Congressman; Openly Gay says.. (if this isn't classic..) [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Congressman; Openly Gay says.. (if this isn't classic..)

Skyhook
10-21-2012, 09:10
Well, you gots yer name-calling, and the thrusting of personal sexual choice right into our faces once more. Who's surprised?:upeyes:

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/house-races/263091-gay-republican-candidate-anticipates-a-few-gop-knuckleheads-in-congress

JBnTX
10-21-2012, 09:25
If he kept his mouth shut about his personal sexual life, like most people do, then it wouldn't be an issue, would it?

Heterosexual people don't run around drawing attention to the fact that they're heterosexuals, then why must homosexuals constantly throw their sexuality in our faces.

There's a saying: "Don't start nothing and there won't be nothing".

Skyhook
10-21-2012, 09:46
If he kept his mouth shut about his personal sexual life, like most people do, then it wouldn't be an issue, would it?

Heterosexual people don't run around drawing attention to the fact that they're heterosexuals, then why must homosexuals constantly throw their sexuality in our faces.

There's a saying: "Don't start nothing and there won't be nothing".

Good points. :thumbsup:

Sometimes I almost am convinced that choosing to be gay is just a WA grab for the spotlight.
:faint:

Arc Angel
10-21-2012, 09:49
So, his first day on the job, my wife's new boss comes walking into the room with a flurry of easily recognizable fanfare. He walks up to my wife with his hand outstretched in front of him. As she shakes his hand he says to her, 'Hi, I'm gay!' 'How do you feel about that?' My wife thinks for a moment before shaking her head gently to one side and replying, 'I don't think my husband will be attending this year's Christmas party.' :supergrin:

Skyhook
10-21-2012, 09:51
So, his first day on the job, my wife's new boss comes walking into the room with a flurry of easily recognizable fanfare. He walks up to my wife with his hand outstretched in front of him. As she shakes his hand he says to her, 'Hi, I'm gay!' 'How do you feel about that?' My wife thinks for a moment before shaking her head gently to one side and replying, 'I don't think my husband will be attending this year's Christmas party.' :supergrin:

:rofl: Bless her!

ArtificialGrape
10-21-2012, 10:12
In most cases one doesn't have to jump up and down exclaiming, "hey look at me, I'm heterosexual" in order for their peers to know they're not gay.

In every office in which I've spent time break room chat regularly involves upcoming plans with "the wife", what somebody did over the weekend with "the wife", etc. People have vacation or other photos on their desks showing their opposite-sex spouse, or they bring them to company picnics or Christmas parties.

If a man had a picture of himself and his partner on his desk, or mentions his partner, Paul, in a similar manner as the heterosexual example above many people are going to consider it "flaunting" his lifestyle, or consider it an act of gay activism pushing a gay agenda.

If a guy refers to "his wife" or has a picture of her at his desk, or brings her to the company Christmas party does that make him an activist for some heterosexual agenda?

Shouldn't he have just "kept his mouth shut about his personal sexual life, like most people do"?

-ArtificialGrape

GAFinch
10-21-2012, 10:25
I'd imagine the bulk of criticism/judgement directed toward him will be his opposition to DOMA, abortion bans, and Grover's tax pledge, not his sexuality.

Sam Spade
10-21-2012, 11:30
Just as a side note, the first openly gay Republican was actually Jim Kolbe of AZ, who came out back in the '90s. Yes, he won re-election after he was out.

JBnTX
10-21-2012, 11:43
In most cases one doesn't have to jump up and down exclaiming, "hey look at me, I'm heterosexual" in order for their peers to know they're not gay.

In every office in which I've spent time break room chat regularly involves upcoming plans with "the wife", what somebody did over the weekend with "the wife", etc. People have vacation or other photos on their desks showing their opposite-sex spouse, or they bring them to company picnics or Christmas parties.

If a man had a picture of himself and his partner on his desk, or mentions his partner, Paul, in a similar manner as the heterosexual example above many people are going to consider it "flaunting" his lifestyle, or consider it an act of gay activism pushing a gay agenda.

If a guy refers to "his wife" or has a picture of her at his desk, or brings her to the company Christmas party does that make him an activist for some heterosexual agenda?

Shouldn't he have just "kept his mouth shut about his personal sexual life, like most people do"?

-ArtificialGrape

You're looking at heterosexuality and homosexuality as equal, but opposite sides of the same coin.

I don't see it that way.

AlexHassin
10-21-2012, 11:46
so its election between the full disclosure guy and the hid his involvement guy.

i would totally vote for the gay one.

Agonizer
10-21-2012, 11:55
With all the hoopla about gays, lesbians etc, would you ever guess that they comprise only about 3.5 % of the population?

And the same with blacks who are only 13%.

ArtificialGrape
10-21-2012, 12:00
You're looking at heterosexuality and homosexuality as equal, but opposite sides of the same coin.

I don't see it that way.

Right, one of those should remain a dark hidden secret.

The point remains that you argued that the homosexual should have kept his mouth shut "like most people do", but heterosexuals don't keep keep their sexuality a secret as I pointed out in my earlier post. You just don't have a problem with somebody being openly heterosexual -- an expression that doesn't even make sense because nobody is expecting heterosexuals to keep their sexuality a secret.

-ArtificialGrape

nursetim
10-21-2012, 12:02
As long as they don't make it the main thing about themselves, unlike arcangel's wife' new boss, den ery tings cool mon. If they have a picture of their partner, that's cool, if they give their partner a hug and a peck, that fine. If a heterosexual slips his/her tongue down the throat of the other, not fine, get a room ya dirty scoundrels. Not cool for any sexual persuasion.

Skyhook
10-21-2012, 14:27

I don't see it that way.

Exactly defines the issue.

One- heterosexuality- is normal and in keeping with natural laws and demands (look at the plumbing and results of 'unions')... the other- HOMO sexuality is a perversion.

Equality ends where reason begins.

countrygun
10-21-2012, 14:39

I don't see it that way.

They conveniently overlook the fact that they owe their existence to heterosexuality. We call that a "Clue"

I really don't have a moral or obviously religious dog in this fiight. In fact my last living blood relative, and Uncle, is gay, I am just offended when such a small percentage of the population (my uncle not being among them) insists on grabbing the spotlight at every opportunity and make their sexuality an issue in political campaigns. Which I find incredibly odd since a large part of the intention of political action is to insure the future for our children anyway.

frizz
10-21-2012, 15:15
Exactly defines the issue.

One- heterosexuality- is normal and in keeping with natural laws and demands (look at the plumbing and results of 'unions')... the other- HOMO sexuality is a perversion.

Equality ends where reason begins.
What is the definition of "perversion"? Sorry, you won't be allowed to use any reference work. It has to come out of your head.

Snowman92D
10-21-2012, 15:15

A big +1...! Why even bring it up beyond the compulsive "need" to be perceived as a victim of some kind?

Heck, the guy looks like he's light in the loafers, so there's no need to underscore anything. Just do the job the right way and get on with it.

TDC20
10-21-2012, 16:25
I don't care that Mr. Tisei is gay. I do care that he wants to continue spending and not cutting to get the deficits under control. I also care that he wants to raise taxes and not cut taxes. I also care that Rep. Boehner is kissing his butt, as if Republicans actually need another guy that votes like a Democrat in the party.

Republicans don't need tax and spend liberals in the Republican party. Even if they are from Mass. Who cares? Who needs them? And if Tierney is really dirty, why isn't he facing jail time? Just more politics, more corruption, more crime that goes unpunished. And I think Tisei is only using his gayness because it's cool and makes him more electable in Mass.

Tisei should have challenged Tierney in the Democrat primary for the liberal side of the ticket, and then given the voters a real choice in November. A choice between another tax and spend liberal, or a true conservative.

Nothing really new to see here folks, move along.

The Maggy
10-21-2012, 21:40
I don't care that Mr. Tisei is gay. I do care that he wants to continue spending and not cutting to get the deficits under control. I also care that he wants to raise taxes and not cut taxes. I also care that Rep. Boehner is kissing his butt, as if Republicans actually need another guy that votes like a Democrat in the party.

Republicans don't need tax and spend liberals in the Republican party. Even if they are from Mass. Who cares? Who needs them? And if Tierney is really dirty, why isn't he facing jail time? Just more politics, more corruption, more crime that goes unpunished. And I think Tisei is only using his gayness because it's cool and makes him more electable in Mass.

Tisei should have challenged Tierney in the Democrat primary for the liberal side of the ticket, and then given the voters a real choice in November. A choice between another tax and spend liberal, or a true conservative.

Nothing really new to see here folks, move along.
Is it odd that your post almost sums up Romney?

countrygun
10-21-2012, 21:47
Is it odd that your post almost sums up Romney?

Isn't it odd that you could probably fit a Romney bash into a thread about Cooking?

The Maggy
10-21-2012, 23:04
Isn't it odd that you could probably fit a Romney bash into a thread about Cooking?
I apologize, I thought this was a thread about a Mass. politician that probably shouldn't be in the Republican Party.

GAFinch
10-22-2012, 08:08
Romney has at least signed Norquist's tax pledge. This guy has refused to.