Kinko's (FedEx) -- Can I Overnight A Handgun From There? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Kinko's (FedEx) -- Can I Overnight A Handgun From There?

USMCsilver
10-21-2012, 19:13
I'm searching all over the damned place about shipping a handgun outta state.

I know common carrier.

I know overnight.

However, I'm having one helluva time figuring out WHERE to take the gun to have it shipped.

The closest places is ~30 miles away, and it's a "FedEx Kinko's is now FedEx Office Print & Ship Center". I guess I can take it there, but I wanna make sure I don't have to go to "FedEx staffed FedEx Express Ship Center".

I have a UPS Store in my town (you know, the kind in a strip mall), but I can't find anything regarding firearms anywhere on their website.

Why's this stuff alway so complicated?!? :dunno:

(Edit - I found this helpful. I can't ship at UPS Store. http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/resources/ship/packaging/guidelines/firearms.html )

Gallium
10-21-2012, 19:21
Yes you can, but no you shouldn't - it is against their policy.

USMCsilver
10-21-2012, 19:25
Yes you can, but no you shouldn't - it is against their policy.

I want to keep everything legal and legit.

So -- my options are either a true UPS or FedEx "hub" type place, then, right?

Best to let them package it or should I take it in a box? I mean, it'll be in the manuacturer's case -- but should I already have it packaged or should I let them do it?

10-21-2012, 19:28
Once you tell them you want to ship a firearm at one of the outlet centers they will tell to take it a terminal/hub center.

Be warned that some of the people at the terminal make up their own/don't know thier own policies.

10-21-2012, 19:32
I want to keep everything legal and legit.

So -- my options are either a true UPS or FedEx "hub" type place, then, right?

Best to let them package it or should I take it in a box? I mean, it'll be in the manuacturer's case -- but should I already have it packaged or should I let them do it?

I package my stuff. Just make sure you have an extra copy of the FFL you're shipping to so they don't cut your packaging open to look for it. UPS did this to me.

Bruce M
10-21-2012, 19:32
If you could get whoever you are shipping to to send you a prepaid label you ought to be able to give it to the UPS or Fedex driver. Even if you had to pay whoever you are shipping it to to send you the prepaid label if they probably ship more you may well get a better rate than you could get by shipping it yourself. Might at least be worth a telephone call.

USMCsilver
10-21-2012, 20:22
Bruce, I might call a pawn shop/FFL here in town tomorrow to find out how much they'd charge to ship it for me. Price I'm gettin' online at UPS' site is $57.63. That's a 55 mile round-trip drive.

If the pawn shop will do it for close to that, I'll do that option. Gonna check the FFL list on Gunbroker, too, and see who all is around here who might ship it for me.

Thanks for the idea.

3rdgen40
10-21-2012, 20:38
Avoid all the hassle and pay your FFL to ship it for you.

USMCsilver
10-21-2012, 20:43
Avoid all the hassle and pay your FFL to ship it for you.

I used Gunbroker to e-mail two local places.

We'll see what kinda responses I get tomorrow. :supergrin:

Kasinefect
10-21-2012, 21:22
In my experience they will require you to take it to a Hub. The places at the strip mall will not help you.