Romney outpolling Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Obama [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Romney outpolling Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Obama

Goaltender66
10-20-2012, 10:48
http://p.washingtontimes.com/blog/robbins-report/2012/oct/18/romney-outpolling-carter-reagan-bush-i-clinton-bus/

According to the latest Gallup survey, Mitt Romney is polling 52% of likely voters. At this point in the race he is ahead of:
Where Jimmy Carter was in 1976 (47%)
Where Ronald Reagan was in 1980 (39% -- Carter was six points up)
Where George H.W. Bush was in 1988 (50%)
Where Bill Clinton was in 1992 (40%)
Where George W. Bush was in 2000 (48%)
Where Barack Obama was in 2008 (49%)

countrygun
10-20-2012, 12:05
Perspective is a wonderful thing:cool:

BLACKMAGICK
10-20-2012, 12:09
Was was it Beckel said?

Oh yea..."It's over."

Well, not until Crowley...I mean the fat lady sings.

F350
10-20-2012, 12:42
Was was it Beckel said?

Oh yea..."It's over."

Well, not until Crowley...I mean the fat lady sings.

You could say "until COWley moos" :rofl:

hogship
10-20-2012, 12:56
Perspective is a wonderful thing:cool:

Yeah, it is.........The proper way to look at Romney's standing in the polls, is to get some real numbers on the votes for Romney, that aren't actually FOR Romney.

I think that would be a real eye-opener! :wavey:

ooc

hogship
10-20-2012, 13:02
........Romney does convince me that he might make a better president than I had thought.......but, I don't have complete trust of him, yet.

ooc

domin8ss
10-20-2012, 13:08
........Romney does convince me that he might make a better president than I had thought.......but, I don't have complete trust of him, yet.

ooc

Not that I blame your lack of trust. He's a politician now. I too am skeptical of politicians. However, I've been a Romney backer since the last election because I saw him as the least evil of the other choices.

Regardless, and I have been saying this for over 4 years, who would you rather have in the white house during an economic crisis, the junior senator from a nearly bankrupt state with no knowledge of fiscal responsibility, or a successful businessman?

aircarver
10-20-2012, 13:12
Regardless, and I have been saying this for over 4 years, who would you rather have in the white house during an economic crisis, the junior senator from a nearly bankrupt state with no knowledge of fiscal responsibility, or a successful businessman?

... & those are the only choices now ....

sheriff733
10-20-2012, 13:21
http://p.washingtontimes.com/blog/robbins-report/2012/oct/18/romney-outpolling-carter-reagan-bush-i-clinton-bus/

That looks great, but I'm still not sure he will be able to beat the Chosen One.

I pray he does, however.

countrygun
10-20-2012, 13:51
Yeah, it is.........The proper way to look at Romney's standing in the polls, is to get some real numbers on the votes for Romney, that aren't actually FOR Romney.

ooc

Are you talking for the General election in America, or a theoretical election in "Lalaland"?

I don't think moot points are "eye openers". Voting against the other guy is not something that has been invented since you were born

aircarver
10-20-2012, 14:11
I think things were going bad for Obamao long before we became aware of it.

The lamestream media has cooked numbers in his favor for so long, there's no 'English' left to apply.

Take that together with the bad debate showings, and it crumbles like an avalanche coming down th mountain.

They ought to have anticipated this problem at the end, but Hey ! Democrats don't anticipate much of anything....

That's why we have to get them out .... Before they take us down with them ...

Ruble Noon
10-20-2012, 14:56

ooc

I think there will be very few votes for Romney and a the majority of votes will be against Obama. Too bad Cain couldn't keep his fly zipped, this election would have been a blowout long ago if he had.

aircarver
10-20-2012, 15:00
..... If wishes were fishes ....

ModGlock17
10-20-2012, 15:38

ooc

awww, come on, man. By the time you'd trust him, we'd be talking about election 2020.

