Lexington Ky Roll Call (Oct 27-28) [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Lexington Ky Roll Call (Oct 27-28)

Sgt.K
10-21-2012, 20:06
I'll be there on Sunday the 28th. I'll be shooting Amateur Civilian with my G17 and Amateur Subcompact with my G26. My first GSSF match though I'm pretty seasoned in USPSA.

Quick question. Are Glock +2 extension OK on my G26 mags? I'm aware of the round limit, just wondering if these are OK or should I switch them out for my Pierce?

Pic of me in my profile, look me up if you are there I'd be honored to meet you!

Joe

kyglockshooter 2.0
10-21-2012, 20:31
You picked a awesome match for your first. the scenery is magnificent, and the range which is atleast 500 acres is beyond amazingly cool to a 20 year old such as me. (Though in sparta for the gssf this weekend's range was 1500 acres with a 1000 camping-rv hook's, 250 acres of water, 3.5miles of trap houses in a perfectly straight line) the range was called world shooting complex and I really want to see that range packed next year it is big enough to handle 5 times more entries than this years number. Also this was the first time this match has been held there so it was nice not to overload the brand new RO's. Also the workers at this range were hands down some of the best/nicest RO's I've met.

Butch
10-22-2012, 06:13
Are Glock +2 extension OK on my G26 mags?
Yup!

Also.....I expect to be there Saturday!

lethal tupperwa
10-22-2012, 06:41
wave when I limp by

DeuceRooster
10-22-2012, 06:43
Ahhhhh, I'm in Corbin (only a bit over a one our drive) I may have to venture up.

Gary1911A1
10-22-2012, 07:37
I'll be there Saturday to shoot in two divisions. It is a beautiful club. I'll plan on stopping by Bud's after or before to look around. Wonder if anything will follow me home?

Bren
10-22-2012, 07:47
You picked a awesome match for your first. the scenery is magnificent, and the range which is atleast 500 acres is beyond amazingly cool to a 20 year old such as me. (Though in sparta for the gssf this weekend's range was 1500 acres with a 1000 camping-rv hook's, 250 acres of water, 3.5miles of trap houses in a perfectly straight line) the range was called world shooting complex and I really want to see that range packed next year it is big enough to handle 5 times more entries than this years number. Also this was the first time this match has been held there so it was nice not to overload the brand new RO's. Also the workers at this range were hands down some of the best/nicest RO's I've met.

BGSL (Lexington/Wilmore) is actually 1,435 acres. Some of it is hunting, camping, etc.

mike g35
10-22-2012, 08:40
I'll be there Saturday!!! Can't wait!!!! :)

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

ScottC.
10-22-2012, 14:34
My wife and I will be driving down Saturday after the indoor GSSF League shoot in New Albany Oh. This will be our first outdoor match and we are both looking forward to it. We plan on getting there late afternoon Saturday and then shooting Sunday before heading home to Dayton.
How late do these matches usually run ? I was hoping to get there early enough Saturday and stop by and check things out so we know what to expect when we shoot on Sunday.

Sgt.K
10-22-2012, 15:18
Here's the link to the range.

Blue Grass Sportsmens League-GSSF (http://bgslinc.com/modules.php?name=BGSL_Sport_GSSF&file=page&load=Home.html)

kyglockshooter 2.0
10-22-2012, 19:03
BGSL (Lexington/Wilmore) is actually 1,435 acres. Some of it is hunting, camping, etc.

Well I am wrong then and I do apologize, I did not do my homework and google it like I should have. For some reason I had the notion it is smaller then it actually is. And by no means am I putting down lexington.

Glockrunner
10-22-2012, 21:31
I've got some lock work to do in Corbin.

We'll be there Saturday.

SARDG
10-22-2012, 21:52
...How late do these matches usually run ? I was hoping to get there early enough Saturday and stop by and check things out so we know what to expect when we shoot on Sunday.
Matches go until the last shooter finishes OR it gets too dark to shoot OR until they believe the last shooter has shot and tear down the stages. Shooting should go on Sunday's until at least 3PM (registration util 2PM), but don't tarry too long and miss the boat.

Don At PC
10-23-2012, 12:33
If all goes as planned my wife and I will be roling into the Hampton Inn at Danville Friday evening, shooting Saturday and heading back home Sunday morning.

