This leaves my jaw hanging....... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : This leaves my jaw hanging.......

MB-G26
10-20-2012, 21:06
Short version: ton 'o idiots get in bar fight with opposing other ton of idiots.......... and 5 LEOs end up injured, 1 or 2 requiring IP admission to the hospital. In no way do I mean to infer criticism of the officers' actions, but jeeeeeeeeeze loueeeeze!
Why not just shut all doors and shove a firehose through a window or vent, or shut all but one doorway and use some killer nasty combo of spray bomb and flashbang, before TWO OFFICERS enter the fight area and attempt to break it up? Multiple tazings ensue, and so on.............

Scary. Two uniforms against umpteen fiesty drunks in an enclosed space, already fighting before uniforms enter building?

Yikes.

At approximately 2:05am this morning, a fight broke out at San Felipe's was called and the reporting officer was requesting additional units. Multiple officers from Flag PD and 2 CSO units responded to the incident. As a result of the brawl, Leroux Street was shut down for an unknown period of time. There were multiple injuries as a result of the fight, including two police officers. There were also multiple arrests and all subjects were transported to jail via "the wagon".

https://www.facebook.com/pages/FLAGscanner/134094979959596?ref=ts&fref=ts

http://www.chadblack.com/flagscanner/forum/showthread.php?tid=399

Official Press Release from Flagstaff Police regaring the fight that injured 5 officers.http://www.chadblack.com/flagscanner/forum/showthread.php?tid=399

blueiron
10-20-2012, 21:28
Standard fare for every Arizona agency I know of in the metro Phoenix area.

It was never one on one, but more like two/three/more on one.

lawman800
10-20-2012, 22:10
Call the grenadiers to the front and saturate the area with chems. Sit back.

scottydl
10-20-2012, 22:57
"Party can"

Sabre Red makes a reeeeeally nice MK-9 sized can of spray just perfect for these kinds of incidents.

Hack
10-20-2012, 23:00
Release the K-9's and let them do their work.

blueiron
10-20-2012, 23:58
Call the grenadiers to the front and saturate the area with chems. Sit back.

Flagstaff doesn't have the personnel, even if they called in the County and NAU PD combined.

blueiron
10-21-2012, 00:00

Flagstaff considers that just below deadly force. Never going to happen until people start shooting wildly into crowds and the handlers have to pick the assailants out.

lawman800
10-21-2012, 00:02

Dogs cost money. Send in the reserves. They're free.:supergrin:

blueiron
10-21-2012, 00:04

That would be the NAU PD and they aren't supposed to leave campus.

Hack
10-21-2012, 06:11
OK, let's try something totally unorthodox, (just for fun, not being serious here).

Toy skunks, already completely equipped with defence mechanisms. Real looking fur, and actions so the differences are are not apparent, and that way the real skunks don't get harmed. Throw a little skunk oil in as a bit of realism.

Here ya go:
http://www.geekalerts.com/rc-skunk/

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/northern-ireland/skunk-oil-spray-and-sonic-blasts-to-fight-rioters-16183176.html

steveksux
10-21-2012, 07:07
Such an evil man!.....

Randy

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Sharkey
10-21-2012, 07:45
As our DT instructor said, sometimes it just starts out a baton day. In this case a nice billy club or sap would have been best. Of course waiting for more backup as they beat each other senseless is never a bad idea either.

RyanNREMTP
10-21-2012, 08:05
Hey I resemble the reserve mark. :)

I would just toss in a few stinger ball distraction devices.

Outhouse Hub, the misinformation solution.

Dragoon44
10-21-2012, 08:35
I Never minded getting dispatched to bar brawls, hell I would even jump those calls. Always found them to be a great stress reliever.

:supergrin:

lawman800
10-21-2012, 11:50
I earned the right, buster! I put in more years as a reserve than most of y'all did as a full-timer.

blueiron
10-21-2012, 11:54
I Never minded getting dispatched to bar brawls, hell I would even jump those calls. Always found them to be a great stress reliever.

:supergrin:

There is a lot of truth and win in this philosophy.

steveksux
10-21-2012, 14:59
I earned the right, buster! I put in more years as a reserve than most of y'all did as a full-timer. My apologies, I didn't know, gotta respect the thin blue dotted line... :)

Randy

texmex
10-21-2012, 15:56
It is all a matter of timing. You want to arrive after they are too tired to fight you but before they all leave. I had to explain that to a rookie I was training. He wanted to run code to a bar fight. I told him to slow down and let them get tuckered out a bit before we got there. He asked, "what if an innocent person gets hurt?" I told him "there ain't no innocent persons in a beer joint". "They all knew it was a beer joint when they went in there."

Pepper45
10-21-2012, 16:49
It is all a matter of timing. You want to arrive after they are too tired to fight you but before they all leave. I had to explain that to a rookie I was training. He wanted to run code to a bar fight. I told him to slow down and let them get tuckered out a bit before we got there. He asked, "what if an innocent person gets hurt?" I told him "there ain't no innocent persons in a beer joint". "They all knew it was a beer joint when they went in there."
A very wise old FTO suggested turning on the siren and circling the block twice before going in. Anyone still in a disturbance after that is too stupid to not be locked up.

lawman800
10-21-2012, 19:45
My apologies, I didn't know, gotta respect the thin blue dotted line... :)

Randy

It's more of a dash than a complete line.

So this bull was on the top of a hill with a young bull, looking down at a field of cows... The young one said to the older bull, "hey, let's run down the hill..."

RetailNinja
10-21-2012, 20:30
I'm with the OC crowd on this one. Spray everyone, sit back and watch for possible great bodily harm attacks, spray more.

CAcop
10-21-2012, 22:47
Pepper spray is pretty much useless. Except when faced with a crowd in a fight. One of our guys broke up a fight that occurred between the marginally gay bar and the marginally Mexican bar across the street from it. Ever since then I am a believer in OC as area denial. Then stick people as needed in a skirmish line. That worked at a party that turned into a riot. I pulled out an MP5 on that one because of a report with a man with a gun. You would be surprised how people suddenly decide not to argue with the cops when one of them has a big gun across his chest.