I've found the perfect golf shoes [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : I've found the perfect golf shoes

uptomyneck
10-21-2012, 10:36
I've been playing this God forsaken game on and off now for 45 years. I started back a few months ago and I'm now playing five times a week.

I have three sets of regular golf shoes; Footjoy, Etonic and Nike. All three would rub a blister on both heels in less than 100 steps. So I ordered a pair of Vibram SPYRIDON LS and from day one, I couldn't be happier.

They're so light and form fitting, plus the traction has been spectacular. Not once have I lost even a millimeter of traction. Sidehill, uphill, downhill, wet, dry, bunkers are no problem and I swing hard.

The tread is spread out evenly, plus they're shallow so they leave no visible indentations on the green

Water does seep thru, but even then, your foot still doesn't slip. I'm going to order another pair and waterproof them heavy for when it gets colder.

Thought some of you golfers might like the heads up.

http://i50.tinypic.com/2d6qwxf.jpg

FullClip
10-21-2012, 11:08
I don't think I'd wanna' be caught dead in anything that looks like that :wow:. I've been happy with my Dexter units for a long time.

But if ya' get a line on any shoes that will let me walk on water to get all the balls I knock into the ponds and stream I would be thankful!!:supergrin:

uptomyneck
10-21-2012, 11:14
What's wrong with 'dem shoes? I thought that's why white guys golfed. So we could dress like black dudes.

JerryVO
10-21-2012, 11:15
Those would not be allowed in my foursome!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

TK-421
10-21-2012, 11:19
What's wrong with 'dem shoes? I thought that's why white guys golfed. So we could dress like black dudes.

No no, it's so you can dress like old people. :rofl:

http://bizexecgolf.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/old-golf-pic-3.jpg

HarlDane
10-21-2012, 11:30
I started playing in New Balance trail runners because golf shoes never fit my 13EEEE flat feet. The aggressive sole give me great traction and I can walk 18 without any pain.

happy seal
10-21-2012, 11:42
I've been playing this God forsaken game on and off now for 45 years. I started back a few months ago and I'm now playing five times a week.

I have three sets of regular golf shoes; Footjoy, Etonic and Nike. All three would rub a blister on both heels in less than 100 steps. So I ordered a pair of Vibram SPYRIDON LS and from day one, I couldn't be happier.

They're so light and form fitting, plus the traction has been spectacular. Not once have I lost even a millimeter of traction. Sidehill, uphill, downhill, wet, dry, bunkers are no problem and I swing hard.

The tread is spread out evenly, plus they're shallow so they leave no visible indentations on the green

Water does seep thru, but even then, your foot still doesn't slip. I'm going to order another pair and waterproof them heavy for when it gets colder.

Thought some of you golfers might like the heads up.

http://i50.tinypic.com/2d6qwxf.jpg

You must be playing with a group of old ladies or queers cause those shoes wouldn't fly anywhere else!

Good luck w/ your game though!

uptomyneck
10-21-2012, 12:07
You must be playing with a group of old ladies or queers cause those shoes wouldn't fly anywhere else!

You mention queers and then imply no fashion sense. The irony is thick.

Our course record in flip/flops is 67.

2bgop
10-21-2012, 12:08
I couldn't wear those even if I wanted to, the club would never allow it.

napp32
10-21-2012, 12:15
Those shoes would certainly keep people from laughing at my swing.

uptomyneck
10-21-2012, 12:19
I couldn't wear those even if I wanted to, the club would never allow it.

Only because they're uninformed. The plastic spikes on your modern shoes damage the greens much more than the Vibrams do. I'm constantly repairing spike marks on our greens from careless golfers dragging their feet.

TK-421
10-21-2012, 12:20
You mention queers and then imply no fashion sense.

Yeah, his comment made me laugh. :rofl:

I used to date the bartender at a gay club, she was a straight female, and gay men (queers) have the best fashion out of anybody.

SMOKEin
10-21-2012, 12:23
I never met a course that comfortable sneakers didn't work fine on.

uptomyneck
10-21-2012, 12:25
Those would not be allowed in my foursome!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

Yet they dress like this.

http://i49.tinypic.com/2vbx01x.jpg

FLIPPER 348
10-21-2012, 15:34
Sorry dude, glad they work for you but you would be laughed off the courses 'round here. I'm sure they are common down South though!

uptomyneck
10-21-2012, 15:47
Sorry dude, glad they work for you but you would be laughed off the courses 'round here. I'm sure they are common down South though!

Yea, you're probably right. Oregon is after all the bastian of conservatism. No hippy looking stuff there I'm sure.