Question about plans [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Question about plans

nmstew
10-20-2012, 19:21
I've been watching the debates and keeping up with the politics. I do not understand some things though.

What is each candidates specific plan on improving the economy and creating jobs?

During the first debate Obama started his first actual speech about how (loosely paraphrased):

If people have more money in their pockets, they can spend it, if they spend it more companies will need to expand to supply the demands of more people buying more things: making more jobs.

But no specifics. More over, his policies and new taxes/increases are exactly detrimental to this.

Now for Romney:
What are the specifics of his plan. I read his website and listened to him during the debates but still don't understand his plan. From what I can tell he wants to lower the corporate tax rate. Maybe even the individual tax rate, close loopholes, but how does he plan to make conditions such that companies will hire?

countrygun
10-20-2012, 19:34
Now for Romney:
What are the specifics of his plan. I read his website and listened to him during the debates but still don't understand his plan. From what I can tell he wants to lower the corporate tax rate. Maybe even the individual tax rate, close loopholes, but how does he plan to make conditions such that companies will hire?

What part of that don't you get?

Seems like you are saying

"He plans to put water on the fire but what is he going to do to put the fire out?"

It takes money to hire people and expand business, he wants companies to be able to keep more of their money so they can hire people and expand business.

If the people have more money themselves they use it better than Government does. Instead of paying one company $1,000 for a hammer 50 people buy $20 hammers and more people end up with jobs making hammers rather than a two man operation making 5 Government hammers a month.

hogship
10-20-2012, 19:58
I've been watching the debates and keeping up with the politics. I do not understand some things though.

What is each candidates specific plan on improving the economy and creating jobs?

During the first debate Obama started his first actual speech about how (loosely paraphrased):

If people have more money in their pockets, they can spend it, if they spend it more companies will need to expand to supply the demands of more people buying more things: making more jobs.

But no specifics. More over, his policies and new taxes/increases are exactly detrimental to this.

Now for Romney:

contrygun's hammer analogy applies........I expect to see Romney go after government waste......of which there is a lot.

Someone told me recently that Romney is avoiding specifics because the moment he does, the MSM will "spin" it negatively. Considering the past performance of the MSM, that makes a lot of sense to me........:supergrin:

ooc

cowboy1964
10-20-2012, 20:07
http://www.mittromney.com/jobs

My gosh, how much more detail and clarity do you need?

NorthCarolinaLiberty
10-21-2012, 00:54
I've been watching the debates and keeping up with the politics...

Wear make-up, memorize cliches, and figure most people won't notice.