Diesel McBadass
10-20-2012, 15:53
I dont see Romney as the lesser of two evils, i see him as not an evil at all, i think he has what it takes to get the economy going again, and i disagree on quite a few issues, sure, but hey are minor ones.

sheriff733
10-20-2012, 15:56
I dont see Romney as the lesser of two evils, i see him as not an evil at all, i think he has what it takes to get the economy going again, and i disagree on quite a few issues, sure, but hey are minor ones.

Agreed.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

hogship
10-20-2012, 16:23
awww, come on, man. By the time you'd trust him, we'd be talking about election 2020.

He can earn my trust......and so far, he's made some progress.

I'll tell you who I don't trust......at all!

The Republican establishment.....and Mitt Romney was their chosen one.

.....must be a reason for it.

ooc

countrygun
10-20-2012, 16:48
He can earn my trust......and so far, he's made some progress.

I'll tell you who I don't trust......at all!

The Republican establishment.....and Mitt Romney was their chosen one.

.....must be a reason for it.

ooc

Gee I thought it was votes that put Romney where he is.

Guess you didn't get the memo.

hogship
10-20-2012, 18:25
Gee I thought it was votes that put Romney where he is.

Guess you didn't get the memo.

countrygun.......

So, you think the MSM had nothing to do with the choices we had in the Republican primaries?

I do.....

In the end, though.....you are correct. Romney had the votes, and he is the GOP candidate.......but there was a lot of manipulation of just who the choices we got were......by virtually everyone who had any means of doing it.

Don't get me wrong, though. I'm good with Romney as circumstances have played out. As I said many times before, my vote is against Obama. Romney will have to earn my trust, and we'll have to weigh what he says as a candidate, to what he does as president. These things are the real test of his character.

ooc

countrygun
10-20-2012, 18:48
countrygun.......

So, you think the MSM had nothing to do with the choices we had in the Republican primaries?

I do.....

In the end, though.....you are correct. Romney had the votes, and he is the GOP candidate.......but there was a lot of manipulation of just who the choices we got were......by virtually everyone who had any means of doing it.

Don't get me wrong, though. I'm good with Romney as circumstances have played out. As I said many times before, my vote is against Obama. Romney will have to earn my trust, and we'll have to weigh what he says as a candidate, to what he does as president. These things are the real test of his character.

ooc

Let me get this straight, first you say,

"The Republican establishment.....and Mitt Romney was their chosen one."

And then you say,

"So, you think the MSM had nothing to do with the choices we had in the Republican primaries?"

Is this to mean that you think the MSM is an arm of the GOP???? Tell for true?

Or is it that you are just young and don't know what conspiracy to believe in but you are sure there is one? There's always gotta be one, right?

Let's see, it was the GOP who cast all the votes, no, it was the MSM conspiring with the Republican Party so they could get Obama elected?

:stop:

Your logic is killing me

:rofl:

hogship
10-20-2012, 19:49
Let me get this straight, first you say,

"The Republican establishment.....and Mitt Romney was their chosen one."

And then you say,

"So, you think the MSM had nothing to do with the choices we had in the Republican primaries?"

Is this to mean that you think the MSM is an arm of the GOP???? Tell for true?

Or is it that you are just young and don't know what conspiracy to believe in but you are sure there is one? There's always gotta be one, right?

Let's see, it was the GOP who cast all the votes, no, it was the MSM conspiring with the Republican Party so they could get Obama elected?

:stop:

Your logic is killing me

:rofl:

Romney was the GOP establishment choice.

MSM was compliant in that choice, or did you not see that Romney was never targeted by the MSM during the primaries.

I thought you, among others, were paying attention.......:supergrin:

ooc

countrygun
10-20-2012, 20:01

MSM was compliant in that choice, or did you not see that Romney was never targeted by the MSM during the primaries.

ooc

Never targeted???? I must have heard "Mormon" and "Romneycare" a hundred times, each, per week. Weren't you paying attention?

