Tripp mags. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Tripp mags.

okie
10-21-2012, 05:32
I have the Tripp Research 7R-45-WG mags, how does one take the follower out to clean the mag:headscratch::dunno::embarassed:

Jim Watson
10-21-2012, 07:59
Welded floorplate, right?
Have to do it like a GI magazine.
Depress the follower well down the tube with a rod, put a pin through the witness holes BELOW the follower so as to trap the spring but not the follower.
Shake the follower back to the lips and fish out with a hooked tool or needlenose pliers.

Jason D
10-21-2012, 16:28
Yep.

I have done that so many times I can't even count.
I tend to get lazy and let it go then I end up with malfunctions. Even magazines with the removable floor plates are a pain in the ass to deal with.

Now I just buy stainless magazines for everything. I can hose them out with brake cleaner and forget about them.

faawrenchbndr
10-21-2012, 16:55
Jim nailed it,..........:cool:

okie
10-23-2012, 06:59
The holes don't line up, do you put the pin in at an angle then? It is a welded floor plate BTW:supergrin:

Jason D
10-23-2012, 17:23
I have never seen a mag that didn't have the holes line up, but if you have some that don't. You do what you have to do to clean them. If that means running the pin through and an angle, then that's what you have to do.

okie
10-25-2012, 08:07
I have never seen a mag that didn't have the holes line up, but if you have some that don't. You do what you have to do to clean them. If that means running the pin through and an angle, then that's what you have to do.

On the seven round Tripp mags the holes don't line up:supergrin: