Bob Schieffer [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Bob Schieffer

gwalchmai
10-22-2012, 05:11
Come on, why the pretense? They may as well let Worf moderate. :upeyes:

ChuteTheMall
10-22-2012, 05:55
Senile old gun-grabber. He's no Thomas Paine.

Schieffer's commentary: U.S. today lacks common sense - YouTube

ERASER
10-22-2012, 06:23
"Common Sense" = "Fair Share" in that they never really define what they mean. They just toss those terms out there. Afterall, who could possibly be against fairness and common sense? Pablum for the masses.

aircarver
10-22-2012, 06:26
"Common Sense" = "Fair Share" in that they never really define what they mean. They just toss those terms out there. Afterall, who could possibly be against fairness and common sense? Pablum for the masses.

= "You pay .... I don't" .....:steamed:

Brucev
10-22-2012, 07:16
If he is as incompetent as some pretend, why be afraid of him? If so many are afraid of him, perhaps it is because he is not so senile as some suppose.

Paul7
10-22-2012, 08:03
Maybe we should restrict freedom of the press when that right is abused.

callihan_44
10-22-2012, 08:26
i think it's time we ditch the alphabet channel debates, there are alot better alternate sources for news now days that could ask better questions, i havent gotten my news from tv in years...

gwalchmai
10-22-2012, 08:28
If he is as incompetent as some pretend, why be afraid of him? If so many are afraid of him, perhaps it is because he is not so senile as some suppose.I didn't imply Schieffer's incompetent. I'm saying he's partisan for Obama. Although you wouldn't know it by the record of moderators provided so far, the moderator is supposed to be an impartial party who keeps time and little else.

F350
10-22-2012, 08:58
I expect him to be as impartial as COWley.

countrygun
10-22-2012, 10:48
Did anyone hear Bahgdad Bob Schieffer's latest comment on the debates this morning???

I paraphrase (very closely, I just don't believe in my perfection so it's a paraphrase)

"Debate moderates are like sports officials, the only people who complain about their decisions are the losing team"

OH YAH, HE HAS NO BIAS.

Paul7
10-22-2012, 11:43
Top 7 instances of Schieffer bias:

http://michellemalkin.com/2012/10/22/the-bias-of-bob-schieffer-top-7-moments/

maxsnafu
10-22-2012, 11:50
Senile old gun-grabber. He's no Thomas Paine.

Schieffer's commentary: U.S. today lacks common sense - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QUB1Uwfan0)

So what exactly is his "common sense" solution? A psychiatric exam for anyone who wants a gun? I would trust the town soothsayer more than most psychiatrists. It's easy to bloviate about how we've got to do something. Specifics appear to be a bit more of a challenge.

Diesel McBadass
10-22-2012, 11:52
im pretty sure after the complaints on cowley last debate hell be kept on a leash, to save face

maxsnafu
10-22-2012, 11:52
If he is as incompetent as some pretend, why be afraid of him? If so many are afraid of him, perhaps it is because he is not so senile as some suppose.

For me, his competence is not in question. His willingness to moderate in an unbiased manner is.

maxsnafu
10-22-2012, 11:56
im pretty sure after the complaints on cowley last debate hell be kept on a leash, to save face

You have a lot more faith in Liberals than I do. To them fair play is an unknown concept.

aircarver
10-22-2012, 12:00

By whom ? .....

jdavionic
10-22-2012, 12:00
You have a lot more faith in Liberals than I do. To them fair play is an unknown concept.

I agree. The old fart will continue with the 2 on 1 forum.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

sbhaven
10-22-2012, 12:10
In a perfect world a moderator should simply ask the same question to both candidates and make sure they both are given the same amount of time to talk and respond to the questions asked.

Instead what we have is scripted entertainment. The moderators interject their personal political views, both intentionally and unintentionally, into the debates in an effort to make the debates more entertaining. Look at how the MSM treats the debates. They treat them as a game to be won based on "points". They grade the candidates and call the winner based on the canidates emotions and delivery style.

Diesel McBadass
10-22-2012, 12:20
By whom ? .....

Isn't the comission setting up the debates bi partisan? They could tell him to keep it cool or he'll never be allowed back or something like that

Paul7
10-22-2012, 12:20
As I've asked before, why do we even need moderators? Lincoln and Douglas didn't have one.

countrygun
10-22-2012, 12:57

I didn't see calls of "Incompetence":dunno:

Bias yes, but those are two different things.

But there ARE a lot of people who ARE dangerous thru incompetence.

maxsnafu
10-22-2012, 13:08
Isn't the comission setting up the debates bi partisan?

...which raises the question why does the GOP so consistently get snookered into situations like this?

countrygun
10-22-2012, 13:16
...which raises the question why does the GOP so consistently get snookered into situations like this?

Look at the overall psychology of this situation. Given that the fight is for the undecideds, and given how Obama was elected, if you were the GOP would you really want to give the Dems ANY chance of saying any moderator "wasn't fair to poor widddle Barry"? Certainly, if played right tonight Obama will not get many "sympathy votes" because the debates weren't fair to him.

Skyhook
10-22-2012, 13:43
Did anyone hear Bahgdad Bob Schieffer's latest comment on the debates this morning???

I paraphrase (very closely, I just don't believe in my perfection so it's a paraphrase)

"Debate moderates are like sports officials, the only people who complain about their decisions are the losing team"

OH YAH, HE HAS NO BIAS.

Would that Romney would have a 'Newt Moment' and kick Bob's butt, too.... if need be.

ColdSteelNail
10-22-2012, 14:38
The only problem I have had with the moderators is that they don't enforce time limits. I would like to see them cut the microphones at 5-10 seconds over the time limit.

LASTRESORT20
10-22-2012, 16:43

Copy That! Spot on!

Sporaticus
10-22-2012, 16:46
I expect him to be as impartial as COWley.

I think his will be more cleverly disguised. CNN and Crowley types don't even try to cover their bias. Schieffer will. Not that he won't be biased, he'll just be more clever in hiding it.