If the media were "up to something" the would have sat on the Herman Cain "scandal" and waited until later, or they would have let one of candidates with a skeleton in their closet emerge and THEN torpedoed him. How did we end up with a scandal free candidate at the media's hands?

That dog don't hunt.

hogship
10-20-2012, 20:14
Never targeted???? I must have heard "Mormon" and "Romneycare" a hundred times, each, per week. Weren't you paying attention?

If the media were "up to something" the would have sat on the Herman Cain "scandal" and waited until later, or they would have let one of candidates with a skeleton in their closet emerge and THEN torpedoed him. How did we end up with a scandal free candidate at the media's hands?

That dog don't hunt.

Only after he was the nominee did you hear any negativity out of the MSM towards Romney......yes, I was paying attention. :wavey:

There has been much speculation about this, and it's anyone's guess why the MSM was favoring Romney. At that time, I suspect Romney was the candidate the liberal left thought was the most likely candidate to lose to Obama......but, I'm only guessing.

You can believe what you want, because it's not likely to ever become public information........but, the fact remains that Romney received favored treatment from the MSM, until he was the GOP candidate.

countrygun.......It doesn't really matter. Romney is the candidate, and I'm voting for him. He might be a pretty good president. If the conditions are ripe for it, I suspect Romney will have the opportunity to make an AWB permanent......and, we've heard the excuses about health care. To my thinking, there is reason to question Romney on a few things........but, I truly do believe he will be good for the economy, and that's the most important thing right now.

ooc

countrygun
10-20-2012, 20:25
I agree with your last paragraph, but I can't see why the media would "pimp" a candidate that they couldn't pull the rug out from under and would pretty much be immune from their usual mudslinging. As long as he does what he says, there won't be much for the media to do. He will make them and their Obamalove look very bad. I can't see their motive in doing anything GOOD for him.

Ruble Noon
10-20-2012, 20:37

ooc

You are correct hog. romney was the favorite son of the gop establishment. especially after the msm started fawning over him. I believe that it was chris mathews who stated that he thought romney should be the gop nominee and that he would make a good president.

Ruble Noon
10-20-2012, 20:40
I agree with your last paragraph, but I can't see why the media would "pimp" a candidate that they couldn't pull the rug out from under and would pretty much be immune from their usual mudslinging. As long as he does what he says, there won't be much for the media to do. He will make them and their Obamalove look very bad. I can't see their motive in doing anything GOOD for him.

They thought romney would be the easiest to defeat with all his flip flopping and with romneycare hanging around his neck. I do believe that during the primaries polling data showed that obama did the best against romney also.

Bruce H
10-20-2012, 20:46
The first hundred days will tell the tale. Quite a bit of what ails the economy is in the perview of the executive branch. Delete a bunch of strangulating regulations and see what happens.

hogship
10-20-2012, 20:49

What the MSM, and the liberal left were thinking is only speculation. I'm going to suggest that a few candidates, like Cain and Palin were a real threat to the left......simply because they had solid conservative appeal. That conservative appeal could have resulted in a tidal wave of support that would have totally swallowed up Obama. I think Rubio, West, and a few others could have generated that kind of enthusiasm, too......but, they didn't want to run for it......probably on the sheer intimidation factor of the MSM.

While all these conservative possibilities were still hopefuls to the conservative right.......there was Romney, crusin' along, and not under fire, like a few others were.

If any of my speculation is true, then the MSM made some major mistakes in rooting for Romney! :shocked: They probably thought they could take him out.....but, none of their mud slinging has gotten any traction.

In the mean time, Obama has stepped on his dxxk with F&F, Libya embassy, Israel, Iran, Palestine, Egypt, etc.......and, foreign affairs debate is going to put Barrack in the hot seat, for sure.......:steamed:

Who knows? I could be totally wrong about my guesses......but, they make some horse sense to me......:whistling:

ooc

wjv
10-20-2012, 20:54
I think Obama should pull out of the election and avoid an embarrassing defeat!