in the presidential contest, just two weeks before Election Day and the weekend before the final debate, which is to focus on national security and foreign policy.

It has the potential to help Mr. Obama make the case that he is nearing a diplomatic breakthrough in the decade-long effort by the world’s major powers to curb Tehran’s nuclear ambitions, but it could pose a risk if Iran is seen as using the prospect of the direct talks to buy time.

Stubudd
10-20-2012, 18:29

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/21/world/iran-said-ready-to-talk-to-us-about-nuclear-program.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

The white house is denying it according to fox.

sbhaven
10-20-2012, 18:33
The white house is denying it according to fox.
Look a few posts up to post #14... :winkie:

Cavalry Doc
10-20-2012, 18:35

Of course Iran wants to talk, it buys them more time.

Stubudd
10-20-2012, 18:37
Look a few posts up to post #14... :winkie:

dang it

countrygun
10-20-2012, 19:05
How did apeasement instead of action work for Carter? Anyone old enough to remember?

kirgi08
10-21-2012, 06:37
:mememe:

hogship
10-21-2012, 09:47
For those who know anything about history:

http://forthesakeofhumanities-10.wikispaces.com/file/view/Chamberlain_and_Hitler.jpeg/303290704/Chamberlain_and_Hitler.jpeg

Peace in our time.......(just in time for the election)

kirgi08
10-21-2012, 10:44
<-- Knows a wee bit.Neville Chamberlin.Not worth the fat they culled.'08. :rant:

sbhaven
10-21-2012, 12:13
Iran now denies plan for one on one talks with U.S. on their nukes.

Iran, like U.S., denies plan for one-on-one nuclear talks
http://news.yahoo.com/iran-denies-report-plans-nuclear-talks-u-111601338.html
The New York Times, quoting unnamed U.S. administration officials, had said on Saturday that secret exchanges between U.S. and Iranian officials had yielded agreement "in principle" to hold one-on-one talks.

"We don't have any discussions or negotiations with America," Iranian Foreign Minister Ali Akbar Salehi told a news conference. "The (nuclear) talks are ongoing with the P5+1 group of nations. Other than that, we have no discussions with the United States."

hogship
10-21-2012, 12:21
OK, that trial balloon didn't work........

sbhaven
10-21-2012, 13:02
OK, that trial balloon didn't work........
Yep. It sure has the feel of a trial balloon being tested ahead of tomorrow night's debate.

Also has the feel of desperation on the administrations part as they search for something positive to crow about in the wake of the continued bad news on their handling of the Libyan ambassador/Americans killings.

series1811
10-21-2012, 13:10
If it's from WND, then it ain't worth squat.

Yeah, it would be like thinking the National Enquirer could break a story on a Presidential candidate that they rest of the media either didn't see, or refused to report.

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/celebrity/sen-john-edwards-caught-mistress-and-love-child

Ringo S.
10-21-2012, 14:47
October surprise will be: Media will go surpisingly silent on Bengazi...

countrygun
10-21-2012, 14:53
"October surprise revealed at campaign stop"

Today, Joe Biden says at campaign whistle stop,

"Yah, I know all about Benghazi. when I was in high school we used to smear it on other kids jockstraps in gym class. We called it an "Atomic Balm"

(OK, I made that up, but I swear it could happen)