Gas prices to go down in the next couple of weeks...... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Gas prices to go down in the next couple of weeks......

hogship
10-20-2012, 21:32
That's what I heard on the radio today, anyway.......prices to go down 25-35 cents per gallon.

Isn't it amazing how we went below 8% unemployment, and fuel prices swing down.......in October?

ooc

aircarver
10-20-2012, 22:11
I'm shocked, shocked I tell you ......

:upeyes:

JBnTX
10-20-2012, 22:16
Obama and his cronies can't fool enough people to make a difference come election day.

coastal4974
10-20-2012, 22:20
Hmm, lower gas prices. I guess that spells bad news for our economy :whistling:

janice6
10-20-2012, 22:22
What a tremendous coincidence that the prices will go down just in time for an election.

I guess it's to make it easier for you to get to the polls, huh......

Amazing, what are the chances......

stevelyn
10-21-2012, 00:07
Fuel price MAY go down, but the lower unemployments stats are just creative book keeping......... Kinda like what ENRON, Global Crossing and Bernie Madoff did.

Atomic Punk
10-21-2012, 02:56
to bad im not at home to fill up my jeep. at least i dont have to pay for the diesel in my company vehicle.

IvanVic
10-21-2012, 03:23
Gas prices also went down before the last election, so what? The president doesn't control the price of fuel.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

MZBKA
10-21-2012, 03:26

Fallen gas prices are an effect, not a cause, of a slowing world economy.

MLM
10-21-2012, 07:59
Gas prices also went down before the last election, so what? The president doesn't control the price of fuel.
So we're told.

Skyhook
10-21-2012, 08:05

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Well, you see, that's what has me wondering: when prices soar, it isn't the president's fault, but when prices drop, the president is doing a good job. :headscratch:

Good thing presidents can 'create jobs'! :supergrin:

beforeobamabans
10-21-2012, 08:34
You've got it exactly backwards there MZ. If you track gas prices vs GDP you will see GDP contract shortly after gas prices hit the $4 level. It's simple really. With our economy 70% consumer consumption, high energy prices divert funds that would otherwise be spent on consumption. Just like a tax, high energy prices directly detract from the amount of dollars available to spend on discretionary products and activities.

Gas prices here have dropped from $4.00 to $3.30 in just a month. Whatever the cause, it helps Obama because everyone has more money left in their pockets to spend on self-pleasing luxuries which makes everyone feel better about their situation. It takes a lot of pressure off the economic issue, that is, if you still have a job.

series1811
10-21-2012, 08:37

That's right. Obama schooled us all in the second debate that low gas prices mean an economy on the verge of collapse. :supergrin:

series1811
10-21-2012, 08:39

Yes, we know Obama said that. It doesn't make any more sense coming from you, than it did from him.

kirgi08
10-21-2012, 08:43
:headscratch:

cowboywannabe
10-21-2012, 08:52
Obama and his cronies can't fool enough people to make a difference come election day.

you give the American voter too much credit.:rofl:

hogship
10-21-2012, 10:35
Is it entirely out of the question that political persuasion cannot effect gas prices, even the small amount we're discussing here?

EPA will look the other way here......

Drilling permits issued there.......

Brown paper sack full of money.......

Etc, etc, etc.........

Whatever.......The discussion here is assuming everyone concerned is honest, and the price of gas is only influenced by unmanipulated market forces. Behind the scenes deals only happen in Bond movies..........

Maybe, there is nothing to it........but, we've seen increases in fuel costs for four years, and......whammo, two weeks before the election, they dip in price......just like magic!

ooc

IvanVic
10-21-2012, 13:38
when prices soar, it isn't the president's fault, but when prices drop, the president is doing a good job. :headscratch:

Says who, some left wing commentator? It shouldn't surprise anyone that partisans will play this game.