Don

Alexd29
10-23-2012, 17:03
My wife and I will be driving down Saturday after the indoor GSSF League shoot in New Albany Oh. This will be our first outdoor match and we are both looking forward to it. We plan on getting there late afternoon Saturday and then shooting Sunday before heading home to Dayton.
How late do these matches usually run ? I was hoping to get there early enough Saturday and stop by and check things out so we know what to expect when we shoot on Sunday.

Where are you guys located at in Dayton. i live up in vandalia. if you have a free evening. i can go over the course of fire and range.commands at MVSG. that way you will know what to expect. shoot me a pm and we can get in touch. -David-

ScottC.
10-23-2012, 18:18
Pm sent, Thanks

GUNS N' HOGS
10-23-2012, 19:54
My Son and I will be there Saturday and Sunday for our first GSSF Match! He lives in Louisville; so we'll be driving down both days from there.

Everyone drive/arrive safe!

:cheers:

Walk Soft
10-24-2012, 20:46
If it rains Saturday I'll be there because I can get off from work.I'm not a GSSF member.Can I still attend? Also can I register the day of?

Glockrunner
10-24-2012, 20:48
If it rains Saturday I'll be there because I can get off from work.I'm not a GSSF member.Can I still attend? Also can I register the day of?

Yes & Yes

Butch
10-24-2012, 21:07
Can I still attend? Also can I register the day of?
Like Gr says, yes & yes....but what I would do is go to http://gssfonline.com/pdf/forms/RegForm_fillin.pdf to fill in the registration form and then print it to bring along...it'll save you some time. Note that you can join and register both on that same form.

And, if you haven't already, check out the new shooter briefing while yer there too!
--> http://www.gssfonline.com/regforms/new_comp_brief.pdf

lethal tupperwa
10-25-2012, 06:54
AND !! sign up for the new shooter drawing

one "new shooter" will win a free Glock.

Mrs Glockrunner
10-25-2012, 06:58
If all goes as planned my wife and I will be roling into the Hampton Inn at Danville Friday evening, shooting Saturday and heading back home Sunday morning.

Don

Will Karen be shooting as well? Would love to meet her.

Don At PC
10-25-2012, 07:00
Karen doesn't shoot but she will be traveling with me to Lexington and our 6 day trip to San Antonio since she has never been there. She plans on being at the range with me, I will be shooting Saturday.

Don

Mrs Glockrunner
10-25-2012, 09:56
Karen doesn't shoot but she will be traveling with me to Lexington and our 6 day trip to San Antonio since she has never been there. She plans on being at the range with me, I will be shooting Saturday.

Don

I'll be on the lookout for the two of you. And BTW.... Happy Birthday!!!!

Scooter921
10-26-2012, 07:43
Lets hope all this rain passes they say KY is going to get driving in today at the Hampton Inn on lakecrest cir in lexington shooting sat and then heading home sun

see yall there

James5m
10-26-2012, 15:53

Don

So you finally found someone to carry your gun bag around the range:whistling: Good luck Don.. Clean runs:2gun:

mike g35
10-27-2012, 06:50
Lets hope all this rain passes they say KY is going to get driving in today at the Hampton Inn on lakecrest cir in lexington shooting sat and then heading home sun

see yall there
I chose to shoot Sunday because of the rain. Hopefully the forecast improves for all the shooters that are going to be there today. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!!!

GUNS N' HOGS
10-27-2012, 08:10
Brandon and I are going to stop in this afternoon and shoot tomorrow if all goes well.

I'll look you up when we get there!

Good luck!

Ben

:wavey:

GlockEyeDoc
10-27-2012, 08:26
My wife and I are headed down today shooting tomorrow Is it wrong to ask someone who shot today to post what 5 and m setup they are using?

Alexd29
10-27-2012, 13:50
5toG is the V. two far targets. glock M is far targets on the outside, close targets in thr middle on the outside of 3 poppers

GUNS N' HOGS
10-28-2012, 18:51
After the fact; but 5ToG's two far targets were 20 yds. Ok by me!

One of the ROs said Glock M was more like Glock W.....and I agree.

Except for the cold and wind, we had a great time!!

:cheers: