Australian radio host ordered to take 'factual accuracy' training [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Australian radio host ordered to take 'factual accuracy' training

GAFinch
10-21-2012, 19:33
Australian radio commentator Alan Jones has been ordered to undergo "factual accuracy" training over his remarks denigrating man-made global warming, local media relates.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/australian-radio-host-ordered-to-take-factual-accuracy-training-over-global-warming-remarks/

Bren
10-21-2012, 19:57
Nothing like finding out you live4 in a much less free country than you may have thought.

hogship
10-21-2012, 20:06
.....whatever you think of Jones’s views, surely the thought of a government-controlled media is more scary.

The problem seems to be just who is to decide what the facts are.

Scary?.......I think so.

That Australian broadcaster would have some free speech protections here......

ooc

concretefuzzynuts
10-21-2012, 20:07
Glad we have the 1st Amendment. People are free to express themselves.

Much like the random idiocy here. (guilty too)

Ruble Noon
10-21-2012, 20:13
Glad we have the 1st Amendment. People are free to express themselves.

Much like the random idiocy here. (guilty too)

Tell that to the guy that made the Islam video.

GAFinch
10-21-2012, 20:20

Yep, and how many celebrities and media figures came out and denounced what happened to him?

concretefuzzynuts
10-21-2012, 20:25

Yes, you have me there. Yes there are many who speak their minds and suffer consequences. But try speaking your mind in Afghanistan or Cuba. We have it much better and it will be even better when the jailer in chief is gone.

Ruble Noon
10-21-2012, 20:34
Yep, and how many celebrities and media figures came out and denounced what happened to him?

None. So far I haven't seen anyone come to his defense which I find rather alarming.

series1811
10-22-2012, 09:47
We have plenty of DU sponsored posters coming here who probably think that all of the rest of us need some of that training. :supergrin: