3 arrested for outing undercover officer [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : 3 arrested for outing undercover officer

ronduke
10-20-2012, 13:43
Three suspects are accused of using social media to out an undercover officer, potentially putting him and his family in danger.
Read more: http://www.myfoxdfw.com/story/19836519/3-arrested-for-outing-undercover-officer?obref=obinsite#ixzz29s0g5p1s

blueiron
10-20-2012, 14:26
I am still amazed that this does not occur more often.

TheExplorer
10-20-2012, 14:48
I don't get it. They televise the township meetings by me regularly where they recognize the undercover officers accomplishments by bringing them to the podium, telling the board their full name, address, where they work, what they work (narcotics, guns, etc.) family background. This must be a state law thing.

DaBigBR
10-20-2012, 15:37
I don't get it. They televise the township meetings by me regularly where they recognize the undercover officers accomplishments by bringing them to the podium, telling the board their full name, address, where they work, what they work (narcotics, guns, etc.) family background. This must be a state law thing.

There are varying levels of "undercover." There is also an obvious difference between being recognized in a forum such as the one you describe, and a turd deliberately circulating your photograph to attempt to figure out who you are.

indigent
10-20-2012, 15:52
There are varying levels of "undercover."

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h287/mbimrie/doublesecretprobation.jpg

scottydl
10-20-2012, 22:59
Stupid Facebook. Yet another reason to get rid of it.

Clutch Cargo
10-20-2012, 23:15
If someone is REALLY undercover, how would the kids know?

Hack
10-20-2012, 23:18
Stupid Facebook. Yet another reason to get rid of it.

If it wasn't Facebook it would be something else. You cannot blame it all on one social media outlet, just because it is used by many people.

JuneyBooney
10-21-2012, 02:48

Actually, it is pretty easy to find an undercover agent if you know what to look for. I think the charge is incredible if they had him at a forum...:wow:aand expected noone to notice..:faint:

shootindave
10-21-2012, 03:58
OK....... if you are undercover narcs you shouldnt have your real name or any photos on facebook....... you should also disable the tagging of your name in other people (idiots) posts.

If you must have one to begin with.......

Not sure how far these charges will go.

- Dave

shootindave
10-21-2012, 04:01
Actually, it is pretty easy to find an undercover agent if you know what to look for. I think the charge is incredible if they had him at a forum...:wow:aand expected noone to notice..:faint:

You think it's easy to find "undercover agent(s)"? Thats interesting on many levels.

TheExplorer
10-21-2012, 06:27
There are varying levels of "undercover." There is also an obvious difference between being recognized in a forum such as the one you describe, and a turd deliberately circulating your photograph to attempt to figure out who you are.

I don't know, outed is outed. I'm sure many people watch the show.

dwhite53
10-21-2012, 13:41
Daughter of one of our friends at church was fixing to go to basic law enforcement training. One day someone at church brought, as a visitor, a family member who works for the FBI.

Family member was introduced to our friends daughter. Told her if she ever expected to work for the FBI she needed to delete her Facebook account and stay off the social networking.

Probably good advice.

All the Best,
D. White

Bren
10-21-2012, 14:17
There are varying levels of "undercover."

Yep - I've known plenty of guys who do their street-level "undercover" work out of a police station or state police post, eat lunch in restaurants with uniformed officers daily, etc. I've seen a guy make buys in uniform by taking off his shirt and driving his POV with an informant in the passenger seat, while wearing police uniform pants and gunbelt. Criminals are mostly not so swift.

Sharky7
10-21-2012, 14:59

In this country, defendants have the right to face and listen to testimony against them. If a U/C officer testifies, it's pretty rare the court will let them wear a ski mask.