Middle Class Perspective From Wisconsin and Florida... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Middle Class Perspective From Wisconsin and Florida...

RayB
10-21-2012, 20:43
...On The Upcoming Presidential Election...

In Wisconsin...

If you listen to the MSM, including the local MSM affiliate sock puppets , it looks gloomy for Romney...

Of course, this is the same media that told us that:

1) Most of our citizens were outraged and worried sick about maintaining our public employee's absurdly generous, and in some cases ludicrous, wages, perks, and benefits packages. And that we wanted them to have better pay and benefits than the rest of us will ever see for the same work, and that we were more than happy to pay for this through ever-increasing fees and taxes!

2) The vast majority of Wisconsinites heartily supported our Democratic Representatives running and hiding in Illinois (awaiting instructions from their union bosses and the Obama Administration), instead of reporting for work, because they didn't "own" the new governor!

3) The greater balance of our state's population applauded the Liberal hacks, school teachers, professional students, cops and firemen (who were unaffected by Governor Walker’s Initiatives), union-hired rabble-rousers, and general low-lifes, hunkered down at our State Capital, hindering state’s business and vandalizing the property!

4) Joanne Kloppenburg was cleaning David Prosser's clock in the State Supreme Court race—and the recount!

5) Tom Barrett was wiping up the floor with Scott Walker during the Gubernatorial Race—and the Recall Election!

Except that history records that they were, of course, dead-wrong regarding all of the above!

So, when I hear that it's pretty much "in the bag for Obama", I seriously have to doubt it! :upeyes:

In Florida...

I spoke with my sister in Florida this morning. Both she and her husband have long careers with major corporations. Both she and her husband voted for Obama in the last election... Well, this year they voted early, and they voted for Mitt Romney...

She tells me that from where she sits (and she's lived in Florida since 1967), that it's looking pretty gloomy for Obama, and that Romney is likely to take this election by a comfortable margin; and she tells me that her considerable circle of friends and contacts all feel the same way. She tells me that most people get that Obama's message is the same as it was four years ago—as if he has no track record to account for—and that four more years of the same failed crap isn’t going to turn anything around!

And according to her, Florida’s considerable population of war veterans can’t stand Barack Obama...

My sister also tells me that if she were to apply for a promotion within her own company (where she’s been since 1980), and based her application entirely on how bad the person currently holding that position was, without citing any real-world track record or accolades of her own, that she not only would not get the promotion, but that she would severely damage her existing standing and credibility with her employer! Why should it be any different for Obama? :dunno:

Plus, she says that most people agree that four more years of a Barack Obama, unfettered by the prospect of reelection, is too scary a thing to contemplate! :shocked:

So, my friends, Hope and Change are alive and well! And it ain’t over till it’s over! :patriot:

--Ray

P.S. My sister also suggests that a savvier Paul Ryan, might have said of the snickering Vice President Biden, "Well, I see Joe's gone to his happy place again..." :whistling:

shotgunred
10-21-2012, 20:59
lets hope you are right.

Maxx702
10-21-2012, 21:14
I agree there is a strong underlying sentiment that Obama is not thew answer.

2 things that worry me are there are 1-so many more people on the government entitlement bandwagon now 2- at least here in Nevada the Dems have turned out a huge voter registration effort and I suspect they now are targeting first time voters with questionable immigration status.

The Democrat cheat machine is out in full force.

RayB
10-21-2012, 21:23
I agree there is a strong underlying sentiment that Obama is not thew answer.

2 things that worry me are there are 1-so many more people on the government entitlement bandwagon now 2- at least here in Nevada the Dems have turned out a huge voter registration effort and I suspect they now are targeting first time voters with questionable immigration status.

The Democrat cheat machine is out in full force.

Yeah, neither my sister's circle nor my own includes overfed government employees (and yes, I know that not all government employees fit that description; keep in mind—I'm in Wisconsin!), union thugs & drones, or career welfare recipients. :upeyes:

Still, we did manage to kick their asses locally! And Wisconsin is a hugely Liberal state! :supergrin:

--Ray