How much longer until Tebow gets the start... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : How much longer until Tebow gets the start...

DairyFresh
10-21-2012, 15:54
Just what the title said. I hate the NFL, so I love to see someone who is despised by the organization and its surrounding camp followers do well.

Sanchez seems to be fading fast...

Angry Fist
10-21-2012, 15:56
I doubt it any time soon.

Dennis in MA
10-21-2012, 19:09
Not soon. I mean, does he do anything but take a snap and run for 3yards?

10sRin
10-21-2012, 19:27
He's not really capable of doing more!:whistling:

lunarspeak
10-21-2012, 19:38
tebow is a good quarterback..for one i hasnt been given a chance to develop his passing game

and even the style he has now would work well with a running oriented team....i bet if you worked him alittle more on his throwing game and put him with lets say the ravens he would do great

napp32
10-21-2012, 21:16
I think the real question should be, "How much longer until Tebow gets the boot?" I like Tebow and respect his life style; but the simple fact is that he isn't talented enough to stay in the NFL much longer.

Angry Fist
10-21-2012, 21:22
tebow is a good quarterback..for one i hasnt been given a chance to develop his passing game

and even the style he has now would work well with a running oriented team....i bet if you worked him alittle more on his throwing game and put him with lets say the ravens he would do great
This is true. I'm getting moar and MOAR pissed at Flacco every week.

Glock&KimberLady
10-22-2012, 12:18
Rex Ryan snapped up Tebow and shelved him...probably to make up for the fact that he blew it by letting Danny Woodhead slip away... :rofl:

I think assurances were made to Sanchez that they wouldn't replace him with Tebow, who is a pretty damn good (if relatively inexperienced) quarterback. Unless, of course, Sanchez plays like crap consistently and they just have to put Tebow in because they're losing games....

Yes, I watch football...I have to, since the G-D NHL is still on lockout...damn you, Gary Bettman!!!

skeeter7
10-23-2012, 01:57
Yes, I watch football...I have to, since the G-D NHL is still on lockout...damn you, Gary Bettman!!!

That's my kind of woman right there...:iloveyou:

As far as Tebow, I don't see him starting anytime soon. Sanchez played a pretty decent game against the Pats, even though he fumbled it away in OT.

Glock&KimberLady
10-23-2012, 02:03
That's my kind of woman right there...:iloveyou:

As far as Tebow, I don't see him starting anytime soon. Sanchez played a pretty decent game against the Pats, even though he fumbled it away in OT.

I figure Sanchez is three games away from being replaced - at least part-time - by Tebow. There is no point in continuing to play drag-ass, mistake-laden, no-confidence games when you've got another guy who's proven to do well in the clutch just waiting on the bench.

Sanchez should be playing like a guy who has a devil on his ass...and basically, he does - named Tebow. Keep playing like it's backyard catch, and it will be Sanchez' butt sitting on the bench with that shocked, "Wha' happened?" look he perpetually wears...

skeeter7
10-23-2012, 02:09
I think that was the whole reason why Rex Ryan brought him in. He wanted to light a fire under Sanchez's rear end more so than to let Tebow slip away to another team. Apparently the experiment hasn't been working as planned. Sold a lot of jerseys though...haha! The AFC East is still pretty tight right now but if the Jets go down in the next 3 games as you have suggested, I wouldn't be surprised in seeing Tebow play a bit more or even start a game.

SC Tiger
10-23-2012, 06:49
Just what the title said. I hate the NFL, so I love to see someone who is despised by the organization and its surrounding camp followers do well.

Sanchez seems to be fading fast...

"All Tim Tebow does is WIN!!!!" - Skip Bayless, ESPN

"Skip Bayless is a moron!" - pretty much everyone else

As much as I like the guy (Tebow) I don't see him starting over Sanchez. If anything I could see him moving to another position or remaining a backup.

I don't think he is dispised but it would make sense - why look up to Tim Tebow when you can look up to "fine upstanding citizens" like Michael Vick, Antonio Cromartie and Ndonkeykong Suh (no offense to Suh but I absolutely cannot spell that first name).

Gareth68
10-23-2012, 07:00
Rex Ryan is far too arrogant to start Tebow.

Is Tebow an NFL caliber quarterback?

NO

But neither is Sanchez.

Or. for that matter...and comparisons sake, Vick.

You aren't going to win with Sanchez.....maybe Tebow's emotional lift will do something.

It's worth a shot.

eb07
10-23-2012, 09:15
who cares about the NY NotYets

kensb2
10-23-2012, 10:04
Being a Pats fan, I don't care what they do, as long as they're losing. That said, I think Tebow needs to learn how to block, catch, and become a TE. Otherwise he'll be a transient benchwarmer most of his career, however long that is.

ray9898
10-23-2012, 10:19
The Jets have more problems than the QB in the failure at that position, in particular their O line. A new QB won't fix that.

Glock&KimberLady
10-23-2012, 15:22
Being a Pats fan, I don't care what they do, as long as they're losing. That said, I think Tebow needs to learn how to block, catch, and become a TE. Otherwise he'll be a transient benchwarmer most of his career, however long that is.

I think they may be more inclined to turn him into a running back. If nothing else, Tebow can run the frockin ball. He's not afraid to take a hit, and less likely to take the patented "ooo please don't hurt me" QB slide.

Is he NFL caliber? He's getting there. He can't be any worse than Sanchez at this point.

However, I think using Tebow as a QB, especially for rushing plays, makes sense as well. Tebow won't flinch and throw away the ball if no one is open; he'll just put his head down and go for it. Last year, that was a rather startling move for a QB to take. This year, we're seeing more QBs take the ball in themselves if they have no other option (and even sometimes as a first option). Wilson and Cutler come to mind.

The big boys, like Brady and Older Brother Manning, aren't required to run it in themselves...likely due to a combination of experience and far, far better coverage than the Jets or the 'hawks give their QBs.

I'm all for shaking up the game, keeps it from being the same stale plays over and over (two rushes, one throw, lather, rinse, repeat).

Angry Fist
10-23-2012, 17:25
The Jets have more problems than the QB in the failure at that position, in particular their O line. A new QB won't fix that.
Cain't argue with that. Many teams are in that boat, KC being one of them. 2012, Season of Butterfingers! I don't recall ever seeing so many dropped passes in a season, and it ain't even over yet! :faint:

DoubleWide
10-23-2012, 17:51
Never liked Sanchez. No excitement, bottom of the heap QB. You get what you have always gotten from Sanchez.

While Tebow isn't that much better of a QB, he adds excitement. He offers something different and gets people talking.

Dump Sanchez. He ain't you to the promised land. If Tebow doesn't win or sell tickets, dump him too.

dne752
10-24-2012, 04:55
I think the real question is when will they dump Sanchez, Tebow and Ryan...

cowboywannabe
10-24-2012, 05:37
the jets dont know how to use him. they put him in at 3rd and 6 on the 35< yard line instead of 1st and 10 at the 20 >

Roger1079
10-24-2012, 07:19
Unless, of course, Sanchez plays like crap consistently and they just have to put Tebow in because they're losing games....

I hope the Jets do this. Hopefully in the next 4 days. It will make our game on the 28th that much easier. Tebow is nothing more than media hype. He was great in college, but like so many others before him has proven to be worthless in the NFL. Just look at Ken Dorsey. Phenomenal college career and went on to do squat with both San Francisco and Cleveland in the NFL. Tebow is already headed down that road.

DairyFresh
10-24-2012, 09:00
Are you detractors talking about the quarterback who led his team to the playoffs last year, beat the dynastic Steelers in the first round, despite being 8 point underdogs at home?

That horrible quarterback?

kensb2
10-24-2012, 09:03
I think they may be more inclined to turn him into a running back. If nothing else, Tebow can run the frockin ball. He's not afraid to take a hit, and less likely to take the patented "ooo please don't hurt me" QB slide.

Is he NFL caliber? He's getting there. He can't be any worse than Sanchez at this point.

However, I think using Tebow as a QB, especially for rushing plays, makes sense as well. Tebow won't flinch and throw away the ball if no one is open; he'll just put his head down and go for it. Last year, that was a rather startling move for a QB to take. This year, we're seeing more QBs take the ball in themselves if they have no other option (and even sometimes as a first option). Wilson and Cutler come to mind.

The big boys, like Brady and Older Brother Manning, aren't required to run it in themselves...likely due to a combination of experience and far, far better coverage than the Jets or the 'hawks give their QBs.

I'm all for shaking up the game, keeps it from being the same stale plays over and over (two rushes, one throw, lather, rinse, repeat).

I'll agree with this assessment, better idea vs. him being a TE. However, I still like the Jets to lose, so I hope they keep Sanchez for years to come and NEVER find a good use for Tebow.

ray9898
10-24-2012, 09:13
Are you detractors talking about the quarterback who led his team to the playoffs last year, beat the dynastic Steelers in the first round, despite being 8 point underdogs at home?

Yes....The same QB who 'led his team to the playoffs' by losing 3 of the 4 games in the home stretch. The inability to score points was obvious since their QB only threw 2 TD's along with 5 INT's over those 4 games. Yes, 2 TD passes from an NFL QB in 4 games. The same QB who melted down the week after the PIT win against NE by completing 30% of his passes with no TD's.

Denver made it to the playoffs, saying Tebow was played a large part in that was just media hype.

DairyFresh
10-24-2012, 12:01
I just can't remember the last time a basically rookie QB took the team to the playoffs, won the first round, then got traded to be a second stringer. Just seems odd. Especially when you compare him to other recent rookies with high hopes, like Jamarcus Russell, Vince young, RG3....

Glock&KimberLady
10-24-2012, 12:24

THAT Heisman Trophy winner?

:rofl:

ray9898
10-24-2012, 12:26
I just can't remember the last time a basically rookie QB took the team to the playoffs, won the first round, then got traded to be a second stringer.

Well....that is because the team would have been 100% better with a QB that has the talent needed to play the position. Denver was in contention last year simply because their defense was able to hold their opponent under 2 TD's scoring average for 5 of the last 8 games down the stretch. Had they had a capable offense that could have scored more points they would have won more games and probably fared better in the playoffs. Tebow is certainly a competitor but he just lacks the talent level needed to fill that position in the pros.

Glock&KimberLady
10-24-2012, 13:47
How long before they start booing Sanchez the way they booed Orton? :shocked: I felt bad for the guy, dayum.

gatorboy
10-24-2012, 13:54
I think the real question should be, "How much longer until Tebow gets the boot?" I like Tebow and respect his life style; but the simple fact is that he isn't talented enough to stay in the NFL much longer.

He's atheltic and big enough to play outside linebacker or fullback. Probably not fast enough for tailback or safety. He (or they) are wasting his time at QB. He's the scrap squad QB for starting defense to practice with. He could be starting and learning another position. I was watching and old Gators game, he was a junior I think and the muscle and weight he's put on since is substantial. Does'nt seem to be the type to take roids either. Hell, he could always come home and sell insurance like Danny Wuerffel.

Magnus2131
10-24-2012, 14:05
They need to let Tebow play. He can throw a pass if allowed. They put him in impossible situations and expect him to pull it out. Just cut him loose. Give him a chance.

Roger1079
10-25-2012, 08:44
THAT Heisman Trophy winner?

:rofl:And what significance does a Heisman Trophy have in the NFL? That just means he was great in COLLEGE. There is a long list of players that have been great in college and ended up not amounting to a hill of beans in the NFL. Tebow is shaping up quite well to be on that list. Nothing but media hype.

The Jets picked him up for the same reason the Dolphins picked up Ochostinko and will most likely dump him as soon as his media value has expired.

Glock&KimberLady
10-25-2012, 12:48
And what significance does a Heisman Trophy have in the NFL? That just means he was great in COLLEGE. There is a long list of players that have been great in college and ended up not amounting to a hill of beans in the NFL. Tebow is shaping up quite well to be on that list. Nothing but media hype.

The Jets picked him up for the same reason the Dolphins picked up Ochostinko and will most likely dump him as soon as his media value has expired.

Another misstep...Chad Johnson may have a different way of dealing with an irritating new wife, but he can still play.

:tempted:

Paul7
10-25-2012, 14:39

Yes, what all the numbers crunchers ignore is he WINS. I'd be surprised if the Broncos go any farther this year than last. Tebow took a Broncos team last year going nowhere and won a playoff game against a former Super Bowl team. He will be around a lot longer than Manning, who's probably one good hit away from retiring anyway.

Paul7
10-25-2012, 14:43
Well....that is because the team would have been 100% better with a QB that has the talent needed to play the position. Denver was in contention last year

They weren't in contention for anything last year before they put Tebow in, why do you think they made the switch?

ColdSteelNail
10-25-2012, 14:53
Tebow is a decent guy but never was, isn't and never will be a successful NFL quarterback.

Glock&KimberLady
10-25-2012, 15:01
I love how you guys just shelve him with such assurance. No one thought McCourty, McKnight, or Cromartie would do well either.

But there you have it.

Can't change a man's allegiance to his football (or her hockey) team. Blind faith is so...cute. :tongueout:

DairyFresh
10-25-2012, 16:07
Tebow is a decent guy but never was, isn't and never will be a successful NFL quarterback.

He is just as successful in the playoffs as Tony Romo, both have only 1 win.

michael_b
10-25-2012, 16:28
Rex Ryan snapped up Tebow and shelved him...probably to make up for the fact that he blew it by letting Danny Woodhead slip away... :rofl:

I think assurances were made to Sanchez that they wouldn't replace him with Tebow, who is a pretty damn good (if relatively inexperienced) quarterback. Unless, of course, Sanchez plays like crap consistently and they just have to put Tebow in because they're losing games....

lol @ Woodhead.

Rex won't sit Sanchez due to ego. He won't admit he drafted a mediocre QB with little work ethic.

Besides, most likely as bad as my Chiefs are, they will find a way to trade for Tebow lol. I have a feeling about it.

lol @ NHL - people watch hockey? For real? :cool:

Roger1079
10-25-2012, 17:34
Tebow took a Broncos team last year going nowhere and won a playoff game against a former Super Bowl team. He will be around a lot longer than Manning, who's probably one good hit away from retiring anyway.Probably true on both accounts, but you cannot even begin to compare the two. Tebow can only dream of accomplishing even 1/4 of what Peyton Manning has accomplished during his career. Comparing those two is like comparing Dan Marino to Chad Henne.

And giving Tebow sole credit for making the playoffs is equally as ridiculous. Try thanking the defense for that one.

Glock&KimberLady
10-25-2012, 18:41
lol @ Woodhead.

Rex won't sit Sanchez due to ego. He won't admit he drafted a mediocre QB with little work ethic.

Besides, most likely as bad as my Chiefs are, they will find a way to trade for Tebow lol. I have a feeling about it.

lol @ NHL - people watch hockey? For real? :cool:

Penguins fan, Kings secondary (I AM from California). Fortunately last year's Stanley Cup didn't come down to those two teams because I am a vicious, committed hockey fan. The kids thought we fighting during the entire playoffs; I finally had to explain that their dad and I were either yelling at the refs, yelling at the players, or cheering. (Middle Daughter came to me tearfully and asked why we were mad at each other most nights. :alex: )

Doesn't look like there will be hockey this year. Greed trumps all. :steamed:

We're somewhat assuaging the loss by attending WHL games at the Spokane Chiefs to bridge the gap, but DirecTV doesn't consider local hockey to be high enough caliber to carry on their precious bandwidth. Telemundo, yes...WHL, no. :upeyes:

However, the entire family has glass seats on November 6th...for less than $160!!! Dayyyuuuuummmm!!!!

*ASH*
10-25-2012, 18:57

the sun shines on a dogs ass some of the time .

Tebow sucks as as a quarterback . good guy but sucks

Gareth68
10-25-2012, 19:02
The Steelers were going nowhere last year in the playoff's...Tebow or no Tebow.

They were destroyed by injuries, and The broncos spared them the embarrassment of getting raped by the Pats.

Paul7
10-25-2012, 19:29
Probably true on both accounts, but you cannot even begin to compare the two. Tebow can only dream of accomplishing even 1/4 of what Peyton Manning has accomplished during his career. Comparing those two is like comparing Dan Marino to Chad Henne.

And giving Tebow sole credit for making the playoffs is equally as ridiculous. Try thanking the defense for that one.

The defense alone wasn't going anywhere until Tebow started. I never said Tebow is as good as Manning, just he will be around a lot longer than Manning and could develop.

michael_b
10-25-2012, 21:43
Penguins fan, Kings secondary (I AM from California). Fortunately last year's Stanley Cup didn't come down to those two teams because I am a vicious, committed hockey fan. The kids thought we fighting during the entire playoffs; I finally had to explain that their dad and I were either yelling at the refs, yelling at the players, or cheering. (Middle Daughter came to me tearfully and asked why we were mad at each other most nights. :alex: )

Doesn't look like there will be hockey this year. Greed trumps all. :steamed:

We're somewhat assuaging the loss by attending WHL games at the Spokane Chiefs to bridge the gap, but DirecTV doesn't consider local hockey to be high enough caliber to carry on their precious bandwidth. Telemundo, yes...WHL, no. :upeyes:

However, the entire family has glass seats on November 6th...for less than $160!!! Dayyyuuuuummmm!!!!

lmao.....

Less than $160? Nice!

Roger1079
10-26-2012, 09:02
The defense alone wasn't going anywhere until Tebow started. I never said Tebow is as good as Manning, just he will be around a lot longer than Manning and could develop.I would say the odds of that are likely considering Manning is now on the 15th season of his career and still not 100% from his injury.

If Tebow is expected to succeed in the NFL though, they need to find another use for him aside from throwing the ball.

Glock&KimberLady
10-26-2012, 12:28
lmao.....

Less than $160? Nice!

For six people? Hells yae!!!

Roger1079
10-29-2012, 06:49
Tebow sure showed his value yesterday. That was a damn impressive 2 yards.

Angry Fist
10-29-2012, 07:47
Tebow sure showed his value yesterday. That was a damn impressive 2 yards.
The fans sure are pissed. They want TT now more than ever.

Roger1079
10-29-2012, 07:52
The fans sure are pissed. They want TT now more than ever.Do you honestly think he could do any better than Mark Sanchez?

Gareth68
10-29-2012, 07:54
Do you honestly think he could do any better than Mark Sanchez?

He sure couldn't do worse.

:dunno:

panzer1
10-29-2012, 07:58
I think the real question should be, "How much longer until Tebow gets the boot?" I like Tebow and respect his life style; but the simple fact is that he isn't talented enough to stay in the NFL much longer.I am sure he will do better then that bum Sanchez! He is one no talented loser for sure & the Jets will never go anywhere as long as that loser is QB.

kensb2
10-29-2012, 07:59
Do you honestly think he could do any better than Mark Sanchez?

I think the better question might be "Do you honestly think he could do any worse than Mark Sanchez?" :tongueout:

Gareth beat me to it!!

Angry Fist
10-29-2012, 08:11
Do you honestly think he could do any better than Mark Sanchez?I'd give him a chance. Full game, no matter how bad it goes.

Roger1079
10-29-2012, 08:20
I think the better question might be "Do you honestly think he could do any worse than Mark Sanchez?" :tongueout:Very true, plus I guess another way of looking at it is if they put him in the QB position, he won't be able to allow any more blocked punts.

DoubleWide
10-29-2012, 11:59
Take the bye week and switch to Tebow.

gatorboy
10-29-2012, 13:55
I'd give him a chance. Full game, no matter how bad it goes.

No kidding. Aside from the fact the Jet's would probably win no matter who they played [YES SERIOUS]; the game would be a goldmine! Hype it for seven day's, it'd be the most watched NFL game since the Super Bowl! Most bet's placed since SB also. PPV would pick it up if possible. And if the Jet's did'nt win, it'd still be one of the most exciting games since the conference play-off's. Make it a home game division rival.

Not a Jet's fan but I have seen the Jaguar's pass him up twice (actually six times). Ludacris business decisions at least IMO.

Glock&KimberLady
10-29-2012, 14:08
:whistling:

Wow, Tebow sure lit a fire under Sanchez' butt. His game play has suuuure improved.

If that's Ryan's play, to get Sanchez to improve because Tebow is waiting in the wings, it has certainly backfired.

Maybe they'd do better to just let Cromartie head-butt every play as they run onto the field. :upeyes:

gatorboy
10-29-2012, 14:53
No kidding. Aside from the fact the Jet's would probably win no matter who they played [YES SERIOUS]; the game would be a goldmine! Hype it for seven day's, it'd be the most watched NFL game since the Super Bowl! Most bet's placed since SB also. PPV would pick it up if possible. And if the Jet's did'nt win, it'd still be one of the most exciting games since the conference play-off's. Make it a home game division rival.

Not a Jet's fan but I have seen the Jaguar's pass him up twice (actually six times). Ludacris business decisions at least IMO.

Just to add: I do'nt think Tebow right now could win week in/week out as a starting NFL QB. I do think the Jet's have a lot of talent. They're frustrated. They're more fed-up with the Tebow/Sanchez thing then we'll ever be. They would play with hope and try harder as a team for at least one game with Tebow as starting QB. I do'nt know if he's a locker room favorite but respect he has because respect he's earned.

Roger1079
10-29-2012, 15:22

Not a Jet's fan but I have seen the Jaguar's pass him up twice (actually six times). Ludacris business decisions at least IMO.You swear this guy walks on water. Did you actually watch the game yesterday? As a Dolphins fan, I even felt bad for them. Just about every part of that game was absolutely pathetic from start to finish. Assuming Tebow is better than Sanchez (which he isn't), it is going to take a heck of a lot more than a QB to fix that teams deficiencies.

I think the saddest part about that game yesterday is the Jets offensive coordinator was our head coach a year ago and they still couldn't accomplish anything knowing many of the players and many of the plays.

Angry Fist
10-29-2012, 16:28
I think the saddest part about that game yesterday is the Jets offensive coordinator was our head coach a year ago and they still couldn't accomplish anything knowing many of the players and many of the plays.
Good call. I rarely get to see any of those games, and didn't know that.

Recalcitrant
10-29-2012, 18:24
Jets have the Seahawks and Rams next. If they go 0-2, Tebow starts against the Patriots.

If Tim Tebow is a better QB than Sanchez, does that make him the second best QB in that division - behind Brady, but ahead of the kid in Miami and Buffalo's FitzPatrick?

Wolfgang
10-29-2012, 19:03

4 plays and you have a first down. better than what some do.

Snaps
10-29-2012, 21:57
Hell be on the bench until the Jets decide they want to be winners.

Angry Fist
11-22-2012, 19:26
:whistling:

This is getting crazy.

Angry Fist
11-22-2012, 19:28
Holy ****! 2 back to back turnover TD's! :faint:

skinny99
11-22-2012, 19:31
Holy ****! 2 back to back turnover TD's! :faint:

Crazy stuff! 3td's in 58 seconds.

Gombey
11-22-2012, 19:39
I stopped watching. Texas vs TCU is less of a blood bath

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

*ASH*
11-22-2012, 19:49
:rofl::rofl::rofl: now its Tebow time !!!!!!!!

Sgt. Rambo
11-23-2012, 13:43
Unfortunately it appears that Tebow has two broken ribs... won't be starting anything for a while.